Dragon Age 3: Inquisition

52 replies to this topic
Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

Hoping it won't be the same crap as 2 was. Jesus do I regret buying that one.

http://www.gametacti...-3-inquisition/

BioWare, a Label of Electronic Arts, today announced Dragon Age 3: Inquisition, the next chapter in the award-winning role-playing game (RPG) franchise, is in development at BioWare Edmonton and BioWare Montreal. Coming in late 2013, Dragon Age 3: Inquisition combines the storytelling legacy BioWare is known for, with deep RPG gameplay, all on a brand new RPG game engine underpinned by EA’s critically-acclaimed Frostbite 2 technology.

“The Dragon Age team has been working on Dragon Age 3: Inquisition for almost two years now”

“The Dragon Age team has been working on Dragon Age 3: Inquisition for almost two years now,” said Aaryn Flynn, General Manager of BioWare Edmonton and BioWare Montreal. “We’ve been poring over player feedback from past games and connecting directly with our fans. They haven’t held back, so we’re not either. With Dragon Age 3: Inquisition, we want to give fans what they’re asking for – a great story with choices that matter, a massive world to explore, deep customization and combat that is both tactical and visceral.”

Added Flynn, “At the same time, we know we need new technology to truly make this vision become fully realized. And we’ve been working with DICE to make Frostbite 2 the foundation for the engine that is going to power Dragon Age 3.”

The Dragon Age franchise has received over 80 awards from critics around the world, and has sold over 8 million copies to date*. Created by BioWare, the property has spawned many novels, an animated film, comic books, collectibles and more since Dragon Age: Origins launched in 2009.

For more information about Dragon Age 3: Inquisition, including updates from the development team and a letter to the fans from Executive Producer Mark Darrah, please visit the game’s official web site at http://dragonage.com.

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:11 PM

So, any ideas what multiplayer mode they will cram into this one?

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:16 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 18 September 2012 - 12:48 PM.

QUOTE (The General @ Monday, Sep 17 2012, 22:11)

Dunno, but there will be one. EA said how they will not release any games without a multiplayer component. So it will be at least some kind of leaderboard.

And since this is EA, we can expect a disastrous DLC plan. Which is only enforcing my decision not to go anywhere near Dragon Age ever again. I'm fairly content with the way Origins ended. In my mind DA2 never happened, and DA3 will never happen.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

Yeah DA 2 was awful. I can't believe I pre-ordered it and it taught me to really think before I pre-order a game even if it's from a series I liked. Truly awful game; one city and just boring missions.

I'll wait to see more of DA 3 before I make up my mind on the series completely.

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

soon to be dead

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

as far as I'm concerned, DA ended when my character went through the portal with morrigan.

Bioware's track record sucks as of late and I know that DA3 will be butchered in one form or another.

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

I liked both origins and II so I'll probably get this. We'll see how it shapes up, I am of course hoping more origins and less II but still, i'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:53 PM Edited by Chunkyman, 17 September 2012 - 10:04 PM.

$100 says it will suck. Dragon Age 2 was one of the worst games I'v ever played. Seriously, Pokemon has deeper RPG mechanics than DA2 had. The voiced PC plus the paraphrased dialogue wheel made it literally impossible to role play in that game. Seriously, Black Ops multiplayer facilitates roleplaying better than DA2 can.

The combat was horrendous, with apparently 90% of criminals waiting up in the rafters to parachute down on you whenever their allies get killed. The combat animations were way over the top, with a clear effort to appeal to anime loving 12 year olds. For instance, in DA:O you would throw poisons at the enemy. In DA2, you throw the poison straight up and spin kick the bottle towards your enemies direction.

It would take hours to list every fail in DA2, so I won't.

Now, on to DA3. I am an active member of the Bioware Social Network, so I'm up to date on what the intentions are with DA3. The developers at Bioware are completely deluded and think the design decisions of DA2 were a fundamentally good idea, just that implementation might have been a little rough. Because they think DA2 was great (and that DA:O wasn't as good as DA2), they will be making DA3 nothing more than DA2 with a few tweaks.

