Quantcast

» «
Photo

Subtitled Radio Stations

63 replies to this topic

Poll: Subtitled Radio Stations (310 member(s) have cast votes)

Subtitled Radio Stations

1. Yes (115 votes [38.46%])

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

2. No (106 votes [35.45%])

Percentage of vote: 35.45%

3. Don't care (78 votes [26.09%])

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Adriaan
  • Adriaan

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

@Game2048
Thanks for the feedback.

I was watching a movie today and turned on subtitles. A song was dubbed over a scene while people were talking. When no one was talking, the music subtitle popped up, wrapped in hash tags. So like: "# A song lyric #"

When people talked, it stopped showing song subtitles, and instead showed the lines coming from the characters. So we can see it already being used within another medium, and I don't see why video games cannot, when there are people who would really appreciate this.

dr00gy
  • dr00gy

• Members

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Sunday, Sep 9 2012, 22:16)
@Game2048
Thanks for the feedback.

I was watching a movie today and turned on subtitles. A song was dubbed over a scene while people were talking. When no one was talking, the music subtitle popped up, wrapped in hash tags. So like: "# A song lyric #"

When people talked, it stopped showing song subtitles, and instead showed the lines coming from the characters. So we can see it already being used within another medium, and I don't see why video games cannot, when there are people who would really appreciate this.

It's strange reading about what you noticed when you turned them on because it's natural for me & I don't even notice. It's one of those things where you forget that other people don't do it because you do it yourself so much.

I tried watching TV on TLAD today but there were no subtitles. I tried to turn the subtitles on with my Sky remote before remembering that I was in a game. It made me sigh.

ForDaNords
  • ForDaNords

-

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:58 AM

I'm hearing impaired, and I never understand what they say in the stations. Radio subs would be great.

JaggySnake
  • JaggySnake

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:12 AM

I'd love subtitles. I have them on all the time in games. I'm deaf in one ear so it can be difficult at times.

Just wondering though...what happens when the radio is on in the car and the passengers are talking? Put both the radio and character subtitles on at the same time (different colours maybe?) or just stop radio subtitles until the character is finished talking?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users