Photo

The Lost & Damned Players Lounge

66 replies to this topic
Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

Inactive Account

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:09 PM Edited by Mr. Reaper., 22 September 2012 - 01:51 PM.

user posted image

Welcome to The Players Lounge!

This topic, is dedicated to those of us that love sticking the finger to the man!

If your into the dark life of an Outlaw Biker, then this is the place for you!

Despite common belief TL&D isn't dead.
That's a fact for PSN, I have faith it's still lives of Xbox and PC also.

Admittedly, it may be the least active of the three IV Era games, but dead?
No. It's fair from dead.

So if you love Bikes, Beer and Booty! This is for you!

Ground Rules!

Despite the fact we are all bad-ass motherf#%kers, we need ground rules!

So read the list below, before you start posting.

• No claims of TBoGT being Better, this ain't the place.
  • No claiming TL&D Sucked. Again this ain't the place.
  • No gang related arguments, MP Gangs, that is.
  • Follow other GTAF Rules, Be respectful and civil.
What do we do here?

This lounge is for dedicated discussion amongst the players of TL&D!

But more importantly an area to organize Multiplayer get together for liked minded players and arrange games for TL&D 's Game Modes!

Because really, what's more fun than racing full throttle down an open highway!

List of Active Players!

GTAForums Username
Gaming ID
Platform
Ddog1450 THR-MC_BEZERKPlayStation
Mr. Reaper. THR-MC_PRESIDENTPlayStation
Officer Will Troll TSA TROLLXbox 360 - DLC
SARDYNA108 SARDYNA16PC
-- ----
-- ----
-- ----
-- ----
-- ----
Request to be Added!

CODE
[tableb]
[tr]
[th][color=IndianRed]GTAF ID[/color][/th]
[th]Gaming ID[/th]
[th]Platform[/th]
[/tr]
[/tableb]

Our Sponsors!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Sponsored Events!

user posted image
PlayStation Network
It's based on TLaD, and here is the basic idea. 16 players in a race, on bikes,
but you don't race, we all go peacefully to a certain site (enclosed arena),
once everyone is there, a countdown begins, then all hell breaks loose,
you ride, you dodge, you whack, you die or you win.
It's everyman for himself, once you die, you're out.

Check it out: Clubbed [PSN]

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

Inactive Account

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

So let's get this ball rolling!

What was your favorite addition in TL&D?

Personally, I loved the array of added bikes and the fact they let you use the Sawn-Off whilst riding was amazing, I love it!

I also love in races how you can use a bat against your opponents, greatly reminded me of Road Rash from my childhood!

But, what did you love?

ddog1450
  • ddog1450

Talk sh*t behind that screen.

• Members

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:23 PM Edited by ddog1450, 09 September 2012 - 04:26 PM.

Ddog1450 THR-MC_BEZERKPlaystation

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

Inactive Account

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (ddog1450 @ Sunday, Sep 9 2012, 16:23)
Ddog1450 THR-MC_BEZERKPlaystation

I'll add you soon,

But in future, try to contribute to the chat, this isn't just a list! icon14.gif

ddog1450
  • ddog1450

Talk sh*t behind that screen.

• Members

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

One of my favorite additions is the striker shotgun its fully automatic is awesome.

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:17 PM Edited by SARDYNA108, 09 September 2012 - 07:20 PM.

SARDYNA108 SARDYNA16 PC

My favourite addition was the shotgun which can be used on bike also all TLaD multiplayer game modes are great, Im always ready to play Chopper vs Chopper or any other TLaD ranked game mode, I just dont like Free Mode too much.

I have faith it's still lives of Xbox and PC also.

Well there is no TLaD regular players on PC but there are usualy some newbies at Free Modes which dont play the game longer than a week or so. Shame the whole GTA community has to be splited into 3 platforms, if it would be only 1 TLaD servers would be still pretty busy confused.gif

Inked.
  • Inked.

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:18 AM

X360 wouldn't be so dead, if Rockstar would of been adults and handled their game.

The main issue with compatability between the disc and DLC is map issues. Because the disc runs off TBoGT map, DLC has it's own. But it would not be difficult at all for them to update the DLC map to the TBoGT map.

But of course they don't, so we lack players. I miss Witness Protection games qq =(

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Born to Lose, Live to Win

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:02 AM Edited by Majestic81, 10 September 2012 - 07:06 AM.

QUOTE (SARDYNA108 @ Sunday, Sep 9 2012, 19:17)
Well there is no TLaD regular players on PC but there are usualy some newbies at Free Modes which dont play the game longer than a week or so.

Ah man confused.gif , there is still some players who plays on PC regularly... such as myself, and my gang.
let us know if you'd like to do some freemodes or races with us. icon14.gif

Not sure what my favorite addition is.... i loved almost everything in TLAD, from the bikes... to the stripper dancing at the lost clubhouse....

