Photo

Turn Signals/Blinkers in GTA V?

175 replies to this topic
ALeonard28
  • ALeonard28

Ravenclaw Prefect

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

For anyone who has played Saints Row: The Third, you may have noticed there was a flawed and unfinished feature. If you set a waypoint on the map and entered a vehicle, when you approached an intersection the left, or right, blinker would flicker corresponding with which way the gps was suggesting you go.

Now, as I mentioned before, it was flawed in Saints Row: The Third as it only seemed to work on the first turn. But I think this is the perfect system as it's absolutely hassle free and quite ingenious.

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

Why?

If we had blinkers, the npc would just blink to the left and turn to the right, but sometimes blink to the left and turn left, or they would blink with both blinkers.

But seriously, why?

ShotGunRain
  • ShotGunRain

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (JuventusFC @ Wednesday, Nov 7 2012, 08:14)
QUOTE (ShotGunRain @ Wednesday, Nov 7 2012, 07:36)
QUOTE (mitchnorton @ Wednesday, Nov 7 2012, 06:48)
SO POINTLESS!!! Like I'm gonna be in my car, chased at a six-star wanted level, and approach a left turn being like: "Oh sh*t, forgot to indicate."
Like most of us who play GTA drive carefully anyway.

Some people like to role play and obey traffic rules stopping at stop signs using indicators etc.

Go and f*cking drive in real life then lameass. This is GRAND THEFT AUTO, not REAL LIFE TRAFFIC SIMULATOR.

The stupidity of people here never ceases to amaze me.

Did i insult you in my post? I just gave my opinion that lots of players role play just like they role play as a cop pulling people over and such.

The_Regulator
  • The_Regulator

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

The closest thing we got to that was being able to adjust the Headlights in GTA IV. A cool anecdote, but nothing really intuitive either. Turn Signals in conjunction with this would be great.

norcalian
  • norcalian

California. Born and raised.

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

SO POINTLESS!!! Like I'm gonna be in my car, chased at a six-star wanted level, and approach a left turn being like: "Oh sh*t, forgot to indicate."

Some people like to role play and obey traffic rules stopping at stop signs using indicators etc.

Go and f*cking drive in real life then lameass. This is GRAND THEFT AUTO, not REAL LIFE TRAFFIC SIMULATOR.

Your hostility is uncalled for, friend. Some gamers get-off on believability, and love to role-play. Who the f*ck are to tell them what they should go do. GTA 2 had turn signals, so go suck a d*ck.

JuventusFC
  • JuventusFC

Vincere non importante, ma l'unica cosa che conta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (ShotGunRain @ Wednesday, Nov 7 2012, 08:44)

Did i insult you in my post? I just gave my opinion that lots of players role play just like they role play as a cop pulling people over and such.

That's not role playing, that's f*cking retarded. If you have enough 'imagination' (or retardation I would call it) to 'roleplay' in GTA then you should certainly have enough 'imagination' to make do without indicators despite everything that else that is missing for you role playing fags. You sound like you'd enjoy world of warcraft. Why don't you go and play that instead of spilling the sand from your vagina all over the forum?

QUOTE (norcalian @ Wednesday, Nov 7 2012, 09:07)

Your hostility is uncalled for, friend. Some gamers get-off on believability, and love to role-play. Who the f*ck are to tell them what they should go do. GTA 2 had turn signals, so go suck a d*ck.

It's very called for, the stupidity of many posters (yours included) is just BEGGING for it.

Nudg3r
  • Nudg3r

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

Mods. thats it.

norcalian
  • norcalian

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:22 AM Edited by norcalian, 07 November 2012 - 09:29 AM.

QUOTE (JuventusFC @ Wednesday, Nov 7 2012, 09:14)

That's not role playing, that's f*cking retarded. If you have enough 'imagination' (or retardation I would call it) to 'roleplay' in GTA then you should certainly have enough 'imagination' to make do without indicators despite everything that else that is missing for you role playing fags. You sound like you'd enjoy world of warcraft. Why don't you go and play that instead of spilling the sand from your vagina all over the forum?

It's very called for, the stupidity of many posters (yours included) is just BEGGING for it.

Well look at you. Life got you down? You clearly have some issues you need to work out. Calling people "fags" makes you sound like you're still in high-school. And if you're still in high-school, you're probably to mentally immature to be playing GTA.

hughesie27
  • hughesie27

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

Some absolutely fantastic trolling from the OP here. Folk still falling for it and arguing about it months later haha!
DUid guys see his original post? You know, with the ridiculous images?
Lol at tge guy who said it was a horrible idea and the stupidity of people ceases to amaze him!

JuventusFC
  • JuventusFC

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (norcalian @ Wednesday, Nov 7 2012, 09:22)

Well look at you. Life got you down? You clearly have some issues you need to work out. Calling people "fags" makes you sound like you're still in high-school. And if you're still in high-school, you're probably to mentally immature to be playing GTA.

lol.gif Says the guy telling me to 'go suck a dick'. Get off it kid.

