Photo

Anyone you felt sorry for killing?

81 replies to this topic
MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

Livin' It Up At The Hotel California

• Members

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (thegtaman531 @ Saturday, Sep 22 2012, 04:22)
Sorry for making so many topics, but this forum is rather addicting smile.gif
Was there anybody in GTA IV that you didn't want to kill or felt sorry for killing? It can be a ped or a character from the story.
For me id have to say Ray. Until the mission "Was it worth it" in TLAD. Poor Jim.
But before that, i quite liked ray. not the best character, but not a character you'd be happy with killing. But at the same time, i was kinda glad to kill him, because when pegorino was deciding who to kill, i didn't want him to choose Phil, I liked him much more. One of my favorite characters from the game.
Also Aiden from Tunnel of Death, i guess. He just seemed so happy to be free.

I never felt sorry before but I found a somewhat rare comment made by a cop. I had a shootout with the police and a guy stepped out of the passenger seat, while his partner was in the driver's seat. While they got out I shot the guy who stepped out of the passenger seat (he died of course) his partner looked at him and said in a sad voice: "C'mon man, you're okay, come back to me!"

Alderney_Broker
  • Alderney_Broker

Alderney_Broker

• Members

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

Only the first time i completed the game, i killed Dwayne. Playboy X doesn't have the same "good friend " feeling , plus he is a total *insert word here* .... So Only the once when i killed Dwayne.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Seeking and Destroying since 1997...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (albanyave @ Sunday, Sep 30 2012, 06:25)
Faustin

It felt like an order with no real reason.

This. I loved Faustin. He brought a bit of joy and excitedness to my least favourite part of the game (anything before Master and the Molotov is boring IMO). I didn't want to kill him. As you said, it felt like an order from Dimitri rather than a personal choice, which is something I really want in GTA, being able to connect with the protagonist that is. smile.gif

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

On my second playthrough I decided to kill Ivan because I hadn't killed him on my first. For a couple minutes afterwards I had a sinking feeling in my heart, and I felt really bad.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

Derrick McReary

GratuitousViolets
  • GratuitousViolets

Numpty

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

I can't bring myself to kill Dwayne, he's too much like Niko in a sense (especially Niko much later in the game). I didn't feel sorry for killing Faustin initially, but once you realise Dmitri was the real villain you start to realise how easily misguided Niko can be. I never felt sorry for killing Francis, he was an opportunist who only wanted to get ahead. I did feel sorry for his family though (the mother, etc). I also regretted killing Ray, as he also didn't seem to deserve it almost (although I guess there were reasons he ultimately had to go).

Mpower
  • Mpower

OJ

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

Faustin and ray, but I had fun killing playboy X

I always wanted to kill that bitch elizabeta after what she did to manny and his friend

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

To Johnny, Jim was one of his closest, most trusted friends and he held a great deal of respect for him. The day he found out he died was on of the most important days of his life, almost reducing him to tears.

But to Niko, he was just another nameless kill in a long list of nameless kills.

Kind of makes you think. Don't you think those random fools you're tasked to kill all throughout IV have family and friends who'll miss them and mean a lot to, like Jim?

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

Mikhail Faustin.

Dimitri made me kill him then betrayed me. Stupid cock.

Dr. Robotnik
  • Dr. Robotnik

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

Goldberg. He was really decent to Niko in the interview, and I hated how smarmy Francis acted when he got the news. Part of the reason I felt vindicated killing him later on.

Faustin, on the other hand, not one bit. The guy's a complete ass. Even his widow admits the world's better off without him.

roman bellics brain
  • roman bellics brain

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:10 AM Edited by roman bellics brain, 18 December 2012 - 08:15 AM.

Playboy X. Yes he was a dick that delt drugs that most likely killed people. However the guy was positive as hell and that's rare in liberty city. Was he a bit delusional but he loved life.

