Photo

Anyone you felt sorry for killing?

81 replies to this topic
JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (junkpile @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 14:23)
QUOTE (cidamelo @ Monday, Dec 31 2012, 21:59)
Th3MaN1, actually you can call Roman after a lot of missions! It's like a easter egg in the game  tounge2.gif It's very fun, you should try! Niko knew Ray wasn't bad as him sounded!

<phonecall to Roman - optional>

Niko Roman, good to speak to you. I needed to talk to a friend.
Roman Why, what's wrong?
Niko I think it's my conscience. I don't know.
Roman Your conscience? Have you killed too many people, Niko?
Niko Perhaps. That man who I worked for, Ray Boccino. I was asked to kill
him and I did. He was a cockroach - a pest. But I don't know how long I
can keep on dealing in death.
Roman It must be difficult, Niko. Maybe there is another path to take. A less
violent one. I'll speak to you soon, okay?

Ray wasn't as bad as he was portrayed by many. I liked his character. He always gets called a rat, but he wasn't a rat...he had his ambitions to rise up and he may be an ass kisser to Pegorino, but he has been straight with Niko. He had also very good missions and even though Niko says his payment is sh*t, well, Ray actually pays you quite a lot and he finds Bernie for you. he is also concerned about how this Bernie-thing went down. Sometimes I think R* wasn't too sure about Ray's fate...sometimes I think there could have been a choice in pest control, between him and Phil, but R* might didn't hve anything bad on Phil. Maybe they wanted Phil to be screwing angie Pegorino, hell, who knows.

Actually, there originally was going to be a choice in Pest Control; Ray or Phil. But since Ray became the secondary antagonist of The Lost And Damned, they ended up making Ray the one to be killed.

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (JustRob @ Thursday, Jan 3 2013, 15:32)

Actually, there originally was going to be a choice in Pest Control; Ray or Phil. But since Ray became the secondary antagonist of The Lost And Damned, they ended up making Ray the one to be killed.

Yeah, ignoring Pest Control, Ray could have been a great antagonist in TLAD. The main antagonist.
Making TLAD much longer.

I mean, Billy gets out of jail, a few missions later he's back in the joint.
There should have been more missions. TLAD surely had a lot of potential to be a "whole GTA game", TBOGT, too btw.

I enjoy the mission "Was it worth it?!", like the cutscene, but after that, last mission. No Ray. Kill Billy. The end. No real mourning of Jim. The characters don't need to whine around the whole time, but his death just gets mentioned one time and Johnny makes a reference during the ride from prsion to the clubhouse.
Everything feels rushed.

Oh, back on topic, yeah, feeling also sorry for killing Jim!

Allen14n
  • Allen14n

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

I never got the option to spare Ivan due to a glitch when I was playing the mission. Ivan would just stop at one part of the platform instead of continuing to run away. He was just standing there, so I shot and killed him. I felt so bad afterward when I found that he could be spared.

AdvanceTrak RSC
  • AdvanceTrak RSC

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE (SniperBait57 @ Saturday, Sep 22 2012, 21:23)
um darko he would've had more pain alive than dead

agreed

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

junkpile I agree with you! Somehow people didn't like Ray, I think maybe it was his looks!! But he was good with Niko! And I think Phil Bell was the actual rat, he retires to a little city after the game and he is always sooo concerned about FBI!! And after all, cheat the boss is a big issue!! I liked Ray a lot, his voice acting by Joe Barbara is great! I would kill Phil Bell without a doubt, mainly because his mission Catch The Wave, I hate it sneaky2.gif
junkpile yes the game would be greater with more Ray! I liked Jim, but I hated his childish attitude of steal Ray!

junkpile
  • junkpile

• Members

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Friday, Jan 4 2013, 15:20)
junkpile I agree with you! Somehow people didn't like Ray, I think maybe it was his looks!! But he was good with Niko! And I think Phil Bell was the actual rat, he retires to a little city after the game and he is always sooo concerned about FBI!! And after all, cheat the boss is a big issue!! I liked Ray a lot, his voice acting by Joe Barbara is great! I would kill Phil Bell without a doubt, mainly because his mission Catch The Wave, I hate it sneaky2.gif
junkpile yes the game would be greater with more Ray! I liked Jim, but I hated his childish attitude of steal Ray!

Ray Boccino simply is a well designed character. I remember doing the first mission for him. You must know, I haven't noticed many people during the first playthrough so seeing him at the end of "harbouring a grudge" doesn't count for me. I specifically mean "A long way to fall".

