» «
Photo

RoboCop (2013)

70 replies to this topic
Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:21 AM

So, the RoboCop reboot is set for release in 2013. Now, as a kid, I enjoyed the old Robocop movies and even today, they don't seem cheesy to me at all.

But...

user posted image

What the f*ck is that?! As someone on FB pointed out, that looks like the bastard son of Judge Dredd and Batman. I had to come here and make a topic about it just to showcase my disappointment.

I mean, I didn't expect them to stick with the original suit, but I certainly didn't expect them to f*ck it up in this manner. I'm also not sure about the human right hand and robotic left hand thing. Never heard of the director, Josť Padilha, either. I just hope he doesn't do to RoboCop what Schumacher did to Batman.

Fingers crossed.
  • Yossarianite and FANTOMTRON like this

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:04 AM

which batman? the dark knight rises was pretty good

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Sunday, Sep 16 2012, 14:34) which batman? the dark knight rises was pretty good

turn.gif

I was talking about the Schumacher movies, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:33 AM

Wow, that costume looks terrible. What the f*ck is that?

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Sunday, Sep 16 2012, 11:04)
which batman? the dark knight rises was pretty good

"what Schumacher did to Batman."

Well, the suit does look cool. The problem here is that it isn't very original. Like girish said, looks like a bastard son of Dredd and Batman. They should've at least kept the original blue/silver color.

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:04 PM

Not liking the suit especially. It looks to much like a suit for one thing, like Batman without the ears and cape.

I was going to say he doesn't look much like a cyborg but I've just realised he is kind of similar looking to Grey Fox/Cyborg Ninja and those blokes from Crysis. Still, I'd prefer it if he was more mechanical looking.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

I hope they don't cgi it to sh*t like they did with the remake of The Thing, one of the classic things about these 80s sci-fi flicks to me are their real time special effects. Like that classic scene in The Thing where that infected dudes head detaches from his body, grows legs and attempts to crab walk out of the door, you can't recreate that moment with cgi.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14 - Supralux

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

That's not even an official picture. I highly doubt he would look that bad in the movie.

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

To me that looks like just the cast of the suit. I don't think it's colored yet. Maybe just be a temporary suit to walk around in and get a feel for it.

At least, I hope it is. All black seems too bland. Robocop without the signature silver/blueish and black is like Iron Man without the red and gold, or Freddy without his sweater.

QUOTE (EscoLehGo)
I hope they don't cgi it to sh*t like they did with the remake of The Thing, one of the classic things about these 80s sci-fi flicks to me are their real time special effects. Like that classic scene in The Thing where that infected dudes head detaches from his body, grows legs and attempts to crab walk out of the door, you can't recreate that moment with cgi.

Agreed. But on the other hand, some CGI could really benefit some of the film's parts. Like ED 209 or some of Robocop's mechanics. Remember the suit up scene from Iron Man? Or the Mk.II test flight? I don't think it would've been the same without the use of CGI. If it's done right, it could look pretty amazing. Also granted it has a big budget.

Of course I'm not saying it's impossible. But with a movie about cyborgs and killer robots, I think CGI, in this day and age, is inevitable.

All that aside, I'm really looking forward to it. I loved the original films (even the cheesy as hell 3rd one), so it's awesome to see a reboot of the series.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

I can't be the only one thinking the suit looks like Shepard just walked straight out of Mass Effect and onto the soundstage can I?

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

The suit looks interesting, looking forward for a trailer.

user posted image
user posted image

Gundog
  • Gundog

EnTrance

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

Could be good. I just hope we don't get another flop the Total Recall remake was.

Tommy34
  • Tommy34

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:04 AM

As big Robocop fan, who had seen the movie over 10 times and list is as one of my favorite I must say that this "suit" is terrible. The name of the movie says it all "RoboCop," and this doesn't look like Robo at all.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:50 AM

This looks rad. You guys are too young to actually be offended here. There's no logic in it, only pretense. Go hate Ben Folds, or something.

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE (Otter @ Tuesday, Sep 18 2012, 08:50)
This looks rad. You guys are too young to actually be offended here. There's no logic in it, only pretense. Go hate Ben Folds, or something.

Oh, you!

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:33 AM

I personally feel that its probably going to look better in the movie than that, its just early screenshots.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Tuesday, Sep 18 2012, 13:03)
I personally feel that its probably going to look better in the movie than that, its just early screenshots.

I really hope it does. ATM, I'm not digging it at all.

Also, I don't quite understand the human right hand. They're probably trying to give it a more human feel but it could easily end up feeling forced.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (Girish @ Tuesday, Sep 18 2012, 10:59)

Also, I don't quite understand the human right hand. They're probably trying to give it a more human feel but it could easily end up feeling forced.

Maybe it's something to do with actually being able to hold and use a gun. This suit is quite streamlined compared to the original so something the size of the original's custom gun would look a bit disproportionate. No doubt, if indeed the final thing does have a human right hand, they'll have some half-assed reason for it.

user posted image

It's hard to tell in that photo but if you google "robocop gun" you'll see pictures that show how big it is in a normal hand. I'd post it here but work computer barring it for some reason.

It's another fail for the remake. I'm still kinda looking forward to it though.

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

Or he could've just, y'know, taken it off while they weren't filming or something. Probably the same thing with his helmet/visor off.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

Maybe there's a lot more left to him this time than just his face. It'd be very poignant and very Paul Andersson of them to recon him as a war vet IED victim this time around.

I think they're gonna have a bitch of a time masking out reflections on that visor, though.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

From the looks of things I would not buy a ticket for this movie. Not even for a dollar.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (Ryda King @ Tuesday, Sep 18 2012, 20:19)

Or he could've just, y'know, taken it off while they weren't filming or something. Probably the same thing with his helmet/visor off.

The screenshot that I posted in the OP has the visor on and seems to be a shot taken during the actual shooting; it has the hand showing too. Now I wouldn't mind the hand that much, but there has to be something in that suit to hold a gun like the original Robocop. Even if it's a small handgun, I don't care but it's gotta be there. That's how I remember Robocop and that's how I want it to be for the rest of my life.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

Aw, yeah, they gotta have the in-leg holster. That's almost as essential as ED.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:08 AM

Judging on those two pictures I think the suit is just a prototype and they're seeing how it behaves and how the actor feels with it on. I think that the final suit will look similar but be more "shiny" and with CGI augmentation (similar to Iron Man). We should wait for the actual trailer before making any additional judgement on it.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:26 AM

You guys think he'll still run MS-DOS? colgate.gif It looks like his health/status/etc. might be projected onto that face shield, a bit like google glasses.

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

New vid.

I don't know if the concept art is what's gonna be in the film but he does have his silver armor in it, so maybe/hopefully it's in.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:31 PM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 16 November 2012 - 11:38 PM.

I love double action.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

I used I have a figure of RoboCop when I was a kid. It was about a foot high an had the leg holster thingy. His helmet also came off. Loved it.

Anyway, I much prefer RoboCop looking more like a Robot than a dark suity ma.

Funny, I think the director is Brazilian. I wonder how he feels about people calling him Jose, like hosŤ

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

I don't get it. Are they making a silver RoboCop and then changing his suit to black eventually or are they making two RoboCops?

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (Tommy34 @ Tuesday, Sep 18 2012, 16:34)
As big Robocop fan, who had seen the movie over 10 times and list is as one of my favorite I must say that this "suit" is terrible. The name of the movie says it all "RoboCop," and this doesn't look like Robo at all.

There were two (maybe three) movies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users