Photo

[IV/EFLC] Countryside Mountains V

353 replies to this topic
stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:16 PM

Got some good and bad news, i'll start with bad biggrin.gif this map is not going to be finished, cause i've a bad feeling about it that it'll not work out like it should.
The good one is that i'm going to make a total conversion by replacing LC. Wich means that i'm remaking a map that it's going to be a bit bigger than LC. I've allready started and created a nice heightmap texture in L3DT for whole terrain tounge.gif owyeah, it's alot better this way and doesn't need to be detailed to much what can increase the progress of the map by many hours lol biggrin.gif
There are going to be bigger lakes and longer river this time so stay tuned this weekend for few screens from Cityscape inlove.gif

Dang, I didn't think it that far through, lol! I was thinking, what with the woods and the lake, there's a good opportunity for a reference to Friday the 13th. The movie, that is. tounge.gif

I know this movie hehe, so you kinda think there should be horror'ish easter eggs biggrin.gif

KevinMinato
  • KevinMinato

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

Could you just release what you have done so far then? I want to play around on what you have created so far so badly! It really looks truly amazing already. Please release what you have!

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:17 AM

I am afraid it won't really work KevinMinato.

It might sound disappointing but there is a chance that Stilldre did not get the map in GTA IV yet. Which means even if he did release it, you won't be able to play in it.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (KevinMinato @ Friday, Sep 28 2012, 01:14)
Could you just release what you have done so far then? I want to play around on what you have created so far so badly! It really looks truly amazing already. Please release what you have!

As Limiter said it'snt in-game yet and as i watch poly's rising by not even half done yet, i'm just afraid it'snt going to be playeble in LC..
Thats why i'm recreating it even better as stand alone mod, not an add-on this time icon14.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:28 AM Edited by nkjellman, 28 September 2012 - 02:37 AM.

QUOTE (stilldre @ Friday, Sep 28 2012, 00:54)

As Limiter said it'snt in-game yet and as i watch poly's rising by not even half done yet, i'm just afraid it'snt going to be playeble in LC..
Thats why i'm recreating it even better as stand alone mod, not an add-on this time icon14.gif

Two things I'll inform you about.

1. I'm not 100% but when your on TBoGT it may have a slightly higher ID limit. I've noticed original and TLAD becomes less playable easier than TBoGT with a lot of objects. (DLC TBoGT or EFLC TBoGT)
2. You can also combine models in LC to reduce the IPL usage, like the SOL team is doing.

Edit: Three things.
If your going to make it a TC, why not make a TC out of your best map mods you have currently made. You can have RDD, CMV, ect. Along with that though, you should consider making a city to put in there too. It really doesn't need to be a huge city like LC. It could be 1.5X bigger than Bohan. I think that would be nice. It would give it a GTA V, GTA SA, Just Cause, and Just Cause 2 style map.

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:48 AM

At nk,

What do you mean by a limit in ID? I need to know this because I am modding a city as an addon to GTA IV.

It will be bad news if this limit is like GTA SA's limit which crashes the game if you export too many add on models into the game.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Friday, Sep 28 2012, 03:28)
QUOTE (stilldre @ Friday, Sep 28 2012, 00:54)

Two things I'll inform you about.

1. I'm not 100% but when your on TBoGT it may have a slightly higher ID limit. I've noticed original and TLAD becomes less playable easier than TBoGT with a lot of objects. (DLC TBoGT or EFLC TBoGT)
2. You can also combine models in LC to reduce the IPL usage, like the SOL team is doing.

Edit: Three things.
If your going to make it a TC, why not make a TC out of your best map mods you have currently made. You can have RDD, CMV, ect. Along with that though, you should consider making a city to put in there too. It really doesn't need to be a huge city like LC. It could be 1.5X bigger than Bohan. I think that would be nice. It would give it a GTA V, GTA SA, Just Cause, and Just Cause 2 style map.

So does TBOGT becomes less playeble or the others two with alot of objects? Reason i want EFLC ( TBOGT ) cause it haves nicest add-on since IV and it's legit one so i could use it for mp biggrin.gif
Offcourse there will be a small city and few towns, doesnt know the size yet of how it's going to be but it should look like 2012 icon14.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

When the ID limit is breached the game begins to be less stable.

But sounds good Stilldre.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:13 PM Edited by Blaster_nl, 28 September 2012 - 05:48 PM.

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Friday, Sep 28 2012, 04:28)

1. I've heard EFLC is a bit more optimized, so that would both be TlAD and TBoGT.
2. Yoiu talk like you mod RW, there is a WPL object limit, BUT, this doesn't count for _stream#\_strbig# which you should use anyway.

LC has so many objects because the engine is made to work like that, combining them would be insane and you dont achieve anything with it.

