Quantcast

» «
Photo

Have you ever bullied someone in life or online?

53 replies to this topic
PHARKIN CHERKOV
  • PHARKIN CHERKOV

Nightman Sneaky Mean

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:10 AM

Have you ever cyberbullied someone or bullied/abused/harrassed someone in real life? Have you ever been a victim of bullying? If you have bullied someone what drove you to do that?

Personally, I always try and stand up/defend people who can't defend themselves. I was beaten by a group for standing up a friend one night out painting the town drunk. I got two black eyes and a broken nose and I'd do it again because it just felt right and it's probably in my nature.

MIKON8ERISBACK
  • MIKON8ERISBACK

My real name is Michael. #FACT.

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (PHARKIN CHERKOV @ Tuesday, Sep 4 2012, 21:10)
Have you ever cyberbullied someone or bullied/abused/harrassed someone in real life? Have you ever been a victim of bullying? If you have bullied someone what drove you to do that?

Personally, I always try and stand up/defend people who can't defend themselves. I was beaten by a group for standing up a friend one night out painting the town drunk. I got two black eyes and a broken nose and I'd do it again because it just felt right and it's probably in my nature.

I've been on the receiving end of cyber harassment on several occasions, all of them on, you guessed it, YouTube. Only once or maybe twice have I done something online that could be considered "Cyber Bullying", the cause was me letting my technical problems get to my head. As for bullying IRL (in real life) over the course of elementary school, I made some rather sh*tty decisions.

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:35 AM

I've been bullied a few times, but I'm fairly big so most bullies pick smaller targets than me.

I've occasionally bullied people, but it's fairly rare for me to do that. I picked on one of my high school friends by alluding to his homosexuality (even though he wasn't actually gay) in order to irritate him. Looking back I can tell I was a bit mean, but it was funny so it's okay.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:36 AM Edited by zoo3891, 05 September 2012 - 02:39 AM.

No, yes, and yes.

I've never actually bullied anyone online, I've 'trolled' people before, even before I knew there was a term for it, but I've never actually told anyone to commit suicide, or that they looked like a whore, or anything like that, maybe I did, but I certainly don't remember it.

In elementary school I did what everyone else did, to maybe fit in, I was one of the weird kids, but I'm pretty sure they saw me as the most normal (I did get an invitation to the cool kid's birthday party, but he was a real asshole so I didn't go), so I had to help bully the other weird kids. There was this one kid named Darwin who was really smart, but he also threw tantrums when he got angry, and he went through precocious puberty, even had what looked like a unibrow. I remember one day we bullied him until he just stood there with an angry look on his face like a really pissed of autistic kid would, and started screaming and rolling on the floor, flailing his hands and body around, screaming something about how the teacher wasn't doing anything about the obvious bullying. In the end he was suspended for making a scene. If it makes up for it I was one of his closest friends in eight grade, he was a really nice guy, but nobody gave him a chance.

I think I could actually go over the post limit if I were to go into being bullied. The treatment I got in late elementary school was terrible, and I blame it for my social phobia.

MIKON8ERISBACK
  • MIKON8ERISBACK

My real name is Michael. #FACT.

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Tuesday, Sep 4 2012, 21:36)
No, yes, and yes.

I've never actually bullied anyone online, I've 'trolled' people before, even before I knew there was a term for it, but I've never actually told anyone to commit suicide, or that they looked like a whore, or anything like that, maybe I did, but I certainly don't remember it.

In elementary school I did what everyone else did, to maybe fit in, I was one of the weird kids, but I'm pretty sure they saw me as the most normal (I did get an invitation to the cool kid's birthday party, but he was a real asshole so I didn't go), so I had to help bully the other weird kids. There was this one kid named Darwin who was really smart, but he also threw tantrums when he got angry, and he went through precocious puberty, even had what looked like a unibrow. I remember one day we bullied him until he just stood there with an angry look on his face like a really pissed of autistic kid would, and started screaming and rolling on the floor, flailing his hands and body around, screaming something about how the teacher wasn't doing anything about the obvious bullying. In the end he was suspended for making a scene. If it makes up for it I was one of his closest friends in eight grade, he was a really nice guy, but nobody gave him a chance.

