3Xtended

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,254 replies to this topic
OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:57 AM

i loved your ideas, but i cant do those things right now, i really need time to make all of the ideas you guys gave me.

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:24 AM

BETA 2.5

You NEED to read "README" in order to play the game.

-NEXT beta will be here in JAN 2014-

http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=21448

Okay, so these are last screens from BETA 2.5, from now on, it will be all about BETA3.

image_58444.jpg
image_58443.jpg
image_58439.jpg
image_58440.jpg
image_58441.jpg
image_58442.jpg

Node
  • Node

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:10 PM

Awesome work, I've just downloaded and tested it.

Two things though:

1.) Claude's skin after the Clothes change in "Give me Liberty" is all messed up and his face is stretched,

2.) The are no blips appearing on the radar.

Before you ask me if I've got any other mods installed, I haven't, I'm not a "n00b", it was installed onto of a fresh vanilla copy of Grand Theft Auto III.

Usman55
  • Usman55

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:11 PM Edited by Usman55, 02 December 2013 - 12:12 PM.

Am I the first one to try it? Yes, I am. Awesome!

Downloading it right now. Will let you know what I think of it. I'm sure it's going to be awesome. This mod is the sole reason of GTA 3 not getting deleted from my PC.  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:

EDIT: Oops, looks like I wasn't the first one after all.

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:15 PM

Two things though:

1.) Claude's skin after the Clothes change in "Give me Liberty" is all messed up and his face is stretched,

Before you ask me if I've got any other mods installed, I haven't, I'm not a "n00b", it was installed onto of a fresh vanilla copy of Grand Theft Auto III.

just use player.bmp from gta3xbox mod. (models/generic/player.bmp)

i didnt included it cuz i thought you guys would install this mod on xbox mod. appearently youve installed it on original gta3. thats why. its not an error, just a little glitch. thank you for downloading and testing.

Node
  • Node

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

Two things though:

just use player.bmp from gta3xbox mod. (models/generic/player.bmp)

i didnt included it cuz i thought you guys would install this mod on xbox mod. appearently youve installed it on original gta3. thats why. its not an error, just a little glitch. thank you for downloading and testing.

Ah right, cheers :^: 

Usman55
  • Usman55

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

Cars have trouble reversing.

The building where we get the icecream van in the mission "I Scream, You Scream" is improperly placed. It's in the air.

The theater near Luigi's Club is not enter-able. Probably a collision problem.

And I love the Marco's Bistro's interior.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

Did somebody piss all over the floor? That looks too shiny for a bathroom floor

image_58421.jpg

Usman55
  • Usman55

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

What about a complete save game? The original ones are not compatible.

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

Cars have trouble reversing.

> its because of the leftover handling file from snow city, which seems that i forgot about.

The building where we get the icecream van in the mission "I Scream, You Scream" is improperly placed. It's in the air.

> again, a snow city glitch. sometimes buildings misplaced, just load the game again, and you will see its in correct place.

The theater near Luigi's Club is not enter-able. Probably a collision problem.

> fixed for beta3.

And I love the Marco's Bistro's interior.

> thank you, i loved it too.

well, hazzardx will make a complete savegame after beta 3.1, but for now, its not needed because i might change the mainsc for spawning new cars or editing missions/features.

Trick

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:56 PM Edited by 65536, 02 December 2013 - 09:04 PM.

+100

I'm very sad exactly because of this! I don't know why, but OmeXr made last version of his total conversion to require any new patched.exe's...

1. If I try to load game with normal (unpatched) gta3.exe, it stops when loading bar reach near its end with unhandled exception, and game will just crash;
2. If I use any of patched gta3.exe's provided by OmeXr, game loads successfully, but if I go to savegames screen, there are NONE of the savegames I've was put available at all, so I can't start game with any 100% completed game... I can only start new game with no missions done and nothing unlocked. :cry: I also have an unmodded (normal) GTA3 and there all savegames appears and can be used... On previous GTA III Special Extended Edition Beta 2 all saves was compatible, but on latest Beta 2.5 Build they just can't be used anymore.

So please OmeXr to make next version compatible with normal savegames and to work with normal gta3.exe (or No-CD) instead this dawn requirement for patched exes... I've found this, game still can't use old save games if I use the patched exe, even with original main.scm... :catspider:...

I found a several bugs:

1. All weapons pickups can't be collected at all, as and some of the money pickups dropped by killed people;

2. Radar doesn't have the North sign;

3. I played in free roam and after while game crashed (producing an unhandled exception) with no reason. Seems this release using version 1.1 is more unstable than the previous version which uses ver. 1.0... :panic:

4. I use 60iiiframelimiter.cs CLEO script, but no matter, on some moments my game get a lag and drops FPS. This maybe because of your textures, but I'm not sure.