At nk,

What do you mean by a limit in ID? I need to know this because I am modding a city as an addon to GTA IV.

It will be bad news if this limit is like GTA SA's limit which crashes the game if you export too many add on models into the game.

IV Limits

Objects:

0x11E73E8: POOL**
Limit: 1,300
Size: 0x320

Building:

0x127D838: POOL**
Limit: 32,000
Size: 0x70

Dummy Objects:

0x127D890: POOL**
Limit: 14,000
Size: 0x80

Not sure how these 3 are different but my guess is the 32k is the IDE OBJS\TOBJ\ANIM\TANM limit. the 1.3k might be the limit for the number of objects rendered on screen.
Dummy, i'm really not sure what this is, maybe non-stream WPL limit?

It would be nice if someone could count up all objects in IDE 'OBJS', 'TOBJ', 'ANIM' and 'TANM' section.

I've breached the WPL limit more than once, when we didn't use streams in IVSA.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Friday, Sep 28 2012, 17:13)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Friday, Sep 28 2012, 04:28)

1. I've heard EFLC is a bit more optimized, so that would both be TlAD and TBoGT.
2. Yoiu talk like you mod RW, there is a WPL object limit, BUT, this doesn't count for _stream#\_strbig# which you should use anyway.

LC has so many objects because the engine is made to work like that, combining them would be insane and you dont achieve anything with it.

At nk,

IV Limits

Objects:

0x11E73E8: POOL**
Limit: 1,300
Size: 0x320

Building:

0x127D838: POOL**
Limit: 32,000
Size: 0x70

Dummy Objects:

0x127D890: POOL**
Limit: 14,000
Size: 0x80

Not sure how these 3 are different but my guess is the 32k is the IDE OBJS\TOBJ\ANIM\TANM limit. the 1.3k might be the limit for the number of objects rendered on screen.
Dummy, i'm really not sure what this is, maybe non-stream WPL limit?

It would be nice if someone could count up all objects in IDE 'OBJS', 'TOBJ', 'ANIM' and 'TANM' section.

I've breached the WPL limit more than once, when we didn't use streams in IVSA.

EFLC isn't better optimized than IV 1.0.7.0, TLAD and TBoGT are.

What I mean is the DLC may have hard coded data to account for the extra recources needed. I'm not as sure about TLAD, but I know that TBoGT can have its own set of hard coded limits.

So, I installed the Ultimate Vehicle pack for example. I launch the game on 1.0.7.0 GTA IV and Algonquin is a major crash zone. However TBoGT (DLC on 1.0.7.0, NOT EFLC) doesn't crash at all. I'm making this prediction because when I combined two large ass map mods on the Xbox 360 version of EFLC, I crashed in the same exact spots.

TBoGT seems to have a slightly higher overall memory cap, but it has the id limit as the same as GTA IV.

I'll give another example. One of Stilldre's maps, (forgot the name) crashed on GTA IV 1.0.7.0 TBoGT DLC. However it worked on GTA IV 1.0.7.0. TBoGT has more objects being added to it from the map updates so it can run over the spawn ID cap quicker. However TBoGT (IV DLC) was able to handle the high poly cars in the Ultimate Vehicles Pack better than IV was as it has a higher overall memory limit.

Note: I'm making predictions based on past experiences, and some of this could possibly be false.

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

At Blaster,

What do you mean when you don't use streams in IV:SA? I thought only LOD is in streaming wpl. (wpl in IMG)? Otherwise you have to use regular wpl anyways.

The big question: What happened when you breached wpl limit in IV SA? AND what is the WPL limit?

Sorry for going off topic on here, but apparently my PMS never reach Blaster_NL colgate.gif orly.gif . (No offense man, your replies are really good and detailed here anyways.) smile.gif So I speak here since this topic is currently being discussed.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (Limiter @ Friday, Sep 28 2012, 22:22)
At Blaster,

What do you mean when you don't use streams in IV:SA? I thought only LOD is in streaming wpl. (wpl in IMG)? Otherwise you have to use regular wpl anyways.

The big question: What happened when you breached wpl limit in IV SA? AND what is the WPL limit?

Sorry for going off topic on here, but apparently my PMS never reach Blaster_NL colgate.gif orly.gif . (No offense man, your replies are really good and detailed here anyways.) smile.gif So I speak here since this topic is currently being discussed.

I breached it on the Xbox 360 version of EFLC. Like I said before I combined two large ass map mods, and the game froze all the time in Algonquin. I even burned multiple discs. Other people said that when they add too many objects the same happens for them as well. My guess is for Blaster, parts of the map started crashing, or it crashed on load up.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:44 PM Edited by stilldre, 27 December 2012 - 04:32 AM.