And no, I'm past high school.

ayyob
  • ayyob

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

it'll be cool but what happen if i turned my right indicate then go left

JuventusFC
  • JuventusFC

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (ayyob @ Wednesday, Nov 7 2012, 10:05)
it'll be cool but what happen if i turned my right indicate then go left

The apocalypse, in real life world.

GeneticallyDifferent
  • GeneticallyDifferent

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

I would like to see NPC-s using blinkers,so they don't suddenly start changing lanes while I'm driving my bike at full speed.That would be nice,but for the player to use blinkers is just useless and not fun.In GTA you should break the law not drive by the rules.If you want that go play driving simulator.
It would only use up the buttons,that could be put to better use.
"....blocking people from modding the game." Are you insane?! If you don't want to mod the game FINE,but why would you want to stop others from modding??
That is pretty f*cked up attitude.

norcalian
  • norcalian

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (JuventusFC @ Wednesday, Nov 7 2012, 09:57)
QUOTE (norcalian @ Wednesday, Nov 7 2012, 09:22)

lol.gif Says the guy telling me to 'go suck a dick'. Get off it kid.

And no, I'm past high school.

I was imitating your behaviour. And I think I did a pretty good job at it, boy.

ALeonard28
  • ALeonard28

Ravenclaw Prefect

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (GeneticallyDifferent @ Wednesday, Nov 7 2012, 03:26)
I would like to see NPC-s using blinkers,so they don't suddenly start changing lanes while I'm driving my bike at full speed.That would be nice,but for the player to use blinkers is just useless and not fun.In GTA you should break the law not drive by the rules.If you want that go play driving simulator.
It would only use up the buttons,that could be put to better use.
"....blocking people from modding the game." Are you insane?! If you don't want to mod the game FINE,but why would you want to stop others from modding??
That is pretty f*cked up attitude.

Look back a page or two and read my post. It's a method that would add the blinkers feature without it taking up button space.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

I'd love to see this, prehaps L1/LB can be used as a modifier so LB+R3 = put up roof, LB+D pad left, indicate left etc

But i dont think R* will include them tbh

mitchnorton
  • mitchnorton

Fly High Pizza Pie

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

That's easier said than done. You tried stopping at a red light in GTA IV? The car behind you will start honking their horn and try to get in front of you, most likely smashing into you in the process. GTA traffic is too retarded to accurately role play.

mitchnorton
  • mitchnorton

Fly High Pizza Pie

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

A bit harsh, but my point exactly. If you want role-play driving there's a game called City Car Driving that was designed just for you.

Reemer
  • Reemer

Hustler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

I dont see the big deal. I want turning signals. If you dont want them, then dont use them.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (davetopper @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 20:39)
The next thing you'll want is wiper blades and an internal view.

Oh no, wait.

That is already wanted.

Self inflicted face plant to follow.

What's wrong with an internal view? OT: I would like AI drivers to have this, so we don't constantly rear end them when we're speeding down the freeways (Broker bridge in IV was nightmarish for this).

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

You know there is a page on FB called 'driving like a normal person on GTA' with a considerable amount of likes? It's not the aim of the game I know, but it's something a lot of us do from time to time if were bored in the game.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post

Afro Brother
  • Afro Brother

Are you hungry ?

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

@Trilllion,

How did you make your pictures transparent?

( I'm trying to say that how did you make these pictures without seeing the white background )

Helsinki
  • Helsinki

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

Yes, I'd love turn signals. icon14.gif

packardcaribien
  • packardcaribien

Let's blow some *&%# Up!

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (mitchnorton @ Wednesday, Nov 7 2012, 20:23)

A bit harsh, but my point exactly. If you want role-play driving there's a game called City Car Driving that was designed just for you.

Guys, the great thing about GTA is that it supports pretty much any playstyle, from the run and gun; disposable cars; try to run people over players all the way to people who methodically eliminate enemies and pretend to own a car and drive like a normal person in traffic.

It's not stupid, and it's not something that needs to be frowned upon if you don't drive like a madman. GTA should make it possible to do whatever you want; so yes, do not force turn signal, red light, or speed limit laws onto players who like to drive really fast and dodge traffic, but also don't force retarded NPC traffic behavior (including changing lanes randomly, ramming into you when you stop at a red light, or never ever indication) onto people who want to play their own way.

v17
  • v17

Contractor

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

I love the idea, but I don't think L1 and L2, I liked the whole L2 R2 for accelerate, decelerate.

I think they should be activated via the arrow buttons on the ps3, as most people never really use them while driving.

For me blinkers would be a grate improvement on the game.

Kurber
  • Kurber

SRMC VP / Kurber

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (Afro Brother @ Wednesday, Nov 7 2012, 20:38)
@Trilllion,

How did you make your pictures transparent?

( I'm trying to say that how did you make these pictures without seeing the white background )

I use Photoshop. I took the magic wand tool and clicked the white part of the picture. Then, I pressed DELETE, or you can use the background eraser tool smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users