It's a hard choice to make knowing what we know now. Do you kill a drug dealer who seems like a happy guy and enjoys life ? Or do you kill the depressed guy who hates life but chances are he wont be dealing drugs that kill people ect.

It's a hard choice and i just wish rockstar weren't so biased towards dwayne. It would of been alot better if the reward was split 50/50.

If you kill dwayne all you get is money that you can't use. If you kill playboy x you get a never ending list of rewards. It's b.s why even make it a choice if you're going to be so biased ?

Dr. Robotnik
  • Dr. Robotnik

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Monday, Dec 17 2012, 20:37)
To Johnny, Jim was one of his closest, most trusted friends and he held a great deal of respect for him. The day he found out he died was on of the most important days of his life, almost reducing him to tears.

But to Niko, he was just another nameless kill in a long list of nameless kills.

Kind of makes you think. Don't you think those random fools you're tasked to kill all throughout IV have family and friends who'll miss them and mean a lot to, like Jim?

Probably, but I don't give a sh*t. They either knew what they signed on for, or they're pretty f*cking stupid. And I have a really hard time equating the bald, bearded white guy who belched, "SHIIIT, DAT'S DA COCKSUCKA JOHNNY RIPPED OFF FOR DA DIAMOND LOOT!" with the relatively peaceful and approachable guy of indeterminate ethnic origin (and that apparently is who Jim is supposed to be; the other biker was scripted to have been killed by the subway, thus his body being reported as unidentifiable). Talk about a retcon.

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (Linki @ Tuesday, Sep 25 2012, 09:42)
Aiden.
Faustin,

These two.

The deal with Aiden was really messed up. Considering Derrick was the one who ratted him out.
And Faustin,...well that choleric asshole was loyal to you. Unlike Dimitri.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Ray Boccino!! He was the best character for me! Pegorino is an idiot!!! He is an incompetent who blamed Ray for everything! Even Niko feels bad in killing Ray... sad.gif

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 20:18)
Ray Boccino!! He was the best character for me! Pegorino is an idiot!!! He is an incompetent who blamed Ray for everything! Even Niko feels bad in killing Ray... sad.gif

I respect your opinion but Niko didn't give two sh*ts for Ray.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

Th3MaN1, yes, through the game Niko seemed to hate Ray, even thought Ray was friendly towards Niko... but if Niko call Roman after "Pest Control", he feels bad for killing him

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 20:22)
Th3MaN1, yes, through the game Niko seemed to hate Ray, even thought Ray was friendly towards Niko... but if Niko call Roman after "Pest Control", he feels bad for killing him

I gotta search into that.

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

Having played TLAD quite a lot, I have to say Jason and Jim. They were part of Johnny's family and no personal enemies of Niko. Especially Jason's death feels bad because he was only killed due to being in a relationship with Faustin's daughter. sad.gif

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (Carbonox @ Sunday, Dec 30 2012, 21:03)
Having played TLAD quite a lot, I have to say Jason and Jim. They were part of Johnny's family and no personal enemies of Niko. Especially Jason's death feels bad because he was only killed due to being in a relationship with Faustin's daughter. sad.gif

To me Jason wasn't really someone who I cared about. But Jim was a better character, that stuck into my mind.

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

I hated Jason, he was a crude asshole.

dangr
  • dangr

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

I felt bad for NOT killing Ivan Bytchkov after hearing from Gravelli that he was dealing drugs with the Ancelottis after I spared him!

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (Th3MaN1 @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 18:49)

It is true. I remember this clearly. Niko felt sorry for killing Faustin and Ray.

Faustin because dimitri betrayed him and Faustin was loyal to niko, while Ray because Ray was loyal although they were pretty hard headed with each other.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Monday, Dec 31 2012, 02:46)
QUOTE (Th3MaN1 @ Saturday, Dec 29 2012, 18:49)

It is true. I remember this clearly. Niko felt sorry for killing Faustin and Ray.

Faustin because dimitri betrayed him and Faustin was loyal to niko, while Ray because Ray was loyal although they were pretty hard headed with each other.

