Photo

GTAF Minecraft Server

4,918 replies to this topic
Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

We've noticed some griefing on the server today, chests being moved and signs placed everywhere, and the spawn noticeboard being destroyed but not fixed. We do not tolerate any form of griefing on the server, the user in question has now been banned.

Edmachine
  • Edmachine

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

Speaking of banning... Why am I banned?

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

I take it the server is down?

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Monday, Sep 3 2012, 19:47)
I take it the server is down?

Ran out of memory... again. It's back up now.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013
    Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Helpfulness Award [GTAF]

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

Chestlock is now active.

Place a chest and it automatically locks, or type the following commands for those already placed:

/cprivate - to lock
/cremove - to unlock

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013
    Helpfulness Award [GTAF]

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:19 AM

The spawn room has had a face lift, it had to be open air because I've edited the actual spawn into there as well so it's the same as /spawn. Sorry to whoever owned the bed and mines.

A new city has popped up north east of Egypt city, it's Sandy Boot from Map 4 biggrin.gif it's far out but it'll be worth the trek; we can set up a train line and I'll also world edit some better landscaping in over the next few days.

Rown
  • Rown

weltvolkzeit

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:39 AM

Rown mourns the loss of his bed & mines.

If an admin happens upon this and I'm on I could use some assistance.

Thanks for bringing back Sandy Boot, though.

Rown rampage_ani.gif

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013
    Helpfulness Award [GTAF]

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:18 PM Edited by Kirsty, 04 September 2012 - 10:31 PM.

Start collecting your ender pearls, I just discovered a stronghold complete with end portal while doing the tunnel to Sandy Boot.

Edit: Cart to Sandy Boot is now operational, take it next to the City line from the spawn train station.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:59 AM Edited by Pat, 05 September 2012 - 03:43 AM.

It would've been real f*cking nice to know there was a hole straight to bedrock in one of the Sandy Boot buildings. I just lost 30 iron and 20 levels of experience because of that thing, and I have no way to get to it fast enough to get it back.

Edit: apparently the hole is from a bug that happened because of the map transfer. If I could get my iron (ingots, armor & tools), wood, and coal back I would really f*cking appreciate it. The rest was miscellaneous sh*t that I don't particularly care about. I really don't think I deserve to lose all of my valuable stuff because of a bug, though. To be specific, I had 10-11 Iron Ingots, brand new set of Iron Armor (minus helmet), a brand new Iron Sword, Pickaxe and Wood Axe, a stack of coal, 2 stacks of Oak Logs, 1 stack of Spruce Logs, and ~40 bones. I can't remember the rest of the stuff I had.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:00 AM

If your on for another hour or so il pop on before work and sort it out. If not then will have to sort it later.

Rown
  • Rown

weltvolkzeit

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:30 AM

I also suffered item loss from stupid glitch stuff.

I was riding the rail to Sandy Boot when it appeared I was underground. I /spawn'd and seemed to be riding down the tracks again. I got nervous and logged off/on and loaded underground. Not sure where. Then died and my body drifted to the black hole.

I normally limit myself to just griping in chat, but it took me a while to get to level 30 and enchant a diamond pick (basically Efficiency III, Unbreaking III, Fortune III). Do I have recourse other than doing it all again?

Rown rampage_ani.gif

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:51 AM

Unfortunately Minecraft is full of bugs, bugs which could do with being fixed... but it seems they'd rather add decorative items..

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:10 AM

Let's worry about it later Oyster. Something is obviously wrong with your Java client, and I didn't plan on playing that much more tonight anyway.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:14 AM

Yeah sorry pat

something deffently isn't right!

user posted image

Well I might add after this round of reinstatements we are not going to be able to do this everytime a glitch occurs. Try to avoid using /spawn as iv'e only been on the server once since the new map and that all i see happning it's obviously broken. And Pat watch where your walking lol!

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Wednesday, Sep 5 2012, 02:14)
And Pat watch where your walking lol!