I guess i liked characters like Johnny, even Billy and Brian made an impact on the story..
The arm wrestling was a kick ass feature too.

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE (Majestic81 @ Monday, Sep 10 2012, 07:02)

Free Modes and Races are the only modes which Im not interested in, TLaD Races are pretty funny with those bats but playing them once a few months at R* events is enough for me smile.gif I like Chopper vs Chopper, Witness Protection, Lone Wolf Biker, Own The City and Deathmatches icon14.gif

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (SARDYNA108 @ Monday, Sep 10 2012, 09:30)

Free Modes and Races are the only modes which Im not interested in, TLaD Races are pretty funny with those bats but playing them once a few months at R* events is enough for me smile.gif I like Chopper vs Chopper, Witness Protection, Lone Wolf Biker, Own The City and Deathmatches icon14.gif

Well, were basically on freemods all the time, we create our own, not public... some of us like to do small deathmatchs whenever we feel like we wanna shoot each other.

This is our page, feel free to add some of us.

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (Majestic81 @ Monday, Sep 10 2012, 10:34)
QUOTE (SARDYNA108 @ Monday, Sep 10 2012, 09:30)

Well, were basically on freemods all the time, we create our own, not public... some of us like to do small deathmatchs whenever we feel like we wanna shoot each other.

This is our page, feel free to add some of us.

Yep, I saw it some time ago, I dont like to play with trainers or any other kind of mods

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

Inactive Account

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:25 PM

I agree with Will, if Rockstar had simply patched the server issues for Live, I think the game would've gotten a better reputation.

One thing that's really angered me with Rockstar is they still do "Events" for PSN and Xbox the simple play with our developers get together.
The say to Live Users "Don't worry about the version you have when we host it's on both servers!"

I feel that, that is a virtual "f*ck You" right in the face of all Xbox Users, and if they can connect and play of both server why did the patch it when they first noticed the issue, it's a bit lack now, but still I'd welcome it.

Inked.
  • Inked.

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

Yeah, I mean, if it's that easy for them, that they can host games that are compatible to both versions, why isn't the game itself actually fixed. It would make sense because it would probably give a small up in sales, and actually grasp players. It's pretty stupid that I can play TBoGT, the DLC with horrendously OP weapons, retarded animations, and a lack of customization with my friends regardless of DLC or Disk, but TLAD, the DLC that has the best customizations, awesome animations (Seriously, try standing still with an AK, it looks really good), and decent weapons is so difficult to find players because of the issues. Especially Wit Pro games, because I remember when TLAD came out, there were some hard core Wit Pro players, it was very active, and it was like Cops n Crooks as is now. I remember all the different strategies for it.

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

Inactive Account

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:35 PM Edited by Mr. Reaper., 10 September 2012 - 03:40 PM.

I personally loved Witness Protection, hell I still do.

But nowadays I can only played it rarely on weekends, or through a planned game.

It would've taken Rockstar a mere few hours at the most to upload the files as a patch as opposed to uploading it to merely their internal systems.

As you said, it would probably boost sales, hell I'm confident it even would now.
Because how many GTAF Users alone would purchase it cheaply on Disc even as a pack to free up some HDD Space.

I know if I was an Xboxer, I would. Hell I did for my PS3.

I couldn't agree more with your statements regarding TL&D as the superior addition, granted IV is the overall greatest as it should, it's a standalone game.

I really felt TBoGT was cheaply made in a rush just to claim some quick bucks by chucking in GTA:SA's Highlights such as Parachutes, Nitrous and Military vehicles, Fight Club amongst other things. But the animation as you said are terrible, you run like you have stick up your ass when your idle your guys that no looking around, adjusting weapons sights or anything and you seem to climb in such a basic manner Niko would grunt and Johhny seem to climb slower, but Luis so basic and plain.

As for the multiplayer, TBoGT was stripped of any unique modes and given the three core modes and any modern game, Death-match, Race, Free Mode. Your character have retarded cheap animations the models even look cheaper so do the clothes, which brings up the limited choice of clothing for your Player Model, TL&D by far has the best MP Customization I mean you had Hair, Head, Torso, Legs, Face, Arms, Glasses, Hats. Each category also have many different options. Were as TBoGT Had the basic categories from IV and very limited options.

I can never have an valid argument with a TBoGT Lover as they claim the most pointless bullsh*t, Better Guns? Bitch Please.

Inked.
  • Inked.

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

All of TBoGT's guns are OP. Example: The SAW. 200 Rounds, Accurate. If you need to stop a vehicle, just use that from a chopper and vehicles become pointless.