I think I could actually go over the post limit if I were to go into being bullied. The treatment I got in late elementary school was terrible, and I blame it for my social phobia.

People make stupid choices when they're little kids, and public schools are VERY, VERY inhospitable places for the few who don't fit in. I was always one of those "nerds", and still am.

PHARKIN CHERKOV
  • PHARKIN CHERKOV

Nightman Sneaky Mean

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:47 AM

That's pretty sad that people bullied/were bullied in elementary. I guess it's more of a problem in the US? Because I have fond memories of growing up, going to public school (elementary) and I don't think anyone bullied anyone. My school was made up of alot of Lebanese-Australians, Greek, Macedonian and they were all cool as sh*t. I loved going to school everyday but it wasn't until I went to a mostly Anglo area and went to high school there that I copped a bit of bullying (I'm half white) but I was called wog and other nasty stuff. I didn't even know I was different until it was pointed out to me by mostly Anglo kids. I blame their stupid parents.

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:23 AM

There was an unibrow, Indian kid in my school. Guess what? smile.gif

I've been bullied once, when I was like 8 years old, because I was the only kid wearing glasses in my class.
Good times when it was just a "pastime". Now you can be processed and all that stupid bullsh*t.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

Well i went to a new school (Like i moved city) when i began my first year at high-school and i was picked on for the first couple months, nobody really liked me and i would get abused and pushed over ect but then i made friends and became a bully to a point, i didn't repeatedly harass the same kid all the time or anything, but myself and my group of friends were pretty good at making jokes about everybody else and a few times it got a little out of hand and could have been considered bullying. But having a fairly small year eventually everyone knew everyone and we all learned to take a joke.
Besides we didn't pick on people who constantly got picked on, we picked on kids pretty much at random, kids who normally didn't get picked on.

However on two occasions i was suspended for bullying.
1. A mate of mine dared me to hit a random kid in the ball-sack, i was suspended for "bullying" (Which was BS.)
2. Some druggo kid would walk past our group every morning (He thought he was so tough) and we would all say his name calling "Sean" each time he walked past, almost all 25 of us got suspended for 1 day, which again was bullsh*t.

I think the whole bullying thing is blown out of proportion sometimes, i got picked on for a while but i quickly learnt to ignore it, it wasn't really that bad and i can see how it affects people after a long time but i just went and talked to people and made friends rather than going home and getting upset about it.

But no i haven't ever repeatedly harassed the same person over and over. (except for friends)

PHARKIN CHERKOV
  • PHARKIN CHERKOV

Nightman Sneaky Mean

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Sep 5 2012, 03:50)
1. A mate of mine dared me to hit a random kid in the ball-sack, i was suspended for "bullying" (Which was BS.)
2. Some druggo kid would walk past our group every morning (He thought he was so tough) and we would all say his name calling "Sean" each time he walked past, almost all 25 of us got suspended for 1 day, which again was bullsh*t.

I think the whole bullying thing is blown out of proportion sometimes, i got picked on for a while but i quickly learnt to ignore it, it wasn't really that bad and i can see how it affects people after a long time but i just went and talked to people and made friends rather than going home and getting upset about it.

But no i haven't ever repeatedly harassed the same person over and over. (except for friends)

Not bullsh*t, you got suspended and rightfully so. If you can't see that then you should be more aware of your actions and what you do to other people.

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE (PHARKIN CHERKOV @ Wednesday, Sep 5 2012, 01:01)
Not bullsh*t, you got suspended and rightfully so. If you can't see that then you should be more aware of your actions and what you do to other people.

At this age - until around 16 - it's not yet a question of ethics, where you need to be aware of what you are doing to the person next to you.
We are just kids trying to have some fun. Of course, it's not the right way to have fun, but it makes us satisfied, if I may say so.

