1,254 replies to this topic
unopieceo
  • unopieceo

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:50 AM

Pretty amazing, youve taken this way further than anyone ever has for a III mod, well done :^: hope you finish it

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:14 AM

Awesome pics...the new area reminds me so much of San Fierro...I will PM you soon with some new ideas

Yea because i had to use some road and models for the "bending" part of the new area from san fierro.

It's amazing!! Good job OmeXr!! :-)

Thank you.

How do you update stuff so quickly, I see new stuff every day.

Well thank you, i got some free time in these days so i do these as fast as i can.

Great work, as per usual OmeXr!

Also, is anyone else stuck in Portland in BETA 3 like me?

What do you mean by "stuck"?

I have to say this mod is growing beyond any expectations!

The question remains though. Will you prelight it or it isnt any more nessesary with all these graphical enhancements?

Im pleased to see the quality is steady and the content is delivering its goals.

-Angel

Maybe later, not now. I just want to do the "big" parts first, then the cosmetic changes and everything else ;)

OmeXr, why you're removed older Beta versions from GTAGarage? You're removed even Beta 2.5 that was the only version containing those MP3 files without which Beta 3 won't work at all. :die: Now I see only Beta 3 on GTAGarage http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=21448 which doesn't have these MP3 files and whoever now download your Beta 3 will be unable to run it because you're removed Beta 2.5 - the only source for these MP3 files (and making possible to run your game). So please you:

1. Put required MP3 files in Beta 4 (that aren't available with Beta 3) you're working currently,

or

2. Put the removed Beta 2.5 version back (if not all removed versions). I still have no idea why you are did removed all older versions and leaving only newest one?!?  :blink:

Anyway, it might is better do NOT remove your older versions, since someone might not want to play newest version exactly.

The old beta files are not needed anymore. I dont see anyone going back to them really. About the mp3 files, yes the next beta will have them and hope we will never encounter any of the earlier beta problems anymore.

Pretty amazing, youve taken this way further than anyone ever has for a III mod, well done :^: hope you finish it

Thank you.

Some subtle updates i feel like i have to tell you:

Kuruma will be spawning in Portland like it should have been. I mean there are like 3-4 kuruma parked around the island but not one to spawn, isnt that weird? (LCS also had kuruma spawning around Portland)

Securicar, bus, mr.whoopee, panlantic kind of special cars are also will be in the traffic, as they should have been, at least to me.

Ive had to go through and make some changes with beta3 buildings/shops like moving them slightly or just remove them completely. This was done because they were either in the same place with highway entrances/exits or was in the way of subway tunnels. But i added new stuff as many as i removed, so you would never miss one thing.

The forest above ghost town (made by dimzet13 via snow city) had to be removed, as it was never my intend to have it or it was having a place in my mod idea. The empty area ofcourse will be the new place for Carcer city, and Coney island as i stated before. (Ghost town is still there ofc)

Usual bug fixes around the city had to be done too. New material, new bugs. New bugs new fixes. Its a deadly cycle and with GTA3 engine, dont even think about it..

• 65536 and SaL_Leone like this

Snitch

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:41 AM Edited by 65536, 21 January 2014 - 10:38 AM.

(...)

OmeXr, why you're removed older Beta versions from GTAGarage? You're removed even Beta 2.5 that was the only version containing those MP3 files without which Beta 3 won't work at all. :die: Now I see only Beta 3 on GTAGarage http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=21448 which doesn't have these MP3 files and whoever now download your Beta 3 will be unable to run it because you're removed Beta 2.5 - the only source for these MP3 files (and making possible to run your game). So please you:
1. Put required MP3 files in Beta 4 (that aren't available with Beta 3) you're working currently,

or

2. Put the removed Beta 2.5 version back (if not all removed versions). I still have no idea why you are did removed all older versions and leaving only newest one?!?  :blink:

Anyway, it might is better do NOT remove your older versions, since someone might not want to play newest version exactly.

→ The old beta files are not needed anymore. I dont see anyone going back to them really. About the mp3 files, yes the next beta will have them and hope we will never encounter any of the earlier beta problems anymore.
(...)

