Photo

Making Maps

9 replies to this topic
Im Drifting
  • Im Drifting

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

Hey everyone i am wanting to know what do i need to do in order to make a map for gta iv like a race car map? If anyone could tell me what i need that would be great. Thanks

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

do you want new terrain or do you want to add onto IV's map? For the latter, you can simply use a trainer

Im Drifting
  • Im Drifting

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:58 PM

i want to be able to make like a map for myself, like how the desert iv map that you have to put into the gta.dat folder and stuff

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (Im Drifting @ Monday, Sep 10 2012, 13:58)
i want to be able to make like a map for myself, like how the desert iv map that you have to put into the gta.dat folder and stuff

You can either use 3dmax or cityscape

Im Drifting
  • Im Drifting

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

which one do you prefere because i dont know how to make a single thing... Is it hard to make a map or what?

Im Drifting
  • Im Drifting

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:17 PM

CityScape looks really easy to use ill give that a try i just need a download link or whatsoever! And could you give me a few tips at all on making stuff like maps and etc?

aacclapd
  • aacclapd

Map Modder

• Members

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

you need to know this following stuff:
-Textures (tiling or mapping a surface)
-modelling. use cityscape if you want to do it fast and easy(search in google: Cityscape 1.8 autodesk promo)
now you are able to make a map and import it to 3dsmax in the FBX format(export by cityscape)
-LOD's, really important in maps(Level Of Detail) it is a system that prevent to much objects and polygons loading.

i hope it was helpful smile.gif

Im Drifting
  • Im Drifting

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

well i need a tutorial on how to import it i found one on youtube but i dont know if ill be able to get 3ds max 12 do edit it and stuff heres the link maybe you can help me out dude.

twattyballs
  • twattyballs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:59 AM Edited by twattyballs, 08 November 2012 - 01:05 AM.

hi can anybody provide a list of individual objects contained within or required to make a custom map please?~

I.E. glass, doors, frames, walls, paving, roads etc....

do i merge all these together or just group them???
i have already mapped out my road, im yet to add landscape elevation, because i do not know if the roadways need to be seperated or anything, if somebody, ANYBODY, could help me with a detailed list of the components (individual models) contained in a custom map that would help me loads!!

im hoping to make a ONE-OFF custom residential stunt and fun map of the area i grew up, the map includes offroad areas and woodland, recreational areas, shops, bus route, alleyways, hiding places, ramps jumps, roundabouts and speedbumps.

i just need to know how to assemble my map, i am familiar with modelling and do most of my work by hand, and already have other mod makers interested in building new script files for traffic and peds to bring the map to life :-)

here is my map, i will be upscaling and subdividing all roadways to HD quality once i know how to continue :-)
user posted image

user posted image

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

dude, the roads looking niceley icon14.gif do you have sparkIV or openIV? it can tell you where all the individual objects used in IV are, such as streetlights, buildings, etc. are, if thats what you were looking for

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users