Photo

[IV/EFLC] Countryside Mountains V

353 replies to this topic
stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Tuesday, Oct 16 2012, 21:30)
The general idea and layout is very good but im sorry to say the map quality it terrible, it looks like smugglers run. I would suggest that you make your maps with 3dsmax in higher modeling quality but you've never listened in the past so i don't expect you to now.

It's a shame really, you have the potential to make great maps in higher modeling quality but you choose not to. sad.gif
Good job on what you do, however imho you are capable of so much more. icon14.gif

Thanks mate, but the reason it's not high poly is that i wanted to be like it so i can add more stuff icon14.gif
Now i'm about 650k polys for the whole map and some models, it's just perfect this way imo..
Anyway it's all being smoothed and rised or lowerd with vertices, you wouldn't notice it much ingame.
And i know i'm capable of much, but don't expect me waisting my time colgate.gif

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

for realism maybe you shouldn't put snow ?? . just cause 2 had an island with a snowy mountain in the middle the result wasn't that great

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Tuesday, Oct 16 2012, 21:54)
for realism maybe you shouldn't put snow ?? . just cause 2 had an island with a snowy mountain in the middle the result wasn't that great

Well it'snt Just Cause 2, it's Pikes Peak, Colorado heightmap by NASA.
Speaken of JC2 i think it's quite good with snow, but it wasn't really fitting the jungle type islands. Desert was suckish to biggrin.gif
I'm keeping snow and will add some 3d snowrocks and normal ones with some landslides for next step icon14.gif

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Tuesday, Oct 16 2012, 20:54)

There are snow mountains in California.

picture

Bierbuikje
  • Bierbuikje

★ Biertje

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

Looks very nice, now we will be able to play some of gta V before the game releases. I'm looking forward to this mod! turn.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

Was kinda wanted to detail the river first, i may add some more other stuff to but later..
user posted image
user posted image

View of the dam from top ( Is possible to jump with a boat through the holes of the dam )
user posted image

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

Hi still !!!

wow.gif , looks like incredible, the more you do the more its looks like good !!,

Tell me, you are not using CS 1.8 for this project, i never saw a bridge like that...

So my friend, i tried 3d ripper on some games, it looks like good but i have some problems... I will creat a new topic for my next map mod based on a Rockstar games (if somebody can help me to fix my problems with 3DRIP...).

Otherwise, i have some free times, i wanted to help you for details but my internet connection is very bad, very very very bad so am workin localy on something new.

We keep in touch, i will take some pictures of my problems...

See ya...

X_Fire
  • X_Fire

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

Looks Good !! icon14.gif

Keep Working! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

Looks like incredible, the more you do the more its looks like good !!,
Tell me, you are not using CS 1.8 for this project, i never saw a bridge like that..

Thanks mate, and i've used CS 1.8 for terrain and after in 3ds Max i've remodelled bridges and few stuff!

Looks Good !! icon14.gif Keep Working

Thanks and Ye i'm allready working in good speed, no to fast but furious biggrin.gif

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Tuesday, Oct 23 2012, 11:58)
no to fast but furious biggrin.gif

I see what you did there biggrin.gif

Anyway, just one question, the thing in the bottom left... looks like an airstrip? or what should it represent?

Can't wait to see some vegetation on there, good work so far icon14.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (SkylineGTRFreak @ Tuesday, Oct 23 2012, 22:06)
QUOTE (stilldre @ Tuesday, Oct 23 2012, 11:58)
no to fast but furious biggrin.gif

I see what you did there biggrin.gif

Anyway, just one question, the thing in the bottom left... looks like an airstrip? or what should it represent?
Can't wait to see some vegetation on there, good work so far icon14.gif

Hehe tounge.gif thanks and it's going to be an Military Airfield with some custom made models by friend of mine Ozy inspired by Battlefield 3
Why B3?! Cause GTA V haven't showed much to inspire my whole map on.. Here is few screens of his work for this map icon14.gif
user posted image
user posted image

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Tuesday, Oct 23 2012, 10:58)
Looks like incredible, the more you do the more its looks like good !!,
Tell me, you are not using CS 1.8 for this project, i never saw a bridge like that..

