Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

If you can help with that, I can make compatibility with iOS smile.gif

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

I want to do some beta tests of my mod, because I heard, that my mod works only for me biggrin.gif
Who's interested?

countergame
  • countergame

Hmm, nice bike!

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

I have a iPhone 4 and iPad 2. Should be good enough to test this mod.

_Tommy_Vercetti
  • _Tommy_Vercetti

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

I would be willing to test it, but i just don't fell about doing it. Every tile i tried to mod gta 3 on iOs it crashed, even reinserting back the original files. I had to download it back and Start a new game. Now i have achieved 100% completition so...

Pawbrotm
  • Pawbrotm

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:42 AM

I am also interested in testing this mod. I have a Galaxy Nexus.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

I have an iPad 3 and an iPhone 3GS, happy to test it.

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (bammargera @ Thursday, Oct 4 2012, 19:05)
I have an iPad 3 and an iPhone 3GS, happy to test it.

How did you get GTA3 to work on a 3GS?

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

It works fine, even quicker after tweaking the dat file! fps is probably around 20-25 but still not bad.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

I would love to test this, but I only have the iPod 4 or so (4th generation, which does not support GTA3)

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

Welcome in Downtown smile.gif
user posted image

_Tommy_Vercetti
  • _Tommy_Vercetti

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

I think i know how you could solve the problem of getting the whole vc map fit in, you could just put it horizontally.

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (_Tommy_Vercetti @ Thursday, Oct 4 2012, 22:30)
I think i know how you could solve the problem of getting the whole vc map fit in, you could just put it horizontally.

This is not so easy as you may think.

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

If you can see, the downtown is in very top of III map (further than III mountains) and I don't have invisible wall, so it's good thing smile.gif
user posted image
PS.
user posted imageCi z Polski niech nie patrzą na Połdniowe Kaptury, ktoś walnął się w tłumaczeniu i mamy błąd ortograficzny biggrin.gif

_Tommy_Vercetti
  • _Tommy_Vercetti

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Thursday, Oct 4 2012, 20:39)
If you can see, the downtown is in very top of III map (further than III mountains) and I don't have invisible wall, so it's good thing smile.gif
user posted image

No invisibile walls? Well, that's not correct. You haven't run into them because they are at a certain height (on the shoreside vale hilltop). This isn't a problem as long as including helicopters isn't in your plans.

_Tommy_Vercetti
  • _Tommy_Vercetti

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:08 PM Edited by _Tommy_Vercetti, 05 October 2012 - 05:34 AM.

Very nice screen!

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (_Tommy_Vercetti @ Thursday, Oct 4 2012, 20:42)
QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Thursday, Oct 4 2012, 20:39)
user posted image

No invisibile walls? Well, that's not correct. You haven't run into them because they are at a certain height (on the shoreside vale hilltop). This isn't a problem as long as including helicopters isn't in your plans.

Thats just a collision that goes with the LC map. The actual bound which turns your vehicle around, VC can fit in.

_Tommy_Vercetti
  • _Tommy_Vercetti

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:35 AM

Is it possibile to import dff and txd files from VC into III or does the game crash?

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:58 AM

Without converting them? Impossible. DFF and TXD must be in GTA3 format.
I need script to 3D Max, which can speed up my progress. I'm talking with someone, maybe he could help.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

Guys, i joined the team about 5 days ago but i have been offline since then. I'm back now and got an IPhone 3GS while i was gone, i can develop+test+port the mod onto that too. smile.gif Rob, could you send me your .set file? If not then i'll mod .set my self.
The file+folder structure is different on the iphone version, unlike the android+pc+ps2+xbox, the iphone version has no folders. Every file is in one folder and even though the gta3.dat references the map files in folders like data/maps/industnw/ etc. the game still reads the same files without them being inside the non-existent folders. In the past i've had a broken uvmapping bug on dff models that i've exported to mobileIII but (from the tests i've done it seems like) i've found a way to fix it. So if that bug appears on VCmobile then it's fixable.
The first thing i'm going to do for the mod is to mapclean the iphone version, then once that's done i'll start porting the map over and probably connect as many objects together as possible because tbh i doubt if it's possible to add all of VC due to III's small ide limit and due to the game not allowing to replace certain original ide lines. There is no hardcoded wall in the north of LC, it's in the models col mesh afaik and that is editable+removable. icon14.gif