About Faustin, I was sure that Niko didn't really want to kill him, but I never knew about the phone call where Niko admits he liked Ray.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

Th3MaN1, actually you can call Roman after a lot of missions! It's like a easter egg in the game tounge2.gif It's very fun, you should try! Niko knew Ray wasn't bad as him sounded!

Handsome Vulpine
  • Handsome Vulpine

The Unique Enigma

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

I kinda feel sorry for killing Petrovic's son in "Final Destination"...coz, y'know, you can tell it's a bad idea even before you do it.

QUOTE (roman bellic's brain)
If you kill dwayne all you get is money that you can't use. If you kill playboy x you get a never ending list of rewards. It's b.s why even make it a choice if you're going to be so biased ?

Yeah that choice does feel really biased...Playboy don't wanna even have anything to do with you if you kill Dwayne...

JRC99
  • JRC99

Head of the Road Rashers MC

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

I HATED killing Goldberg. He seemed like such a nice guy. Which is one of the reasons I loved killing Francis.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

Yes, Goldberg death was sad!! A so good guy!! Niko was very reckless to kill him!

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:58 AM

I really felt sorry for killing Mikhail Faustin. He never tried to kill Niko, rather, he saved Niko's life when Dimitri wanted him and Roman dead after they killed Vlad. It's just sad that you have to kill him, especially when Dimitri betrays you and you remember that Faustin warned you for this.

Also Playboy X. He dealt drugs, sure, but he was planning to get a legitimate career. He was a good guy. But when he asks you to kill Dwayne you really have little other choice then to end him.

I never felt sorry for killing Jim, not even after TLAD. He knew what he was doing and he was a dumb bastard to try and steal money off an italian mob boss. The guy got his face nearly burned off with a blowtorch, and still decided it was a good idea to keep f*cking around. He got what was coming to him.

Oh I also kinda felt sorry for killing Ivan on my first playthrough. I spared him the second time and I'm glad I did.

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Monday, Dec 31 2012, 21:59)
Th3MaN1, actually you can call Roman after a lot of missions! It's like a easter egg in the game  tounge2.gif It's very fun, you should try! Niko knew Ray wasn't bad as him sounded!

<phonecall to Roman - optional>

Niko Roman, good to speak to you. I needed to talk to a friend.
Roman Why, what's wrong?
Niko I think it's my conscience. I don't know.
Roman Your conscience? Have you killed too many people, Niko?
Niko Perhaps. That man who I worked for, Ray Boccino. I was asked to kill
him and I did. He was a cockroach - a pest. But I don't know how long I
can keep on dealing in death.
Roman It must be difficult, Niko. Maybe there is another path to take. A less
violent one. I'll speak to you soon, okay?

Ray wasn't as bad as he was portrayed by many. I liked his character. He always gets called a rat, but he wasn't a rat...he had his ambitions to rise up and he may be an ass kisser to Pegorino, but he has been straight with Niko. He had also very good missions and even though Niko says his payment is sh*t, well, Ray actually pays you quite a lot and he finds Bernie for you. he is also concerned about how this Bernie-thing went down. Sometimes I think R* wasn't too sure about Ray's fate...sometimes I think there could have been a choice in pest control, between him and Phil, but R* might didn't hve anything bad on Phil. Maybe they wanted Phil to be screwing angie Pegorino, hell, who knows.

I HATED killing Goldberg. He seemed like such a nice guy. Which is one of the reasons I loved killing Francis.

I actually like killing that asshole. Apart from the implied message that goldberg is pedophilic, you just gotta listen to his interview...his monologue. He is abusing his position just as bad as Francis.

bluetops
  • bluetops

Chupacabra

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Dwayne. My first playthrough of GTA IV, I killed him. Then I read his e-mail saying he wants to hang out after I killed him. I was totally speechless at that moment. I regret that. Then on my 2nd playthrough I killed Playboy X biggrin.gif

Cherise too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users