What they did in multiplayer was they took the 3 main modes, and tried to improve them. They added NOS in Races, cool but, honestly, that should of been there from the get go. Why cant I get NOS in a free mode and street race there? Or run from people with NOS? They tried to CoD-ify the TDM and DM modes, by adding kill streaks and smaller locations. But that doesn't work. The thing that always put GTA and IV ahead with it's TDM's is, you felt like part of the criminal underworld in a large scale battle for your crew. Even if the map was set on bohan, you could go elsewhere, but weapons wouldn't spawn and you'd spawn back in Bohan, which posed advantages and disadvantages. Helicopters were still able to get gained, and they werent OP like in the DLC's, so those with actual skill could fly a chopper and a good chopper pilot can do alot of work. Choppers made the game interesting, like I remember a couple times we went into freemodes to do our usual killing off of the mafia's and randoms, and Bagel flew a chopper and hovered it, and I just sat in the back with an M4 popping kids in the head from the sky.

It gives you unique challenges, or like firetruck users or just cars in general. It changes the gameplay, it's not heres your primary, your secondary, some grenades and run around this map that has been coincidently confined. It's, heres a gun, theres more on the map, go where you want just fight for the win.

Customization in TLAD was the greatest. I mean, yes some of the clothes were MC themed, which I understand not everyone likes, but alot of pieces should of been there from the start. Balacava's, Bandanas, Tattoo's, etc etc.

I think, if they had reintroduced DLC and Disc to be compatible, it would raise sales as people could get either, and probably what ever is cheaper, for the sake they could play with friends. And it would be more active. Because, do you know how difficult it is to organize a TLAD wide event with your crew, when half half DLC, half have Disc? It's a nightmare as I have to ask "Do you have DLC?"

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

Inactive Account

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

You just keep on hitting the nail right of the head with your Soviet Hammer! icon14.gif

I can only imagine the pain in the ass it is to organize an event with users needing to have the same game,
I mean it's difficult enough keeping everyone happy with times and settings that all can enjoy.
The added factor of needing that version of the game would be painstaking.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed TBoGT for a little awhile, I think we all did.
But it got old, real fast.

It's unarguably the lesser, you can argue it's good but not that it's better.

Inked.
  • Inked.

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:17 PM Edited by Officer Will Troll, 10 September 2012 - 04:20 PM.

TBoGT is good for certain things. Parachutes are fun, the interiors are cool, and they added some cool unique vehicles. If you're looking for a good time to mess around and use OP weapons, TBoGT is perfect. But besides that, theres not much that made it very special.

I remember it being very difficult to organize something in TLAD, because my co-leader has Disc, I have DLC, my 3iC has DLC, and I don't even think my 4iC has it. Then I had to weave through the entire roster, finding out who had what. Needless to say, I think I only managed to get enough people for a 6 person wit pro game once. And I mean, I would make an event in the events section and continue Windy's Outlaw Bikers, but I lose half of the potential players. Not only that, theres more on the Disc than DLC, because the Disc was a good advantage. If you came into GTA IV late, and you wanted add-ons, well here, $20 and you got both add-ons on a single disc in one go. Where I was a loyalist, I had TLAD the day after it came out, so because I was willing to pay $20 for BOTH DLC's, and paid full price, not to mention the 3 copies of GTA IV I've had to buy because I play the game till it breaks, I'm still screwed on playing it, even privately now. Bad enough modders are everywhere.

Officer Will Troll TSA TROLLXbox 360 - DLC

By the way Reaper, might want to add the tableb tags to the code, so when they CnP it'll work =P

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

Inactive Account

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

As you said, TBoGT isn't all bad but it's nothing special.

I pissed away a decent wad of cash for the episodes myself.

I had IV from Launch, then I got The Episodes of Liberty City on it's PS3 Launch,
Then for some reason, something possessed me to purchase The Complete Edition also.

Despite the fact PSN has recently had a Modder Outbreak I've only ever encountered two on TL&D.
I guess they figure it's a dead game so they have no one to abuse with their 'power' so they play TBoGT or IV.

I'll edit the code now! icon14.gif

Inked.
  • Inked.

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

Yeah, most are too busy modding in GTA IV.

Apparently, using 3rd party mods in a TDM makes you skilled now.

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

Inactive Account

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

I remember when I first started playing IV, there wasn't even a mention of mods.

But then after awhile, I started being labelled as a Turbo User, or a Frag EX User, and before long apparently any one that could bet you in a game had one of these devices.

No one seems to be willing to admit they were legitimately out played, there always has to be some excuse or fall back which keeps their ego afloat.

Inked.
  • Inked.

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

Thats pretty much true for all games. I mean, I'm godlike at Gears 2 and people always accused me of 'Host' or whatever. The thing was, you could out-beat a Turbo user. Turbo's still required a little skill, it just took the harder part away so if you could do the easy part, you could get kills but they were still able to be taken down, easily. Mods however, are not the case. Godmode + fire, you wont win unless you have your own modder/host booter.

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

Inactive Account

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

Agreed I hate Turbo Users, I've met a few.

