Photo

The Bible Decoded

97 replies to this topic
chris
  • chris

Everton FC

• The Connection

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:35 AM

Jesus dies at the end ... kinda but not really.

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

You cried like a rape victim

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Wales

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE (Barguast @ Monday, Sep 3 2012, 06:29)
QUOTE (Iminicus @ Sunday, Sep 2 2012, 23:31)
Science is man made

No it isn't. The study or observation of science may be a somewhat human activity, but actual 'science' - universal laws of nature - have existed since the very beginning, long before mankind, long before life. That is why many people, an increasing number, find it so much more fascinating and fulfilling than religion which almost certainly is a human invention.

A 'live and let live' approach to religion isn't an acceptable approach to many atheists due to the huge influence religion has in our everyday lives, particularly in the realm of politics. I don't think Christians in western countries would adopt this approach if Sharia law was introduced into their court rooms. Thankfully I live in a largely secular country - some parts of the American political system seems insane in comparison.

OT - If you want to decode the bible, you'd have to start from the earliest texts available. As others have stated, the years have distorted the original stories beyond all recognition. Unless anyone here happens to have access to these original texts, and has the skill and knowledge to perform a direct translation, I don't think it will get very far.

I was just being a trolling douche with that comment, Barguast.

Yossarianite
  • Yossarianite

Slumerican sh*tizen

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE (Barguast @ Monday, Sep 3 2012, 14:29)

OT - If you want to decode the bible, you'd have to start from the earliest texts available. As others have stated, the years have distorted the original stories beyond all recognition. Unless anyone here happens to have access to these original texts, and has the skill and knowledge to perform a direct translation, I don't think it will get very far.

That's true, I'll try and do something about that, it should be a hard thing especially with no specific type of name like kjv or nkjv or something,...
I'll start right away.

HydraulicWaRiOr
  • HydraulicWaRiOr

L'oiseau bleu

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

I decoded Harry Potter earlier and discovered a footprint of the Illuminati. Ooh this is going to be so enticing! I love a jolly old tall tale tally.

Yossarianite
  • Yossarianite

Slumerican sh*tizen

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (HydraulicWaRiOr @ Tuesday, Sep 4 2012, 09:39)
I decoded Harry Potter earlier and discovered a footprint of the Illuminati. Ooh this is going to be so enticing! I love a jolly old tall tale tally.

Welcome here then!

I had this idea where if we were to find the first and original bible then it must be in hebrew, the translations in might be messed upon you guys said and so this hebrew bible may be what we're looking for

Otherwise there's this guttenburg bible or something I heard about.

So what do you guys say?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:59 PM

I understood that 'the' Bible is actually a number of different sources in many languages.

Gareth Alan Willmer
  • Gareth Alan Willmer

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (Yossarianite @ Sunday, Sep 2 2012, 12:16)
The Bible has been a mystery, its an international bestseller and it has so many things in it.

Those christian may know about the books of the Bible and about how how each book can be related to the other. How a parable has much more in it,more than we've actually read or understood.  How the stories and events relate to each other, how we need to read some other verse to understand the one we 're reading.
The Bible is a big, beautiful and miraculous web that contains more than meets the eye.
So, here we 'decode' the Bible, put all the threads together, tell the stories not mentioned/hidden, lets go  into detail about it all.

Even atheists are invited, but mind you, no flaming, only contributions.

We can start off in order or go randomly with anything we know at all and I will add everything .
All our findings will be put in order in the next post.
So grab the nearest Bible and lets start right away!

I personally wouldnt trust a book that was written by anyone. Besides there is a lot of stuff in the bible that contradicts itself anywaya

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (Yossarianite @ Wednesday, Sep 5 2012, 12:13)
QUOTE (HydraulicWaRiOr @ Tuesday, Sep 4 2012, 09:39)

Welcome here then!

I had this idea where if we were to find the first and original bible then it must be in hebrew, the translations in might be messed upon you guys said and so this hebrew bible may be what we're looking for

Otherwise there's this guttenburg bible or something I heard about.

So what do you guys say?

Steve Guttenberg?
I'd read that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users