Prelight and reflection

8 replies to this topic
flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

Hello to all. I want add reflection on standard object (or make a model with reflection - no difference) and with prelight.

Everyone knows that Kam's scripts not export model with day\night prelight, but export with reflection or specular; script by Deniska export model with correct prelight but export without reflection or specual (problem can be solved by adding in RWAnalyze a section with a reflection from DFF, exported by Deniska's script to a DFF exported by a Kam's script); thank god (figuratively), really - thank to Seggaeman, we also have his DFF plugin, it explort and reflection, and prelight.

But! The problem is that when and specular and reflection are both present, we have a very obvious (nontransparent) ugly reflection. As if DFF export plugin (script) ignored the transparency settings that are set for the reflection.

Here is the screenshot:

user posted image

I would be glad if someone can help me. And sorry for my English.

Mark01
  • Mark01

Surrounded by freaks in sheep clothing.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

Hi Flame

Try this with kam's script, it should work if you need reflection map + day & night vertex colors, I don't think you can export specular on map objects tho.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

It's possible to export specular, I tested it on map objects/

flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (Mark01 @ Monday, Sep 3 2012, 16:13)
Hi Flame

Try this with kam's script, it should work if you need reflection map + day & night vertex colors, I don't think you can export specular on map objects tho.

Thank for you answer, but this solution (unfortunately) is not suitable for my case. How I did: I exported model with enable VCOL button and with correct reflection with Kam's script, then I add day\night vertex colors and exported second DFF with Deniska's script, then I (according to the readme, in the order) move DFFs to the nvcm. Final result: object have and reflection, and prelight, but as with the other method - reflection nontransparent. Maybe I must do differently?

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Monday, Sep 3 2012, 17:28)

Tell me more about how you did, please.

Mark01
  • Mark01

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:10 AM Edited by Mark01, 04 September 2012 - 01:15 AM.

QUOTE (Flame1251 @ Monday, Sep 3 2012, 18:15)
Thank for you answer, but this solution (unfortunately) is not suitable for my case. How I did: I exported model with enable VCOL button and with correct reflection with Kam's script, then I add day\night vertex colors and exported second DFF with Deniska's script, then I (according to the readme, in the order) move DFFs to the nvcm. Final result: object have and reflection, and prelight, but as with the other method - reflection nontransparent. Maybe I must do differently?

With this little tool you only need to use kam's script and export vertex color for both day & night with it, which means that you don't have to put your night vertex color info in the vertex illumination channel which is for deniska's script wink.gif

To make things more clear:

-export your object with vertex colors for day time with kam's let's say that the dff name will be house.dff

-export the exact same object with vertex color for night time but in the 'vertex color' channel not 'vertex illum' with kam's and rename it, ex: house2.dff

-then you open nvc tool and you drag & drop your first dff which is house.dff in the tool window then same thing for 2nd file, you drop house2.dff and then it will tell you that both day & night vertex colors has been merged in your first dff file house.dff, now you can delete house2.dff and put house.dff in your img.

& np, glad to help.

QUOTE (City_Poke912 @ Monday, Sep 3 2012, 17:28)

Can you post a pic? I'd like to see that colgate.gif

flame1251
  • flame1251

Flame

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:47 AM Edited by Flame1251, 04 September 2012 - 05:00 PM.

QUOTE (Mark01 @ Tuesday, Sep 4 2012, 01:10)
With this little tool you only need to use kam's script and export vertex color for both day & night with it, which means that you don't have to put your night vertex color info in the vertex illumination channel which is for deniska's script wink.gif

Nothing. Result is the same - a reflection opaque. Sorry, but can I give you links to 3ds model file (and savefile that did not need to go to the object)?

Also it would be interesting to learn about other methods. Let me remind - a reflection exported, but not exported correctly, reflection just (only with prelight) nontransparent.

I tried set reflection in ZModeler, but with prelight result is the same. Maybe I came across a "strange" model...

Mark01
  • Mark01

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:03 PM

I see, well yes, you can send me your max file.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

I found my old pic, I don't have full resolution of this:
user posted image

Mark01
  • Mark01

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:12 AM

Okay so I've tried all the ways possible to get this working with all the scripts available & RWanalyze and I conclude that you can't have reflection map with your custom opacity settings + nvc working together, it just won't work, If you import the nvc data with RWa your relfection opacity will get screwed, same thing If you import your reflection effect, the game will skip the part where you have your opacity setting.

The good news is that it doesn't look too bad without nvc at night, it depends of your object.

user posted image
Basically when you export your object use seggaeman script and check none in render pipeline and uncheck night vertex colors, I'll send you the dff in a min so you can try ingame, but still the best thing you can do is detach the part where you want to apply your reflection map and export it as a separate object so nvc will still be applied to the rest of the building.

@City_Poke912
From the picture I know that this is Dexx shader, sagfx, so yeah this isn't possible without external scripts/hacks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users