5. Some cars are stuck and cannot be driven at all.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

You should also try to un-shine the cars. I've never seen a car that shiny in my life.

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:17 PM

http://www2.zshares.net/ik3oez7kg4q2

Those are my save files.

65536, edit your message, you are sharing a exe file which is warez.

i have to use a patched exe in order to adjust ipl limits and change hud colors ingame. i cant use the original exe because its just so limited and you cant even have the half of all those stuff with it.

Trick

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:55 PM Edited by 65536, 02 December 2013 - 05:58 PM.

Those are my save files.

I have to use a patched exe in order to adjust IPL limits and change HUD colors ingame. I can't use the original exe because its just so limited and you cant even have the half of all those stuff with it.

Thanks! Them gives you passed only first mission, but they're good anyway.

I posted this link because I found it in your readme.txt inside your last release archive on GTAGarage...  :santa:

I've found a issues on your last version... Please check end of my post - #521 on this page.

Usman55
  • Usman55

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:41 PM Edited by Usman55, 02 December 2013 - 07:26 PM.

I noticed some lag too. FPS drop became common after 10 minutes of playing.

What is the car explosion sound at the start of a new game?

I just tried your savegame and it seems it has some extra features. The safehouse has a pickup for upgrading the hut. Didn't have $200,000 so I used the money cheat. One thing that I think needs fixing is that saving a game should be by pickups. The upgraded house must be good but I can't explore it because when I reach a try to go further the game saves.

The garage is bigger and wider but it's almost impossible to put two cars in there and take them out without crashing.

The tank is white.

The Manana from "Dead Skunk in the Trunk" is roaming freely on the roads.

Why are there 2 versions of Manana, 2 door and 4 door?

From which game is the Hustler taken from?

I also noticed many of the cars which were in the previous beta haven't been converted yet.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically incorrect.

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:10 PM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 02 December 2013 - 07:15 PM.

Those are my save files.

i have to use a patched exe in order to adjust ipl limits and change hud colors ingame. i cant use the original exe because its just so limited and you cant even have the half of all those stuff with it.

Well you can use ThirteenAG's limit adjuster that comes with Project 2dfx (yes he gave permission :p), although you can't edit HUD colours with it.

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:41 PM

I found a several bugs:

1. All weapons pickups can't be collected at all, as and some of the money pickups dropped by killed people;

Snow city, not me.

2. Radar doesn't have the North sign;

fixed.

3. I played in free roam and after while game crashed (producing an unhandled exception) with no reason. Seems this release using version 1.1 is more unstable than the previous version which uses ver. 1.0... :panic:

im really tired of changing bases dude. its torture. i m trying too hard but gta3 is just so stubborn to be modded. i will do whatever i can to make it more user friendly, but im not sure if can it be done.

4. I use 60iiiframelimiter.cs CLEO script, but no matter, on some moments my game get a lag and drops FPS. This maybe because of your textures, but I'm not sure.

huh, i never noticed that, maybe your hardware does effect the game after all.

5. Some cars are stuck and cannot be driven at all.

fixed.

What is the car explosion sound at the start of a new game?

I just tried your savegame and it seems it has some extra features. The safehouse has a pickup for upgrading the hut. Didn't have $200,000 so I used the money cheat. One thing that I think needs fixing is that saving a game should be by pickups. The upgraded house must be good but I can't explore it because when I reach a try to go further the game saves.

The garage is bigger and wider but it's almost impossible to put two cars in there and take them out without crashing.

The tank is white.

The Manana from "Dead Skunk in the Trunk" is roaming freely on the roads.

Why are there 2 versions of Manana, 2 door and 4 door?

From which game is the Hustler taken from?

the answer is "SNOW CITY", not me.

I also noticed many of the cars which were in the previous beta haven't been converted yet.

its beta 2.5, which is like a trailer to 3.0, as i said before, dont expect everything to be there guys.

Those are my save files.

Well you can use ThirteenAG's limit adjuster that comes with Project 2dfx (yes he gave permission :p), although you can't edit HUD colours with it.

i've tried that mod and it was making lights too hard, like they were so vivid and i dont like that at all. btw, you can achieve that vivid light effect with timecycle via editing "lightonground" segment.

there are 2 limit adjusters for gta3, and i could use them. but i really needed the hud, because people are just used to see the original one. but i think gta3 needs some changes on it's graphical aspect, and it needs to match other gta games aswell. what im doing is like restoring star wars ep 4 and matching it to the prequels.

Trick

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:54 PM Edited by 65536, 02 December 2013 - 10:42 PM.

