Photo

Grove Street in GTA V

49 replies to this topic
aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

Was there any streets in GTA III that were also in GTA IV?

YukiEiri
  • YukiEiri

l33t nekkid skillz...

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (aaronimpact @ Wednesday, Sep 12 2012, 13:23)
Was there any streets in GTA III that were also in GTA IV?

Staunton Island - Algoinquin.

GTA III was not based solely on New York the way IV was, so .. comparising it directly is not suitable.
San Andreas on the other hand HAS Los Santos in it -> V is set in Los Santos.

So it is natural to expect to see the same neighbourhoods in it.
Especially as meaningful and "central" (to the SA plot) as Grove Street.

Sean5
  • Sean5

Erin go Braugh

• Members

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (Wjlld @ Wednesday, Sep 12 2012, 04:55)
Dude read this.

V

It's called an easter egg. Things have returned. EG; all the protags names sprayed on the wall in IV.

ArvutiN7
  • ArvutiN7

I never asked for this.

• Members

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

Grove street. Home, at least it was before I f*cked everything up.

Seeing grove street in GTA V would surely make my day though biggrin.gif

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

I have a strong feeling we'll see a reference to them, MAYBE just maybe they WILL have Grove Street members and the street

fitbikesbmx
  • fitbikesbmx

V

• Members

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

I mean, it's confirmed that Vinewood is returning, so why can't there be some sort of Grove St. reference?

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

I believe people got something wrong in the old mansion, it's looks and location are more similar to the Cartel mansion than Salvatore's.
Anyway, I'd like to see Grove Street, just a nod. It doesn't have to actually have CJ's or Sweet's or Ryder's or anyone else's house. Just make sure there's a blue Greenwood in it.

iTruth
  • iTruth

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

My idea is that we won't see any real Families influence out there, we might listen to a ped's talk, like a barber or some old graffiti, because althrough the afro-american gang presence is still noticed in LA, it's the hispanic gangs that are dominating.

If GTA V will feature a "regenaration of SoCal" then we can expect to see Compton (or in this case Ganton) and it would be nice if they featuref a dead-end street like the one where CJ lived.

Ryanbashaw
  • Ryanbashaw

Seattle, Washington

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:08 AM

All this talk just makes me wish they would make real sequels to some games, because I would like to know how the characters lives change after the first game is over. I imagine CJ to be a rich king pin maybe getting youth at risk to change their life around and be a community leader.

Coat.
  • Coat.

homage

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE (fitbikesbmx @ Wednesday, Sep 12 2012, 20:56)
I mean, it's confirmed that Vinewood is returning, so why can't there be some sort of Grove St. reference?

Vinewood is a district in both San Andreas and now V. Much like Downtown Los Santos will return and many other names that exsisted from San Andreas. Grove Street isn't a district, and wouldn't play a massive role in V. Although, Ganton on the other hand may return.

BUT, it isn't that big of a district and since Ganton was a big part of SA, I will say the name will change and all gangs will be all brand new.

I personally think they will be culde-sacs around that area since there are real ones in Los Angeles. That's what Grove was inspired from.

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Wednesday, Sep 12 2012, 06:29)
Just like there was no Saint Mark's in IV Liberty City, I expect a similarly reinvented Los Santos and few if any references to the old SA.

Now, we'll certainly get locations based on the same real-life ones as Ganton, Idlewood etc. were. If it's LA, there's going to be hood. Bear in mind of course we'll be in the current day and not 1992.

this. if they're going to reference the old SA it'll be a small joke or easter egg, but they won't recreate entire locations. They'll just reinterpret the real world inspirations for them, so I'm sure you can find a similar cul de sac in V, but it won't mean anything.

john blane
  • john blane

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:57 AM

first thing i'll do in V (after the welcome mission) is search for Grove St.

grove street will have been demolished and the only hint that you are on what was once grove street will be the plaque to commemorate the hero police officer Frank Tenpenny who was murdered there by a violent gang of 'didnt make it past third grade' hoods. that'll take some searching for.

YukiEiri
  • YukiEiri

l33t nekkid skillz...

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE (john blane @ Thursday, Sep 13 2012, 09:57)
first thing i'll do in V (after the welcome mission) is search for Grove St.

grove street will have been demolished and the only hint that you are on what was once grove street will be the plaque to commemorate the hero police officer Frank Tenpenny who was murdered there by a violent gang of 'didnt make it past third grade' hoods. that'll take some searching for.

