Photo

One thing I noticed [Spoilers, you've been warned]

10 replies to this topic
dragon_goran_mijo
  • dragon_goran_mijo

Suspect is driving a red sports car

• Members

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

After you kill Dwayne, and Niko doesn't check his email's Dwayne sends him an email. Afterwards, Niko will reply (if positive, never did negative) "sh*t, Dwayne. I'm sorry." and it seems to depress Niko quite a bit. When you meet Cherise, after you beat up her abusive BF, Niko says..."Maybe I should have capped Playboy instead."

So, do you think GTA IV intended to have Niko kill X? The subtle hints Niko shows makes me think it shows his judgmental flaws.

GTAb0yWonder
  • GTAb0yWonder

I'm not GTAb0yWonder anymore, you dipsh*t cretins.

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

Of course Playboy was the one who was intended to die. The safehouse may be the answer and reward, and so is Dwayne's friendship afterwards. Plus, when you kill Dwayne, Playboy really has no part in the story and activities afterwards. So there's no point in keeping him alive.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

Another reason killing playboy is canon, is because Dwaine is actually REQUIRED for 100% completion due to the fact you must be 100% friendship with him to get higher percent complete.

dragon_goran_mijo
  • dragon_goran_mijo

Suspect is driving a red sports car

• Members

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Monday, Sep 3 2012, 18:32)
Another reason killing playboy is canon, is because Dwaine is actually REQUIRED for 100% completion due to the fact you must be 100% friendship with him to get higher percent complete.

Dwayne is not needed for 100%.

TheKryptonite
  • TheKryptonite

The World is Yours

• Members

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Monday, Sep 3 2012, 18:32)

That doesn't really prove it's canon.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

I kill Playboy because he is freaking annoying and a jerk. The only time I kill Dwayne is when I'm doing the opposite of what I normally do (which also means killing Ivan, killing whateverhisnamewas), and I do the Deal ending.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

I think the choices were slapped on the game toward the end of production. The finale choice is tthe same mision pretty much either way. Laziness, or a last minute rush.

The dwayne/Playboy choice. I am 99% sure Niko was supposed to kill PBX. Why? Well first, Niko says to Dwayne: "You remind me of me" so he wouldnt kill someone who reminds him of himself.

Secondly there's the absense of PBX and the rewards as mentioned. Plus niko actually says/ implies that he doesnt like PBX in a mission. Theres zero indication that you're supposed to kill dwayne.

Just the money - has niko been corrupted by the american dream? Or does he stand by his moral code.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

Like Mokrie said, it's pretty obvious that Niko was supposed to kill Playboy X, seems like they just they slapped another choice at last minute just to add more reply value to the main story incase anyone wanted to play the story a 2nd time, i killed Playboy on my first playthrough too, felt like the right choice, Dwayne is an awesome character, wish he had a bigger role in the story.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Thursday, Sep 6 2012, 01:07)
Like Mokrie said, it's pretty obvious that Niko was supposed to kill Playboy X, seems like they just they slapped another choice at last minute just to add more reply value to the main story incase anyone wanted to play the story a 2nd time, i killed Playboy on my first playthrough too, felt like the right choice, Dwayne is an awesome character, wish he had a bigger role in the story.

Yeah I'm with on that too. I too just wished that Dwayne and Playboy X had a much bigger role in the GTA IV story, I wanted to see Niko get a bit more involved in the 'hood' side of things in Liberty City. That part of the game lasted for a brief moment halfway through. It would have been interesting to see more action from the street gangs like the North Holland Hustlers, M.O.B, Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers and the Spanish Lords.

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (Official General @ Thursday, Sep 6 2012, 14:14)
QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Thursday, Sep 6 2012, 01:07)

Yeah I'm with on that too. I too just wished that Dwayne and Playboy X had a much bigger role in the GTA IV story, I wanted to see Niko get a bit more involved in the 'hood' side of things in Liberty City. That part of the game lasted for a brief moment halfway through. It would have been interesting to see more action from the street gangs like the North Holland Hustlers, M.O.B, Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers and the Spanish Lords.

Yeah I definitely agree with this. Think Rockstar missed a trick here.

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:13 AM

I didn't know about this.

And of course Playboy X was the one intended to die.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users