Since DA3 will be a slightly modified DA2, I know it's going to be sh*t.

Bioware is dead to me. Long live Obsidian and inXile Entertainment, developers that actually make quality RPG's and actually understand what role playing is!
  • Nipperkins and Myron like this

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (The General @ Monday, Sep 17 2012, 20:11)

I was just about to say this...
God, i love RPGs but i just can't get excited for this game knowing EA's Bioware will f*ck it up somehow, i will keep an eye on it though.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:11 PM Edited by Audiophile, 18 September 2012 - 04:16 PM.

^ Seriously?

Ok then. f*ck that then and I probably won't even be getting DA3. Seriously they think DA2 was better than DA:O and the expansion? Wowowowow. Yeah, no expectations for this game whatsoever.

EDITED for mixing up the names.

baptiste
  • baptiste

Docking request accepted

• Zaibatsu

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:59 AM

$100 says it will suck. Dragon Age 2 was one of the worst games I'v ever played. Seriously, Pokemon has deeper RPG mechanics than DA2 had. The voiced PC plus the paraphrased dialogue wheel made it literally impossible to role play in that game. Seriously, Black Ops multiplayer facilitates roleplaying better than DA2 can.

I can agree with this to an extent, I thought the dialogue wheel was out of place in Dragon Age, and overall the conversation system was deffinitly lacking in options. The voiced PC has its advantages and inconvenients. I think its justified by the fact that you arnt exactly you, you are playing the story Varric is telling, so it makes sense to have a voiced PC.

The combat was horrendous, with apparently 90% of criminals waiting up in the rafters to parachute down on you whenever their allies get killed. The combat animations were way over the top, with a clear effort to appeal to anime loving 12 year olds. For instance, in DA:O you would throw poisons at the enemy. In DA2, you throw the poison straight up and spin kick the bottle towards your enemies direction.

I never understood this argument, the combat mechanics in Origins and II are the same, are you seriously being a whiny bitch over some animations? The only difference is the fatigue system which wasnt exactly a very good mechanic in the first place, and thats not even in the combat.

It would take hours to list every fail in DA2, so I won't.

I'd be interested in hearing it, not that i'd expect anything coherent.

Now, on to DA3. I am an active member of the Bioware Social Network, so I'm up to date on what the intentions are with DA3. The developers at Bioware are completely deluded and think the design decisions of DA2 were a fundamentally good idea, just that implementation might have been a little rough. Because they think DA2 was great (and that DA:O wasn't as good as DA2), they will be making DA3 nothing more than DA2 with a few tweaks.

I actually agree with the devs here, DAII was really rough, and some of it terribly implemented, but none of the design was straight up bad, at least nothing I can see. The result was bad in some cases, but as they said, more due to implementation than actual bad design. Care to point out any straight up bad design in DAII?

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

damn, they better not f*ck this up like DA2

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (deathdealer @ Monday, Sep 17 2012, 13:55)
as far as I'm concerned, DA ended when my character went through the portal with morrigan.

god damn right.

DA 2 doesn't count, it's not canon.
in my book, it's like it never happened. that's how bad it was. especially when compared to Origins, letalone standing on it's own.

I would certainly be optimistic for DA 3.
but I know how easily they can screw this sh*t up.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:18 AM Edited by Audiophile, 18 September 2012 - 04:15 PM.

I've got no hopes going into this so I will still wait and see what DA3 will play like before completely making my mind up that it's crap.

Maybe the devs will surprise us..... lol.gif

I was really excited for DA2 but when I actually played it and saw how badly they screwed it up from DA:O and Awakening, the horror just overcame my face that I actually paid full price to pre-order it. Won't be making the same mistake with 3 unless the previews utterly blow me away.

