11 replies to this topic
Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

user posted image

Everyone loves a good ghost story. When it's 1am and you're bored out your mind you decide to research a few, Now of course it's all a load of crap, but after you've read a few, you start becoming more wary of your surroundings, you feel slightly uncomfortable as if you're being watched... Then Morning comes and you haven't slept a minute, just constantly staring at that slightly dark corner of your room...

My fellow Forumer's, this topic is for people that love the intensity of reading and telling a ghost story. I'm not talking about watching some crappy ghost movie that makes you jump once or twice, I'm talking about a story that makes your skin crawl, a story that makes you think.

Please share you're short and long stories. They don't have to be made by you. It could be a tale you were told by your best friend as you went to sleep in your tent in the back garden, It could be an all time classic, or it could have happened to you...

let's get started. This short story is entitled "The Barn." I was told this story by one of my friends so I searched it up and found the full version.

Much to the displeasure of our parents, we liked hanging out in the old barn. The barn was situated toward the back of the house and was a dilapidated, crumbling building that we were forbidden to enter.
My brother and I usually went there at night and with our flashlights we would enter the barn through a side door that hung precariously on its last corroded hinge. It appeared ready to collapse at the tiniest provocation, so holding our breath and very careful to avoid touching anything, we would squeeze through the tiny opening to the inside.

Scattered randomly throughout the interior were rusting farming implements, rakes, a scythe and numerous long-forgotten other tools that no longer resembled anything useful. All of the items appeared dangerous and capable of serious damage if they were mishandled or if careless passage caused contact with fragile skin. We kept our distance and tried to remain clear of these things, finding our usual seats in the center of the room on the old hay bales left there.

The barn itself was pretty spooky and in the darkness, the outlines of the objects and decaying contents resembled the skeletons of the dead, but my brother and I liked it. We would go there and share spooky stories and get ourselves so frightened, we'd barely find our balance to get back out the decrepit barn door as we would literally be shaking in our boots.

But the loft was the most sinister part of the barn. It was dark as pitch and the ladder leading up to it had years ago crumbled into an unusable heap of kindling that lie uselessly on the barn floor. The few remaining steps appeared in tact at the top, but at ground level the decaying rungs appeared through the murkiness to be the gaping holes of a skeleton's dislodged teeth.

We never went up to the loft and could only imagine its contents: huge spiders covered with coarse hair and menacing fangs. Their enormous eyes watched and waited for anyone who dared to ascend the rotting ladder to the elevated platform. Other than our mental images of the spiders, we had no idea what was in the loft.

One night, we were in the barn sitting on the floor talking. During pauses in our conversation, we listened to the mournful groans of the old structure slowly yet very audibly decaying. Why this caused us such fascination is unknown to me, but we were thoroughly enjoying the spooky, musty ambience that was the old barn.

My brother was telling his favorite ghost story for the hundredth time in low, hushed tones. I was enthralled by the tale as my brother was very good at making any story sound terrifying beyond belief.

Just when the story hit its scariest point, a scraping noise began to emanate from the loft. At first we thought it was our over active imaginations. But the soft sound grew in intensity as we listened, almost as if the originator had waited to ensure it's audience was paying attention.

Scraaaaape. Screeeeeech. Scraaaaape.

Then for a second, the only sound we could hear was our heartbeats pounding wildly in our ears. We stared at each other with wild eyes, lids locked wide open, almost bulging.

A chill ran down my spine. I grabbed my brother's hand and held it to me. I couldn't imagine what could be causing the sound and in terror, I whispered loudly, "Michael!"

At that, my brother shifted position and leaped over to sit beside me. He shook loose my grip and wrapped his arms around me, covering my mouth with one of his hands. "Shhh," he whispered, very quietly.

Screeeeech. Scraappppe.

It was a metallic sound, hollow and ominous.

Michael grabbed my hand and pulled me with him as he jumped up and ran for the door. We held our breaths as we squeezed through the passageway, careful to keep from touching the sides. We escape the barn and ran out into the night using all of our might to keep from screaming.

We made it to the backyard and stopped, bending over and holding our sides, chests heaving. We gained our composure before we stepped onto the porch and opened the screen door. Mom was there and said, "Time for dinner kids!"

