Photo

who hates swag?

114 replies to this topic
ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

Swag is someone wearing baggy pants, flatrim hats, etc. They think nothing can hurt them, etc.

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:11 AM

I hate the word "swag". It's overused and makes people seem dumb..

The One Called Vega
  • The One Called Vega

In actuality, I'm the one called 'vinvegar'...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (InstantCClassic @ Tuesday, Sep 11 2012, 17:11)

Funny enough, where I'm from, the term 'swagger' is used to describe someone who, in general, sucks with technology. For example, say I ask a very uncommon question regarding the computer (or any other type of device) like, "Where's the power button?", I would only expect a real Utahan to reply, "Right in front of you, you f*cking swagger.". tounge2.gif

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:22 AM

There needs to be a meeting to take place about what the definition of these memes and slang words should mean, that way everyone can stop using them inappropriately.

Personally from what I remember, Swag is the stuff you get at conventions, whether you pay for it or not, but it resembles a product you embrace.

I don't hate the word, but there are too many people who over use it or for the wrong reasons.

I hate YOLO more, and bronies I don't care about them.

YOLO has just became retarded. "Ooh Im gonna f*cking kill myself YOLO!" We get the point, you only live once, thanks for the 100th reminder.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Friday, Sep 7 2012, 09:05)
i can imagine ill get a good deal of hate from this, but does anybody else cringe at the word "swag"? It seems really annoying and imature to me. I feel the same way about bronies, rage faces, etc : just dumb fads for dumb people

mad.gif The way it's used nowadays just like "bawling" and etc makes it so annoying to hear. Even when someone uses it properly I hate it because the ways it's been overused and said by dumb teens.

PHARKIN CHERKOV
  • PHARKIN CHERKOV

Nightman Sneaky Mean

• Members

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:57 AM

Hate swag? Are you like 14, bro? Swag is just a definition meaning you look like a boss.

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:26 AM

who needs swag, when you can be true to yourself

HydraulicWaRiOr
  • HydraulicWaRiOr

Moe Boats

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (Carbine23 @ Thursday, Sep 13 2012, 05:26)

That was one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. I'm sorry. But I'm pretty sure attractive clothing won't stop guys like me from watching adventure time and listening to my favorite music. I despise the word, but don't act as if anyone who inserts themself in the same demographic is not true to their nature. Not saying I look completely like those idiots, but I wear skater sh*t. Diamond, Supreme, etc. It brings in compliments.

Linc.
  • Linc.

16 5 5

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE (HydraulicWaRiOr @ Thursday, Sep 13 2012, 16:38)

That was one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. I'm sorry. But I'm pretty sure attractive clothing won't stop guys like me from watching adventure time and listening to my favorite music. I despise the word, but don't act as if anyone who inserts themself in the same demographic is not true to their nature. Not saying I look completely like those idiots, but I wear skater sh*t. Diamond, Supreme, etc. It brings in compliments.

Yeah but the retarded people that use the word 'swag' are the kind of people who think because they 'have swag' they don't need a job or money. They need to learn that swag will get them absolutely no where in life and that to be successful you need a job, not swag.

I actually saw a picture on Facebook once that had a guy and a girl sitting down ad it said across it 'who needs a condom when I have swag?' nervous.gif

It is the most retarded thing ever.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Thursday, Sep 13 2012, 01:26)

Yeah but the retarded people that use the word 'swag' are the kind of people who think because they 'have swag' they don't need a job or money. They need to learn that swag will get them absolutely no where in life and that to be successful you need a job, not swag.

I actually saw a picture on Facebook once that had a guy and a girl sitting down ad it said across it 'who needs a condom when I have swag?' nervous.gif

Dear god are kids these days are f*cking retarded. That was a joke, is it really that hard to see? I've seen so many people taking that one seriously, it's maddening. confused.gif

People like you make the people posting Hplyrikz quotes to Facebook look smart.

Linc.
  • Linc.