EDITED because I mixed up the names of the first game and the expansion which means apparently I never played the game.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:58 AM

The first one was ok. Second felt like it was made by a noob company, but it was not. I MIGHT give the DEMO for this a chance.

Verdant
  • Verdant

Rasta Blasta!

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

I have Dragon Age: Origins.
For me I don't have the feel of medieval games but this series I like.
Second one, I haven't played so I'll probably see a play through of that on YouTube. I'll look into the next installment of the Dragon Age series.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:41 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 18 September 2012 - 12:50 PM.

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Tuesday, Sep 18 2012, 13:18)
I've got no hopes going into this so I will still wait and see what DA3 will play like before completely making my mind up that it's crap.

I was really excited for DA2 but when I actually played it and saw how badly they screwed it up from DA and DA:O, the horror just overcame my face that I actually paid full price to pre-order it. Won't be making the same mistake with 3 unless the previews utterly blow me away.

There is only one Dragon Age before DA2. It's called Dragon Age: Origins. There are also several expansions for Origins, like Awakening. Now, it's obvious to me that you didn't even play these games. So why do you pretend that you have?

Anyway, I made my decision not to go anywhere near DA3 when Bioware said in one of their DA panels on E3 that they will stick with the voiced protagonist. That alone is a deal breaker for me. I couldn't stand Hawke. Mass Effect started with the dialogue wheel and a voiced protagonist and it was an action/RPG hybrid. So it's OK. DA started with a mute protagonist. I prefer mute characters in these types of RPGs. It's what makes the game 100x more immersive.

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Tuesday, Sep 18 2012, 19:41)
Mass Effect started with the dialogue wheel and a voiced protagonist and it was an action/RPG hybrid. So it's OK. DA started with a mute protagonist. I prefer mute characters in these types of RPGs. It's what makes the game 100x more immersive.

hell, I really hate that "choose blue dialogue for good sequence and red for bad sequence". you choose your character to say "I don't like this" and then he suddenly say "f*ck you", that would break the whole immersive and that is not what you want him to say.
if they let us playing a character with his/her own voice, at least give us a chance to build his/her personality instead of pick 3 arranged dialogues that anyone can expect what would happen.
I would love it if they bring back DAO dialogue system, it's random and you can't expect what consequences waiting ahead.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:14 PM Edited by Audiophile, 18 September 2012 - 04:28 PM.

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Tuesday, Sep 18 2012, 12:41)
QUOTE (Audiophile @ Tuesday, Sep 18 2012, 13:18)

I was really excited for DA2 but when I actually played it and saw how badly they screwed it up from DA and DA:O, the horror just overcame my face that I actually paid full price to pre-order it. Won't be making the same mistake with 3 unless the previews utterly blow me away.

There is only one Dragon Age before DA2. It's called Dragon Age: Origins. There are also several expansions for Origins, like Awakening. Now, it's obvious to me that you didn't even play these games. So why do you pretend that you have?

Anyway, I made my decision not to go anywhere near DA3 when Bioware said in one of their DA panels on E3 that they will stick with the voiced protagonist. That alone is a deal breaker for me. I couldn't stand Hawke. Mass Effect started with the dialogue wheel and a voiced protagonist and it was an action/RPG hybrid. So it's OK. DA started with a mute protagonist. I prefer mute characters in these types of RPGs. It's what makes the game 100x more immersive.

Excuse me? Why would I lie in saying I played a game? What do I gain from this?

I played the first DA back when it came out. I realize now that I confused the names once you pointed it out because DA: O was the first of the series and the expansion was Awakening. I am not a fanboy of the series so clearly I did mix up the names. How many years has it been since these games came out? The last time I played the first game was years ago.