Uuuu! I like this idea! smile.gif

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:42 AM

Other references to the Grove could be
- section of the bridge crossover that looks repaired, as in the bricks look newer than the surrounding brickwork. This shows the spot where the firetruck crashed in E O T L
-Grove Street got turned into a park with a statue of CJ in the middle with some commemorative speech written at the base
-Grove Street is there but all the houses are trashed and graffiti written all over them by Ballas in purple paint. If you are smart you can shoot the wooden boards off the doors and go inside to have a look
- When you enter the Johnson house a little easter egg mission starts. HD version of CJ coming home and then doing that mission where you ride back to the Grove. That would be cool
- The only way you can get into Grove St is thru a gap in the fence near the waterway, behind the Grove St houses. So when you go through there behind the houses and come out into the circled road its more of a surprise to see it all
-Grove St is blocked off by a wall big enough to not be able to jump and climb over. The only way to get over is do a super bunny hop on a bmx, this would pay homage to CJ's bmx skill
-Scary easter egg - you enter CJ's house and CJ leaps at you with a baseball bat 'YOU IN THE WRONG HOUSE FOOL!' and you can't kill him he just destroys you until you get the hell outta there. Anyway, these are all easter egg ideas I have had.

GTAxYushix
  • GTAxYushix

Leave me alone.

• Members

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

Just a trashed grove st would be cool... nothing more... SA is SA and V is V..

noobtom
  • noobtom

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

I get a feeling that CJ will be included in GTA V

Im predicting in the 1st mission we will see CJ in his house in Grove St, chilling with his kids.

He may not be the main protagonist but he will be someone who will assist us in missions, like Ryder and Big smoke in the early GTA SA missions.

I expect at least few gangs to be there in gta 5...mafias and families are boring. In GTA SA it was a fun experience to play as a gangster, rolling with your homies in a lowrider and taking down enemy territories. It was not the same in GTA IV sad.gif

GTA SA was in 1992 ? correct me if im wrong
GTA V will be in present day (2013?)

So, even 20 years onwards there is no reason there CANT be any gangs.

RETURN OF GROVE STREET FAMILIES

YEAH!

noobtom
  • noobtom

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:32 AM

bump to hear moar thoughts

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:56 AM Edited by simonp92, 23 September 2012 - 07:13 AM.

Have you even played IV? Where anything we saw in GTA III in there ? Nope. I hardly think we'll see anything from San Andreas, Your best bet would be a street named Grove Street, just like we had Claudes clothes in IV: Something really small and subtle. CJ won't be in V.

Also from a more logical point of view: It's been exactly 20 years since the events of San Andreas, and I think LA was a very different city 20 years ago, just like I'm sure LS will be.

GTA fan from the United Kingdom
  • GTA fan from the United Kingdom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (iTruth @ Wednesday, Sep 12 2012, 22:56)
althrough the afro-american gang presence is still noticed in LA, it's the hispanic gangs that are dominating.

This.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Mexican_Mafia

Emergency_Room
  • Emergency_Room

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:51 AM

Leave Grove Street in but do this.

-The Freeway behind OG Loc's house was widened this resulted in every house on that side being demolished. Now there is a line of palm trees and shrubbery between Grove Street and the freeway.
-The bridge over Grove St has been replaced by a regular concrete bridge
-There is now a bike trail along the flood channel
-The houses between the cul de sac and the river channel are gone and replaced by a grassy area and walking trail. Where Sweet's house was are now picnic tables.
-In the middle of the Cul de sac is a grassy area with a modern art sculpture
-In the area on the other side of the bridge is a tennis court, playground, and basketball court
-Where Kendl, Ryder, and CJ lived is all now a parking lot.

On the in game internet I would have a link to a page discussing the 21st Century Urban Renewal project. With a page and history dedicated to Grove Street saying
"Once a hot-bed of gang activity and home to some of the worst eyesores in Los Santos. The area now known as Grove Street Park is one of the safest and most beautiful areas in the city and a model for future urban renewal projects.

The rebirth of Grove Street began in 1997 with the planned widening and improvement of the Ganton Freeway. Once heavily congested and a massive eyesore the entire freeway was closed on January 14 1998 and completely demolished and rebuilt. The freeway is now 8 lanes and has bushes and trees in the median as well as on the sides. During this time all the dilapidated bridges crossing the freeway were replaced by modern bridges. The new section of freeway opened on January 1, 2000 and was renamed the Millennium Freeway.

The next movement to improve Grove Street came with the next phase of the Los Santos River Bike trail. In September 2000 Los Santos announced the plans to build Grove Street Park which would be a key point on the Los Santos River Bike Trail.. On May 6, 2006 demolition began on all remaining Grove Street structures as well as many other structures in the area. On April 19, 2010 Grove Street park opened to rave reviews. The park includes a playground, tennis courts, picnic tables, restrooms, walking, and biking."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users