Some good wise words here tounge.gif that will keep me on right foot in future, thanks cookie.gif

KevinMinato
  • KevinMinato

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Saturday, Sep 29 2012, 17:44)
Some good wise words here tounge.gif that will keep me on right foot in future, thanks cookie.gif

Anyway i've to keep working on the roads more, but here is a tease of how the terrain looks icon14.gif

OMG that looks incredible. i love it just as is there!!!

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

Looks nice. You could try and connect your map up with San Fearro, or Los Santos to have a city and possibly simulate what GTA V will be like.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Saturday, Sep 29 2012, 21:35)
Looks nice. You could try and connect your map up with San Fearro, or Los Santos to have a city and possibly simulate what GTA V will be like.

Thanks, but connecting to SF or LS? No thanks you biggrin.gif i've allready cleared some space behind the mountains on the screen for city and airport ( kinda still working on it ) and there is some space infront of the screen for industry and dockside town..
I'll also clear few places for countrysides and villages later. Will show it than when have made some more progress icon14.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:02 AM

Do you think you might blend part of it in to RDD? (blend as in amount of green plants.)

Exxon
  • Exxon

The Obvious Child

• Members

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:19 AM

Any updates? smile.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

Well i kinda restarted again with the map, now on smaller scale.. With a bit of hope it might run with RDD '12, Clockware Mountain or any other maps that are on that place lol biggrin.gif
Here is progress of almost finished map in cityscape, it's going to be more detailed later than any other map i've made before icon14.gif

user posted image
user posted image

On this screen there is going to be a dam on right near highway and at left the biggest waterfall with entrance to the cave and something special what you'll find later ingame biggrin.gif
It's topsecret for now devil.gif

user posted image

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

Thing is if you're going to be replacing the whole city, you should add vehicle and pedestrian paths on the new map or it will just be a ghosttown. Don't know if this was planned already or not. Well done nonetheless wink.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:00 PM Edited by stilldre, 13 October 2012 - 08:43 PM.

Updated front page!
And here is the current streetplan / map overlay..

http://sphotos-h.ak....319160676_n.jpg

Do you think you might blend part of it in to RDD? (blend as in amount of green plants.)

Not sure if i could add any veg to RDD '12, but on this map i'll add as much as i can tounge.gif

Thing is if you're going to be replacing the whole city, you should add vehicle and pedestrian paths on the new map or it will just be a ghosttown. Don't know if this was planned already or not. Well done nonetheless

Thanks, but i'll put it in LC.. Have allready exported to 3ds max to test and it's about 200k polys ( wich it's just perfect for make more details )
About paths, traffic will sure be there but i don't think that peds are availible yet smile.gif

boss06
  • boss06

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

real map mode good luck dree alien.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

Some WIP of the blending terrain with rock textures on certain angles, makes it more realistic and spare me alot of poly's!
After i've done blending terrain, i'll add 3d rocks and finish up some other models aswell for putting it into game biggrin.gif

user posted image

X_Fire
  • X_Fire

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

Looks interesting icon14.gif icon14.gif !!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

hi dre what made you stop you precedent project and turn it into a smaller one . i want to make a map myself too but i was wondering if there were sizes limits not to be exceeded . i think i'm gonna mp you , it gonna be simpler

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

Looks interesting icon14.gif icon14.gif !!!!  biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Thanks, it will be very interesting in the end lol.gif
Now i'm almost done with blending.. That's when the cool stuff come!

hi dre what made you stop you precedent project and turn it into a smaller one . i want to make a map myself too but i was wondering if there were sizes limits not to be exceeded . i think i'm gonna mp you , it gonna be simpler

Hi, ye i guess it was all about details and time.. But it's still bigger than RDD '12 thats for sure icon14.gif
Well i think i've allready answered your question on youtube about sizes..

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

when you're talking of details can you be more precise about it please . are you talking about vegetation density , mesh complexity . thanks a lot

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Tuesday, Oct 16 2012, 15:09)
when you're talking of details can you be more precise about it please . are you talking about vegetation density , mesh complexity . thanks a lot

I'm talking about general, yes vegetation will be dense and there should be alot of props to make it more lively and not repetitve icon14.gif
Every corner should be a bit different than others, roads will have extra textures for variation ( like dirt roads haves some puddles )
And most of the parts from the map are beeing custom rebuilded and edited etc..

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

I'm finnaly ready with blending, here some progress i've allready made icon14.gif
user posted image
user posted image

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

The general idea and layout is very good but im sorry to say the map quality it terrible, it looks like smugglers run. I would suggest that you make your maps with 3dsmax in higher modeling quality but you've never listened in the past so i don't expect you to now.

It's a shame really, you have the potential to make great maps in higher modeling quality but you choose not to. sad.gif
Good job on what you do, however imho you are capable of so much more. icon14.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users