Photo

Turn Signals/Blinkers in GTA V?

175 replies to this topic
RED_
  • RED_

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:54 AM

Could always double tap R1/L1 on the PS3 since they already change the views to the side of the camera, so it will sort of be related.

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:49 AM

Doesnt really matter to me. Would be cool though

Kurber
  • Kurber

SRMC VP / Trilllion

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:34 AM

Alright, so we have opinions on blinkers.

Now, how about the buttons used to activate them?

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:45 AM

I think on PC it would be possible but not on consoles. Not enough buttons.

Kurber
  • Kurber

SRMC VP / Trilllion

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (TheJasonGallant @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 06:45)
I think on PC it would be possible but not on consoles. Not enough buttons.

Check out what others said about buttons on consoles icon14.gif

JohnnyBNL
  • JohnnyBNL

Flying Dutch Man

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:20 AM

What i want are hazard lights... Those can be handy if you park your car for a few seconds.

I think this thing will work on PC, but not on consoles.

europeanbob
  • europeanbob

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

I always liked the idea of being able to drive "properly" as well as like a madman, in the same way that you can walk (or even sneak) rather than running. If you're on a mission where you're trailing someone, it shouldn't matter if you get too close if you're driving in a way that doesn't stand out, for example.

For that, indicators would be useful. More useful would be an ability to drive without the pedal to the metal tho...

Evil.Tim
  • Evil.Tim

The Hornet

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE (Trilllion @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 20:36)
QUOTE (stevechilds @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 20:33)
gta 5+ mods=done

mods would ruin it. I would like to see Rockstar improve on their security as in blocking people from modding the game.

Woah woah woah... What the hell did you just say? You do realize that mods could give you the option to use blinkers in about 5 minutes? And that's not the only thing mods can give us. If Rockstar gave their fans a devkid of some sort, there would be thousands of mods within weeks and a huge number of those would be great additions to the game. Heck, if you don't like 'em, you don't have to use them, but why would you ever want Rockstar to "lock" the game from modding when so many people would enjoy that addition?

Oh and OT: I did hate the fact we could't use blinkers in GTAIV, but everyone else could. But the point remains that if Rockstar gave modders a bit of freedom, this feature could be in the game in a matter of minutes if Rockstar decide not to put it in.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (Evil.Tim @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 09:56)
gta 5+ mods=done

mods would ruin it. I would like to see Rockstar improve on their security as in blocking people from modding the game.

Woah woah woah... What the hell did you just say? You do realize that mods could give you the option to use blinkers in about 5 minutes? And that's not the only thing mods can give us. If Rockstar gave their fans a devkid of some sort, there would be thousands of mods within weeks and a huge number of those would be great additions to the game. Heck, if you don't like 'em, you don't have to use them, but why would you ever want Rockstar to "lock" the game from modding when so many people would enjoy that addition?

Oh and OT: I did hate the fact we could't use blinkers in GTAIV, but everyone else could. But the point remains that if Rockstar gave modders a bit of freedom, this feature could be in the game in a matter of minutes if Rockstar decide not to put it in.

I don't have a PC that could play this gen's GTA's, but I still like watching all the videos of mods on YouTube. It keeps the community alive & shows how popular the game(s) still are.

meson1
  • meson1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (Evil.Tim @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 10:56)
gta 5+ mods=done

Actually, I have long held the notion that Rockstar should provide official mechanisms for mods such as providing a separate set of files for user object mods and program exits for program mods. And that they should totally lock down the main game files altogether. That way they can put mods under the control of the game and control mod access to multi-player.

As far as indicators go, I can't see a reason for having player controlled turn signals if it doesn't influence the AI and serve a purpose in some way. Indicators for NPC drivers is a must, and they should improve GTA so that NPC's will use them for lane changes and not just at intersections.

And one tiny thing. "Blinkers?" Seriously? It's only usually children that use the term, "blinkers." But never mind me. Carry on, folks.

Evil.Tim
  • Evil.Tim

The Hornet

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (meson1 @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 10:25)
QUOTE (Evil.Tim @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 10:56)
gta 5+ mods=done

Actually, I have long held the notion that Rockstar should provide official mechanisms for mods such as providing a separate set of files for user object mods and program exits for program mods. And that they should totally lock down the main game files altogether. That way they can put mods under the control of the game and control mod access to multi-player.