Talking about suspensions, one time I draw some dicks on a kid's diary and copied his mother's and his teacher's signatures. Some friends came to help me.
The next day, we were all suspended. Despite all the crap-talking from the principal, it was funny though.

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:39 AM

I was being bullied first time when I was in preschool. By my 'friends'. Luckily on the first grade, I met my real friends, but these bullies were still on the same class. Sometimes they acted like a friend, another time they were mean and stupid. I didn't know how to say anything against them, never told anything to teachers or so, though my parents were well known of these bullies. It was good to talk to them about that, but I didn't want them get involved. In 5th grade, their bullying got physical, but I can tell you that damn it, they picked on the wrong guy.

Today, I'm on 7th grade and ofc I have a new class, all my real friends are there and none of those bullies are there. But guess twice is there an another idiot in our class? OFC. He hasn't bullied me, and he's pretty smart on that one, let's simply say I would kick his ass. But always when he's someone is bullied by him, it's my duty to defend them. And to date, I've done it succesfully.

And nobody hasn't picked on me since the 5th grade. I'm 13, 168,5 cm tall and I weight 81 kg. I'm not ''fat'' but enough big to scare the bullies.

PHARKIN CHERKOV
  • PHARKIN CHERKOV

Nightman Sneaky Mean

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:00 AM

I didn't realize how young this place got. I'm 26... I feel f*cking old and out of place now.

Dingleman
  • Dingleman

SA:LC Mod Leader

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:04 AM

I bullied a little when I was in my younger teen years, but it was mainly jokes that were taken the wrong way.

And yeah I've received my fare share of bullying as well (being a red head never helped tounge.gif ), but never anything I couldn't brush off or smile about.

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:20 AM

I'd day close to 90% of people have.

There's a false dichotomy played out in the media between children who bully and those that are bullied. In the overwhelming case, a child is both.

Ever see Romy and Michelle's highschool reunion? Besides being a quality comedy, there's a scene right at the end where the titular characters are bitching about the bullies that made their life hell in highschool, then another girl played by Janeane Garafalo comes up and says "you made my life hell"

Yes. I was a bully. But I was also bullied. Kids are not divided up into one heartless teasing mob and another group of soft petals. The 'anti-bullying' procession only leads those who experience some bullying to develop a persecution complex and act like pricks to those below them.

It's only those at the bottom of the pecking order that are truly bullied, and only those at the top that are truly bullies. Everyone in between is a delicate mix of the two, and like I said, that's ~90% of people.

And heck, that's only within the schooling system. Everyone who bullies at school cops sh*t at home or at work from those above them.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:29 AM

I have been bullied before, but it is usually the usual name talking.

I honestly never had a problem with bullying, because when someone calls me a name, I have a REALLY good comeback, but it's almost never physical. (I made some people cry before lol)

Mr.Mordecai
  • Mr.Mordecai

To be, or not to be. That is the question.

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Tuesday, Sep 4 2012, 19:50)
Well i went to a new school (Like i moved city) when i began my first year at high-school and i was picked on for the first couple months, nobody really liked me and i would get abused and pushed over ect but then i made friends and became a bully to a point, i didn't repeatedly harass the same kid all the time or anything, but myself and my group of friends were pretty good at making jokes about everybody else and a few times it got a little out of hand and could have been considered bullying. But having a fairly small year eventually everyone knew everyone and we all learned to take a joke.
Besides we didn't pick on people who constantly got picked on, we picked on kids pretty much at random, kids who normally didn't get picked on.

Bro. You hit a random kid in the balls. You f*cking deserved it for being an ass.

I wasn't exactly bullied, but in 7th grade, a bunch of kids were f*ckin with me, but they were joking, but i took it seriously.

I hate bullies.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:54 AM

I've been bullied for the first time back in my old school days and now things changed for me.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:03 AM

Over the weekend a guy at my high school had a go at me over Instagram. I naturally retaliated by bad-mouthing back at him. He got super fired-up. I seriously have no idea why because he was the one that started it anyway. If he can't handle a bloody fight then he should f*ck off and mind his own business.

