16 replies to this topic
LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

Hey hooo smile.gif

Recently i decided to make my own clan on call of duty MW3, and in preparation for Black Ops 2. And i realized that not many clans have their own sites they just use their elite page.
And i thought that having a site could be a potentially good idea. Now at the moment there isn't much content as i've only just finished working the theme/layout.

But once i get some recording equipment, get more people signing up etc it will have alot more to display. At the moment i've included some content and a forum, but that's it.

I was wondering if you guys could have a look, let me know what you think and give me some constructive criticism?

MY SITE.

Thanks guys smile.gif

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:47 AM

Just a tip that call of duty website should be opening in a new window.

CODE

<A href="https://elite.callofduty.com/account/create#clan-challenges" target="_blank" title="COD Elite">COD Elite</a><br />

That goes for any other external links on your site too.

TheBoneCountyButcher
  • TheBoneCountyButcher

Ain't That Some sh*t

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:13 AM

I would use a different colour set, as lime green screams 90s. Also, I would get another background, maybe choose a solid colour or some subtle textures from subtletextures.com.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Big Homie

• Members
  • Palau

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:02 AM

I don't like that box that scrolls with the page, it stresses me out, and I'm pretty sure it'd annoy other users too. Also having the top link in the sidebar link to another site seems kind of wrong.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:24 AM

Thanks for the reply guys, like i said this is the first site ive ever made so its good to get some feedback.

@nightwalker83 i think i will take your advice and have external links open in a new window, so that people dont actually have to leave my site to view other pages.

@gta_talk The color scheme itself was to match the MW3 menu, the grey and lime green theme is what they use so i though i would aim for something similar, however the background was just for now, so thanks for the link ill be sure to check it out and see what i can find smile.gif

@zoo3891 And that box annoys the life out of me too, its only recently been added and im trying to find away to make it stick to the page instead of floating with the scroll bar. Believe me, im working on a way to fix that haha.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, it helps alot.

TheBoneCountyButcher
  • TheBoneCountyButcher

Ain't That Some sh*t

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Saturday, Sep 8 2012, 12:24)
@zoo3891 And that box annoys the life out of me too, its only recently been added and im trying to find away to make it stick to the page instead of floating with the scroll bar. Believe me, im working on a way to fix that haha.

Change the element position in the CSS to relative.

Verdant
  • Verdant

Rasta Blasta!

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:10 AM

I love it icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif .
'Clip Of The Day' will be an awesome feature. Keep up the work!

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:13 AM

The theme is awesome. Very clear and the site is visually appealing. Good job. icon14.gif

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

This looks really good.Keep up the good work. icon14.gif

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:54 AM

Good work on the theme dude i like it, also good luck on your new forum as well eh? icon14.gif

OzzySM12
  • OzzySM12

Hmm...

• Members

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

The background image on your site really does not need to be over 1MB. Use this jpeg image which is almost quarter of the size and looks identical.

empire3010
  • empire3010

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:17 AM

Have you thounght adding, free ___ links

PicklePirate
  • PicklePirate

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

you should center it wink.gif

MisterMaster
  • MisterMaster

ahaahhahhaah

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

Keep ya visual things, I think succesful now. Develop your skills n work to new design. You are so succesful now. And never only settle with COD! I think work for different projects, but when you work for new projects, you were work COD (you not neglect COD). But you are so succesful really. Example: work for MOH also... Or GTA, or Battlefield...

zer00
  • zer00

BL0XXRU

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

Nice

http://www.mybannerm....com/Gkbjt.gif' border='0' alt='user posted image' />

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

Colors are a bit annoying, too much "white space" if so to say. Since there isn't too much to put on there there's definitely too much free space.

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

Nice work!

Also, I think you should elaborate on what 'Cod Stats' mean because there are multiple things that could fall into that category.

You give them a box to explain what there Cod stats are, how do they know what information they should include?

or maybe I'm just to thick to realize what should be entered, good luck though really like this idea and I'd probably apply if I had MW3 icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users