Photo

GTAF Minecraft Server

5,168 replies to this topic
Apex.
  • Apex.

Alright?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:08 AM Edited by Apex., 15 October 2013 - 04:39 AM.

Rown, thought I should be the one to tell you, last night Kirsty pulled the plug. 

I'm sorry for your loss.

Stop tryna act like you're past this server, in your past few comments you've been all like 'Yeah man I'm sooo over this server now' motherf*cker you spent possibly 50+ of hours of your life building an Iron farm for this temp map, you ain't over it, STOP LIVING IN DENIAL!

DON'T LET IT DIE!!! Don't let it die :'(

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:47 AM

Rown, thought I should be the one to tell you, last night Kirsty pulled the plug. 

I'm sorry for your loss.

Stop tryna act like you're past this server, in your past few comments you've been all like 'Yeah man I'm sooo over this server now' motherf*cker you spent possibly 50+ of hours of your life building an Iron farm for this temp map, you ain't over it, STOP LIVING IN DENIAL!

DON'T LET IT DIE!!! Don't let it die :'(

It's dead.. R.I.P 2013

.2D
  • .2D

I Shed The Blood of Saxon Men

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:52 PM Edited by .2D, 15 October 2013 - 12:53 PM.

For now  :sly:

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

It's deader than dead, but I guess it's to be expected really with GTA V.  I've neglected both the server and the forums terribly. 

Anyway, once 1.7 is out there'll be a new map so I think I'll start playing again properly then :)  The snapshots already look cool, stained glass!

Moth
  • Moth

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

Wait, stained glass is coming to vanilla? The one block I was hoping for is coming to vanilla minecraft?

Well now, I'll be coming back when the server is back online.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

I'm sorry for your loss.

No one pulled the plug on the server - the only person who can do that is myself. Kirsty pretty much runs the server, but I still own it, the account and everything is in my name and having the service due to unpaid bills probably isn't helping myself.

I'll downgrade the server package to 1GB and see how we get on from there, considering the usage of the server isn't great at the moment.

• Rown likes this

Rewas
  • Rewas

• Members
  • None
  • Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:24 AM Edited by Rewas514, 16 October 2013 - 09:33 AM.

Anyway, once 1.7 is out there'll be a new map so I think I'll start playing again properly then :)  The snapshots already look cool, stained glass!

spiderman-meme-generator-stop-all-the-li

Kirsty, you keep saying that you'll start playing Minecraft again, but I always see you playing V. Please try to keep your promise this once. :(

KaRzY6
  • KaRzY6

♧ Sick Kunt ♤

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

I haven't been on the server in ages, any massive changes?

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

Server paid and back online
  • Rown likes this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

Awesome, thanks!!!!

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

Got a question for you all, since its always the select few that donate to keep the server running which I think is unfair when so many do enjoy it.

What do people think of a small charge under a euro to use the server?

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

I'd be concerned that some of the younger regulars may have trouble finding an avenue to pay, but aside from that I don't think it's too much to ask.

I also wanted to ask if anyone would be interested in trying out factions to go along with a little RP?

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

I'd be concerned about that too, but they bought minecraft? I'm more concerned at the moment that we've got a couple of members who are donating but we did have a fairly active playerbase, if we charged like 50 eurocent per player per month, we'd always be able to cover the bills and not having to rely on donations.

We could even tie it to a whitelist, being that if they've paid they get access. This would stop any greifers from joining and cut down on the need for masses of plugins. 

It's just an idea that's floating around in my head at the moment

Apex.
  • Apex.

Alright?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

I honestly would donate but at this time I cannot, the debit card which I use is my mothers (which I pay in my own money to clarify lol) and she would find it odd me paying some random people over the internet (in her eyes). I'm sure I could find some workaround if you really need money because I do enjoy the server. I believe I've just hit age to get a debit card so I might be able to donate when I get that going.

Moth
  • Moth

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

I honestly would donate but at this time I cannot, the debit card which I use is my mothers (which I pay in my own money to clarify lol) and she would find it odd me paying some random people over the internet (in her eyes). I'm sure I could find some workaround if you really need money because I do enjoy the server. I believe I've just hit age to get a debit card so I might be able to donate when I get that going.

Debit card? As in the card that is linked directly to your bank account? Shouldn't you be using a credit card, since that adds a buffer between your bank account and whatever you want to buy on the internet?

Apex.
  • Apex.

Alright?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

Debit card? As in the card that is linked directly to your bank account? Shouldn't you be using a credit card, since that adds a buffer between your bank account and whatever you want to buy on the internet?

To be honest I have no idea, I always assumed a debit card was linked to your bank and a credit card was a card which you borrowed money from. I'm still learnin' your grown-up world! :p

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

It actually sounds like a solid idea if you can figure it out, Andrew. And maybe we could do a free night once a week or so to attract new players?  Maybe?