Would you like a picture of my Steam library as proof (tho I don't own the first game there, just 2)? sarcasm.gif

Don't make an assumption based on a simple mistake I made with mixing up the names of a game I haven't played in years and never was a big fan of to begin with. sh*t happens, people make mistakes. I admitted mine and changed my previous posts. Thank you for pointing it out that I had the names mixed up, but please don't assume I never played it and am in here pretending I played a video game. What do I gain from that? It was a stupid mistake, yes, but I have more important things to remember right now than the correct sequence of names in a video game series.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:47 AM

New Dragon Age 3: Inquisition details:
http://gamingeveryth...sition-details/

Victor_Mangano
  • Victor_Mangano

Capo of the Mangano Crime Family

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

Now that some gameplay has been leaked, any updated/further opinions on this installment?

For me, the concept, design and customization looks great. I'm still cautiously hesistant, just because I was burned with DA2, but I'm still interested.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:19 PM Edited by TaviColen123, 19 November 2013 - 05:20 PM.

Am i the only one who actually like DA2 ? Sure the story isnt anything special but the gameplay is still pretty fun not to mention the customization .

Victor_Mangano
  • Victor_Mangano

Capo of the Mangano Crime Family

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

Am i the only one who actually like DA2 ? Sure the story isnt anything special but the gameplay is still pretty fun not to mention the customization .

I'm actually the opposite. I enjoyed the story (and combat) but despised the re-used enviroments and lack of customization/exploring.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:25 PM

I don't like games with a forced protagonist (except for Planexcape: Torment) in RPG's, which is why I stayed away from DA2 (No, I don't wanna play HUMAN MALE!)

As far as I know it was pretty good and considered by a lot of people to be the better of the 2 in terms of combat and writing (writing/quests being less generic than in Origins).

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:08 PM

I really liked DA2, so you're not the only one. Sure it had its faults, but it was a pretty good game imo. Not as good as Origins, but still very enjoyable.

I'm definitely getting DA3...

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

I thought 2 was pretty good, but thats only because Dragon Age series was always average for me. it was never anything special. i didnt mind the new combat system and the other small improvements, thought it was way better than origins, and the story/ side quests were very interesting.

One of the things that sucked about 2 was that most cells were a copy and paste versions of each other. there was literally 1/2 cave designs, 2 house designs, one was big which resembled a mansion and one small. same thing with other interiors, only a handful of designs but they were used repeatedly. how f*cking lazy do you have to be to do that sh*t to your game?

But anyway they already said they weren't gonna do that again in DA3, so that's good. ill probably buy when it comes out.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

twcrmw.gif

vhamch.gif

aduuew.gif

rbiswz.gif

DAI_Discover1.jpg

DAI_Discover4.jpg

Holy... That looks amazing!

• El_Diablo likes this

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:08 PM

October can't come soon enough!
  • El_Diablo likes this

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

Grill

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • San-Marino

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:27 PM Edited by Nipperkins, 29 May 2014 - 08:31 PM.

Nothing I've read or seen from this game impresses me. It will probably be just as bad as DA2. 

@Chunkyman: I love how they thought DA@ was such a great game that they didn't release an expansion for it. Sounds like a confident company. 

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:01 PM

Nothing I've read or seen from this game impresses me. It will probably be just as bad as DA2. 

I played through DA 2 again recently.

probably bored waiting for Watch Dogs.

it actually wasn't as bad as my initial impressions; even though - yes - it was a huge disappointment following Origins.

while Origins was amazing it's mechanics were slightly cumbersome and DA 2 was just too childish and simple; dumbed down.

if DA 3 can strike the balance again it'll be great.

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

Grill

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • San-Marino

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:14 PM Edited by Nipperkins, 29 May 2014 - 09:18 PM.

I could write an entire book about everything I hated in DA2. My main problem with the game is it didn't start going anywhere until act two, and once I picked up a slight interest on what was going on in the game, act three rolled around and the whole thing fell apart. I tried replaying the game a couple of times and I couldn't get past act one because of how boring it was. And even if I could play through it, I know how much of a cluster f*ck act three is, and I would just stop playing after I kill the Arishok. 

That and the game was made for tumblr and anime enthusiasts. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users