272 replies to this topic
darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 5 days ago

I was glad the way things unfolded, especially with Gemma and Unser. It's interesting to ponder what will happen with Jax's children, the shot with Abel and the SON ring seemed like a bit of foreshadowing of his future.

Yeah, they set Abel up to have a life similar to Jax.  Although, they have taken him away from SAMCRO, he might still have a f*cked up life of a criminal, or at least as a person who struggles with his inner demons.  Which is common for someone who has seen and knows of the things he's experienced at such a young age.

Speaking of rings, I was touched with Jax returning his "SO" and "NS" rings to Opie's grave.  He might see everyone else in SAMCRO as a brother, but Opie was more of a brother than any other.

Overall, I'm going to say this season wasn't especially satisfying.  Most of the season is spent with Jax going after the wrong people for Tara's murder.  Every body that hit the floor I told myself what a waste it was.  The Triad Gemma fingered, Lin, Jury, even Marks.  If Jax knew the truth, they'd all be alive, they'd all be working together.  Which I think is the through line of this season.  Lies that Jax is more than eager to believe, and take extreme measures to gain some form of vengeance, due to his being blind to any sense, and due to being blind to his own mother's wrong doing.  I get it, but I'm just not as satisfied as I've been after other seasons.  At the end, I felt Jax should've been taken down by someone who wanted revenge on him.  That's poetic justice.

The series as a whole I thought was a fun, engaging, and emotional rollercoaster.  You rooted for characters one episode or season, and then hated them the next, then back to loving them.  Juice is the epitome of this.  At first he's kind of just an ancillary character who doesn't do much.  You don't know much about him, and then as time went on, you found out who he really was.  He was dedicated to SAMCRO to a fault, but didn't want to die.  Even at the end, he would've done anything to just regain the love of his brothers in SAMCRO.  When he was scared that the club would find out about him being half black, I rooted for him.  When he helped cover up Tara's murder, I hated him.   When he finally fessed up to Jax, I felt pity for him.  When he died, I felt relief for him.

Series score: I'd give it a good solid 8/10.

• MHH, Tacymist and RussianCommie like this

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago Edited by DOOM!, 4 days ago.

You're dead on with everything you've said. I honestly thought it'd be someone in the club to finish Jax, or a enemy, rather than taking his own life. I didn't feel happy, or mad about the ending, just the fact you had to kill your mother, a life-long friend and enemies you shouldn't have had in this place, then kill yourself is plain sad.

The greatest moment in this show, for me, was when Gemma finally got what was comin' to her. I felt like she was the antagonist of the series, even before Tara's murder.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 3 days ago

When we're talking most satisfying moment, I've gotta go with Opie spraying the ATF bitch point blank with a Mac 10.

Right now I just looked through the IMDB, and just realized that John Teller in his brief VOs and flashbacks was played by the snobby yuppie asshole who lives next door to the Griswalds in Christmas Vacation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users