[III | WIP] Grand Theft Auto Vice City Mobile

333 replies to this topic
_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

A port of GTA:LC to the new VC mobile does sound like a promising idea. Would be nice to have bikes back in LC on my phone!

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

But most of the scripting features GTA: LC ships would be barely possible to port.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Monday, Nov 26 2012, 22:32)
But most of the scripting features GTA: LC ships would be barely possible to port.

It would lack a few features I'm sure like:
-Higher aircraft height limit (but I have a file that goes in the mss folder that increases the height limit. That might work. Doesn't require exe)
-Debug.scm (would have to go into iFile and switch around the main.scm and the debug.scm)
-Independent save directory (good thing VC most likely will have a main menu where you can load your save or start new, like III did)
-What ever other exe hacks they did

GTA LC should be possible to port to mobile. I think it will be a lot of work though, and it may lack features.

Claude Liberty
  • Claude Liberty

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:46 AM

I guess maps, vehs, radios and other copy-pasteable content should be enough.

JJ son
  • JJ son

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

cry.gif problem appears! Files cause crash/freeze:
1.Android/data/com.rockstar.gta3ger/files/gta3/data/(gta3.dat)
2.Android/data/com.rockstar.gta3ger/files/gta3/models(gta3_pvr.dir AND gta3_pvr.img)
3.I do not know where to put the map folder(models/maps) because it has a lot of txd inside airport.rar and downtow so i don not know if i should just add it into files/gta3/models OR replace it with img tool mercie_blink.gif
4. without the gta3.dat, gta3_pvr.dir and gta3_pvr.img I just keep falling into the water suicidal.gif
(I took a long day to try see what makes the game crash notify.gif )

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

Don't look at models\maps folder. It is extracted vc.img file.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

@CP: If someone can figure out how to make a limit adjuster for VCM, San Andreas can be ported to mobile. Are you thinking of looking into that?

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

Yes, I thought about porting LS map into VC 10th Anni.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Friday, Nov 30 2012, 22:16)

I mean whole SA, but if the bounds can't be hacked than yes, LS would be good.

So it looks right though you should have the SF and LV lods and put up the barriers so its like at the beginning of SA. I think it would make the most sense as land can't just disappear like that. With out hacking the limits VC still lets you place stuff outside its bounds but you can't reach it.

Mega
  • Mega

''This is Head Radio, A Love Media Station.''

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Friday, Nov 30 2012, 19:47)

So it looks right though you should have the SF and LV lods and put up the barriers so its like at the beginning of SA. I think it would make the most sense as land can't just disappear like that. With out hacking the limits VC still lets you place stuff outside its bounds but you can't reach it.

Another way to block would be broken bridges just like in III (lol)

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (MegaMario1500 @ Saturday, Dec 1 2012, 00:06)

Well road blocks was the way it was done in original San Andreas.

Mega
  • Mega

''This is Head Radio, A Love Media Station.''

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Friday, Nov 30 2012, 21:52)

The problem would be helicopters and boats...

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:05 AM Edited by nkjellman, 01 December 2012 - 04:16 AM.

QUOTE (MegaMario1500 @ Saturday, Dec 1 2012, 00:57)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Friday, Nov 30 2012, 21:52)

The problem would be helicopters and boats...

Aircraft would slow to a halt or magically turn around like in GTA III, VC, LCS, VCS, and CTW. Their would just be stuff there. I bet that LS, and the country side north of it could fit in that goes all the way up to LV. (All the area that is unlocked at the beginning of the game.)

However I'm sure that if the map bounds are hacked, the entire San Andreas can be ported. Object limit would help too so the developers don't have to combine objects to save up ID's. But LS and the surrounding country side should fit in VC's map bounds.

But more importantly all the hacks the SOL team found would need to be ported for the full San Andreas functionality.
-Map bounds
-Object ID limit and col limit
-Paths outside the map bounds
-Radar outside map bounds
-Moddable water.dat outside map bounds.
-Visible water out of map bounds
-Height limit for aircraft because the VC default 80 unit high height limit is terrible, and even in 2002 they could of done better. (Seriously, a few extra polys on the buildings for the missing rooftops, higher quality blimp, and the height limit value at a higher number and your all set. Rockstar was just lazy and the PS2, Xbox, and PC's at the time could of handled it.