"I'm glad you're here," she continued, "a man escaped from jail tonight and the police are on the lookout. You kids should stay inside. Guess the guy was a terrible, evil person. Murdered five people before he got caught."

We half listened as we pulled out our chairs to sit down.

"Shouldn't be hard to find, though. He had a metal hook for a hand. Gotta be pretty easy to find a fellow like that.

"Did you kids wash your hands?"

Now let's hear your's. Although one rule, you must tell us where you found the story or who told you and when, maybe how old you were. Begin...
devil.gif

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012
    Topic of the Year 2011 "GTA V Screenshot Fun"

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

Great effort. I f*cking love that header. icon14.gif

Celestail
  • Celestail

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

Ok i start

So i was about 10 years old living in a new home, i remember waking up late at night when i saw this "kid" looking in me buildt-in wardrobe i throught it was my step-bro at the time until i woke up a bit more then i slowly realized it wasn't my step-bro. 3 days later our neighbour said a kid was suppost to be haunting our house along with others, i don't live there now but true story icon14.gif

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (Celestail @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 19:47)
Ok i start

So i was about 10 years old living in a new home, i remember waking up late at night when i saw this "kid" looking in me buildt-in wardrobe i throught it was my step-bro at the time until i woke up a bit more then i slowly realized it wasn't my step-bro. 3 days later our neighbour said a kid was suppost to be haunting our house along with others, i don't live there now but true story icon14.gif

Cool! I prefer stories that have happened to people, true stories are always the scariest because it could happen to you. devil.gif

Celestail
  • Celestail

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (Rofl50 @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 20:58)
Cool! I prefer stories that have happened to people, true stories are always the scariest because it could happen to you. devil.gif

Believe me its true, unfortunely i had no camera ten years ago so got no proof besides even if i did have a camera i wouldn't of been quick enough

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Celestail @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 20:02)
QUOTE (Rofl50 @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 20:58)
Cool! I prefer stories that have happened to people, true stories are always the scariest because it could happen to you.  devil.gif

Believe me its true, unfortunely i had no camera ten years ago so got no proof besides even if i did have a camera i wouldn't of been quick enough

I believe you son, I believe you...

Greatshark
  • Greatshark

Russian Legionnaire

• Members

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

When I was younger, I used to go to my grandparents house for the weekend. They lived in quite a big house and you always had the feeling of never being alone and it was always cold through the house. Although because I was about nine at the time I didn't really notice it too much. One night I was going to sleep and it was stormy outside and I was just getting settled and then I felt the bed go down at end. As though someone had just sat down on the end of the bed and I could feel the weight on my feet. I shouted at it and as soon as I did that it was gone. My grand parents have moved since then, but of all the times after that happened, whatever it was never bothered me again.

True Story smile.gif

Lexty.
  • Lexty.

action without satisfaction.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (Greatshark @ Friday, Nov 23 2012, 16:52)
When I was younger, I used to go to my grandparents house for the weekend. They lived in quite a big house and you always had the feeling of never being alone and it was always cold through the house. Although because I was about nine at the time I didn't really notice it too much. One night I was going to sleep and it was stormy outside and I was just getting settled and then I felt the bed go down at end. As though someone had just sat down on the end of the bed and I could feel the weight on my feet. I shouted at it and as soon as I did that it was gone. My grand parents have moved since then, but of all the times after that happened, whatever it was never bothered me again.

True Story smile.gif

I believe that was a quick case of sleep paralysis.

Search it up and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

I thought that when I read it shark. Because you said it started when you were just getting settled. Although the feeling of never being alone and coldness is strange. Although it's always f*cking freezing in Russia.

Dr-Mayhem111
  • Dr-Mayhem111

4th Generation Corsino Capo Crimini

• Members

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

I had the most unusual dream. I was roaming in an empty house that was beautiful, full of decorations and breathtaking artwork on the walls. But then everything burned right in front of me and I heard screaming, as if it was a young girl. I ran at full speed towards the screaming and found a young girl dressed in a 1920s all white dress. She stood there scared asking for help, and managed to get here out of the fire. We ran downstairs to the main exit to leave but she wouldn't get past the door, she said they won't let her leave and I asked who.....she said Damien Jericho. Soon after she said that the fire grew more aggressive burning the house completely and parts of the second floor fell on the young girl, I tried to get her out but it was too late. I was approached by a grotesque creature in a form of a demon that shape shifted into a human being but as a priest. He leaned towards me and said "You will not escape this nightmare." and I woke up screaming. After realizing that I was having a bad dream I soon forgot about it.

