• grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012
    Topic of the Year 2011 "GTA V Screenshot Fun"

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:04 AM

I'd rather be able to turn my lights completely off. So I can hide in allyways smile.gif

JoeJoeMcTwist
  • JoeJoeMcTwist

Sergeant at Arms

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:13 AM

I think it would be a cool feature but only if the traffic would react in someway to you putting your turn signals on ie. like letting you make a lane change, or passing on the right when your making a left or yelling something out the window like "you gonna make that right already? it's been clear for half an hour moron!"

TheGreene2010
  • TheGreene2010

GTA Forums is a hopeless wretched place

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:22 AM

EDIT: Nevermind blush.gif

packardcaribien
  • packardcaribien

Let's blow some *&%# Up!

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (Evil.Tim @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 10:50)
And one tiny thing. "Blinkers?" Seriously? It's only usually children that use the term, "blinkers." But never mind me. Carry on, folks.

I think it's british slang. You know, like bonnet for hood, boot for trunk, louvres for vents, blinkers for turn signals etc.

----

I'd like turn signals, and I think they be a neat detail. Maybe you can hold x and press D-PAD right for a right turn signal and vice versa. And if you smash the lights on your car, hitting the turn signal button will make the protag do the old-fashioned hand signals.

Shooticide
  • Shooticide

SRMC National VP

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (grope_4_that_date @ Wednesday, Sep 5 2012, 00:04)
I'd rather be able to turn my lights completely off. So I can hide in allyways smile.gif

That would be a neat feature as well. biggrin.gif

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Prepare for the Future

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2015
    Contribution Award [GTA Online]
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

[FONT=Courier] I would really love gta v if they had blinkers and wiper blades in gta it would add to realism to it happy.gif happy.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Prepare for the Future

• The Connection
  • Ireland
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (Columbo @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 21:00)
QUOTE (Trilllion @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 21:57)
QUOTE (Columbo @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 20:53)
I want to be able to take a nice slow sunday drive in the countryside, without some asshat npc driver ramming me from behind when I'm following the traffic rules. ph34r.gif

Knowing GTA, I don't think it will happen. I mean what GTA is there that NPC's don't ram you out of no where?

There should be some crazy drivers out there just for laughs, but I hope it won't be like IV, where all the npc drivers would freak out if Niko suddenly decided to drive according to the rules.

I agree. i hate in gta iv if you want to follow the rules of the road and stop at at a traffic lights the npc drivers ram into the back of you after 3 seconds

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:48 PM Edited by John The Grudge, 10 September 2012 - 02:55 PM.

QUOTE (packardcaribien @ Wednesday, Sep 5 2012, 00:36)
And one tiny thing. "Blinkers?" Seriously? It's only usually children that use the term, "blinkers." But never mind me. Carry on, folks.

I think it's british slang. You know, like bonnet for hood, boot for trunk, louvres for vents, blinkers for turn signals etc.

----

I'd like turn signals, and I think they be a neat detail. Maybe you can hold x and press D-PAD right for a right turn signal and vice versa. And if you smash the lights on your car, hitting the turn signal button will make the protag do the old-fashioned hand signals.

No we call them indicators. A nice macho term.

I don't like the idea of having to indicate. You could put it in there as a little thing to play with, without making it a rule to use them. It's not something I'm fussed with. I remember The Getaway series on the PS2 used the vehicle's indicators as a way of guiding the player to their destination. It looks a bit crap if you ignore them though.

Somebody above mentioned being able to turn off your lights completely at night. I quite like that idea.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Prepare for the Future

• The Connection
  • Ireland
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (John The Grudge @ Monday, Sep 10 2012, 14:48)

----

No we call them indicators. A nice macho term.

I don't like the idea of having to indicate. You could put it in there as a little thing to play with, without making it a rule to use them. It's not something I'm fussed with. I remember The Getaway series on the PS2 used the vehicle's indicators as a way of guiding the player to their destination. It looks a bit crap if you ignore them though.

Somebody above mentioned being able to turn off your lights completely at night. I quite like that idea.

I agree with turning off all the car lights at night stay hidden away from the police but indicaters would be awesome for role-playing

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Prepare for the Future

• The Connection
  • Ireland
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:16 PM

Indicators would be nice for role playing

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Prepare for the Future

• The Connection
  • Ireland
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

what 'bout hazard lights?

FrankieP
  • FrankieP

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

No.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Prepare for the Future

• The Connection
  • Ireland
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

Indicators would be great as an extra feature but not essential

BigJacob
  • BigJacob

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

You want through all this editing and trouble just to explain what turn signals are? You think people dont know ?

Anyway, stupid idea, sure they could add it, but its not even worth discussing.

So cool

BigJacob
  • BigJacob

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

And one tiny thing.  "Blinkers?"  Seriously?  It's only usually children that use the term, "blinkers."  But never mind me.  Carry on, folks.

