• None

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

crap , i'm amazed

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (RoadRunner71 @ Saturday, Sep 15 2012, 16:43)
QUOTE (terreur69 @ Friday, Sep 14 2012, 15:05)
look nice , why not remove LC, and make a bigger maps ?

That's a good idea, doing it could make some space for adding even one or two small towns.

Nah, i'm not into it.. This is all i wanted along time ago, now i'm actually capble of it to do and have needed skills and models icon14.gif
There is going to be few towns, if you look close to map overlay i've posted you'll see few big spots one somewhere in centre of the river..
There should to be some rocky view from city to a dam. I'm working on it now, i may show it later today tounge.gif
And other one is at the right snowy mountain side, both of them towns are going to be big enough with gasstations, police & fire dept. etc..

Wass
  • Wass

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

Awesome bro icon14.gif

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

Well, at least that way, without removing whole lc, will be possible to play lcpdfr mod smile.gif

Can't wait to see it icon14.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:11 PM Edited by stilldre, 27 December 2012 - 04:29 AM.

Deleted monocle.gif

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

Looks great and all, but could you post pictures your models when they're half-way modeled? So that we can see for sure whether it's modeled from scratch or converted.
Tbh when your past stuff is simply cityscape and then you somehow model far better quality than cityscape it seems unlikely.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Saturday, Sep 15 2012, 23:22)
Looks great and all, but could you post pictures your models when they're half-way modeled? So that we can see for sure whether it's modeled from scratch or converted.
Tbh when your past stuff is simply cityscape and then you somehow model far better quality than cityscape it seems unlikely.

Thanks and i raither not post unfinished stuff, it's just isn't the way to show what to expect in the end tounge.gif
As for models it doesnt matter if it's all made from scratch or token from some engine, i only take credit for creating the map and organize it for fun gameplay icon14.gif
And why it looks so better than Cityscape, because 3ds Max have better stuff as it is an developer software.. But you probably allready know.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

Ok this may be a stupid idea, but it might work for an animated water fall.

So basically you have several models of falling water, with the same model in the same spot. However each has a slightly different texture so it looks like the water drops are in different locations. Because the models are in the same spot, Z-Fighting will occur. As the textures are smiler, but not the same, it might look like the water is moving even though its not.

But wasn't there moving water in the Sprunk Factory?

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Saturday, Sep 15 2012, 23:55)
Ok this may be a stupid idea, but it might work for an animated water fall.

So basically you have several models of falling water, with the same model in the same spot. However each has a slightly different texture so it looks like the water drops are in different locations. Because the models are in the same spot, Z-Fighting will occur. As the textures are smiler, but not the same, it might look like the water is moving even though its not.

But wasn't there moving water in the Sprunk Factory?

Isn't stupid idea, it was kinda my second plan or maybe make a script that will load different textures on that waterfall..
But i want to try it first with fountain particles and maybe that falling water from the factory with some smoke at the bottom, it should look like fog tounge.gif

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Pent Kaul

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

Looks good, man! Good luck, and can't wait to see what comes up cookie.gif

Recevr999
  • Recevr999

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:31 AM

Wow, this looks amazing bro, awesome idea, can't wait to test this out

Sebianoti
  • Sebianoti

Graphic designer

• Members

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

glad i found this map, bookmarked!

BoolCaX
  • BoolCaX

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:25 PM

Nice, but statue of liberty will look wierd that close to mouintais and beach in broker will be ruined too i think. Wouldnt it be better if you placed your map north or west of Liberty city ? it would be more realistic too. I dont want to sound negative and i know you arent going to change it just because of me. Im just saying smile.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (BoolCaX @ Monday, Sep 17 2012, 19:25)
Nice, but statue of liberty will look wierd that close to mouintais and beach in broker will be ruined too i think. Wouldnt it be better if you placed your map north or west of Liberty city ? it would be more realistic too. I dont want to sound negative and i know you arent going to change it just because of me. Im just saying smile.gif

biggrin.gif
There isn't mutch space there in north or west/east like in south.. Sorry but there is to mutch work allready putted into making kinda match to LC.
It's not going to be that high and close to LC statue like in Fujimi Kaido map i did, no worries it's just a top view u saw smile.gif

rafaprebianca
  • rafaprebianca

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

literally, this map is magnificent, every day it becomes more fabulous!
Great job!

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:17 PM Edited by stilldre, 27 December 2012 - 04:29 AM.

QUOTE (rafaprebianca @ Monday, Sep 17 2012, 20:06)
literally, this map is magnificent, every day it becomes more fabulous!
Great job!

