» «
Photo

Curse Of Chucky

122 replies to this topic
Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:16 AM Edited by Flight180Victm, 20 July 2013 - 03:50 AM.

You just can't keep a good guy down. cool.gif I am so f*cking happy to say, that a new Chucky movie is currently in production. It's titled Curse Of Chucky. Don Mancini, the writer of every Chucky movie including this one, has said that this film will completely ignore Bride and Seed of Chucky (Thank God). This one will continue from Child's Play 3. He has also stated that this film will get a very limited theater release, other than that, it will go straight to DVD.

user posted image

Here is the plot of the story.
Nica is grieving over the gruesome suicide of her mother when her domineering older sister Barb arrives with her young family to help settle their motherís affairs. As the sisters butt heads over Nicaís plans for the future, Barbís young daughter comforts herself with a grinning, red-haired talking doll named Chucky (voiced again by Brad Dourif) that recently arrived mysteriously in the mail. But as a string of brutal murders begins to terrorize the household, Nica suspects the doll may be responsible for all the bloodshed. What she doesnít know is that Chucky has a personal score to settle. Heís determined to finish a job he started more than 20 years earlier, and this time heís going to see it through to the bloody and shocking end.

The film is scheduled for release on DVD and Blu-Ray, October 8th 2013. And will be available to stream online on, September 24th 2013.

The Official Trailer!

I would like to thank theomenofficial for all the help in this thread.
I WILL UPDATE THIS AS WE GET MORE INFO

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:47 PM

I was gonna say "oh god no", but if it's really ignoring that horrible unfunny abortion piece of trash Seed of Chucky, then good. I liked Bride of Chucky, but it's better they ignore it.

Though I will miss Chucky's stitched up look. So, what, are they continuing on from the 3rd film? Or are they just rebooting it totally? What about Andy?

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (Ryda King @ Monday, Sep 17 2012, 12:47)
I was gonna say "oh god no", but if it's really ignoring that horrible unfunny abortion piece of trash Seed of Chucky, then good. I liked Bride of Chucky, but it's better they ignore it.

Though I will miss Chucky's stitched up look. So, what, are they continuing on from the 3rd film? Or are they just rebooting it totally? What about Andy?

They haven't stated if Andy will return. I hope he does. It would really tie up some loose ends.

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

Come on people, don't just read this, reply to it too. I really wanna talk about this movie..... confused.gif
Ask me anything and I will try my best to answer you.

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

Yeah it wouldn't make sense to completely ignore Andy if they're picking up where the 3rd left off. Then again, they did it with BOC.

I don't know. I would really prefer they went back to their roots with Chucky. Creepy dolls, voodoo magick, the "Jaws" effect where you don't even see Chucky alive for a while. The first movie had it's funny moments, but it wasn't ALL comedy like the series eventually turned into. It was nothing but joke after joke after joke, with some blood and gore thrown in.

It's another case of how did you take a good concept that's scary/creepy, and turn into something funny? Freddy Krueger turned into a comedian, Jason turned into a f*cking cyborg who smacked campers in sleeping bags against trees, and Michael Myers was turned into a retarded redneck by Rob Zombie.

Know what else I miss about old horror films like Child's Play? The theme songs. The theme song to Child's Play was both creepy and innocent/sweet at the same time. A very unique theme.

I cannot even begin to tell you how much that picture alone f*cking terrified me as a kid. I had nightmares for months. Yet, somehow, they turned that into a comedian.

They need to return to their horror roots and make Chucky scary again.

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:50 PM Edited by Flight180Victm, 20 September 2012 - 02:56 PM.

QUOTE (Ryda King @ Thursday, Sep 20 2012, 13:39)
Yeah it wouldn't make sense to completely ignore Andy if they're picking up where the 3rd left off. Then again, they did it with BOC.

I don't know. I would really prefer they went back to their roots with Chucky. Creepy dolls, voodoo magick, the "Jaws" effect where you don't even see Chucky alive for a while. The first movie had it's funny moments, but it wasn't ALL comedy like the series eventually turned into. It was nothing but joke after joke after joke, with some blood and gore thrown in.

It's another case of how did you take a good concept that's scary/creepy, and turn into something funny? Freddy Krueger turned into a comedian, Jason turned into a f*cking cyborg who smacked campers in sleeping bags against trees, and Michael Myers was turned into a retarded redneck by Rob Zombie.

Know what else I miss about old horror films like Child's Play? The theme songs. The theme song to Child's Play was both creepy and innocent/sweet at the same time. A very unique theme.

I cannot even begin to tell you how much that picture alone f*cking terrified me as a kid. I had nightmares for months. Yet, somehow, they turned that into a comedian.

They need to return to their horror roots and make Chucky scary again.

I agree with every single thing you just said. Especially what you said about the theme. Other than the halloween theme, the child's play theme has always been my favorite. Just like you said, it has that innocent sound but at the same time, it sounds so f*cking creepy....gives me chills wow.gif

Don Mancini actually confirmed, this one will return to the roots of the original film. So we won't have to hear those lame jokes that were in Bride and Seed.