Anyway, on Monday it got physical and ended up in a punch-on at school. No one was expecting it at all he just came up to me and smashed me in the mouth with his fist. I went into a sort of mini-shock and wanted to sit on the ground for some reason. I ended up getting up only to receive another punch just in front of my temple. And this kid is big, he's not one of those little scrawny guys acting big over the Internet, he's a naturally large kid. He was also bloody lucky to not knock me out by getting me in the temple.

So then after the fight was broken up by a teacher we both ended up having to go to a coordinator's office. And get this right, he's deleted his aggression towards me over Instagram and used my comments as an excuse for starting the brawl.

I'm so f*cking pissed, had to go to the dentist and ended up with a $175 bill just for them making sure my teeth (which looked pretty f*cked up at the time) were all good.

He ended up getting suspended though. That lightened my day.

El Zilcho
  • El Zilcho

Virtuoso

• The Connection
  • European-Union

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:05 AM

I have to admit I was a little bit harsh in high school, particularly the earlier years when I wasn't mature enough to quite understand how even some small jokes could really get at people. I toned that down and I can say I was never deliberately malicious to anyone in the course of our 'banter'. As for online, unless you count snide comments on statuses, no, I've never cyberbullied.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:37 AM Edited by Gtaghost22, 05 September 2012 - 07:44 AM.

No. I haven't, i will get more in detail on the next page.
I didn't realize how young this place got. I'm 26... I feel f*cking old and out of place now.

26 is old for this place? Slamman/Cidamelo are both 45+ and Lil Weasel is 72 (You heard that right..)

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Sep 5 2012, 09:20)

Yes. Getting suspended for hitting a random guy's ball-sack is total bullsh*t. icon13.gif

sarcasm

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

No, i have never bullied anyone in my entire life, and i have never been bullied either (i think).
I'm a fairly "big" dude compared to guys at my school, i'm 174cm only which is quite short but i'm really muscular, plus i'm older than most of them (i'm 18, 12th grade, i got really sick when i was 9 and missed a year) so nobody can even think about f*cking with me.

besides that, i'm a really nice guy, like really really nice, i would never bully anyone smaller or younger than me unless they were bullies (only 17 or older though) i have punched 2 racist bullies in the face before for picking on some asian girl, calling her names and insulting her country and such, but i don't think that counts as "bullying" right?

Edit: i think was bullied one time when i was 11, it wasn't physical though.

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

Useful Idiot.

• The Connection

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Sep 5 2012, 04:50)

I'm going to reiterate what others have said and say that for doing a thing like that you deserved getting suspended. To me, you got off easy. A little sh*t like you deserves a good kick in the balls just to verify that it's still "BS".

I was bullied like hell in in school. I was the target of pretty much every bully there. I've had more than my fair share of broken bones, black eyes, fat lips. Someone even thought it was funny to spray lighter fluid on me and then attempt to throw matches too. Eventually I realised that "an eye for an eye" was the only thing that might make them stop. I started fighting back, sometimes putting my keys between my fingers so the punches would do more damage (they were much bigger than myself so I needed an advantage). The thing is, sometimes my temper would get the best of me and I lose myself. I've even gone so far as to stab someone with a bunch of darts. Not cool. Since then I've just walked away from any kind of confrontation, or at least talked myself out of it.

I firmly believe that no matter how big or tough these bullies think they are, there will always be someone bigger and tougher. I hope that karma finds these individuals and deals them the punishment they deserve.

Runey
  • Runey

Boss

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

Does trolling some wannabe tough guy on YouTube that threatened to beat me up for no reason count?

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:12 AM

Oh i wholly accept being suspended, but it should have been for violence not bullying, so getting suspended for bullying someone when you do one thing to them is BS, bullying has to be on-going.

I didn't bitch to the principle when i got hit in the balls by random kids whilst walking to class but whatever, let cry-babies be cry-babies.

A little sh*t like you deserves a good kick in the balls just to verify that it's still "BS".

Cut me some slack, that was some 8 years ago.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14 - Supralux

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Sep 5 2012, 12:12)
I didn't bitch to the principle when i got hit in the balls by random kids whilst walking to class but whatever, let cry-babies be cry-babies.