Thanks mate, and i've used CS 1.8 for terrain and after in 3ds Max i've remodelled bridges and few stuff!

Looks Good !! icon14.gif Keep Working

Thanks and Ye i'm allready working in good speed, no to fast but furious biggrin.gif

hey still !

i've got a problem with cs1.8 it doesnt want to export in fbx and it asks me to request a key, i sent information but i got message error, do you know this problem ? !!!

I need help!

tx

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (nine30 @ Thursday, Oct 25 2012, 00:08)
hey still !

i've got a problem with cs1.8 it doesnt want to export in fbx and it asks me to request a key, i sent information but i got message error, do you know this problem ? !!!

I need help!

tx

Yea took me while to find it, but there is a simple solution to this problem biggrin.gif icon14.gif
http://forum.cgpersi...654/#post388800

Black Team
  • Black Team

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:12 PM

Stop with the CityScape it's wasted skills when you can use 3d max it's way better.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:42 PM Edited by stilldre, 25 October 2012 - 01:13 AM.

QUOTE (Black Team @ Thursday, Oct 25 2012, 00:12)
Stop with the CityScape it's wasted skills when you can use 3d max it's way better.

Who are you to tell me that?

Just saying you should use your skills on actual 3d max modeling over a preset.

I do, just not for the sketching up the terrain.. Imo it's easyier and less time waisting smile.gif

Black Team
  • Black Team

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Wednesday, Oct 24 2012, 23:42)
QUOTE (Black Team @ Thursday, Oct 25 2012, 00:12)

Who are you to tell me that?

Just saying you should use your skills on actual 3d max modeling over a preset.

Exxon
  • Exxon

The Obvious Child

• Members

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

We want more news! dontgetit.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

Ye i'm pretty much done with adding rocks and few details to the map, this week i'll be exporting it for ingame tests icon14.gif
user posted image
user posted image

JJagwire
  • JJagwire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 01:48)
Ye i'm pretty much done with adding rocks and few details to the map, this week i'll be exporting it for ingame tests icon14.gif

Wow looking great man

JJagwire
  • JJagwire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (Black Team @ Wednesday, Oct 24 2012, 23:12)

It's good to get your map started, then you import it into max and go from there..
I wish I could use it, but I don't see how anyone can. It is hopelessly broken for me, here is what happens:

-Half way done with terrain, brush decides to reset everything in a 10x10 square back to default flat
-Undo ignores the square and undoes the thing before that, load my last save
-10x worse, 80% of map is now flat, the rest is squares with a slight trace of my terrain

-Start from scratch, half way or so done, save my file to a folder, compress it to .rar
-Get glitch, exit program, unpack and load backup...it's completely ruined ?_?!!

-Complete reinstall from a different link, same thing.
-New install on my other computer, same thing

I'm done with it, IM DONE! lol

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE (JJagwire @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 03:24)
QUOTE (Black Team @ Wednesday, Oct 24 2012, 23:12)

It's good to get your map started, then you import it into max and go from there..
I wish I could use it, but I don't see how anyone can. It is hopelessly broken for me.

First of all thanks and i have this probs to with detailed/big maps..
Find a right size of the map that will suit your flow of pc icon14.gif , also do not to paint alot. Get yourself some heightmaps, than you'll only have to do small changes and putting roads.
Also you could try is to have two saves of the map, one for reserve. Hope this will helps, i think that the prob is in the memory in CS it does make terrains to highpoly sometimes.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

Wow, that tower looks almost exactly like in BF3 wow.gif

One thing, I could send you BF3 jet models to place on the airfield (A-10A Thunderbolt and F/A-18E/F Superhornet) i know people don't like planes as map objects only, but IMO it would look cool^^

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (SkylineGTRFreak @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 11:00)
Wow, that tower looks almost exactly like in BF3 wow.gif

One thing, I could send you BF3 jet models to place on the airfield (A-10A Thunderbolt and F/A-18E/F Superhornet) i know people don't like planes as map objects only, but IMO it would look cool^^