Thanks anyway. A have a suggestions for you, dear @OmeXr:

1. Make possible a free roam without doing missions from beginning (you know, this can be done in GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas and actually GTA Vice City Stories PC Edition). You can make this if after starting a new game you make Claude do not start first mission automatically, and make he spawns in front of his savehouse in Portland instead, then adding a marker for first (and a markers ofr all other missions too) om map depending of place doing corresponding mission. In this way people linking a free roam (like me) can just explore map do as long they don't touch first marker mission, and the game to require Claude to run into the markers for those people that want to do the storyline missions. In Vice CIty, actually game doesn't forces player (Tommy Vercetti) to do missions, until he walks into pink marker for first mission in front of Ocean View Hotel. Same in San Andreas where you need to run into red marker in front of Carl Jonhson's house to start the first mission.
2. You can add a highway on an bridge around your map? Also 1-2 ramps on every island (Portland, Shoreside Vale, Carcer City, Stauton)... This would let you to move around map even if you're started a new game for example and Callahan Bridge is broken, and highway tunnel entrance and subway are closed because you don't have Stauton island unlocked yet.

3. Add a more interiors.

4. Last request is: you can add a more weapon pickups? GTA3 lacks about this because if you exclude ones around savehouses, there are very few weapons pickups placed on entire original map (I think they are only about 10 ones outside savehouses, no more).

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

1. no

2. trolling

3. -_-

4. maybe

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Notorious fan of underground electronic music and Molly Schultz

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:39 PM

1. no

2. trolling

3. -_-

4. maybe

Awesome anwers dude, respect  :monocle:

• Usman55, 65536 and SaL_Leone like this

Keith Ward
  • Keith Ward

Mark Ass Bitch Punk Trick Busta Fool

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:48 PM Edited by Keith Ward, 16 January 2014 - 01:48 PM.

I'm still stuck because:

1: No mission markers

2: The briefcase doesn't appear in "The Pick-Up"

I've mentioned these before...

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:50 PM

But beta versions only meant for free roam, not for missions.

Keith Ward
  • Keith Ward

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:51 PM Edited by Keith Ward, 16 January 2014 - 01:58 PM.

The lack of mission markers on the map makes the game near impossible to play. I was going fine up until "The Pickup", where the briefcase from the Triads does not appear at all where it should at all.

Also, when Claude gets on the train and it starts moving, Claude is flung violently from the train through the wall and nearly dies. Hilarious, but still a bug...

See?

Also, how can you get to the other islands without a save game file if you can't play through the missions? Snow City doesn't offer one.

It's a great mod, but we can't get past the first island easily (those who have actually installed and played it, that is)

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:12 PM Edited by OmeXr, 16 January 2014 - 02:12 PM.

What he suggested was to destroy an original mission of the game. I will never do anything like that.

Here are some savegames of mine:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y1psj0

• Keith Ward likes this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

You can easily get to Staunton and Shoreside from the beginning via spawning a tank and using the CHITTYCHITTYBB cheat. Point the cannon backwards, fire and FLY THROUGH IT! Hope I helped :)

• SaL_Leone likes this

SaL_Leone
  • SaL_Leone

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:52 PM Edited by SaL_Leone, 16 January 2014 - 02:54 PM.

You can easily get to Staunton and Shoreside from the beginning via spawning a tank and using the CHITTYCHITTYBB cheat. Point the cannon backwards, fire and FLY THROUGH IT! Hope I helped :)

..Like this

:D
This is good way too without cheats:
  • Jeansowaty likes this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:22 PM

That's it, that's how I always use it when recording Rampages.

• SaL_Leone likes this

alex8ball_BRATVA
  • alex8ball_BRATVA

Rat

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

Russians found easier way 

http://www.playgroun...ortlenda-21864/

just push "play" button thanx to Stinger Yakuza

Keith Ward
  • Keith Ward

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:15 AM

Hey OmeXr, thanks for the saved games!

By the way, once I added your saves, the mission markers have started working, but only in your saved games...

Also, the game looks a lot clearer and runs a tonne better. Also, Claude now has a different safehouse interior! What the? How did a save file change so much?