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

To be honest, I don't think it's going to work with our player base.

At the current cost, we'd need 20 people to be paying the 50p suggested just to cover 1 months bill. First of all, that isn't going to happen. Even at our most (and I mean very) active times, we'd have a max of about 13/14/15 people. Some of those like Apex and Kalvin aren't going to be able to pay for it. Some people won't want to have to pay to play at all and won't even join the subscription in the first place, so the number of people out of that active list is in fact very low. We have 46 people whitelisted, but never have we got above 15 people on at once and some of the names on it haven't been on in months (even before GTA V).

Yes, it's not fair that the same people keep the donation pot topped up on each occasion that we run out, but at the end of the day we don't have enough people to cover it and those who are responsible for that cash (at the moment, me) well I honestly couldn't afford to top it up each month when we don't get enough. There is also no incentive at all to have to subscribe to a vanilla server that has next to nothing built on it currently, i.e. no perks plus our user base comes from a forum about another game that only came out last month.

The server is currently dead and has been for nearly two months, asking our whitelist to start paying, even a tiny amount, well we might as well stop the server completely from now. 

That's just my 2 cents, Andrew owns the server ultimately but I know from practically running it the last year or so that it just won't work with the players we have.

/essay

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:49 PM Edited by Secura, 18 October 2013 - 10:49 PM.

Kirsty... You said you were watching Netflix! But you had the time to type out that essay?

DAMN IT WOMAN Y U NO PLAY WIV ME?

On the topic of a mandatory bill to be able to play. No, it just wouldn't work and we'd be constricting the few people we have that currently visit the server regularly anyway, it just would not, under any circumstances work with our current player-base. 

Moth
  • Moth

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:07 AM

Kirsty... You said you were watching Netflix! But you had the time to type out that essay?

It's pretty easy to watch something and type something up. It's pretty much impossible to play a game and type something.

And who the f*ck would want to play with you nova?

• Rown likes this

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:42 AM Edited by Secura, 19 October 2013 - 04:49 AM.

It's pretty easy to watch something and type something up. It's pretty much impossible to play a game and type something.

And who the f*ck would want to play with you nova?

mof dont f*ck wiv me m8, im f*ckin armed an dengrus ova ere u get me1!

fukin nyb.

anyoenelse feellikeeatin iceream? yah thatd be gr8 icecrame forerryone

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:32 AM

On the topic of a mandatory bill to be able to play. No, it just wouldn't work and we'd be constricting the few people we have that currently visit the server regularly anyway, it just would not, under any circumstances work with our current player-base.

What the hell do you know about it not working? I'm fed up of people freeloading and then complaining when things don't go their way on the server and then seeing the same people donate time and time again to keep this place running.

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

What the hell do you know about it not working? I'm fed up of people freeloading and then complaining when things don't go their way on the server and then seeing the same people donate time and time again to keep this place running.

I myself have run a number of small Minecraft servers, getting people to donate to keep them running was by far one of the most annoying parts of running one, besides having to wait all day for my help tickets to get through but I'm digressing. Andrew, you and I both know that we don't have enough people that would be willing to pay to play on the server, we barely have enough members that are even capable of doing so let alone actually doing it. 

If you were to implement such a feature you would see a sharp drop in server activity, with the only people actually playing being the ones who "donate time and time again to keep the server running". It would work against what you're trying to achieve here as you'd then be limiting server activity to only those who donate, from what I can tell Otter and Rown seem to be the only donors so you'd have a maximum amount of two people (not including other staff of course) who could be playing at one time.

In all honesty, I'd say I know a fair bit about why it wouldn't work, there's not reason to be pissed at me for pointing out fairly obvious flaws in the idea that you had made with (I'm sure) the best of intentions. Hell, I'd be willing to pay the 50 pence to play on the server, but I'm not sure everyone would and even if they wanted to, if they'd bother with the hassle of going through with it, as everyone has a different financial situation and shouldn't be penalised for not having any disposable income. 

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

I'm on if anyone else wants to play.

I seem to have lost mod powers though, even though cp didn't ever let us rollback

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

So Otter lost his mod powers and I'm banned? Explanations are in order.

MiniMan2.0
  • MiniMan2.0

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

how much does it cost to run this server a month??

Rown
  • Rown

Sturm

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

So Otter lost his mod powers and I'm banned? Explanations are in order.

Cartoon-Character-Mutley-Laughing.gif

Rown :rampage:

NAME CHANGE LOL
  • NAME CHANGE LOL

Say pal, you don't look so good.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

What if you sold Cash Cards on the server. For just $3.99 you can get 100 diamond blocks!

Thanks Rockstar!

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

IM ONLINE NOW BURNIN' YER HOUSES

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:19 AM

Griefer! NOT MY IRON TRENCH!?!!?!.

Oh wait, you can't burn iron. Suck it Otter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users