I liked his mobster-italian-attitude, macho, cocky, a little too confident about his status...R* created a neat character indeed.
And I also do remember his missions...apart from "taking in the trash", they we're all great. Sure, out of Niko's view he has to "clean up", kill very many people while running the risk of getting killed himself.

But these missions were great:
"A long way to fall" - that Northwood ghettoish atmosphere, shootout up there, Teddy falling to death,..."Ted is dead." "Ted? Who is he? I'm sorry for your loss, Nicky." <- like this mission very much.

"Meltdown" - scripted but still nice car chase and shootout with Luca & his goons.

"Museum Piece" - 1/3 of the trinity, gotta love that mission.

"No way on the subway" - Even though you kill Jim, which I don't really like, I enjoy the chase and shootout.

"Late Checking out" - Shooting up the majestic hotel. Very nice mission, too.

Yeah well...about Phil, I would feel sorry for killing him since he is not such a bad guy, I mean, he never did you wrong...but also, he is strictly talking business all the time and there aren't too many character traits I can appreciate...just think about the cutscenes or his presence during "catch the wave" he is very much concerned about business. Phil mostly talks business and is paranoid.

Remember the conversation between Niko and Phil when Niko says "Maybe I'll need your help with something..." Phil is pissed for no reason...also I somehow could imagine R* might have planned something more...dunno, this Ray-Phil-Niko triangle could have been something else, something like PBX and Dwayne/Francis or Derrick.

Ray seems to only care about himself, too. But the moment Niko angrily said he needs him to find Bernie, Ray listened and also found him + was concerned about the outcome.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

junkpile yes, I had a good first impression of Ray too, but maybe that's because before I played the game a remembered an user saying 'Ray looked like Claude' tounge2.gif tounge2.gif I think he was a great character and the voice acting is also amazing! I liked even Taking in The Trash, I think it would be cool a side mission as a trashman tounge2.gif about the other missions:
A Long Way To Fall - I get a little scared in this mission because of the gritty building, but I love to throw a molotov at Teddy in the end devil.gif ahh and I love things Ray say after the missions lol.gif
Meltdown - Ahhh I hate Luca!! The mission is fun, I love the bathroom part and the chase lol.gif
Museum Piece - Is very cool, I love to break the museum, even thought I love museums in real life (I could only do that in GTA tounge2.gif ) The cutscene is great too!!
No way on the subway - Yess it is very fun to run in the subway, but I don't think it's so emotional for those who like Jim, because there's no Jim model, only a generic fat biker... You don't actually see "Jim" death tounge2.gif
Late Checkout - I don't know why but I just love missions taken in upscale hotels, doesn't matter what's the game!! I think this is my favorite, the visuals are great!!

Phil just irritates me!! Like in the mission Catch The Wave, the hardest in my opinion!! And I don't think Ray is wrong to only think about himself, he doesn't have friends or family, I guess it's his way of survival sad.gif

junkpile
  • junkpile

• Members

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Sunday, Jan 6 2013, 02:12)
junkpile yes, I had a good first impression of Ray too, but maybe that's because before I played the game a remembered an user saying 'Ray looked like Claude' tounge2.gif tounge2.gif I think he was a great character and the voice acting is also amazing! I liked even Taking in The Trash, I think it would be cool a side mission as a trashman tounge2.gif about the other missions:
A Long Way To Fall - I get a little scared in this mission because of the gritty building, but I love to throw a molotov at Teddy in the end devil.gif ahh and I love things Ray say after the missions lol.gif
Meltdown - Ahhh I hate Luca!! The mission is fun, I love the bathroom part and the chase lol.gif
Museum Piece - Is very cool, I love to break the museum, even thought I love museums in real life (I could only do that in GTA tounge2.gif ) The cutscene is great too!!
No way on the subway - Yess it is very fun to run in the subway, but I don't think it's so emotional for those who like Jim, because there's no Jim model, only a generic fat biker... You don't actually see "Jim" death tounge2.gif
Late Checkout - I don't know why but I just love missions taken in upscale hotels, doesn't matter what's the game!! I think this is my favorite, the visuals are great!!

Phil just irritates me!! Like in the mission Catch The Wave, the hardest in my opinion!! And I don't think Ray is wrong to only think about himself, he doesn't have friends or family, I guess it's his way of survival sad.gif

Very true. About Teddy: I also took Ray's saying literally! lol.gif
He says:"Somebody gets burned...so be it." And I throw a molotov at Teddy. happy.gif

Yes, I could have felt sorry about Jim, but in GTA IV I do not really, for reasons you have explained (character model + we don't know nothing about him).

