darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:07 PM

I was glad the way things unfolded, especially with Gemma and Unser. It's interesting to ponder what will happen with Jax's children, the shot with Abel and the SON ring seemed like a bit of foreshadowing of his future.

Yeah, they set Abel up to have a life similar to Jax.  Although, they have taken him away from SAMCRO, he might still have a f*cked up life of a criminal, or at least as a person who struggles with his inner demons.  Which is common for someone who has seen and knows of the things he's experienced at such a young age.

Speaking of rings, I was touched with Jax returning his "SO" and "NS" rings to Opie's grave.  He might see everyone else in SAMCRO as a brother, but Opie was more of a brother than any other.

Overall, I'm going to say this season wasn't especially satisfying.  Most of the season is spent with Jax going after the wrong people for Tara's murder.  Every body that hit the floor I told myself what a waste it was.  The Triad Gemma fingered, Lin, Jury, even Marks.  If Jax knew the truth, they'd all be alive, they'd all be working together.  Which I think is the through line of this season.  Lies that Jax is more than eager to believe, and take extreme measures to gain some form of vengeance, due to his being blind to any sense, and due to being blind to his own mother's wrong doing.  I get it, but I'm just not as satisfied as I've been after other seasons.  At the end, I felt Jax should've been taken down by someone who wanted revenge on him.  That's poetic justice.

The series as a whole I thought was a fun, engaging, and emotional rollercoaster.  You rooted for characters one episode or season, and then hated them the next, then back to loving them.  Juice is the epitome of this.  At first he's kind of just an ancillary character who doesn't do much.  You don't know much about him, and then as time went on, you found out who he really was.  He was dedicated to SAMCRO to a fault, but didn't want to die.  Even at the end, he would've done anything to just regain the love of his brothers in SAMCRO.  When he was scared that the club would find out about him being half black, I rooted for him.  When he helped cover up Tara's murder, I hated him.   When he finally fessed up to Jax, I felt pity for him.  When he died, I felt relief for him.

Series score: I'd give it a good solid 8/10.

• MHH, Tacymist, GankThis110 and 1 other like this

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:06 PM Edited by DOOM!, 16 December 2014 - 08:06 PM.

You're dead on with everything you've said. I honestly thought it'd be someone in the club to finish Jax, or a enemy, rather than taking his own life. I didn't feel happy, or mad about the ending, just the fact you had to kill your mother, a life-long friend and enemies you shouldn't have had in this place, then kill yourself is plain sad.

The greatest moment in this show, for me, was when Gemma finally got what was comin' to her. I felt like she was the antagonist of the series, even before Tara's murder.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:23 AM

When we're talking most satisfying moment, I've gotta go with Opie spraying the ATF bitch point blank with a Mac 10.

Right now I just looked through the IMDB, and just realized that John Teller in his brief VOs and flashbacks was played by the snobby yuppie asshole who lives next door to the Griswalds in Christmas Vacation.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:59 AM

Was anyone really satisfied with Gemma's death? The whole last season I wanted her to do so badly, but then at that episode she just... accepts it? That wasn't really what I had in my for her death. It was just too calm for my liking.

Overall I really liked the ending. Was I satisfied? Yes. Did it exceed my expectations? Nope. But I'm glad Sons of Anarchy has finally got to the point where they wanted to be.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:04 PM

The result of her death satisfied me. After what she did to Tara and how she single handledly brought down the club, just watching Jax end it was good enough. It was sh*tty for Unser, but his love for Gemma was going to get him killed eventually.

Same thing for Juice, except I felt happy for Juice at the ending. All the guy wanted was to be with his club and at the end it still proved through all the butt-f*cking and poems, he still had love for the club and was willingly to do anything for them.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:48 PM

I just realized I messed up words in my previous post. Sorry I forgot to word on the forums.

Right about the butt-f*cking, I think Sutter has overestimated to amount of rape that goes around in prison. Seriously the amount of prison rape scenes this show has, oh god I just feel that it is just Sutter trying to be edgy.

And I'm still puzzled how Juice went from being hacker boy dressed in a baby outfit from Season 1 to the f*cked up character he is (well was) to the very end.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:50 PM Edited by DOOM!, 26 December 2014 - 12:50 PM.

Jax and the club made him that way. He had to kill the junkie bitch (the one who's kid shot up the school) and for some reason that put one hell of a guilt trip on Juice. After he told Nero he was dead meat to the club and was basically dead. Him helping Gemma only made him worse.

Only reason why I think a lot of prison rape scenes were included was because of the situation... Sutter's character (can't remember to save my dick) was getting raped for killing the crazy ex-marshall's sister with the crucifix necklace, plus he wouldn't give up the club... and Juice was Marlyn Mansions little bitch.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

Mahogany den writer, between the ashtrays and nuts.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:37 AM Edited by Ziggy455, 30 December 2014 - 06:38 AM.

I began watching Sons of Anarchy back in 2008. At the time I loved it because I'd fallen in love with The Lost and The Damned and it seemed very similar in its approach and premise. I've stuck with it for seven years almost, and I've never really had much to say. I'll try and get some out now:

I always imagined the bigger picture to take place. Season 1 came around and I believed that Jax was prepared to push the club in the right direction, but things just kept getting in the way; Abel being snatched, the Zobelle sh*t, the Ireland sh*t, the Irish and Mayan beefs, and in the end it seems that the chair took a hold of Jax like it did Clay. He tried very hard at some point, and if Tara hadn't died, if Gemma had stepped away, then he'd have achieved his father's dream. It's just that we stuck with Jax for so long because somewhere along the line we knew he was going to have to make a choice.

