[III | WIP] Grand Theft Auto Vice City Mobile

333 replies to this topic
_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:34 AM Edited by City_Poke912, 25 November 2012 - 02:14 PM.

user posted image
Welcome, this topic is about exploring the hot 80's Vice City on mobile devices.
Our goal is to convert the map, weapons, cars (and maybe later) missions. I hope that interest about this mod will be big smile.gif

Team:
- CP - mod leader, map converting
- nkjellman - tester
- countergame - tester

Screens:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Modification is closed due to R* plans about VC on mobiles.
  • pogo_01 likes this

GTAGAME ☑
  • GTAGAME ☑

(countergame)

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:35 AM Edited by countergame, 09 July 2014 - 07:11 PM.

Awesome! I always thought it doesn't work! Nice :-)

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

Very nice project. icon14.gif I wonder if you'll complete it before R* attempts to release a mobile version of VC. tounge.gif

GTAGAME ☑
  • GTAGAME ☑

(countergame)

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Saturday, Sep 22 2012, 11:41)
Very nice project. icon14.gif I wonder if you'll complete it before R* attempts to release a mobile version of VC. tounge.gif

I think they're are not going to release a mobile version of VC. dozingoff.gif

ufide24
  • ufide24

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

ı like this icon14.gif

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (countergame @ Saturday, Sep 22 2012, 11:42)

I thought they would, since VC's 10th anniversary is near. Why? well they did it for III. tounge.gif

GTAGAME ☑
  • GTAGAME ☑

(countergame)

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Saturday, Sep 22 2012, 11:53)

I thought they would, since VC's 10th anniversary is near. Why? well they did it for III. tounge.gif

Sure, but GTA III was something special. First 3D GTA Game ever ^^

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (countergame @ Saturday, Sep 22 2012, 14:39)
QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Saturday, Sep 22 2012, 11:53)

Sure, but GTA III was something special. First 3D GTA Game ever ^^

While 'first 3d gta game ever' sounds like a stupid argument, I actually think it's true.

I don't think R* wants to be that company that ports every game to mobile. After GTA3 and MP I think they will lay low for a while in the mobile platforns. Else it would also mean SA has to come to it, and eventually the stories games.

Plus I think they can't be arsed now, GTAV marketing campaign can't be too far anymore. (IF release is spring 2013).

ItsAllAboutGTA
  • ItsAllAboutGTA

Blessed

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

This is a nice project but,i wonder,how will it ride a heli or drive a rhino ? since GTA III doesn't allow us to ride a heli either drive the rhino

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

I need help with:
- SCM coding
- VC HUD
- hacking map limits.

tommzy2
  • tommzy2

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:38 PM Edited by tommzy2, 22 September 2012 - 02:42 PM.

start making mod, finish escobar international airport, Vice City Announced for iOS. biggrin.gif

well they sorta need to do port VC to iOS. If anything VC is the game that everyone missed. it needs to be out on iOS.

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

New menu wink.gif
user posted image

Pawbrotm
  • Pawbrotm

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

WOW. Nice one. Are you doing it for Android or iOS? Are there plans to change the game directories, so we can have "normal" GTA 3 and VC mod?

This is a nice project but,i wonder,how will it ride a heli or drive a rhino ? since GTA III doesn't allow us to ride a heli either drive the rhino

You can drive Rhino in normal GTA 3. Helicopters will be a harder thing. There is already someting similar in GTA III LCS mod, but it is a dirty hack like motorcycles - very buggy - if you hit a motorcycle it will start to flip over until it explodes. It is also almost undriveable. The Maverick is very unstable in flying (on the side - the game treats it like a car, so sometimes it appear driving around on the streets).

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (Pawbrotm @ Saturday, Sep 22 2012, 21:05)
WOW. Nice one. Are you doing it for Android or iOS? Are there plans to change the game directories, so we can have "normal" GTA 3 and VC mod?

I test in PC and Android. I can't find person, who can test it on iOS.
I will try to change the directory/

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:09 PM

Tbh i dont know why you started a topic, the limitations of III's engine (on mobile devices) will prevent the mod from fully functioning.

However, i might convert VC's weapons to III for you and possibly do a basic scm script (not missions, takes too long and i'm busy on other projects).
What scm scripting do you want?

