[VC|WIP] Vice Beta Collection

232 replies to this topic
ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:32 AM

Beta Vehicle talk has been relocated to the new Vehicles Topic.

Vice Beta Collection - Vehicles

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Huelga birds in the air and we're chargin with spears

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:54 AM

what about the beta weapons? been curious about what the icons would look like for them ;)

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:12 AM

what about the beta weapons? been curious about what the icons would look like for them ;)

I had nothing to do with the Beta Weapons, ITBTD (Now 'Dylan2112') was in charge of that whole area and the expert on it, I have sent him a PM asking if he is still interested in working on this mod and if all the work he did is on Dropbox so I can include it in the next release, but it has been 3 weeks since he was online last so I can only assume he is retired from modding for now, when I hear from him I'll update the here to let people know the situation on weapons, for now I will hold off on all weapons related things until I hear back from ITBTD.

But some weapons like the Nailgun will be re-added with MVL, I've already got that as a mod on GTA Garage, I've also seen that Ashwin the new Boy has made a landmine mod for Vice City so I might look into that too.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:58 PM

I had nothing to do with the Beta Weapons, ITBTD (Now 'Dylan2112') was in charge of that whole area and the expert on it, I have sent him a PM asking if he is still interested in working on this mod and if all the work he did is on Dropbox so I can include it in the next release, but it has been 3 weeks since he was online last so I can only assume he is retired from modding for now, when I hear from him I'll update the here to let people know the situation on weapons, for now I will hold off on all weapons related things until I hear back from ITBTD.

But some weapons like the Nailgun will be re-added with MVL, I've already got that as a mod on GTA Garage, I've also seen that Ashwin the new Boy has made a landmine mod for Vice City so I might look into that too.

alright, I was going to try to convert the GTA III shotgun to VC through MVL (would be my second weapon conversion to VC and first actual MVL conversion) since it was included in the beta... and depending on how that would go I would possibly continue adding in a few more GTA III to VC weapons...

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:01 PM

Just as an Update to those who may not be following the separate Vehicle Topic for this mod here is a little update on some of the work that has happened over there.

The New Beta Models for the Esperanto, Sabre and Sabre Turbo have been completed.

a610-esper.pnga610-esper2.png

a610-sabre1.pnga610-sabre2.png

a610-sabretur1.pnga610-sabretur2.png

The two Sabre's being rebuilt by me to replace TripleAs's model which had some incorrect details and the Esperanto being built for the first time.

Currently I am working on making the Beta Oceanic again, TripleAs's model only had a retexture on the front grill area which was not completely accurate to the model, and my rebuild will have the original texture which I recovered, along with the Bel-Air style rear doors and lower roof seen in Pics.

wipshot.png

oceanic-doorfinshot.png

elMarcoPL
  • elMarcoPL

Tronco

• Members

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:54 PM

Cool! Do you have any count of vehicles which remain not re-made, but which were different in beta version?

darthvader20011
  • darthvader20011

lets go bowling

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:44 PM

Oceanic had that Bloodring Banger (IDK what one)'s paintjob

ssbawesome
  • ssbawesome

The Eigth Sage

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:07 PM

These are very nice. I love when people decide to bring back the beta elements into games.

• ALMOST610 likes this

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:50 AM

Cool! Do you have any count of vehicles which remain not re-made, but which were different in beta version?

Well I have not made count of all the vehicles but some had such minor changes, going off of the top of my head, the Taxi for example, the only difference was it had a Badge on Grill in Beta Shots, so depending on how minor or major lots of them had small changes, I think the Stallion and possibly the Stinger are cars which did not change at all when comparing early screenshots to the final models. Many more models were not seen in early screens to show us different changes made over development so some will never be made as they are unknown.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

Another update from the Vehicles Topic...

Now the Moonbeam, Greenwood, Taxi, Burrito and Bobcat beta models have been made and are ready for the next release.

a610-moonbeam.pnga610-greenwood.pnga610-taxi.pnga610-burrito.pnga610-bobcat.png

Also some good news, ITBTD has gotten back to me and hopefully he will be able to compile a list of his completed work in this topic and show off all the weapons he made, also more good news, TripleAs has supplied some more Beta content of his to be included in the mod, I am yet to look through everything but hopefully he too will happy to post his findings and work in this topic and show it all off.

• Mr. Jago, Ss4gogeta0, ToyGT_one and 1 other like this

Naruko
  • Naruko

Naruko

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:35 AM

Coooool, I'm waiting for the other unfinished vehicles and the weapons .
Are you going to include the peds?

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:37 AM

Well TripleAs has put them all in a folder for me, but I would rather try and figure out how to enable them rather than replace existing Peds with them.

Naruko
  • Naruko

Naruko

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

I have a question , is the PS2 Main.scm fully compatible with the PC Version?

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:20 AM

In VC case I think they're pretty much the same, why would you need it then?
  • Naruko likes this

Naruko
  • Naruko

Naruko

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:19 PM

Just for the teargas

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:46 PM

Plus at the beginning when you start a new game, usually you press 'space' or something and it skips from Sonny's conversation to Rosenburg pulling up at his office, for some reason on the PS2 SCM when its played on PC, when you skip the Sonny Scene it then goes to the Airport Scene, Skip that and it goes to the Docks Scene, then skip that and it goes to Rosenburg's Office, which I like, its something different.

• theNGclan, Mr. Jago and Naruko like this

cj2000
  • cj2000

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 4 days ago

UPDATE:

Most of the weapons are done! Here's a little preview smile.gif
3essh.jpg

Where you found this weapons? I found only steyer aug, nail gun and grenadelauncher. Would realy like to convert mp5k and the silenced pistol to SA, so can somebody tell me the names of dff/txd files?

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

UPDATE:

Most of the weapons are done! Here's a little preview smile.gif
3essh.jpg

Where you found this weapons? I found only steyer aug, nail gun and grenadelauncher. Would realy like to convert mp5k and the silenced pistol to SA, so can somebody tell me the names of dff/txd files?
mp5k has a cs prefix... its been converted to death (even I converted it...)

As for the pistol... not sure...

Aztecas_5
  • Aztecas_5

Vehicle Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Italy

Posted 4 days ago

In the ps2 version the mp5 is called mpfshrt.dff/txd and the pistol coltsil.dff/txd

cj2000
  • cj2000

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 4 days ago

In the ps2 version the mp5 is called mpfshrt.dff/txd and the pistol coltsil.dff/txd

Thanks.

Does someone know where to find the tools to open PS2 dff and txd files? I have already found such tools some years ago, but don´t know where.

Aztecas_5
  • Aztecas_5

Vehicle Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Italy

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Aztecas_5, 4 days ago.

i managed to convert them for sa some months ago,i can give you mines

• cj2000 likes this

cj2000
  • cj2000

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 4 days ago

i managed to convert them for sa some months ago,i can give you mines

Thanks, but i want to use this weapons in my mod which I want to make publik, so don´t know if it´ll be than OK for you.

Aztecas_5
  • Aztecas_5

Vehicle Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Italy

Posted 4 days ago

yeah is okay,i will send you the link

• cj2000 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users