Photo

game freeze after modding please help

11 replies to this topic
Toki Wartooths
  • Toki Wartooths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

i bot a copy of gta 4 for the pc after seeing a youtube vid of what the game looks like modded and iv been working on it for days now just trying to get it to work and now i have it all running good but when i go to hand in my mission i get stuck on a load screen that shouldn't even be there , if any one can help me i would appreciate it so much!

oh and im not sure if it matters but the mission is bull in a china shop, i can do the mission but its when i go back to Vlad it freezes

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

do you have missing textures when you don't play missions

aacclapd
  • aacclapd

Map Modder

• Members

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (Toki Wartooths @ Saturday @ Sep 22 2012, 19:14)
i bot a copy of gta 4 for the pc after seeing a youtube vid of what the game looks like modded and iv been working on it for days now just trying to get it to work and now i have it all running good but when i go to hand in my mission i get stuck on a load screen that shouldn't even be there , if any one can help me i would appreciate it so much!

oh and im not sure if it matters but the mission is bull in a china shop, i can do the mission but its when i go back to Vlad it freezes

which mods have you installed?.

Toki Wartooths
  • Toki Wartooths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Saturday, Sep 22 2012, 18:39)
do you have missing textures when you don't play missions

yes sometimes the game runs all choppy and some of the texturses are missing or just load in late

aacclapd
  • aacclapd

Map Modder

• Members

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

did you installed Trafficload.asi ?
there is only one fact that makes the models in stream wpls load later than LOD's, the excesive MB loading. if a car in the vehicles.img is bigger than 1.5 MB (aprox.). and if you've installed the trafficload.asi.

Toki Wartooths
  • Toki Wartooths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:19 PM Edited by Toki Wartooths, 22 September 2012 - 10:22 PM.

QUOTE (aacclapd @ Saturday, Sep 22 2012, 22:02)
did you installed Trafficload.asi ?
there is only one fact that makes the models in stream wpls load later than LOD's, the excesive MB loading. if a car in the vehicles.img is bigger than 1.5 MB (aprox.). and if you've installed the trafficload.asi.

i am using real traffic spawn1.02 and icenhancer and vehicle mod installer

im new to this kinda stuff it took me a few days to mod fallout NV and im having a harder time with GTA 4 for sure

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:54 PM

try without the traffic script . generally when missions get stuck it's when you made too ressource demanding modding , and the game just can't deal with excessive workload . and traffic fixes are among most ressource demanding mods

Toki Wartooths
  • Toki Wartooths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Saturday, Sep 22 2012, 23:54)
try without the traffic script . generally when missions get stuck it's when you made too ressource demanding modding , and the game just can't deal with excessive workload . and traffic fixes are among most ressource demanding mods

ok but how do i make it not just have cabs all the time?

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:30 AM

cabs are sent by game when game workload is intense and it happens generally after a modding . just play a bit and it should come back to normal . traffic fixes are cool but they generally cause textures bugs not a big deal IMO . as if you want them to work properly you'll have to limit your vehicles.img file size and thus the number of cars installed ..

Toki Wartooths
  • Toki Wartooths

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Sunday, Sep 23 2012, 05:30)
cabs are sent by game when game workload is intense and it happens generally after a modding . just play a bit and it should come back to normal . traffic fixes are cool but they generally cause textures bugs not a big deal IMO . as if you want them to work properly you'll have to limit your vehicles.img file size and thus the number of cars installed ..

cool thank you
i guess i just went overbore on the car mods haha

aacclapd
  • aacclapd

Map Modder

• Members

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

try out this traffic fix. no more texture bugs.
http://www.gta4-mods...-traffic-f14716

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:24 PM Edited by jpm1, 23 September 2012 - 06:26 PM.

i maybe expressed myself not correctly , i meant that traffic fixes bring generally problems unless you limit your modding to a few cars . Chikamru "mixture" got rid of the textures bug but it impacts performances on my install . cars react with a very few delay and that's enough to mess up the handling

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users