MERCYOVTHEDEVIL
  • MERCYOVTHEDEVIL

Makaveli Trained

• Members

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

Now if San Andreas was to be ported through VC on mobile.. o.O

That would raise some eyebrows... wink.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:52 AM Edited by nkjellman, 01 December 2012 - 07:57 AM.

QUOTE (MERCYOVTHEDEVIL @ Saturday, Dec 1 2012, 06:45)
Now if San Andreas was to be ported through VC on mobile.. o.O

That would raise some eyebrows... wink.gif

Just got to hack them bounds on Android and IOS.

However you might have to reconvert it. Might not work for an odd reason like VC to III. However I believe that VC mobile will be better optimized than III mobile.

As for radio stations, SA has two more radio stations than VC does. VC uses a looping single audio file. So I'm sure the MP3 files for the IV SA radio stations will be useful there. As for the two radio stations, I say drop the crappy radio stations. The radio stations with the sh*t music that no one listens to.

Radio stations that I'm sure we all can agree must stay.
-Playback FM
-KDST
-Radio Los Santos
-Radio X
-WCTR

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

The Radio mixes I made ages ago for IV: SA are MP3, I'm not totally happy with them now, but they do work with Vice City.

Also, you can't have San Andreas without SF-UR and CSR, san fiero wouldn't feel right without them. tounge.gif

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Saturday, Dec 1 2012, 08:52)
Just got to hack them bounds on Android and IOS.

Yeah, but who want to help in this issue?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Saturday, Dec 1 2012, 12:58)
The Radio mixes I made ages ago for IV: SA are MP3, I'm not totally happy with them now, but they do work with Vice City.

Also, you can't have San Andreas without SF-UR and CSR, san fiero wouldn't feel right without them. tounge.gif

Those two will fit on my list.
As much as I hate country, K-Rose would fit because of the country side.

@ CP: I have this feeling the SOL team will do it.. They were talking about doing SOL mobile.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

CP, what device you got?

I'm thinking about ordering a Google Nexus 7 tomorrow, and I will be interested in modding gta3 and vice city. Maybe we could team up and do something cool.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:15 AM Edited by nkjellman, 02 December 2012 - 05:17 AM.

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Sunday, Dec 2 2012, 04:33)
CP, what device you got?

I'm thinking about ordering a Google Nexus 7 tomorrow, and I will be interested in modding gta3 and vice city. Maybe we could team up and do something cool.

Count me in too. lol. We could team up with the SOL team as I think they said their looking into doing stuff with the mobile version. I'm on an IOS device. iPod Touch 4g. Is the Google Nexus 7 an Android OS device?

VC is going to be a lot more fun to mod than 3 was for many reasons.
-VC had more content than 3.
-More mods to port.
-VC is the most cracked GTA. (Most stuff you can do with modding.)

But note, you won't be able to port VCHD to VC mobile. It will lag. Xbox cars made my GTA III unstable because they used too much memory. (VC could be better optimized though.) Unless they released VC on the PS Vita and you could get at the files and mod them then you could have VCHD on the go. I'm sure you already know this though. I'm just saying because I think it may annoy you when you have to downgrade your model quality to lower poly models for VC.

However I think I might know how to mod VC on Xbox 360 via flash drive/transfer cable. I remember finding a main.scm and a gta3.img laying around on my HD, and I didn't just put them there. I don't know which GTA put them there, but I'm gonna see what I can do with them.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:28 AM Edited by Blaster_nl, 02 December 2012 - 12:23 PM.

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Dec 2 2012, 07:15)
QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Sunday, Dec 2 2012, 04:33)
CP, what device you got?

Count me in too. lol. We could team up with the SOL team as I think they said their looking into doing stuff with the mobile version. I'm on an IOS device. iPod Touch 4g. Is the Google Nexus 7 an Android OS device?

VC is going to be a lot more fun to mod than 3 was for many reasons.
-VC had more content than 3.
-More mods to port.
-VC is the most cracked GTA. (Most stuff you can do with modding.)