Yeah, every horror movie villian has turned into a complete joke. Rob Zombie gave Michael Myers a motive for being the way he is. (He was treated like sh*t by his whole family except his mom.) Michael was always creepier when you didn't know why he did what he did. You just thought he was purely and simply, evil. Although it wasn't great, I enjoyed the Halloween remake. smile.gif Dont even get me started on Jason....the remake....Who the hell decided to have Jason run!? Hopefully... maybe just maybe...Chucky will be saved. Maybe we will get the classic, witty, bone chilling Chucky back.

Of course, I was 6 when I first watched it, but Child's Play was always the one one that kept me up all night, so scared I couldn't shut my eyes. So scared I couldn't watch them again until I was 12. Now Chucky is almost a joke...I just wish they would make Chucky that scary again. It's fun to be scared. biggrin.gif That Chucky on the YouTube video, that's the Chucky I want back! I remember looking at the box of the movie and I would just get chills. Just look at his eyes....and tell me you don't feel like they're staring deep into your soul... orly.gif

TheJonesy
  • TheJonesy

Carry on.

• Members

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

Yeah, I'll probably check this one out. This film series has sort of a Stockholm sydrome effect on me; I was absolutely terrified of Chucky as a kid, and I mean terrified. Now, I love watching it. I haven't managed to see any of these comedic ones, but it sounds like they might bring this one back to its roots.

If not, I'll still watch it anyway lol.

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (TheJonesy @ Thursday, Sep 20 2012, 15:24)
I haven't managed to see any of these comedic ones

You should try watching Bride Of Chucky. That one was kinda good. Avoid Seed Of Chucky.....that one just made fun of Chucky. It seemed more like just a comedy than horror/comedy. It was just horrible....unless you like doll tits.

TheJonesy
  • TheJonesy

Carry on.

• Members

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (Flight180Victm @ Thursday, Sep 20 2012, 17:44)
It was just horrible....unless you like doll tits.

Hahaha wow...never would've imagined that sentence before.

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE (TheJonesy @ Sunday, Sep 23 2012, 01:42)
QUOTE (Flight180Victm @ Thursday, Sep 20 2012, 17:44)
It was just horrible....unless you like doll tits.

Hahaha wow...never would've imagined that sentence before.

Yeah I actually bursted out laughing when Tiffany flashed Chucky, and it actually showed them! In the uncut version, Chucky starts masterbating and it actually shows his dick! It's just a little plastic stub though. lol.gif

Eulogy
  • Eulogy

The Man Who Comes Around

• Members

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:57 AM

Thank God they're disregarding those last two sh*t-fests. But direct to DVD? Are they still doing the remake of child's play? Perhaps they don't want the two movies to compete with each other in the box office?

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (Eulogy @ Wednesday, Sep 26 2012, 01:57)
Thank God they're disregarding those last two sh*t-fests. But direct to DVD? Are they still doing the remake of child's play? Perhaps they don't want the two movies to compete with each other in the box office?

Don Mancini has stated that he still plans on remaking the series. He wants to wrap up the original series first. But he promises that there will be a remake in the future. Hopefully not too far away, cause that's what I wanted them to do. I just feel like they screwed up the original series. I think the only way they can truly fix it, is to restart from the beginning. But I have faith in this movie. The only thing i'm not happy about with this one, is the straight to DVD. Chucky deserves the theater..... confused.gif

Eulogy
  • Eulogy

The Man Who Comes Around

• Members

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:28 AM

QUOTE (Flight180Victm @ Wednesday, Sep 26 2012, 13:03)

Don Mancini has stated that he still plans on remaking the series. He wants to wrap up the original series first. But he promises that there will be a remake in the future. Hopefully not too far away, cause that's what I wanted them to do. I just feel like they screwed up the original series. I think the only way they can truly fix it, is to restart from the beginning. But I have faith in this movie. The only thing i'm not happy about with this one, is the straight to DVD. Chucky deserves the theater..... confused.gif

Well, perhaps this is what the series needs. Since they only have to release it on DVD, they'll save money. So then they can spend more on making the movie good.

I think you're right, though. They need to re-do the series. Just the first three, though. But they need to more or less stay true to the original story. DON'T go around changing important sh*t. Like:

"HE DIDN'T GET TRAPPED INSIDE THE DOLL WITH VOODOO MAGIC, IT WAS ALIENS! NO, WAIT, IT WAS SATAN! NO, THAT'S NOT IT! IT WAS... THE RUSSIANS. WHO GIVES A SH*T YOU'LL GO SEE IT."

^None of that. Keep it the same story. Maybe change the delivery of certain lines, add in a few scenes, maybe take out others, but don't change the plot.

...And one more thing. Never. Ever. EVER. Pull a George Lucas. If Chucky becomes CGI... I WILL SMACK A BITCH. (a bitch named Don.)
  • GankThis110 likes this

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE (Eulogy @ Thursday, Sep 27 2012, 03:28)
QUOTE (Flight180Victm @ Wednesday, Sep 26 2012, 13:03)

Well, perhaps this is what the series needs. Since they only have to release it on DVD, they'll save money. So then they can spend more on making the movie good.