As far as indicators go, I can't see a reason for having player controlled turn signals if it doesn't influence the AI and serve a purpose in some way. Indicators for NPC drivers is a must, and they should improve GTA so that NPC's will use them for lane changes and not just at intersections.

And one tiny thing. "Blinkers?" Seriously? It's only usually children that use the term, "blinkers." But never mind me. Carry on, folks.

I don't really care much about how mods are implemented, as long as they're allowed. Even better if we have official tools from Rockstar themselves. As for the term "blinkers", I'm not a native speaker so I just picked that term up from this topic. It's easier to spell then "turn signal".

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

Please god yes... I want that so much!
I always was jealous on the NPC's in GTA IV because they was able to use them.

And I don't want anymore NPC's they try to overtake me on a red traffic lights

MuteMe
  • MuteMe

♣Quiet╫Observer♣

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (Trilllion @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 20:41)
QUOTE (davetopper @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 20:39)
The next thing you'll want is wiper blades and an internal view.

Oh no, wait.

That is already wanted.

Self inflicted face plant to follow.

Honestly, that would be cool biggrin.gif

But the thing I would love is turn signals.
Plus, I'm viewing others opinions.

COol? That would be awesome!

sddales
  • sddales

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (dinoSAUR230 @ Friday, Aug 31 2012, 21:03)
Turn signals IF you were following the planned GPS route to a waypoint. That would prevent annoyances and complications involved with finding extra buttons with which to turn them on and off. icon14.gif

I don't see how this went completely under the radar. This is actually a good idea. Having your waypoint marked somewhere besides the map works for me. I personally do not like looking at it to figure out where I'm going, and the GPS voice just isn't that intuitive.

Kurber
  • Kurber

SRMC VP / Trilllion

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

Great ideas. Thumbs up to all biggrin.gif

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

Livin' It Up At The Hotel California

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

I always liked realism but some people like speeding through from place to place, driving like a complete a*shole and don't like realism and that is fine. For people who wanted GTA IV to be realistic stopped at red lights, went slow on yellow obeyed traffic rule etc. But you wouldn't get a police star or anything because not everyone likes that realism. I think there should be turn signals as an option and if you get a ticket when you run a red light or don't use your turn signal.

jake14001
  • jake14001

Xbox Ambassador

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

It could be included but it shouldn't take up LB and RB, and the same on PS3, more like hold left or right on the D-Pad.

Msharingan
  • Msharingan

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but The Getaway (the first one) done it badass-edly.

It was your waypoint system. Instead of seeing a line on a mini-map your indicator would tell you which direction you need to go in.

Perhaps it could work in a fashion that when you get to a junction you can hold a button to see the indication, for instance if you had your mini-map turned off.

JoeJoeMcTwist
  • JoeJoeMcTwist

Sergeant at Arms

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

The Getaway with it's blinker idea made the character look like a distracted driver that left his signals on the whole drive. plus that system was trash. I remember driving around in circles for half an hour trying to get to my mission location

Dystopia
  • Dystopia

?

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

GRAND THEFT AUTO.

What car theif uses indicators. Or adheres to any on road rules and restrictions for that matter.

sddales
  • sddales

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (JoeJoeMcTwist @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 20:09)
The Getaway with it's blinker idea made the character look like a distracted driver that left his signals on the whole drive. plus that system was trash. I remember driving around in circles for half an hour trying to get to my mission location

I may have remembered it being more intuitive than it actually was. I'd love to say R* could do it better, but really there has to be something besides looking at the damn map for a waypoint system.

JoeJoeMcTwist
  • JoeJoeMcTwist

Sergeant at Arms

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (sddales @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 20:41)

I may have remembered it being more intuitive than it actually was. I'd love to say R* could do it better, but really there has to be something besides looking at the damn map for a waypoint system.

yeah i hear you. I'd rather be watching the road than the GPS but I often find myself doing the latter

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

Yeah I mentioned that annoying feature in an earlier post. I remember Brendan 'Ball Buster' MacNamara wanted a cinematic feel, so there was no HUD at all. No mini map (indicators), no health bar (character would stagger & be covered in blood) & to recharge your health you had to lean against something.