I felt for Jax, not only in his stress of having to maintain the club, relationships, and friends, but for the fact he really tried to move the club away and in the chaos he lost everything. We see him strive and lose members, trying to fulfill his father's vision and in the end, the very core betrayal comes from inside his family, and that's it.

When I saw the promo for season seven, I knew he was going to die, I knew he'd lost his vision, and I knew all we were doing for thirteen episodes was watching him slip further and further away into a chaotic, revenge-filled suicide mission. When he finally plugged Jury, that was when I was guaranteed he was gone. He'd murdered a simple club member, a good club member, and he paid the price.

Going out like his father should have meant more to me, but it didn't. He died, and his vision was lost, the books by John were lost, everything was lost. Sure, the club survived, but the vision of it? That went when Jax burned everything. I know Samcro got out of the gun trade, and the Mayans began sharing territory with Blacks, and Samcro could now become legitimate, but it just seems like we got built up for six seasons to see a much larger, much more domino-like revelation in which Samcro becomes what John Teller wanted, but in the end, Jax seemed to become like a hybrid of Clay, clouded by revenge and club politics, able to execute anybody in his way for the club, instead of chasing the vision.

I don't feel like the resolution was worth the buildup of John's dream, and of the past which still, seems all too cloudy. Maybe things will clear up in Sons of Anarchy: The First Nine. I hope so anyway.
  • DOOM! likes this

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

I am the midnight snake to bite your little girls

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:55 AM

Ah sh*t. you guys dont use spoiler tags here. f*ck me, read it all. cant really fault you too much on that anyways. i havent been following up on the show because it got ridicules for me after like season 4. but now that i know gemma got what she deserved i might watch it. i was really into it during the 1st season and the third one. it had good story and i liked some of the characters but after that it just started having too much drama and less action.

Webster.
  • Webster.

Thug

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:33 AM

Best TV series.. period  :^:

As the new season was uploaded onto Netflix, I thought I'd rather watch the entire series again until I saw the new chapter

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:58 PM Edited by Stormingz, 13 January 2015 - 09:05 PM.

Just watched the semi-final episode of season 7, and sh*t, it's kind of sad knowing I have one last episode to go through before it all ends. I weren't sure if (SPOILERS) Jax was going to be able to kill Gemma, I'm interested to see how he controls his emotions in the final episode, I wouldn't be surprised if he crumbles and sh*t goes down the pan, but hey-ho. I knew Juice was going to get killed, to be honest I'm surprised he lasted this long, with Jax's killing spree, trying to find out who murdered Tara, it shocked me seeing Jax allow Juice to live for a bit longer, even though his life towards the end consisted of being arse-f*cked by Chinese and Nazis, I still like how he was loyal to the club at the very end, he knew Tully was ordered to kill Juice, and instead of the Chinese having the satisfaction, he respected Jax's final wish. He went out with dignity, or what he had left of it, at least.

All in all, one of the best TV series I've ever watched, looking forward to watching the final episode soon.

RussianCommie
  • RussianCommie

Trying to think of a member title but my mind keeps Stalin.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:39 AM

The first trailer for Sons of Anarchy: The Prospect, it's a mobile only video game that is being currently developed by Orpheus Interactive and is to be released sometime in 2015 (No specific date as of yet) was released a few days ago originally by Kurt Sutter:

Webster.
  • Webster.

Thug

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:54 AM

Just watched the semi-final episode of season 7, and sh*t, it's kind of sad knowing I have one last episode to go through before it all ends. I weren't sure if (SPOILERS) Jax was going to be able to kill Gemma, I'm interested to see how he controls his emotions in the final episode, I wouldn't be surprised if he crumbles and sh*t goes down the pan, but hey-ho. I knew Juice was going to get killed, to be honest I'm surprised he lasted this long, with Jax's killing spree, trying to find out who murdered Tara, it shocked me seeing Jax allow Juice to live for a bit longer, even though his life towards the end consisted of being arse-f*cked by Chinese and Nazis, I still like how he was loyal to the club at the very end, he knew Tully was ordered to kill Juice, and instead of the Chinese having the satisfaction, he respected Jax's final wish. He went out with dignity, or what he had left of it, at least.

All in all, one of the best TV series I've ever watched, looking forward to watching the final episode soon.

Season 7? 

Mate, the UK just got season 6 in January  :lol: - I wish I had American TV now

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:29 PM

Season 7? 

Mate, the UK just got season 6 in January  :lol: - I wish I had American TV now

I live in the UK too haha, I just watch the episodes online. Here's a link if you're like me and can't wait for UK TV to catch up. http://watch-tv-seri...sons_of_anarchy

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:05 AM

A bit late to this one but I wanted to wait until the series finished. Finally started this gem a couple of weeks ago.

Just finished season 3. That season finale....oh man. 

I started the first episode of season 4 and 10 minutes into it, I can see a lot has changed. Hope for the better. I hate when shows do time jumps and generally don't like it when too much is changed up. I think season 4 is what can be considered where sh*t gets real and everything starts to change. 

Man....I won't be emotionally ready for seasons 6 and 7. 

EpicnessInABox
  • EpicnessInABox

I've got a meme for EVERYTHING.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:51 AM

Buckle your seat belt, Audiophile. It only gets better from there.

Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Wales

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:23 AM

I was a bit of a latecomer to the show but last night I finished it.

I invited one of my friends around to watch it with me, she hasn't seen them all but has seen a few when she has been around. Glad she was there really because when it eventually clicked what Jax was doing, the tears started flowing and she was there, arms open. I had no shame.

It was amazing. It really captivated me which is probably why I felt so down when it ended. Gutted.

Will probably be checking out the book now, and maybe the mobile game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users