I think you're right, though. They need to re-do the series. Just the first three, though. But they need to more or less stay true to the original story. DON'T go around changing important sh*t. Like:

"HE DIDN'T GET TRAPPED INSIDE THE DOLL WITH VOODOO MAGIC, IT WAS ALIENS! NO, WAIT, IT WAS SATAN! NO, THAT'S NOT IT! IT WAS... THE RUSSIANS. WHO GIVES A SH*T YOU'LL GO SEE IT."

^None of that. Keep it the same story. Maybe change the delivery of certain lines, add in a few scenes, maybe take out others, but don't change the plot.

...And one more thing. Never. Ever. EVER. Pull a George Lucas. If Chucky becomes CGI... I WILL SMACK A BITCH. (a bitch named Don.)

Yeah, I agree with everything you just said. Especially the last part! DONT EVER MAKE CHUCKY CGI!!! And Don Mancini also said that when he does remake it, that he will change almost nothing from the original. He said he will add stuff, but he won't take stuff out. And I think it would be a big mistake to change the voodoo plot. He said he wants the remake to be much darker and twisted than the original. wow.gif

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:00 AM

JUST ADDED A LINK TO A BEHIND THE SCENES PHOTO

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (Flight180Victm @ Thursday, Sep 20 2012, 12:07)
Come on people, don't just read this, reply to it too. I really wanna talk about this movie..... confused.gif
Ask me anything and I will try my best to answer you.

Well, my user name is based on this f*cked up little psycho.
I always found childs play cheesy as f*ck but loved it all the same, which is why I can watch the 2 worst films and still get a kick out of it.
I hope it's done well.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

I only liked the first 3 films.
I had a username on Bully Board related to Chucky before I got banned.

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

^The last two are okay, but they arent what a chucky movie should be. smile.gif

TheJonesy
  • TheJonesy

Carry on.

• Members

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (Eulogy @ Thursday, Sep 27 2012, 03:28)

That's what really makes those movies fun: utilizing a prop and smart camera work rather than anything computerized.

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

Updated the cast

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

Who cares. Im still waiting on news if the Chucky game is still in development for PS3. It was said to be, but its been a year and the developers have said nothing.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:56 AM

QUOTE (Flight180Victm @ Sunday, Sep 23 2012, 05:45)
Chucky starts masterbating and it actually shows his dick!

DAFUQ?!?!?!?!?! mercie_blink.gif

And chucky game for PS3? What the Dafuq is going on?!!??!?! (No reaction photo available.)

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Thursday, Oct 18 2012, 12:46)
Who cares. Im still waiting on news if the Chucky game is still in development for PS3. It was said to be, but its been a year and the developers have said nothing.

A lot of Chucky fans care, but about the game, the company who was making it posted like one pic of Chucky from the game and that was back in like Febuary. I think it may have been canceled, but hopefuly i'm wrong. colgate.gif Ohh and the company confirmed that it would be for both the ps3 and the xbox 360. icon14.gif

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:36 AM

How would a Chucky game work? Just run around stabbing people as a doll?

I remember way back, I think around 2004 or so, I read this article in some magazine about this nixed idea to create a Mortal Kombat type game with horror icons like Freddy, Jason, Michael Myers, Chucky, Leatherface and all the rest but it never came to fruition. That'd be a pretty sick game if you ask me.

I don't exactly remember if it was a nixed idea or one of those "what we wish for" type things. It was a long time ago. Point is, that'd be a sick game. Plus if the MK creators can make Injustice: Gods Among Us and even feature Freddy in MK9, why not pitch this idea to them?

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Thursday, Oct 18 2012, 13:46)

AMANDA: There is currently a Child's Play video game being developed by the company TikGames. Have you been contacted about this project? Are you a gamer, and do you plan on picking up the title once it is release?

ALEX: I actually have not heard anything about a Chucky video game. I've been playing video games since Atari, but not all that much in recent years. I still enjoy a good video game from time to time, and if a Chucky one was released, I'm sure I'd give it a shot. Haven't gotten to kill that little bastard in a while so that would be fun.

This was on the 10th of March.

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

Added a video interview with Don Mancini.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

I just saw Bride of Chucky.
It was awesome!
I can't wait for the next Chucky movie!

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

I'm the writer.

• Members

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

What happened to the reboot? I thought a remake of the first movie was in the works? bored.gif

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Sorry everybody, no new info yet. But I've been checking every week. We should get something soon though. They're already done filming and they're most likely editing now. So we should get a trailer or at least a screenshot soon. Just hang in there Chucky fans! colgate.gif

Oh and about the Chucky game. I read like a month ago that the damn game was cancelled. Apparently they didn't think it was worth the time and the money. Basically, they said there own game sucked.... How dare they promise us Chucky fans a true Chucky game for consoles and then just f*cking give up! Stupid dumb f*cks!

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

Releasing on Halloween! cool.gif

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users