Hehe thanks, i would like to put some planes just for show.. That superhornet would be nice, the other doesnt have to. Can be good for making videos.
If you have some more models that could fit into airfield area, send them to in pm biggrin.gif i'll credit you for helping with models icon14.gif

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

i arrive like an hair in the soup but i just wanted to say that i don't think it would be a cool idea . why ? cause the fact that we can't fly planes in game would just increase frustration whatsthat.gif . or there is another solution it's that you make the static planes very easy to find in the wpl , so that anyone that wants to remove them could do it easily

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 15:28)
i arrive like an hair in the soup but i just wanted to say that i don't think it would be a cool idea . why ? cause the fact that we can't fly planes in game would just increase frustration whatsthat.gif . or there is another solution it's that you make the static planes very easy to find in the wpl , so that anyone that wants to remove them could do it easily

And that's how many people think, though I do not understand it. I think it's just better than having an empty airfield. Also, people should just get over it, that planes are not flyable, it would just add better looks to the map.

@stilldre: Okay, I'll send them later, I have tons of fighter airplanes. They're not too high poly, but nice looking. So, I'll send the Superhornet and if you want anything else, just tell me^^

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (SkylineGTRFreak @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 19:11)
QUOTE (jpm1 @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 15:28)
i arrive like an hair in the soup but i just wanted to say that i don't think it would be a cool idea . why ? cause the fact that we can't fly planes in game would just increase frustration  whatsthat.gif . or there is another solution it's that you make the static planes very easy to find in the wpl , so that anyone that wants to remove them could do it easily

And that's how many people think, though I do not understand it. I think it's just better than having an empty airfield. Also, people should just get over it, that planes are not flyable, it would just add better looks to the map.

@stilldre: Okay, I'll send them later, I have tons of fighter airplanes. They're not too high poly, but nice looking. So, I'll send the Superhornet and if you want anything else, just tell me^^

True that, there is still enough place in hangers for putting your own planes as vehicles though.
That hydra from your signature btw would be nice to, would kinda fit the GTA V sphere icon14.gif

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

Well, I kinda stopped working on the model and it has no UVW Map/Textures yet, so it's just the model and it has some uncomplete parts confused.gif

R314
  • R314

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

It looks awesome, like your other mods biggrin.gif

I hope you will add a lot of funny things to do (ramps, dirt track for example) !

JJagwire
  • JJagwire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:51 PM Edited by JJagwire, 02 November 2012 - 01:00 AM.

QUOTE (stilldre @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 02:32)
First of all thanks and i have this probs to with detailed/big maps..
Find a right size of the map that will suit your flow of pc icon14.gif , also do not to paint alot. Get yourself some heightmaps, than you'll only have to do small changes and putting roads.
Also you could try is to have two saves of the map, one for reserve. Hope this will helps, i think that the prob is in the memory in CS it does make terrains to highpoly sometimes.

Wow, thanks it's working great when I use a heightmap and I don't abuse the paint as much haha.

Any idea if you can export the material mapping? I used some material paint but it only exports 1 texture for everything
Maybe I should try it on 3ds max 2011?

Sorry to keep bugging you about it tounge.gif I just cannot find anyone or anywhere else that knows about this stuff

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

Good news! I'm going to be exporting the map tomorrow after i've completed cave..
user posted image
user posted image

Well, I kinda stopped working on the model and it has no UVW Map/Textures yet, so it's just the model and it has some uncomplete parts

Oh ok, no problem.. Thanks for the 3 plane models cookie.gif

It looks awesome, like your other mods biggrin.gif
I hope you will add a lot of funny things to do (ramps, dirt track for example) !

Thanks and ofcourse there will be ramps for boats and cars, only there is going to be dirt/tarmac roads, no racing tracks.

Wow, thanks it's working great when I use a heightmap and I don't abuse the paint as much haha.

Any idea if you can export the material mapping? I used some material paint but it only exports 1 texture for everything
Maybe I should try it on 3ds max 2011?

No problem and it's only possible to make LOT areas, the icon above the material. Just right click lines around place you want and drag material later in it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users