We never ever use the word 'blinkers'...

Indicators is what your looking for.

A 2002
  • A 2002

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• Members
  • Iceland

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

I would love to have blinkers... I've been wanting that in every GTA / Driver game since 2000!

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (BigJacob @ Tuesday, Sep 11 2012, 16:56)

We never ever use the word 'blinkers'...

Indicators is what your looking for.

yeah, British people use Indicators and Bonnet, blinkers is an american word.

YukiEiri
  • YukiEiri

l33t nekkid skillz...

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (A2002 @ Wednesday, Sep 12 2012, 10:49)
I would love to have blinkers... I've been wanting that in every GTA / Driver game since 2000!

NPC's use them in IV. And they actually help avoid some crashes..
Or at least I've managed to avoid some crashes because of them.

In single-/multiplayer: No, we do not need to use them. There's no need to "waste" buttons from the controlle for that.

steven2805
  • steven2805

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:31 PM

As I think a lot of people have said, I don't think indicators would add much to the game.

However it could and I use could very lousily be done like the old driver games, indicators are automatic depending on your lane and speed. Obviously blazing down a road you not likely to be bothered with your lane.

Finally, no I don't think it should be a feature smile.gif

a3HeadedMonkey
  • a3HeadedMonkey

People Smuggler

• Members

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

This is not The Sims. Seriously, how do all these little role playing kids get their hands on an 18 rated game anyway? All I see is topic after topic about how they want to turn GTA into their virtual doll house. Go back to your action figures & toy cars & leave games like GTA to the adults that don't care about this stupid shit.

Burner
  • Burner

Big McLargehuge

• Members

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

Unless using indicators can somehow be used to blow things up, they would be a waste of button mapping.

CustardMoo
  • CustardMoo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:59 PM

mods would ruin it. I would like to see Rockstar improve on their security as in blocking people from modding the game.

Excuse me? in GTA: SA... Graphics mods, skins, cars,maps and other cool sh*t
GTA IV: Graphics mods skins cars, guns, maps, aeroplanes, other cool sh*t...

for me GTA games have been saved by modding material, GTA IV would be dead to me without mods, if R* did what you just said, half the people would buy the game, finish the story... then watch the dust cover the case.

Signal1
  • Signal1

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

I think thats a great idea. As long as they focus on vehicle dynamics first. The vehicles mostly drive like crap in IV.

JuventusFC
  • JuventusFC

Vincere non importante, ma l'unica cosa che conta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:46 AM

what a stupid f*cking idea

mitchnorton
  • mitchnorton

Fly High Pizza Pie

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

SO POINTLESS!!! Like I'm gonna be in my car, chased at a six-star wanted level, and approach a left turn being like: "Oh sh*t, forgot to indicate."
Like most of us who play GTA drive carefully anyway.

JPichay
  • JPichay

Ice Ice Baby

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

Turn signals and blinkers would be a nice addition, but its defintely not necessary. It would take up too much space for the button space, and with the limited amount of buttons for the controllers of the major consoles, a turn-signal would not be a significant control.

That being said, I do feel it should be made into a mod available for the PC version (if released) of GTA V instead of being made as a primary control in vehicle HUD.

ShotGunRain
  • ShotGunRain

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE (mitchnorton @ Wednesday, Nov 7 2012, 06:48)
SO POINTLESS!!! Like I'm gonna be in my car, chased at a six-star wanted level, and approach a left turn being like: "Oh sh*t, forgot to indicate."

Some people like to role play and obey traffic rules stopping at stop signs using indicators etc.

ScorpDaMonk
  • ScorpDaMonk

Astral Projection

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (Columbo @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 21:00)
QUOTE (Trilllion @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 21:57)
QUOTE (Columbo @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 20:53)
I want to be able to take a nice slow sunday drive in the countryside, without some asshat npc driver ramming me from behind when I'm following the traffic rules. ph34r.gif

Knowing GTA, I don't think it will happen. I mean what GTA is there that NPC's don't ram you out of no where?

There should be some crazy drivers out there just for laughs, but I hope it won't be like IV, where all the npc drivers would freak out if Niko suddenly decided to drive according to the rules.

LOL

Signal1
  • Signal1

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (ShotGunRain @ Wednesday, Nov 7 2012, 07:36)

Some people like to role play and obey traffic rules stopping at stop signs using indicators etc.

Especially if hauling a large amount of coke and did not want to draw attention. Would be more realistic. I think its a great idea.

JuventusFC
  • JuventusFC

Vincere non importante, ma l'unica cosa che conta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (ShotGunRain @ Wednesday, Nov 7 2012, 07:36)

Go and f*cking drive in real life then lameass. This is GRAND THEFT AUTO, not REAL LIFE TRAFFIC SIMULATOR.

The stupidity of people here never ceases to amaze me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users