Photo

Street Fighter IV

26 replies to this topic
Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

Anybody on the forums play Street Fighter IV? I'd Love to find some people who are begginers too!

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

yer ma's got athlete's foot!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

I play AE and a little SFxT/3S/HF.

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

On the Xbox? How long you been playing?

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:43 AM Edited by Benjimino234, 01 September 2012 - 02:46 AM.

Not into Street Fighter, although I do play SfxTK quite regularly reason being it seems to be the only fighter I can get a decent connection into because no one plays the other titles I want to. First time playing a SF title and I only did get it for its popularity and Tekken Characters. I'm definitely more of a King Of Fighters player and I'm gonna get Persona 4 Arena. I do host the SFxTK Topic by chance with a magnificent 0 replies. I also host the KoFXIII topic but yeah not many fighter players I've seen here.

I play the 360 and my GT is Vitrolic Edge, you can find people's GT by clicking their 360 badge in signature if they enabled it. I'm fairly beginner level, only D rank so yeah - I do like to think I know my stuff though. Being in Australia sucks too, prime time night equals to early mornings in the U.S so matches are hard to come by with good connections.

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:29 AM

0 replies? That sucks confused.gif

I think fighting games take quite a bit of time to get into though. Shame you don't have SFIV, I've watched my brother play SFxTK and it's pretty much the same as SFIV. If you ever buy it you'll have to hit us up! I'm still a major newbie too. I've being playing El Fuerte for about ten hours, but without an arcade stick it's nigh on impossible. I played 20 matches, and only won one of them last night. I don't know if that shows tha the community are very skilled, I'm very crap or that I have great perseverance. I've got the problem with time-zones too. The hours that Americans and Japanese come online I'm already pretty tired. I suck at Street Fighter when I'm even remotely tired.

SFIV is pretty cheap actually, so I'd recommend you buy it. Can practic together if you're ever online at the same time as me smile.gif

DestaliusDark
  • DestaliusDark

Not Gonna Happen.

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:51 AM

yeah i play SF4 arcade edition on PC ;D
But i don't like it that much.

Im a big fan of The King Of Fighters series, they just blow my mind with epic combos and attacks, and sweet music.
KOF is my all time fave fighting series, so i play those :3

you can still play NeoGeo games online with an emulator smile.gif

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:45 AM

I play Ryu, badly. If you want to play some, I've not really got room to spare on my friends list but hit me up anyway. 360 or PC, EmSixTeen UK.

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:11 AM

Alright, man. That would be good, as I play El Fuerte averagely. Seeing as though he's the weakest character in the game, and one of the hardest to play, we should be a good match biggrin.gif

Good you're in UK too, should have a good connection icon14.gif

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

Fuerte, the weakest character in the game, and one of the hardest to play? He's not top tier, but he's a gimmick mixup character who definitely isn't at the bottom.

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

Not weakest in terms of being sh*t or anything, weak as in the physical amount of damage he can take. He's got a very low tolerance to hits. Seriously, it only takes a few combo's to knock me out. Luckily, I know how to do the mix-up and I find him so fun to play! No other character is as fun (for me at least!)

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

When'll you be on if you wanna play some games?

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

Dunno, man, whenever. You sure you don't have one person you can delete off your F/L? Make it easier to see if you're online smile.gif

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

I always keep a slot open so that I can send/receive requests like.

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:56 AM

Alright, man, I'll add you shortly icon14.gif

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

played Sf tekken and SF IV before. hated both of them. i just have no interest in fighting games

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Monday, Sep 3 2012, 09:05)
played Sf tekken and SF IV before. hated both of them. i just have no interest in fighting games

That'll be down to having no idea how to play it properly. smile.gif

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

Yo! Sorry I still haven't added you, man. Haven't been able to get on Live. Might be another week or two before I can get back on. Just a heads up! icon14.gif

Attorney General
  • Attorney General

psychonaut

• None

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:48 AM

Hell yeah, dude. I love SF. I'm definitely going to be pretty rusty seeing as I haven't played in about six months or so. But I'm down for some games.

I mix it up quite a bit. Bison is my main, and I'm probably a little above average with him. But I like playing with Fei Long, Gen, Sagat, Akuma, Balrog, El Fuerte, Rose, Dhalsim and Abel. I really dig Rufus too. But I'm just awful with him. Seen some world class players tear sh*t up with him. I just have a hard time picking his game up.

@Diggydog, do you mess with the challenges at all? If I remember correctly, I only had two left for Fuerte. Both were giving me headaches, but the one HP, HP, HP was driving me nuts. Have you pulled that one off?