Also, why is the sky at night bright blue with black stars?

image_59041.jpg

R4GN0R0K
  • R4GN0R0K

macfag

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:14 AM

you can upgrade the safehouses, you can do it with a new game too if you have enough money.

Snitch

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:18 AM Edited by 65536, 17 January 2014 - 08:20 AM.

What he suggested was to destroy an original mission of the game. I will never do anything like that.

(...)

I think OmeXr probably didn't understood me right. I suggestion was just Claude do NOT start first mission automatically and to start it (and every of others ones) via running into a missions marker. I did NOT said anything for removing missions completely. Unfortunately OmeXr said he won't do this. It most likely he can't do scripting probably.

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

"Unfortunately OmeXr said he won't do this. It most likely he can't do scripting probably."

It most likely you cant speak english and i didnt understand you.

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:01 AM

Sport car wheels
image_59419.jpg
Blista re-newed to match Manhunt 2 Blista
image_59420.jpg
Radio stations names are italic and blue now
image_59421.jpg
24/7 update
image_59422.jpg

Docks update
image_59423.jpg
image_59424.jpg
image_59425.jpg
Phil's lockers (Manhunt) 
image_59426.jpg
New Sprunk vending machine, Candy vendor and Tarbrush coffee stand (Manhunt)
image_59427.jpg

SaL_Leone
  • SaL_Leone

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

http://media.gtanet....image_59419.jpg
Wow nice wheels
@OmeXr
Spoiler

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:36 PM Edited by Jeansowaty, 17 January 2014 - 02:37 PM.

It's... simply awesome! Can't describe that. Wait, if you said that the Blista is the same one as in Manhunt 2... does that mean that you're able to convert the cars from Manhunt to GTA3 now? O_O

BTW... are you able to add some new radio stations?

Usman55
  • Usman55

Thug

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

@Jeansowaty Actually, from what I understood, the Blista from Manhunt was converted by SilentPL.

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:26 PM

http://media.gtanet....image_59419.jpg
Wow nice wheels
@OmeXr

Spoiler

Thank you.

It's... simply awesome! Can't describe that. Wait, if you said that the Blista is the same one as in Manhunt 2... does that mean that you're able to convert the cars from Manhunt to GTA3 now? O_O

BTW... are you able to add some new radio stations?

Thank you, its not the same, i just rextextured it to look more like it. There are no cars in Manhunt 1 or 2. Those "cars" are only static map objects. But to convert them in to a car, you have to work a lot as Frank.s told me.

@Jeansowaty Actually, from what I understood, the Blista from Manhunt was converted by SilentPL.

?

Usman55
  • Usman55

Thug

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:51 PM Edited by Usman55, 17 January 2014 - 04:55 PM.

It wasn't?

EDIT: It was converted by ALMOST610, not SilentPL. Sorry, my mistake.

• OmeXr likes this

TommyV.
  • TommyV.

Tommy Vercetti

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

Nice job OmeXr!
  • OmeXr likes this

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

It wasn't?

EDIT: It was converted by ALMOST610, not SilentPL. Sorry, my mistake.

Its okay ;)

Nice job OmeXr!

Thank you!

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

I never ever touched any models :p

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

Latest version of Extended Portland:
image_59428.jpg
(Just ignore roads, they are only for testing and they are temp)
image_59429.jpg
Sprunk HQ
image_59430.jpg
Zaibatsu Pharmaceuticals
Chatterbox Fm dialog: (from Equinox commercial)
"Equinox is new, from Zaibatsu Pharmaceuticals. Ask your doctor about Equinox...today."
image_59431.jpg
image_59434.jpg
image_59435.jpg
Gruppe Sechs
image_59432.jpg
image_59433.jpg
Maibatsu (Maibatsu Monstrosity)
image_59436.jpg
Train tracks update (Now there are 2 train stations (Saint Mark's and Extended Portland)
image_59437.jpg
image_59438.jpg
image_59440.jpg
image_59439.jpg

Keith Ward
  • Keith Ward

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:06 PM

Looks pretty sweet! 

kakbun
  • kakbun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

love the zaibatsu building (gta 2 ftw :D)

good work!

Usman55
  • Usman55

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:18 AM

Awesomeness... You're doin' it right!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users