16 5 5

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (The-King @ Thursday, Sep 13 2012, 19:28)
QUOTE (lzw3 @ Thursday, Sep 13 2012, 01:26)

Dear god are kids these days are f*cking retarded. That was a joke, is it really that hard to see? I've seen so many people taking that one seriously, it's maddening. confused.gif

People like you make the people posting Hplyrikz quotes to Facebook look smart.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I do actually know that the image is a joke but the actual people posting it as a status is the sad thing. Many people I know post stff about swag and are not having a joke, they do truly believe that having so-called 'swag' makes them a better person.

Forgot to mention that.

Viperman
  • Viperman

Logically Horizontal

• Feroci

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

Around this neck off the woods, a swag, swaggers is slang for an ecstasy pills. Pronounced like sch-we-jers, or a sch-wedge.

DeeperRed
  • DeeperRed

Damn it feels good to be gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:13 AM

Swag is by far the most important commodity around today, if you don't have swag you might as well kill yourself.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (PHARKIN CHERKOV @ Wednesday, Sep 12 2012, 23:57)
Hate swag? Are you like 14, bro? Swag is just a definition meaning you look like a boss.

Most of the people in the US who use it are 14 year olds. So what is your dumb point?

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:38 PM

I mean you can say it's a joke and it probably is, but all the upcoming middle schoolers or high schoolers are acting like "swag" is the way to go and actually taking interest or influence from it

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

I imagine this topic is a lot like parish council meetings in the 50s. All these darn kids trying to be "cool". Why can't they just be prim and proper members of society and put their priorities in order?

Mister Kay
  • Mister Kay

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Saturday, Sep 8 2012, 14:10)
I don't know what's more stupid, this trend or people who get worked up about it. I'm thinking the latter.

My thoughts exactly.

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

Livin' It Up At The Hotel California

• Members

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

It's really big in America. Used way too much which imo is used to tell people "I AM A TOTAL PR*CK!" as someone had said before. Swag is short for swagger.
Swagger: Verb, Walk or behave in a very confident and typically arrogant or aggressive way: "he swaggered along the corridor". Which like the word "snitch" is used incorrectly by ignorant kids, for example over here you will be called a snitch for telling a teacher on an other student. Apparently being overconfident and arrogant is cool now.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

I've Never Heard anyone use the term, it was even rare as 'loot' (well... maybe in a 60s "Batman" TV show)..

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

SWAAAAAAAAAAAAG

BGModder
  • BGModder

Lola's Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:32 PM

lol 'swag' is a word socially awkward kids use because they think cool kids are saying it.

Linc.
  • Linc.

16 5 5

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (BGModder @ Friday, Sep 14 2012, 08:32)
lol 'swag' is a word socially awkward kids use because they think cool kids are saying it.

No, cool kids are saying it because they think it makes them cool.

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (StoneHead37 @ Wednesday, Sep 12 2012, 21:25)
QUOTE (InstantCClassic @ Tuesday, Sep 11 2012, 17:11)

Funny enough, where I'm from, the term 'swagger' is used to describe someone who, in general, sucks with technology. For example, say I ask a very uncommon question regarding the computer (or any other type of device) like, "Where's the power button?", I would only expect a real Utahan to reply, "Right in front of you, you f*cking swagger.". tounge2.gif

Swagger is a word I can dig. Classy too.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE (deepthroatgta6 @ Friday, Sep 14 2012, 03:38)
QUOTE (_____ @ Saturday, Sep 8 2012, 14:10)
I don't know what's more stupid, this trend or people who get worked up about it. I'm thinking the latter.

My thoughts exactly.

Well we're not really getting worked up about it, it's just like a slight annoyance that we wish to discuss, things annoy you and it can't really be helped that much.
In a perfect world nothing would annoy us to any extent at all.

Coat.
  • Coat.

god bless the dead

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:02 AM

I don't have swag; I'm just cool.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users