My gamertag is Bee Hop and I have AE. Any of you guys can feel free to friend me.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:42 AM

I remember me and my mate were playing street fighter agas ago...But to be honest? I'm kind of sh*t playing fighting games for some reason or i haven't played any of them that much.

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:54 AM

Attorney, yeah I checked them out. I still haven't got an arcade stick and I think it's pretty much impossible to hit some of those combos on a pad. I think I did all of them up until 14, then did a couple randoms after that. I'll add you when I get Live back too. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

DragonJack, yeah they take so much perseverance to even break into the 'beginner' level of player.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (Diggdydog @ Sunday, Sep 9 2012, 17:54)
Attorney, yeah I checked them out. I still haven't got an arcade stick and I think it's pretty much impossible to hit some of those combos on a pad. I think I did all of them up until 14, then did a couple randoms after that. I'll add you when I get Live back too. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

DragonJack, yeah they take so much perseverance to even break into the 'beginner' level of player.

Hmm..Actually ill give street fighter a go some time.

Attorney General
  • Attorney General

psychonaut

• None

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (Diggdydog @ Sunday, Sep 9 2012, 03:54)
Attorney, yeah I checked them out. I still haven't got an arcade stick and I think it's pretty much impossible to hit some of those combos on a pad. I think I did all of them up until 14, then did a couple randoms after that. I'll add you when I get Live back too.  Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Yeah, man...you're right. It's tough without a stick, but I actually got used to the 360 controller after a while. I know a lot of guys love the SF pad and I heard there's actually a handful of top players that just use a regular controller on PS3. I'm not sure about xbox, but I imagine there's a few out there as well.

I know you said you use Fuerte, and Em said he mains Ryu, but do guys you mix it up at all? I find that most players have at least two or three go-to characters that they're comfortable with. Just curious.

And yeah...definitely hit me up when you get back on live. I've been jonesing since you mentioned it the other day.

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

Group: Leone Mafia Family

• Members

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:55 AM

AE on PC is a f*cking MASTERPIECE of FABULOUS porting done RIGHT

It looks beautiful, too. I play it from time to time. I wanna get MvsC3 now, but Capcom doesn't port it over to PC for some reason.

Regardless, AE is a great game. I mostly main Cody nowadays. Wanted to get out of the shoto-character type sh*t. Too bad the SFIV scene is mostly dead nowadays.

and SFXT was DOA

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (E.A.B. @ Tuesday, Sep 11 2012, 04:55)
AE on PC is a f*cking MASTERPIECE of FABULOUS porting done RIGHT

It looks beautiful, too. I play it from time to time. I wanna get MvsC3 now, but Capcom doesn't port it over to PC for some reason.

Regardless, AE is a great game. I mostly main Cody nowadays. Wanted to get out of the shoto-character type sh*t. Too bad the SFIV scene is mostly dead nowadays.

and SFXT was DOA

It's still pretty active on the XBox 360. I normally play as either Zangief or T Hawk. Zangief can handle fireball spammers not bad. T Hawk is easy meat for them though unless your super patient. T Hawk's second Ultra is brilliant for catching people as they jump in.

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:05 PM

I hate playing against T.Hawk!! tounge.gif

Yeah, I think some people really like the SFPad, but I'm not too sure I the regular PS3/ Xbox controller. To me the layout is just so bad and doesn't allow you the opportunity to string together decent combos. When I was in London we went to an arcade full of people playing fighting games, I didn't see any of them opt for the usual controller.

I mainly play as El Fuerte, but I also use Cody online a bit. I think it's true. Most people invest a lot of time into getting good with a couple of characters, and tend to only use the others in Arcade mode. If you spend ages getting good with one person, then why risk it with a weak character I guess. I've had quite a number of times I've played as Cody and just started thinking 'if I used El Fuerte I could have had this guy'. Weather it's true or not, it still makes me think twise about using Cody.

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:09 PM

Sure is nice hearing discussions about Street Fighter here on gtaf... sigh, I always have to go to shoryuken forums to get my fighting game enthusiasm out. I main Yoshi/Juri in SFxT and I sometimes watch some ssf4 gameplay of her.

I say she has really improved going into SFxT with being able to jump cancel her cr.hp to jp.hk for ground bounce. Also jp.mp to Shikusen dive kick is handy too. So many anti-air options and to me doesn't seem as strong as she is in SFxT - a lot more moves are unsafe from far as I can tell. But anyway, what's the deal with Dan? I've heard he's the 'worst' character, is that true? He does seem like a joke character with all his moves and animation being comical and all - when I first saw his forward throw that was pretty funny.

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

I love that after you posted how nice it is seeing SF conversation, the posting stopped. biggrin.gif

Anyways, I finally got my web access on Xbox back, so I'm still up for a few sparring sessions with you guys when I'm back in form icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users