But I'd gladly go against a Turbo rather than a Modder, at least the Turbo User can be killed.

Modding really, is pathetic on Consoles.

It's expected on PC, but even then there should be an option for purely legit players.

Inked.
  • Inked.

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

Modding for fun, privately, is cool. It can be really fun, and if you like to make videos, really useful.

Anyway, I hope they return a form of Wit Pro in V, cause that was a really fun game mode. And I remember, there were specific tactics, especially in the beginning. I liked how, there was a tactic for the beginning of the match for the cops side, but there was also a criminal tactic that counters the first one, which was really cool to have happen.

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:17 PM Edited by Fisciletti, 10 September 2012 - 10:20 PM.

Hello guys. I love T.L.A.D. and I feel like I'm a pro player. I've got all T.L.A.D. trophies on my PlayStation 3 (I didn't finish the game 100% yet). Too bad my PlayStation 3 is dead (by dead I mean broken and I won't fix it) so I can't play it now. Anyways I'm getting a new console soon so I'll leave my details here:

Fisciletti GiovanniAbiPlayStation 3

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

Inactive Account

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

A Word from our Sponsor!

user posted image

Here's a Gem I bet few of you have heard!

Drive By Audio - "Jailbait"

Only lose of you that Downloaded TL&D will have heard Jailbait!
For some reason is was then cut from EFLC and The Complete Edition!

Also, I was searching through the TL&D Files on my PC,
Here's additional tracks that never made it on the air!

The Rolling Stones - "Fingerprint File" (1974)
Steppenwolf - "Ride with Me" (1971)
Tubeway Army - "Bombers" (1978)
Nazareth - "Changin' Times" (1975)
Black Oak Arkansas - "Hot and Nasty" (1971)
Breakwater - "Release the Beast" (1980)
New York Dolls - "Private World" (1973)
The Doobie Brothers - "Long Train Runnin'" (1973)
Warren Zevon - "Lawyers, Guns and Money" (1978)
Python Lee Jackson feat. Rod Stewart - "In a Broken Dream" (1972)
Rare Earth - "(I Know) I'm Losing You" (1970)
Robin Trower - "Day of the Eagle" (1974)
Billy Squier - "The Stroke" (1981)
Ted Nugent - "Hey Baby" (1975)
The Cult - "Born to Be Wild" (1987)
Love and Rockets - "Motorcycle" (1989)
Motörhead - "Ace of Spades" (1980)
Iron Maiden - "The Trooper" (1983)
Mötley Crüe - "Kickstart My Heart" (1989)
Judas Priest - "Breaking the Law" (1980)
R.E.M. - "Losing My Religion" (1991)

Personally, I would've loved that line up!

As Iggy says "authentic rock"

--

So what's your favorite song on LRR or even in TL&D as a whole?
Also, share your favorite 'cut' song!

My favorite is by far Iron Maiden - "The Trooper" I f*cking love it!
As for in game, Alice Copper "Go to Hell" but it's hard as I love the entire station!

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:35 PM

Motörhead - Ace of Spades.
Why the f*ck Rockstar decided not to put it in the final release?

From the game i say Iron Maiden - Run To The Hills, song is badass.

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

Inactive Account

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (Majestic81 @ Wednesday, Sep 19 2012, 18:35)
Motörhead - Ace of Spades.
Why the f*ck Rockstar decided not to put it in the final release?

From the game i say Iron Maiden - Run To The Hills, song is badass.

I know right?

The only song I could see being cut is Drive By Audio - "Jailbait"
As it says f*ck a lot, lol.gif

But it was in the game, at least DLC version.

Inked.
  • Inked.

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:05 AM

I honestly, don't listen to the games radio anymore. When I had first gotten the game, I had my volume really loud, and sometimes I'd lower the FX volume and what not just for the music as my crew would take our bikes around. But, now, cant do it. Guess they got old and I think theres alot of different songs I would of chosen, like half of the ones that were cut. Honestly, I don't even really like the radio talk too much, it seems like they tried a little too hard on making that chatter funny and referencing, and as much as I love inter-series or outer-series references, I think they did it too much and not well enough. I think a good reference should be apparent to the series vets more than anyone who picks up the game.

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

Inactive Account

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

@Will:

With LRR, The Host is an actual DJ and musician and he was really just being himself.
I've listened to his shows in Real Life and there is little difference.

But as for other stations, like WKTT the jokes were funny but with the stations being
so short they grew old and tiring real quick and before I knew it I started just turning
the radio off when I rode my bike. The Radio now only gets turnt on when I'm riding
on an open stretch or in formation with my brothers.

Inked.
  • Inked.

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:20 AM

Still not a major fan of the games radio. Preferred SA's a bit. Still prefer to just throw on iTunes with my Turtle Beaches in and listen to the bass melt off my ears from the dubstep.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users