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

[quote=Frank.s]n the past i've had a broken uvmapping bug on dff models that i've exported to mobileIII but (from the tests i've done it seems like) i've found a way to fix it. So if that bug appears on VCmobile then it's fixable.[/quote]
Yes, it's fixable, I found the way too.
[quote=frank.s]The first thing i'm going to do for the mod is to mapclean the iphone version[/quote]
You can find on DropBox a zip called IIImapcleaned. Try this.
[quote=then once that's done i'll start porting the map over and probably connect as many objects together as possible because tbh i doubt if it's possible to add all of VC due to III's small ide limit and due to the game not allowing to replace certain original ide lines.[/quote]
Maybe not, I'm not converting LOD objects, because they don't work (IDK why), so we have a lot of free ID/

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:15 AM

Nice. What method did you use to fix it? My method is edit the uvw-mapping to set the uvw coords smaller.

You can find on DropBox a zip called IIImapcleaned. Try this.
Ok, i'll take a look at the .zip in the DB. smile.gif Also, i've mapcleaned plenty of different versions of gta3 and helped other people map clean gtaiii before, some of my old files might be in that zip too. lol.gif

I'm not converting LOD objects, because they don't work (IDK why)
I've seen that bug happen before while mapcleaning. Afaik it's due to cullzone.dat being edited. I think it's caused by cullzone because when i used a blank cullzone.dat on a normal gta3 map it removes textures from lod's.

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Friday, Oct 5 2012, 11:15)
I'm not converting LOD objects, because they don't work (IDK why)
I've seen that bug happen before while mapcleaning. Afaik it's due to cullzone.dat being edited. I think it's caused by cullzone because when i used a blank cullzone.dat on a normal gta3 map it removes textures from lod's.

Maybe in other words: LOD works, but their models are white. I had properly converted textures, linked in IDE but this happens on PC and mobile devices too.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Friday, Oct 5 2012, 09:44)
Maybe in other words: LOD works, but their models are white. I had properly converted textures, linked in IDE but this happens on PC and mobile devices too.
Thats the exact bug i was describing. It is caused by the cullzone being edited.

Also you never answered my question.
QUOTE (Citypoke)
QUOTE (Frank)
UV mapping bug.
Nice. What method did you use to fix it? My method is edit the uvw-mapping to set the uvw coords smaller.

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

I need to check every material and move it in Unwrap UWV in this place:
user posted image

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:57 AM

Ah yeah, thats the same as what i do.

There is a cullzone editor so maybe we can fix the texture white lod problem. smile.gif

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

If this program exists, it's great info smile.gif
Check IIImapcleaned.zip, it should remove a map for iOS.

_Tommy_Vercetti
  • _Tommy_Vercetti

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Friday, Oct 5 2012, 08:59)
Maybe not, I'm not converting LOD objects, because they don't work (IDK why), so we have a lot of free ID/

So we will have a vice city that looks like liberty in the distance?

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:53 PM Edited by Frank.s, 05 October 2012 - 01:30 PM.

No, the whole game will look like Vice City. smile.gif

Edit: Lol, Citypoke told me to check a map cleaned .zip file for gtaiii on our dropbox, and it turned out to be a GTAIII map-cleaner .zip that i made months ago. It even has the island on it that i modeled to prevent bugs. xD I wonder the journey that that zip took to get all the way back to me. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

_Tommy_Vercetti
  • _Tommy_Vercetti

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Friday, Oct 5 2012, 12:53)

Edit: Lol, Citypoke told me to check a map cleaned .zip file for gtaiii on our dropbox, and it turned out to be a GTAIII map-cleaner .zip that i made months ago. It even has the island on it that i modeled to prevent bugs. xD I wonder the journey that that zip took to get all the way back to me. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

But if the LODs aren't working... how is that possible?

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (_Tommy_Vercetti @ Friday, Oct 5 2012, 16:21)
QUOTE (Frank.s @ Friday, Oct 5 2012, 12:53)

But if the LODs aren't working... how is that possible?

There are no lods, so even in the distance the 'high detail' objects are loaded.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users