Photo

Newbie question - for my son

10 replies to this topic
madatna
  • madatna

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

Can anyone help me out - my son is driving me nuts with this game!!!

He cant get to the next island - and he cant do the jump so is trying to get the subway which appears to be closed everytime he checks in.

He is not fast enough for the cheats (think this means all the pressing of buttons during a stunt performance), and Im open to correction on this as I havn't a clue about this game or the PSP and how to use it blush.gif mercie_blink.gif

Im guessing he has to follow on screen instructions?

Thanks if you can help us out smile.gif

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

The subway will open only if he passes the mission, as well as the island.

Try to do the jump a bit slower, it's not really that hard. smile.gif

BlackGuard
  • BlackGuard

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

You have to complete the storyline missions before you can get to the second island. When you're starting a new game, you will be instructed to get in a car and drive to certain places. When you're done, you will get a 'mission passed' message. Look at the mini map in the bottom left corner. There will be a blue V. Get to it and you will see a yellow sphere. Walk into it to start the next mission. More characters will give you missions as you progress through the storyline and you will eventually get to the next island.
I don't know which jump you are talking about though.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

By the jump he probably meant jumping over unfinished Callahan bridge.

madatna
  • madatna

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

Thanks everyone, yes its the unfinished Callahan bridge we tried jumping (he made me try too blush.gif ), and I died confused.gif

I think pressing the L up down R whatever it is, (Cheats?) has to be done super quick before we hit the water? We cant get it right (and he's better on the PSP controls than I am but I don't think he knows the controls by heart yet....)

Any other tips welcome, its frustrating for him (but he's off now and apparently knows what mission he has to do....)

I'll leave him try again mercie_blink.gif

Cheers smile.gif

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

Try going in a straight line exactly with the jump without turning or such.

madatna
  • madatna

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

Im going to try and locate a list of the missions he has to complete, as he doesn't know what to do or in what order to do it!!

Thanks for the help and tips guys, (PrometheusX - he's tried it loads of times confused.gif )

Cheers.

BlackGuard
  • BlackGuard

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Monday, Sep 10 2012, 19:39)

But you can't jump over the Callahan bridge before you complete the storyline missions in Portland (first island).
The developers went to great efforts to restrict the player to the first island early on in the game so there is no way that you can jump over the bridge before completing those missions.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (BlackGuard @ Monday, Sep 10 2012, 21:55)
QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Monday, Sep 10 2012, 19:39)

But you can't jump over the Callahan bridge before you complete the storyline missions in Portland (first island).
The developers went to great efforts to restrict the player to the first island early on in the game so there is no way that you can jump over the bridge before completing those missions.

Oh, I thought he was trying to do it during the mission.

You're right, it won't work unless you do it in the mission Driving Mr. Leone.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:16 PM

If he doesn't want to do missions, there are 2 options.

1. Download a save off the internet.
2. Use the Cars Drive on Water cheat.
CIRCLE, X, DOWN, CIRCLE, X, UP, L1, L1

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

To get to the 2nd island, finish all of the missions in Portland. Have a look at the mini map. There will be a big letter V or S like that. Go to the location and stand in the yellow spot then the next mission begins.
Oh I think I know the problem, when you drive over Callahan Bridge, be on the RIGHT SIDE of the road. There is a ramp, just drive straight and with good pace you will make the jump easy. If he's driving on the left side then yeah he will crash into the water. Try not to use cheats it spoils the game so enough with the cheats already

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users