Thanks for reply! If you think SnowMod modification causes most of bugs reported by me and by other users I'd suggest you: make and upload on GTAGarage version without SnowMod for testing and if it works well, i. e. without these bugs and all pickups appears and can be collected by Claude with no issues, just keep only it (I mean the one without Snowmod) and delete current release with SnowMod and just continue your project without it... That is all! Because I think the problem with impossible collecting money and especially weapons pickups (dropped by killed gangs and ones placed on the map) may cause issues for those playing game doing missions and make impossible to progress through storyline.

I hope this may is useful for you!  :r*:

Also you can upload your saves from post #523 on GTAGarage because they are currently the only ones compatible with your current version.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

@OmeXr -

Seriously, is there going to be anything done about the ridiculously shiny car reflections? They don't look very realistic (seeing as cars in real life are never shiny like that) and it ruins the original atmosphere.

Eddie
  • Eddie

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:11 PM

@OmeXr -

Seriously, is there going to be anything done about the ridiculously shiny car reflections? They don't look very realistic (seeing as cars in real life are never shiny like that) and it ruins the original atmosphere.

Thats true....cars are that shiny only if you wax them every second

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:24 PM Edited by lol232, 02 December 2013 - 11:28 PM.

Just because everything is shiny as plastic doesn't really mean it's realistic.
  • GTAKid667 likes this

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ps3 has no games

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:24 PM

From what I can see, they are ENB controlled. You can either tweak how reflective they are via enbseries.ini or you can remove any DirectX drivers from your game's directory.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:05 AM

I don't know why they're so shiny to begin with. If it's in order to make it more realistic, it failed miserably. I'd rather see III's original cars than those blindingly reflective abortions.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ps3 has no games

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:46 AM

I don't know why they're so shiny to begin with. If it's in order to make it more realistic, it failed miserably. I'd rather see III's original cars than those blindingly reflective abortions.

Many people prefer to have extremely reflective cars. It's OmeXr's mod, so he can do what he wants.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:56 AM

Many people prefer to have extremely reflective cars. It's OmeXr's mod, so he can do what he wants.

Never knew there was much demand for impossibly shiny cars then :/

g.JPG

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Champion Guinea Pig [GTAFMC]
    Most Annoying Member [All Time]
    Best Total Overhaul 2014 [GTA SA Beta Edition]
    Biggest Asskisser 2014
    Biggest Asskisser 2013

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:58 AM

Don't like the shiny cars? Change them yourself.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Politically incorrect.

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:33 AM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 03 December 2013 - 05:34 AM.

Those are my save files.

i've tried that mod and it was making lights too hard, like they were so vivid and i dont like that at all. btw, you can achieve that vivid light effect with timecycle via editing "lightonground" segment.

there are 2 limit adjusters for gta3, and i could use them. but i really needed the hud, because people are just used to see the original one. but i think gta3 needs some changes on it's graphical aspect, and it needs to match other gta games aswell. what im doing is like restoring star wars ep 4 and matching it to the prequels.

You can change the corona size in the 2dfx.ini. And the mod does nothing similar to what the Timecyc can do, the mod spawns in all coronas, not change the light on the ground.

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:35 AM

Thanks for reply! If you think SnowMod modification causes most of bugs reported by me and by other users I'd suggest you: make and upload on GTAGarage version without SnowMod for testing and if it works well, i. e. without these bugs and all pickups appears and can be collected by Claude with no issues, just keep only it (I mean the one without Snowmod) and delete current release with SnowMod and just continue your project without it... That is all! Because I think the problem with impossible collecting money and especially weapons pickups (dropped by killed gangs and ones placed on the map) may cause issues for those playing game doing missions and make impossible to progress through storyline.

I hope this may is useful for you!  :r*:

Also you can upload your saves from post #523 on GTAGarage because they are currently the only ones compatible with your current version.

it doesnt work like that.

Just because everything is shiny as plastic doesn't really mean it's realistic.

thanks.

From what I can see, they are ENB controlled. You can either tweak how reflective they are via enbseries.ini or you can remove any DirectX drivers from your game's directory.

thanks.

shift+f11, and your arcade gta3 is realistic again.

thank god.

Never knew there was much demand for impossibly shiny cars then :/

g.JPG

actually i like maximum reflection and chrome on cars.

Don't like the shiny cars? Change them yourself.

yea

Usman55
  • Usman55

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:40 AM

http://gtaforums.com...entry1064207993

@OmerX Some of my questions left unanswered. Please reread my post.

Thanks.

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:48 AM Edited by OmeXr, 03 December 2013 - 07:48 AM.

as i said, except for last question, they are all from snow city. they are not mine. thats why i answered with "snow city".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users