Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTAF Minecraft Server

5,225 replies to this topic

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:51 AM Edited by 860, 03 July 2013 - 10:55 AM.

The main reason I haven't been playing on the server is because it is not 100% pure survival. I really dislike people spawning in items to build their stuff. Sounds kind of stupid since it's not really affecting me personally but I just really hate it.

Me, epoxi and adam have been playing on 2b2t.org lately. It's an anarchy survival server. Kill who you want, take what you want. You don't only need to protect your base from mobs but from other players too. The map itself is 3 years old and has been slowly eaten away by over 46,000 people. It is the closest you can get to a post apocalyptic survival in Minecraft while still being completely Vanilla. I'm not saying that's what the server needs but for me it's just way more enjoyable.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (860 @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 10:51)
The main reason I haven't been playing on the server is because it is not 100% pure survival. I really dislike people spawning in items to build their stuff. Sounds kind of stupid since it's not really affecting me personally but I just really hate it.

Me, epoxi and adam have been playing on 2b2t.org lately. It's an anarchy survival server. Kill who you want, take what you want. You don't only need to protect your base from mobs but from other players too. The map itself is 3 years old and has been slowly eaten away by over 46,000 people. It is the closest you can get to a post apocalyptic survival in Minecraft while still being completely Vanilla. I'm not saying that's what the server needs but for me it's just way more enjoyable.

That sounds like a possible way to go, I quite like the idea of a post apocalyptic survival server with no rules. Could aim for some interesting security creations.

Apex.
  • Apex.

Alright?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

Oh god... If PvP is being allowed. I'm going to be massacred constantly tounge.gif . I like the idea though, I'd definitely be up for something like that, obviously with no livemap that feeling you could be raided at any point could be interesting.

As for the creative/survival thing I personally sway more to creative because of some of the amazing stuff that can be built (plus I die a lot less) but then again I don't mind survival. I like the idea of there being a zone for creative, and a zone for survival, best of both worlds, hannah montana business.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Annoying Forum Member

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

Oh god... If PvP is being allowed. I'm going to be massacred constantly tounge.gif .

Now you know how I feel.
becoming inactive as a direct result of how the server is run anyway, except for Kalvin but that's just Kalvin and his ways.

Well, if you're talking about me not being on for the last 4 days, it's because I've been playing IV constantly non-stop, no Skype, no GTAF, no YouTube, nothing.

It was pretty awesome though, loved playing it again after all this time, last time I played it was around 2 years ago I believe.
/offtopic

NAME CHANGE LOL
  • NAME CHANGE LOL

Say pal, you don't look so good.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (Apex. @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 02:49)
Oh god... If PvP is being allowed. I'm going to be massacred constantly tounge.gif .

Only like 30 times. Then I'd just lock you in my dungeon.

Apex.
  • Apex.

Alright?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (TEoS @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 13:32)
QUOTE (Apex. @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 02:49)

Only like 30 times. Then I'd just lock you in my dungeon.

Ramsay?! Nooooo! cry.gif

The more I think about it the more I would prefer a PvP type server... Puts the survive back into survival..

user posted image

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

Guys, when "economy" is mentioned, we're talking about the vanilla economy of the game. Like, diamonds are actually worth something (not so in creative) etc.

I'm of two minds. Without proper survival mode, we're just building a model in a bottle. It's kinda fun (building an entire deserted island from scratch has certainly been fun) but it also kinda breaks the game. TeOS's point about empty skyscrapers and all.
With survival, you need to count on your friends more, you need to be a little more proactive, you need to watch your back. Building that space needle eithout flight was rather fun, then having to build another building just so I could get a good view of it? That's minecraft, baby.

On the other hand, Kirsty, I think you're wrong when you say not much has happened since creative was doled out. Keep in mind some folks had it long before this week to some degree and everyone's been flying around for, like, a month. We've built some amazing things. And to Oyster's point, we've been enjoying so much activity thanks to our rad map, openness to newbs (relative), and relaxed atmosphere. Even with the whinging kids.

So I don't know. I'd say repeal the stunted creative mode, kill the special enchantments, make flying only a special occaision thing, and....

I freakin love the idea of an anarchy "zone". A huge, marked off area, where anything goes. Mordor, if you will. Huge, like, a quarter of the map. Mods would need some kimd of scripted indication if a kill was outside of that area, but aside from that it'd be a pretty simple honor system. You don't wanna get killed? Stay outta the death zone.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

Yeah, whenever I say economy I don't mean an actual plugin with money, I mean the value of blocks and how much people have.

As for your other point, I didn't mean to sound like I think no one has built anything, I think this is the best map we've ever had on the server, I just meant that great things were started and finished with survival without complaints and progress in the actual city and other main areas has slowed.. we've spread out again and most of the community warps are lifeless.

I agree it's time to nip things like fly and repairs in the bud to start off with.

The post apocalyptic RP would certainly be fun; we could create factions and remove chest lock for raiding. It might be hard to create that within a normal survival map though since plugins have to be either on or off, but perhaps just a PvP region would work.

Dnero
  • Dnero

B4.DA.$$

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

People with different time zones could take advantage of this 'raid' though.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

Yeah, whereas chestlock would be your only protection, should you wish to "rough it". But you could still coat your enemy's chests with lava. angry.gif

I dunno. Sounds like a lot of fun to me.

edit - in b4 "coating chests" jokes

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Annoying Forum Member

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 18:19)
But you could still coat your enemy's chests with lava. angry.gif

I did that to stuey once tounge.gif

NAME CHANGE LOL
  • NAME CHANGE LOL

Say pal, you don't look so good.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

Could be an honor system of no raiding offline players (after all, they could do it to you) or players would just be expected to have to put security in their homes. Bury their chests, set up traps, the hole 9 yards. It's supposed to be brutal.