In the beginning of "A long way to fall" I first thought of Tommy. I knew it was not Tommy and that the universes haven't crossed. But Ray Boccino surely is one of the best characters in GTA IV.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

junkpile yes even thought I didn't like when Jim stole Ray, he was a good guy and had a family, so yes, I feel sorry for him. I guess The Lost would be a lot happier if they were just bikers confused.gif

junkpile
  • junkpile

• Members

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Monday, Jan 7 2013, 23:26)
junkpile yes even thought I didn't like when Jim stole Ray, he was a good guy and had a family, so yes, I feel sorry for him. I guess The Lost would be a lot happier if they were just bikers confused.gif

Yes. But like Johnny says, they have to be smart and think about tomorrow...they can't just hang around. They need some income. But 1 million would have been a lot already!

Susiside_Mittens
  • Susiside_Mittens

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

Definitely pedestrians who are victioms to my poor driving! biggrin.gif

But storyline wise, Aiden O'Malley - I hated that you couldn't decide to not execute him - I felt so sad for him how happy he was to experience the fresh sea air again and then revealed that Derrick was in fact the rat but you still had to kill him anyway. Plus he looked like a sort of frail man so I felt sorry for him. I killed Derrick in the Blood Brothers mission because of it.

I was not happy about killing Ray Boccino either since he sort of introduced Niko to the other more important connections so it felt sort of ungrateful.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Master Of Puppets

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:42 AM

Not really, I spared everyone that can be spared in the game, and killed Francis and Playboy X and I selected revenge instead of deal, so no I don't regret by anything.

Dollarhide
  • Dollarhide

Original Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

In my first playthrough, I chose to kill Dwayne - I didn't feel no pity for him.
In my second playthrough. I chose to kill Playboy, to have a different experience. I truly felt bad after killing Playboy, even if I tried to make it as quick and painless as possible. Unlike Dwayne, Playboy was going to be somebody, he had dreams and goals.
Like Dwayne said in a phone, I also felt bad going to Playboy's house afterwards, it reminded me of him too much. I didn't save a single game there, only went there once for Claude's outfit and watch some LCD television.

I also didn't want to kill Jason Michaels and his brothers. It was for no good reason, plus I have always respected bikers. But later you get to kill Mikhail, so that makes up for it.

And I also felt bad for killing most of the guys Francis wanted killed, except for Clarence who you have to kill anyway if you spare him.

And I didn't want to kill Dimayev, the Russian guy that U.L. Paper wanted gone. Reading his emails, he seemed like an interesting guy.

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

The preacher outside the Bohan safehouse. biggrin.gif

Anyway, I kinda feel guilty for killing Playboy X, as he didn't really do anything to Niko, but I only killed him because he acted like an annoying c**t.

HackMan128
  • HackMan128

doggy

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:03 PM Edited by HackMan128, 10 July 2013 - 01:10 PM.

Players do not need to kill these cool characters, just f*ck this game and throw it by the window leave it on the shelf.

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

Playboy X

Seriously the guy is really cool. He has a cool jacket, smokes weed, listens to rap music, What more could you really ask for ? His a pretty chill dude as well. I guess he was kinda an asshole near the end..... but still I can't help but like the guy

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:29 PM Edited by Valenta, 11 July 2013 - 01:39 AM.

Nobody, to be honest.

MasterToothDecayer
  • MasterToothDecayer

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (MikeMyth @ Saturday, Sep 22 2012, 06:34)
No. Of course not, it is just a game.

Enjoy your lack of imagination. You will never enjoy fictional stories as much as the rest of us, I feel truly sorry for you.

Rjeev142
  • Rjeev142

Snitches get stitches

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:50 AM

I really didn't mind killing Jim in GTA IV because he wasn't the same Jim as in TLAD.

just look

In TLAD:
user posted image

In GTA IV:
user posted image

In TLAD Jim was an awesome character, but in IV, he just felt like some fat old prick.

waxmuppet
  • waxmuppet

Commander of Los Santos Police Department

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

Dwayne for sure. I started the game again and killed playboy and it felt great. Dwayne is a humble guy.

Bull12345Bull
  • Bull12345Bull

Active member since 10/10/2012.

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

I deeply regret killing Dwayne on my first playthrough... I wasn't able to follow the story properly the first time (my English wasn't that good at that point, too), and when I understood the story better, I never killed him again, in the other 11 playthroughs I made.

Ezhik
  • Ezhik

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

Faustin (still a bastard, but better than that rat Dimitri) and Goldberg.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users