» «
Photo

My Big Beat Essentials.

11 replies to this topic
l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:15 PM Edited by ludi911, 11 September 2012 - 05:17 PM.

user posted image
ok, Big Beat is my favorite genre of music .
I made yt playlist of my favorite Big beat music. (and music close to it)
(note: this is no top list, it is totally subjective)
Listen, enjoy
tell me what Big beat you like.
Listen !
peace

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

I'm actually relatively new to big beat. I mean I've listened to a couple Prodigy tracks, but I never knew there was a separate genre for that kind of music. Only came to know about the existence of a separate genre recently.

I'm checking out your playlist, and I'm absolutely in love with the Pizzaman track. Really nice.

Thanks for the playlist man, been meaning to check out big beat for a while now.

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (Warlord. @ Monday, Sep 24 2012, 13:34)
I'm actually relatively new to big beat. I mean I've listened to a couple Prodigy tracks, but I never knew there was a separate genre for that kind of music. Only came to know about the existence of a separate genre recently.

I'm checking out your playlist, and I'm absolutely in love with the Pizzaman track. Really nice.

Thanks for the playlist man, been meaning to check out big beat for a while now.

Big Beat is best music genre ever.
Im glad you like my playlist.
peace

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:29 PM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 16 October 2012 - 03:33 PM.

I especially like this track for it's Big Beat sound...

This cover of Depeche Mode's wrong with a Big Beat sound..love the cymbal crashes...aw teh sex of it all!

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

ThePinkFloydSound it seams that you like the "Darkside" big beat more than the sunny side that i like the most , anyway those are good tracks.

ps. this is track i made
http://soundcloud.co.../qraw-play-this

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

Ron Swanson, A Swan Song.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (Warlord. @ Monday, Sep 24 2012, 14:34)
I never knew there was a separate genre for that kind of music.

I'm sort of on the same page as this. I guessed there might have been a genre for it, seeing as everything does these days, but I had no idea what it was called. I feel like this with a lot of music I listen to which is a shame as it can sometimes stop me from finding more of what I like. Although, YouTube's suggestions are pretty damn good sometimes.

Thanks for sharing this playlist, man. Some bloody nice tracks going on icon14.gif I love Fatboy Slim so it's cool to see him pop up. I really like that Telephunken track as well as the Torpedo Boys one. It's this on-the-fence vibe of being between chilled yet energetic that really makes this kind of music very interesting. I've only got a few tracks into the playlist but I can confidently say that I'll be listening to it for a while.

Also, I have to say, Cornershop's "Brimful Of Asha" getting remixed by Norman Cook is one of the best things that happened when I was younger. I adore the hell out of that song for many reasons so it's great to see it appear in this list.

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (TheGreatGig23 @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 18:24)
QUOTE (Warlord. @ Monday, Sep 24 2012, 14:34)
I never knew there was a separate genre for that kind of music.

I'm sort of on the same page as this. I guessed there might have been a genre for it, seeing as everything does these days, but I had no idea what it was called. I feel like this with a lot of music I listen to which is a shame as it can sometimes stop me from finding more of what I like. Although, YouTube's suggestions are pretty damn good sometimes.

Thanks for sharing this playlist, man. Some bloody nice tracks going on icon14.gif I love Fatboy Slim so it's cool to see him pop up. I really like that Telephunken track as well as the Torpedo Boys one. It's this on-the-fence vibe of being between chilled yet energetic that really makes this kind of music very interesting. I've only got a few tracks into the playlist but I can confidently say that I'll be listening to it for a while.

Also, I have to say, Cornershop's "Brimful Of Asha" getting remixed by Norman Cook is one of the best things that happened when I was younger. I adore the hell out of that song for many reasons so it's great to see it appear in this list.

Thank you for listening to my playlist.
Im glad you like it soo far wink.gif

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:30 AM

Hey ludi, can you recommend some more tracks on the happy side of big beat like Happiness by Pizzaman?

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (Warlord. @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 05:30)
Hey ludi, can you recommend some more tracks on the happy side of big beat like Happiness by Pizzaman?

did you listen to whole playlist? It is full of sunny tracks.
interesting fact: Pizzaman one of Norm's (fatboyslim) nicknames
some more:

http://www.youtube.c...ture=plpp_video
(BOOTSY COLLINS is also Fatboyslim wow.gif smile.gif )
more pop/vocal (its dont mean "bad" at all) tracks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbCnUY29v4E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzLT6_TQmq8
i will add more but now i must go. wink.gif

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (ludi911 @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 16:44)
ThePinkFloydSound it seams that you like the "Darkside" big beat more than the sunny side that i like the most , anyway those are good tracks.

ps. this is track i made
http://soundcloud.co.../qraw-play-this

I'm not really just in to one side. I like Chemical Bros big beat stuff as well. I just posted 2 more darker tracks. But yes, I do love a dark and danky track when I hear one. icon14.gif

Sorry, can't hear your tack until I'm at home.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

Speaking of Big Beat, Zane Lowe is doing a special episode of his radio show as part of his Masterpiece series. Tonight's episode is about the Chemical Brothers' album 'Dig Your Own Hole.' He interviews the guys, talks about the album and then plays it in full, uninterrupted. Monday's episode was on the QOTSA album 'Songs For The Deaf' and it was brilliant.

BBC Radio 1 at 7PM, Thursday 6th December.

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

just wanted to share new BB sound :

https://soundcloud.c...obimuze/alright

made by me, hope you will enjoy

some feedback will be cool

peace ,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users