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

Maybe some Russians can help with hacking limits on III, they are talented.
About SCM script - maybe for now simple script, which can save the game.
And I need a person, who can make traffic paths. It is really need smile.gif

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to bounce.

• Members

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:11 PM Edited by gamerzworld, 22 September 2012 - 09:21 PM.

This is amazing stuff! However, if I were you, I'd wait till at least after October. It's actually very likely we'll see a Vice City mobile announced soon for the anniversary of the PS2 release. GTAIII has been at the top of the charts on both iOS and Android Market since release. The amount of effort Rockstar puts in is next to nothing since a third party studio handles the ports so it's not like it takes away from anything and most of the foundations are already in place thanks to III mobile. It's essentially free cash for Rockstar and creates more hype for GTAV. Not to mention, things have been quiet from War Drum so they must be working on something big.

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

Gamerz, check your PM wink.gif
My last update: added fuel station and a hotel:
user posted image

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:01 PM

Quick question, how do we download it?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:09 AM Edited by nkjellman, 23 September 2012 - 02:54 AM.

Do you think it might be possible to make the mod go in a different .app file on the iOS? That way we don't have to rename the gta3.app files and we would get multiple icons on the home screen, one for GTA III, and one for VCM.

I'm not sure about Android, but on iOS you will need a jail break to install this. You might be able to include an installer package in Cidya.

I apologize for not having being able to test it on the iOS, but I will test the version you sent me today.

Edit: On IOS it crashes. For some reason I kinda expected it to do so. It seems the Android, and the IOS are different about the compressed textures, or archives you brought up. I don't know which one accepts compressed, or whether it was textures or the archives them selves. The loading bar goes a little past the end and the app closes. I put the txd's and dff's in the gta3_pvr.img, and rearranged all the files so their in the root as the IOS GTA III doesn't use folders like Android, PC, PS2, Xbox, ect.

As for the limit adjusting goes, make sure you will be able to do it on all devices. If not, I highly recomend converting the VC map from GTA SOL. In that mod they combined the models all over the map, and their VC model id amount might just fit in the original GTA III limits.

Also the BTTF LC team got heli's working on the PC version. There may be a chance of seeing if they will let you port their source to IOS and Android.

I sure hope you just leave the Dodo alone as replacing it with a VC heli would look f*cking retarded when flying.

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:01 AM

Try to check it on PC version of III. If this works on PC, it should work too on mobile or iOS.
I don't know iOS structure, so I can't help too much.

Mainline421
  • Mainline421

• Members

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

R* has already implied VC will come to mobile

GTAGAME ☑
  • GTAGAME ☑

(countergame)

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Sep 23 2012, 02:09)
Also the BTTF LC team got heli's working on the PC version. There may be a chance of seeing if they will let you port their source to IOS and Android.

I sure hope you just leave the Dodo alone as replacing it with a VC heli would look f*cking retarded when flying.

Oh, i think that's GTA: LC (III for VC Engine)

Pawbrotm
  • Pawbrotm

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (countergame @ Sunday, Sep 23 2012, 15:34)

I don't think so - look at the helicopter rotor - it looks more like the San Andreas one - visible spinning blades.

Sebianoti
  • Sebianoti

Graphic designer

• Members

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:04 PM

Looks great, if you need help with testing count me in.
I got a HTC One X and Nexus 7 both rooted but root isn't needed.

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

I can't get LODs to work, they are always white confused.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (Pawbrotm @ Sunday, Sep 23 2012, 15:55)
QUOTE (countergame @ Sunday, Sep 23 2012, 15:34)

I don't think so - look at the helicopter rotor - it looks more like the San Andreas one - visible spinning blades.

It isn't GTA LC and it isn't GTA SA: LC.

Its GTA III. The BTTF beta with the heli hasn't been released yet, but there has been a beta released that contains a lot of things including hover mode, like helicopter handling. I'm sure the helicopter is using code from that and there is a script making the blade move as if its a door, kinda like how we get plane blades spinning on GTA IV with EMP.

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

Someone is interested to help me with testing my mod on other Android phones? wink.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Thursday, Sep 27 2012, 18:26)
Someone is interested to help me with testing my mod on other Android phones? wink.gif

Maybe i do, i have Samsung Galaxy S3 with Mali(Android).. Does it replacing current GTA III or i can it be installed like a new app?

_CP_
  • _CP_

• Feroci
  • Poland

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

It replace installed III.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users