But note, you won't be able to port VCHD to VC mobile. It will lag. Xbox cars made my GTA III unstable because they used too much memory. (VC could be better optimized though.) Unless they released VC on the PS Vita and you could get at the files and mod them then you could have VCHD on the go. I'm sure you already know this though. I'm just saying because I think it may annoy you when you have to downgrade your model quality to lower poly models for VC.

However I think I might know how to mod VC on Xbox 360 via flash drive/transfer cable. I remember finding a main.scm and a gta3.img laying around on my HD, and I didn't just put them there. I don't know which GTA put them there, but I'm gonna see what I can do with them.

Wow nk you always get so far ahead of things. tounge.gif

I actually think there could be a lot of interest in modding tablet\mobile games.

I have a iPod touch 4gen as well. It's horrible lol, the fps isn't steady, I think it drops down below 20fps. Sometimes i'm just driving on LODs. Also the screen is so small for a GTA, it just isn't fun to play.

Android is from google, so yes.

EDIT: K, not wasting time.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:53 AM Edited by nkjellman, 02 December 2012 - 06:00 AM.

Well okay then. I'm probably going to get a 5th Gen for Christmas. I'm sticking with Apple for mobile/tablets because I don't want to rebuild up my library of apps and other various things I have purchased. I had an iPod Touch 1g before the 4g. I got it when the iPhone/iPod thing started, which was before Android was even started. At least the iOS devices are not as bad of a scam as the Mac is when you compare it to PC.

But I think their is something wrong with your iPod Touch 4th Generation, or an issue with GTA 3 it self. I have smooth FPS on mine, and I even modded the gta3.set to enable all the visual effects that are disabled in the default version. I also raised my resolution to match my retina display. I hope you didn't update it to IOS 6. If you did, that is probably your problem.

And for your information, modding Vita and Xbox is not a waste of time. Hope you didn't think I wanted to get my original Xbox out and mod on it. I was talking about Xbox 360 backwards compatibility. Also modding on GTA IV MP on Xbox 360 is actually a lot of fun. I'm not a dick to other players but its very funny when you hear the people's reactions when your map spawning like on the PC. People don't expect to run into that on Xbox 360. The reactions are better on the Xbox version because people don't know anything about modding like they do on PC. Maybe we could play IV on Xbox sometime. Its entertaining to listen to.

Edit: But yes, I'm sure there would be much interest in mobile modding. The San Andreas idea is something worth looking into. SA mobile isn't coming out until 2014, or maybe even never. But I'm sure it will be done. But I wonder what will be done about LCS and VCS. Their 10th Anniversary might mean a mobile/tablet port along with a PC port.

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Sunday, Dec 2 2012, 05:33)
CP, what device you got?

Sony Xperia Neo V, the same hardware as Xperia Play.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Sunday, Dec 2 2012, 10:54)
QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Sunday, Dec 2 2012, 05:33)
CP, what device you got?

Sony Xperia Neo V, the same hardware as Xperia Play.

Ok cool, I have a Nokia Lumia 800, Windows Phone, so I can't play gta on them. I will order the nexus 7 today. Anything special I need to do to play modded games?

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

SD card to download game files and that's all. You have free access to files.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Sunday, Dec 2 2012, 15:15)
SD card to download game files and that's all. You have free access to files.

Ah ok, Nexus 7 doesn't have a SD slot, but 16gb internal. Also you can hook up any external hard disk\flash memory through USB. It should work.

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

If VC for mobile devices will have 1,5GB, your internal memory should be enough to install VC.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Sunday, Dec 2 2012, 15:54)
If VC for mobile devices will have 1,5GB, your internal memory should be enough to install VC.

It was 1.5gb on pc, most of it was occupied by audio, which can easily by reduced for smaller devices. I expect it to be similar to GTA3.

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

Only 3 days to release VC for mobile devices. I can't wait!

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Sunday, Dec 2 2012, 16:14)
Only 3 days to release VC for mobile devices. I can't wait!

I will mod gta3 tomorrow, get myself familiar with the software and structure.

EDIT: You have skype CP?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users