JordantheJew13
  • JordantheJew13

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (JoeJoeMcTwist @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 20:44)
QUOTE (sddales @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 20:41)

yeah i hear you. I'd rather be watching the road than the GPS but I often find myself doing the latter

I think all of that is stupid! Rockstargames has a great system for navigation! It's realistic, I mean, most cars have navigation systems in them anyway these days and if they don't, people have TomToms or Garmin nuvi's to get them around where they want to go. If you don't want to use the navigation in GTA, then they provide a detailed map of the world in the game case! If you want to wander around cluelessly for hours, then hey, be my guest! But Rockstargames puts the navigation system in for people who want to learn where they're going and who want some assistance on how to get to their desired location. Personally, I loved the navigation system in GTA IV, especially at first, because it helped me learn my way around the map and now I can basically go anywhere on the map by heart.

As for blinkers, I think that it would get annoying if your blinker went on automatically (synced with the gps) if the gps says you have to turn at an intersection but you want to take a different route because then tou go straight but your blinker is on anyway. In Saints Row the 3rd, that's what they did and it got annoying very quickly. I still think that there should be either set buttons such as (on Xbox) Simply tapping, quickly once, either LB or RB. I also think that they could change the radio buttons to Up and Down on the D-pad and use the left and right d-pad controls to trigger blinkers (turn signals for you "non-children").

monsterjamp
  • monsterjamp

LSAF

• Members

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

Why is it LB and RB for Xbox but L1 and L2 for PS3? Shouldn't it be L1 and R1?

QUOTE (Dystopia Posted on Saturday @ Sep 1 2012, 20:20)
GRAND THEFT AUTO.

What car theif uses indicators. Or adheres to any on road rules and restrictions for that matter.

I do.

Kurber
  • Kurber

SRMC VP / Trilllion

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (monsterjamp @ Sunday, Sep 2 2012, 22:55)
Why is it LB and RB for Xbox but L1 and L2 for PS3? Shouldn't it be L1 and R1?

QUOTE (Dystopia Posted on Saturday @ Sep 1 2012, 20:20)
GRAND THEFT AUTO.

I do.

Yeah the character in the game may be a thief, but it doesn't mean the person playing it wants to be one.. I totally agree with you monsterjamp

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

What would the purpose of blinkers be in V? I want to skid into a turn, not paitently wait and use my blinker

JordantheJew13
  • JordantheJew13

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Monday, Sep 3 2012, 21:50)
What would the purpose of blinkers be in V? I want to skid into a turn, not paitently wait and use my blinker

how many times do we have to say this? YOU DONT HAVE TO USE THEM. If you want to skid into a turn, then be my guest!! Some people like to role play, especially when there is nothing else to do and we just want to drive around and explore. Clearly, that isn't you. If you don't want to use blinkers then don't.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (JordantheJew13 @ Monday, Sep 3 2012, 17:14)

how many times do we have to say this? YOU DONT HAVE TO USE THEM. If you want to skid into a turn, then be my guest!! Some people like to role play, especially when there is nothing else to do and we just want to drive around and explore. Clearly, that isn't you. If you don't want to use blinkers then don't.

but it would feel forced to me, given how you guys want to use it. I might accidently hit the blinker button and be stuck with my left blinker on as i speed down the highway

and even when i drive around and explore, i want to get to my location where i plan on exploring quickly. I don't want to worry about having to constantly turn on and turn off the blinker every time i turn or change a lane, ugh

Kurber
  • Kurber

SRMC VP / Trilllion

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Monday, Sep 3 2012, 22:16)
QUOTE (JordantheJew13 @ Monday, Sep 3 2012, 17:14)

but it would feel forced to me, given how you guys want to use it. I might accidently hit the blinker button and be stuck with my left blinker on as i speed down the highway

and even when i drive around and explore, i want to get to my location where i plan on exploring quickly. I don't want to worry about having to constantly turn on and turn off the blinker every time i turn or change a lane, ugh

Maybe there should be an option where you can turn them off..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users