TapaTalk

5 replies to this topic
ClareXoBearrx3
  • ClareXoBearrx3

Unit 2865

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:50 AM

Hello staff,

Just a quick suggestion I think would be great to these forums is TapaTalk. It's a forum reader software for mobile systems that provides a friendly editor to easily write topics, posts, messages, etc. There's two primary versions: the client (which is installed on a mobile device) and the server plugin (that gets installed on the forum to properly format everything for the mobile client. The fully-functional client is $3 (at least for Android) and there's a free sever plugin that supports multiple forum software, including IPBoard 3. Not sure if it supports IPBoard 1.3 but anyhow...

I just bought the client since using the mobile browser often becomes a pain in the ass. Especially when trying to fix typographical errors. Since I'm on my mobile right now, please bear with me --- if this suggestion has been discussed before, my apologies for the unintended redundancy.

I heard a v2 of this site might be deployed later, in which it might make more sense to implement later, should it be considered.

Anyhow, those are my thoughts. smile.gif

Regards.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:22 AM

I've heard some good things about this tapatalk thing from my friends, and many say it's a very useful add-on.
So i'd say yes to this.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

It's been discussed before and it's not possible with this version of IPB I think.

ClareXoBearrx3
  • ClareXoBearrx3

Unit 2865

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

Well, makes sense. Perhaps it's better suited for v2.0 of these forums.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:22 AM

v2 will have a custom forum software made by Tank apparently, so we'll see if he also develops a mobile app.

ClareXoBearrx3
  • ClareXoBearrx3

Unit 2865

• Members

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:16 AM

Oh really? That'll be quite interesting. No wonder there's no ETA on anything. I thought they were going to use some other commercial forum software, be it paid or free.

Some good free ones are phpBB3 and MyBB. I'm a former admin of both and they're quite good. MyBB however is easier for customization, though. But I'm sure for a network this large, they'll either go for a paid software or something they do themselves.

If Tank sees this: Good luck! smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users