More like "don't stand between holes and Testificates." I didn't even know the damn thing was there until he pushed me into it while I was trying to trade with him. I indeed will be more cautious, though - especially in areas like the city and Sandy Boot, which were transferred from other maps.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:20 AM

Owned by a squidworth that's just embarrassing. Everyone take note though at what pat just said be careful around the cut in regions!

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013
    Helpfulness Award [GTAF]

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:29 AM

Any holes to bedrock would have already been there in the imported cities, since editing them in replaces a whole selected area of chunks, it doesn't remove any that would result in holes. If you happen to come across any put a sign or water down them and let one of us know so we can fill them in.

/spawn is a teleport command with set co-ordinates and chunks are only loaded if a player is in that area, so quickly moving through chunks on a rail and then suddenly wanting the server to render chunks at spawn is going to sometimes cause glitches especially if you're the only one online, so just remember this before using it.

Ask me later if Oyster hasn't sorted you all out by then.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:43 AM

I asked Otter about the hole and it was apparently a chute to a mine with water at the bottom to cushion the fall, but the water was lost in the map transfer.

UberChargedCJ
  • UberChargedCJ

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

Minecraft sucks because of lag IMO

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:53 AM

Well im at work now so probably wont get chance to sort it. I beleive its a problem with minecraft as on login since 1.2.5 i have spawned up either 3 blocks above my original position or 3 blocks below.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:50 PM Edited by Pat, 05 September 2012 - 11:28 PM.

I actually don't need to have my lost items restored anymore. I found a cave particularly rich in iron, and I've already got more than I lost. The wood and cobble are a pain, but those are easy to replace on my own. I greatly appreciate the willingness to help restore the items, though.

Edit: any chance I could inquire about renting this house, Otter? Note that I said rent, not buy - I'd like to have somewhere to stay while collecting resources for the house I'm going to build to the East. I'd be willing to offer 8-10 Iron Ingots.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:51 AM

Free of charge, Pat my boy. Just don't burn it down.

Be wary that I think one of those has a toilet that goes down pretty deep too... so don't go spelunking in the sh*tter. wink.gif

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE (Otter @ Wednesday, Sep 5 2012, 19:51)
Free of charge, Pat my boy. Just don't burn it down.

Be wary that I think one of those has a toilet that goes down pretty deep too... so don't go spelunking in the sh*tter. wink.gif

Yeah, that's the one on the far right. There's already a family of about ten Testificates in that one, though, so I'll stick with the one on the left.

And I'm at least going to give you back the Iron you gave me last night. It's the least I can do.

will136
  • will136

Lost and the Damned

• Members

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:12 AM

cookie chest @ roof waiting area @ the station near /spawn ... take what you need ... donations of iron ingots for same would be appreciated but not required ... enjoy ...

rhyn
  • rhyn

SRS BSNS

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

Nice one will

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

If anyone needs food, the pig spawners at the community center in LC still work. I idled in there for five or six minutes and ended up with a stack of cooked porkchops.

Rown
  • Rown

weltvolkzeit

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:59 AM

Creeper damage along the covered road and at old spawn. Looks a bit suspicious. I patched most of the holes on the road (needs a real fix, though).

Rown rampage_ani.gif

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

QUOTE (Rown @ Friday, Sep 7 2012, 05:59)
Creeper damage along the covered road and at old spawn. Looks a bit suspicious. I patched most of the holes on the road (needs a real fix, though).

Rown rampage_ani.gif

I'm beginning to wonder about Creeper damage, is it being purposely set off. Or are Creepers suddenly randomly exploding without anyone being there.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:32 AM

Perhaps we could reintroduce the plugin where Creepers only damage players and not terrain? Or has that not been updated for 1.3.2 yet? I always thought that was a really nice plugin.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (Andrew @ Friday, Sep 7 2012, 06:26)
QUOTE (Rown @ Friday, Sep 7 2012, 05:59)

Rown rampage_ani.gif

I'm beginning to wonder about Creeper damage, is it being purposely set off. Or are Creepers suddenly randomly exploding without anyone being there.

A creeper can be set off by a skeleton if he is shooting at another player and it hits him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users