Those "cry-babies" maybe didn't want to hit you back and they complained instead. Guess which one is the more moral choice?

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

Useful Idiot.

• The Connection

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Sep 5 2012, 10:12)

Is this a thing, hitting each other in the balls? What the hell kind of school is this?

I can somewhat understand that being suspended for bullying is a bit of a stretch when, like you say, it was more for violence. But I suppose they're essentially the same thing. Bullying is violence when it becomes physical. As for bullying being an on-going thing, I don't think it's always that way. Fair enough, I think it's safe to say that 99% of the time it is a continuous thing, but sometimes someone can be bullied for a day, even a few hours. Take birthdays, for example. In my school, and I guess many others, it's almost tradition to humiliate, in one form or other, the birthday boy (not really sure if girls do the same thing). You could say that that's bullying but because it's "tradition" it was usually ignored by teachers.

One thing I don't fully understand is "cyber-bullying". How does one get bullied over the internet? I know there are Facebook pages dedicated to picking on a certain individual, I can understand how that's bullying. Then again, why would they look at it knowing full well it's not going to be good? Is it a case of curiosity killed the cat? I've heard people say things like "Oh, he came on Facebook Chat and started saying mean things!". All I can say to that is f*cking close it then. I get how, maybe in a forum like this, people might PM someone else with a nasty message, but it's just text on a screen. If they feel threatened by that then life in the future is going to be one heck of a struggle.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (TheGreatGig23 @ Wednesday, Sep 5 2012, 14:13)

I firmly believe that no matter how big or tough these bullies think they are, there will always be someone bigger and tougher. I hope that karma finds these individuals and deals them the punishment they deserve.

Exactly, my friend. I hope that every bully gets dealt with by "Karma".

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

I've been in both roles through my childhood and teen years, I think being bullied builds character if you learn how to deal with it properly. Bullies don't just disappear after high school, they either reform or they evolve into adult assholes so it's important to know how to go about dismantling a bully. The psychology of it all is fairly simple, most of the time they're unhappy with themselves so they lash out at others to feel better although sometimes they're just genuine assholes and it's encoded in their DNA.

About the cyber bullying, I thought that was bullsh*t too but when I really gave it some thought I can see how it would really affect a kid who's a victim of it. Back in my day when you left school the game was over, you could go home or hang out with friends away from all the bullsh*t. It doesn't end for these kids today, mass texts are sent, Facebook statuses are posted up, twitter is used as another medium to tear people down, instagram apparently is used, it just keeps going on way past the last bell. That sh*t would probably f*ck with my teenage or preteen mind too if had to go through it.

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

Useful Idiot.

• The Connection

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Wednesday, Sep 5 2012, 10:54)
About the cyber bullying, I thought that was bullsh*t too but when I really gave it some thought I can see how it would really affect a kid who's a victim of it. Back in my day when you left school the game was over, you could go home or hang out with friends away from all the bullsh*t. It doesn't end for these kids today, mass texts are sent, Facebook statuses are posted up, twitter is used as another medium to tear people down, instagram apparently is used, it just keeps going on way past the last bell. That sh*t would probably f*ck with my teenage or preteen mind too if had to go through it.

That's a pretty good point. It's oddly interesting to see that social networking has had such a huge effect on the way things work nowadays. Personally, I love all of it. It's extremely useful for me. But it's a damn shame that it's being used in such heinous ways. Like you said, when I finished school, that was it, the bullying was done and I didn't have to put up with it until the next day, so I can agree that if it was a non-stop thing it would probably mess with me too.

I think being bullied builds character if you learn how to deal with it properly.

This is quite true. A lot of people I know have been bullied and some have even said that they were sort of glad they were as it made them the person they are now. I can agree with that. I'm far tougher in many ways and I've learnt to not take sh*t from anyone. Dealing with a bully verbally is a great indicator of character, in my opinion. It takes a certain level of intelligence to deal with it that way whereas flinging your fists requires none at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users