Apex.
  • Apex.

Alright?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (DneroJohnson @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 17:14)
People with different time zones could take advantage of this 'raid' though.

Hide your stuff well, maybe set up some redstone traps or something. That would be part of the fun, figuring out what to do if a raid were to happen. I personally really like this idea and think it would be a good idea. Regarding the economy there could be like a trading center of something where you barter and such, whether people would follow these rules I'm not sure but it's worth a try. Even though I'm terrible at Minecraft I'd love like a chaos zone.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

With chestlock, it's possible (albeit expensive) to build impenetrable chambers. Plus, yeah, trap setting? Super fun.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 17:19)
Yeah, whereas chestlock would be your only protection, should you wish to "rough it". But you could still coat your enemy's chests with lava. angry.gif

I dunno. Sounds like a lot of fun to me.

edit - in b4 "coating chests" jokes

did someone mention chests?

Matty256
  • Matty256

Adrenaline Ace

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom
  • R* Verified Race "The Gordo Run"

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

I've found all this in the nether from one fortress, alot of good stuff, looks easy to get hold of.

anyone who's on the server want any horse armor ill give it away, expect from the diamond armor that ill trade for.

user posted image

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 19:05)

Don't... it's bringing back memories of your fondling mine sad.gif

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

We're trying out the "anything goes" rules on this vanilla map. Within common courtesy, obviously. Fun so far.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:53 PM Edited by epoxi, 03 July 2013 - 08:00 PM.

The best way to defend from raiders is to use an ender chest. Obviously you have to choose carefully what you put in it because it only has the capacity of a single chest, so that way things stay interesting and items can still be raided from bases.

I have quite enjoyed the 2b2t server because you have to constantly watch your back, though saying that 860, adam and I have built up quite a community already without anyone bothering us, but only because we have moved 50,000 units away from spawn (though there are old bases and griefed things we have found close by dated March 2013). The main drawback with the server though is that after 4 years of having 40+ people constantly online, we are living on quite old chunks and still have yet to catch even a glimpse of newer stuff like gem ore and quartz.

On 2b2t, one of the most exciting parts of the game is escaping the spawn area and starting a new life, the place is quite insane with no resources to be seen for quite a distance (see below). Big album here too.

user posted image

I would be all for a GTAF no-rules, all out anarchy server (maybe with the exception of hacks, but either way it's still fun). It would be interesting to see how people's true characters show and what people come up with. There would have to be limits imposed on the map size though (maybe 5,000x5,000?) because otherwise people will just run a million miles away and live peacefully in stagnation.

However leaving the current map, I would feel bad for people like Ryan who have invested a lot into their huge creations while never having seen them used, maybe we could paste some of them dotted around the new server map for people to pillage and grief, giving a true post-apocalyptic feel. biggrin.gif

Bad.boy!
  • Bad.boy!

SA modder

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

I had my own server once with the rule no griefing and that was basically it. It became a disaster since one guy hunted all day long for other players and looted everything. This started a little war and everyone rage quitted in the end. I don't know if it will work out well on this server.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (Kirsty @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 18:23)
QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 19:05)

Don't... it's bringing back memories of your fondling mine sad.gif

What do you expect when you leave them exposed in the middle of noobtown!

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (epoxi @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 22:53)
escaping the spawn area

You know you're in deep sh*t when dirt is a valuable resource.

I think it took me about 10-15 deaths to make it out of the wastelands before starving or getting killed on the way.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (860 @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 22:11)
You know you're in deep sh*t when dirt is a valuable resource.

I remember Adam and I scaling the cobble towers to reach a tiny tree cloud. We punched it, obtaining 2 wood and 1 sapling...we carried those with more care than I have ever appropriated to even a stack of diamonds.

rhyn
  • rhyn

SRS BSNS

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (epoxi @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 19:53)
I have quite enjoyed the 2b2t server because you have to constantly watch your back,

I've spent a bit of time on that server alright. Every time I make it out of spawn I just die of hunger.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:08 AM

So long as we're doing this no server rules and do whatever you want thing, I won't be on the server. I enjoy being able to just building stuff, not being killed every 30 seconds.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:25 AM

Building is still very possible if you stick together, I assume most TPL residents will be friendly to one another and we can build community where we fight off the griefers. Once structures reach a certain size, people tend not to grief them properly as it's just too much effort, they may get nibbled at the edges but demolition on that scale is so tedious you may as well be building or mining.

Wood is of course a risky material though. I have a 2b2t house that is wood, but inside it is completely smoothstone so if the whole thing was set on fire, the building would still stand. I also put iron bars behind the glass windows. turn.gif

android
  • android

Something witty, something sh*tty

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:26 AM

user posted image

if i buy that i can play on the server?

unopieceo
  • unopieceo

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:46 AM

yes indeed

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (Ryan @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 18:08)
So long as we're doing this no server rules and do whatever you want thing, I won't be on the server. I enjoy being able to just building stuff, not being killed every 30 seconds.

It's just a temp map until the plugins are updated.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:41 AM

The post apocalyptic RP would certainly be fun; we could create factions and remove chest lock for raiding. It might be hard to create that within a normal survival map though since plugins have to be either on or off, but perhaps just a PvP region would work

I'd just run the server like that for a little while and see how things go? With standard "I wanna just build" we end up going full circle all the time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users