» «
Photo

How do I edit Free Mode Spawn Settings?

3 replies to this topic
Starship Ghost
  • Starship Ghost

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:37 PM Edited by Starship Ghost, 14 September 2012 - 11:16 PM.

I want to do this for Free Mode Online GTA IV: EFLC 1.1.2.0 .... I would like to know the best way to edit a Free Mode map for everyone to see the changes in the match that I am hosting (TBoGT). I know I can add cars/objects with Simple Native Trainer 6.4 and just load them from the menu at their spawn locations for everyone to see in the game. However, they don't stay throughout the whole game, well the objects do but not cars I am spawning in certain spawn locations. I also want to add some spawn objects in a few areas, nothing too fancy just some decoration for a few spots like one on the beach and one in the yard of a certain house, and one in a penthouse. Lastly, I want to replace most of the weapon drop locations that are set when the match starts in Free Mode. This is because I don't like certain weapons and I am trying to make a competitive Free Mode that is fine tuned. I want to use a mix of Episodic Weapons and Original GTA IV weapons on the maps instead of all Episodic, like replacing the weapon that spawns at the baseball field with a baseball bat (example). Also a quick question if it is possible to put a TLAD weapon in a Gay Tony Free Mode weapon spawn slot? Like the pistol or shotgun?

What is the best way to go about doing this? Native Trainer is the easiest but don't think it can do all of that how I want. I guess I have to edit my files so it is a permanent change? Which files, etc.? Which program do I use to find out what I need to change?

Thanks guys all help is much appreciated. I am dedicated to making Free Mode map that is ideal for people who want to play correctly. orly.gif
(No God-Mode, No Teleporting, No Modded Weapons, No Cheating, Actually driving to locations and picking weapons up from the map, etc... Of course, it will have to be private)

I'm also looking to spawn certain peds in certain areas of the map...like strippers in the strip club that everyone will see in Free Roam, making them have a task of dancing like in single player. I'm just trying to edit free mode a bit to be more fun and have more variety. If the peds are killed, I want their bodies to eventually disappear and respawn. Thanks

brandon236
  • brandon236

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:40 PM Edited by Barguast, 18 September 2012 - 01:46 PM.

tl;dnr

USER WARNED FOR THIS POST

Starship Ghost
  • Starship Ghost

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (brandon236 @ Sunday, Sep 16 2012, 19:40)
tl;dnr

I want to change weapon spawns, add a few car spawns, and add some ped spawns with tasks in EFLC Free Mode. Is that short enough for you?

Vintage88
  • Vintage88

Lost MC | VP

• Members

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

Parked car mod: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=487035
- Set 20 cars around the map and they load on each game

Car shop mod: http://www.gtagarage...how.php?id=8824
- Will place 6-8 different peds around the map as salesmen

Not perfect by any means but combined with some other mods that place peds (look in scripts section of GTA4-mods) could help to add realism. You could then fill in the gaps manually, practice makes perfect and I reckon in time you could setup several different ped hang-outs in just 15 minutes (as I can due to lots of practice).

You can put "God Mode" on the peds, not a perfect solution but seeing as they won't respawn, at least they won't die. You can also freeze them if you like (also with SNT), which means there animations and standing location won't be interrupted.
  • Starship Ghost likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users