I was looking for a new place to live for about three months and saw an ad about a big spacial house for rent at a very good price. I wrote down the address, 666 Jericho Dr. I noticed the weird address but I wasn't really concerned about it until I saw the house up close and...... it was the same place in my dream. I thought it was just plain coincidence and I was searching for the real estate agent who I found in the room that looked just like the one where the girl was in my dream. I called his name "D. J. Wilkins?" and received no response, so I decided to tap on his shoulder and he turned around..... and it was the same guy from my dream. His eyes glowed red, his face was burnt, and his voice was very hoarsely and told me "You will not escape this nightmare." I screamed and I just woke up again and thought I was having another dream.

I wake up confused and scared and my girlfriend said there was someone asking for at the door. I approached the door and there was a little girls with her back facing me. I asked "Can I help you?" she turned and I jumped in fear because it was the same little girl from the dream. She tells me "Fight back. It's your only way to escape your nightmare." I asked her "Am I still dreaming?" and she answered yes. she also said "The more you stay asleep the easier it will be for Damien to possess your body." I asked "How much time do I have left?".........she replied "24 hours."

To be continued.......

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

I like it, pretty damn good! I love the dream repetition. Looking forward to the next story, if you continue it.

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:00 AM

The following is "Something in the dark" A true story by Amber Morrison.

Something in the Dark

It all started when I was 12 years old. I wasn't aware of the strange happenings right away but I remember when my parents moved my sister, brother and I into my grandparents old house, the hauntings began. Due to hardship and a series of unfortunate events at the time, we suddenly found ourselves homeless. Thankfully, my grandparents took us in. At first, the sudden move seemed like an adventure. The house sat on a sprawling 5 acres of land. But deep inside myself, I knew there was something not right about my grandparents house. It wasn't anything you could put your finger on. The best way to describe It is "a feeling of dread." I tried to dismiss it to the strangeness and uneasiness of my new surroundings. After all, this was an old house. But eventually the feeling of dread and the thickness in the air became abundant.

As time went by, our mother started to act strange. She had always been a loving mother to us and had a wonderful sense of humor and would often joke with us. In the months since our move, she began to change. She would unexpectedly fly off the handle over nothing. It was like she was so angry all the time. Instead of her usual loving self, she was always drained, sick or angry. One time she went to visit my older sister in South Carolina. She stayed with her for a few months. As soon as she was away from the old house, she was back to normal. She was herself again. It was as if something in the house would influence her personality or possess her.

One night my sister and I were laying on our bed in the dark. It was very late and everyone in the house was asleep. My mom had gone to stay with my older sister for a few weeks. We whispered and confided our worries, our dreams, and our fears to one another. "Mom is so different in this house." I told her. "I know!" she murmmured. "She has changed......it's like she's another person." We snuggled in bed and found refuge and comfort in each other's arms.

Across the room a creak interrupted our conversation. The bedroom door gradually opened. A dark figure was standing in the doorway. "Who is it?" I stammered. There was no answer. I couldn't make out any distinct features except for one, a set of menacing red eyes.

They pierced through the darkness. My sister and I stared in disbelief at the entrance. Then, we heard it........ a very low creepy laugh. My heart started to pound. Then without warning, the dark figure disappeared. My sister and I stared for what seemed several seconds. Finally, I got up. We assumed it was our brother trying to mess with us. We rushed to the doorway. There was nothing there. Our brother slept at the far end of the house. I knew he couldn't have gone down the hallway without us hearing him. I tiptoed to my brother's room as quickly as I could. He was sound asleep. Later in our room we tried to convince ourselves our eyes were playing tricks on us. Secretly we knew that we both had seen something we couldn't explain. Eventually we fell sleep. After several minutes, I felt something sitting on my feet. The pressure woke me up. When I tried to move my feet, I couldn't. I cried out and startled my sister awake. She screamed and the sensation stopped. "There was something dark sitting on your bed watching you!"

I do not know what was sitting on my bed that night. I never did find out. I do know it was evil. There were many paranormal events over the years in that house. I am now grown with children of my own. My parents later moved into a house they built on my grandparents land. The hauntings continued...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users