Thanks cookie.gif

hellya2011
  • hellya2011

Hellya2011

• Members

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:04 AM

This is very awesome! the forrest part kind of reminds me of the mountain part in need for speed the run xD
I can't wait for it smile.gif

I was just thinking the other day if someone could somehow make it so you can have a waterfall in gtaiv...... if someone is able to do that, i would love to try and make on for a tropical island im working on wink.gif

BTW, what program did you use to create this? i'm trying to make a landmass, im using height maps in 3ds max, but i'd love it to look more natural & releastic like this turn.gif

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:10 AM

Stilldre described in his first post that it is made using Cityscape in preliminary stages.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:13 AM

dang it if only CityScape worked on my PC...

It gives me a runtime error.

I need it to make a more natural terrain.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (hellya2011 @ Wednesday, Sep 19 2012, 04:04)
This is very awesome! the forrest part kind of reminds me of the mountain part in need for speed the run xD
I can't wait for it smile.gif
I was just thinking the other day if someone could somehow make it so you can have a waterfall in gtaiv...... if someone is able to do that, i would love to try and make on for a tropical island im working on wink.gif
BTW, what program did you use to create this? i'm trying to make a landmass, im using height maps in 3ds max, but i'd love it to look more natural & releastic like this turn.gif

Thanks, i'll let you know as soon as i finished my waterfalls biggrin.gif
As for terrain, you can use heightmaps in Cityscape 1.8 Promo.. This way you could add roads easy and edit terrain to your choice.

dang it if only CityScape worked on my PC... It gives me a runtime error.
I need it to make a more natural terrain.

Maybe there is something wrong with your NET Frameworks, you could also try Autodesk Infrastructure Modeler 2013.. It's kinda like new Cityscape.
You can get it on students FB page for free in Free Software & Support section: http://www.facebook.com/#!/Autodeskedcommunity
And to get even more realistic heightmaps from the real world into AIM'13: http://www.webgis.com/terraindata.html

Blade3562
  • Blade3562

Resident Mopar Nut

• Members

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

So I've been busy with college and such finally logged back on to check what's going on in the modding world and HOLY sh*t this thing is cool! This will be the first map mod I've used besides GosTown, awesome work! Keeps it up!

And on the pikes peak note the roads become solid dirt only a couple miles in it was a brutal drive back down in a GMC Sierra lol

=T.A=
  • =T.A=

ManMitDickemPimmel

• Members

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:45 AM

The best Map Mod i ever see

Raynos
  • Raynos

GTA VET

• Members

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

Just been looking at your stuff on your facebook page aswell.
Man, you're awesome!
It's like you're answering the wishes of so many gta fans!

Adding this topic to favorites!

Can't wait till you're done!! icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:29 PM

So I've been busy with college and such finally logged back on to check what's going on in the modding world and HOLY sh*t this thing is cool! This will be the first map mod I've used besides GosTown, awesome work! Keeps it up!

And on the pikes peak note the roads become solid dirt only a couple miles in it was a brutal drive back down in a GMC Sierra lol

Thanks cookie.gif i'm glad you like it..
As for roads i was thinking and made 3d lanes on some spots of the map blending to dirty and some just 3d lane. It's kinda more realistic this way thanks for heads up icon14.gif
I'll show soon the progress i'm making on Pikes Peak side, it's almost finished.. Have to first make some 4x4 trails like in the game Off-Road Drive inlove.gif

The best Map Mod i ever see

Thanks biggrin.gif

Just been looking at your stuff on your facebook page aswell.
Man, you're awesome!
It's like you're answering the wishes of so many gta fans!

Adding this topic to favorites!
Can't wait till you're done!!

Thanks cookie.gif
Thx to facebook & many mods i've made. I finnaly know what i want and other peoples to tounge.gif
You can allways add some more ideas to my mod, just have to think about it and if it will work icon14.gif

Geosmith
  • Geosmith

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

Any plans for a hidden easter egg, stilldre? Would be fun to run around with friends looking for it! colgate.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (Geosmith @ Monday, Sep 24 2012, 17:54)
Any plans for a hidden easter egg, stilldre? Would be fun to run around with friends looking for it! colgate.gif

That would be possible, only idk what to put as an easter egg biggrin.gif what do you have in mind?

Some free building models i founded on internet.. Kinda refreshed them and edited what was needed, textured and made interiour for the right house.
Going to put those on the map soon tounge.gif

user posted image
user posted image

Exxon
  • Exxon

The Obvious Child

• Members

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

Are those models from Alan Wake, by any chance?

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:49 PM Edited by stilldre, 25 September 2012 - 03:21 PM.

QUOTE (Exxon @ Monday, Sep 24 2012, 21:44)
Are those models from Alan Wake, by any chance?

Nope, but they look like it.. Thats why i've token them biggrin.gif

Looks good but try to use a variety for the textures. It will look much better.

Thanks and ye i will do icon14.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

Looks good but try to use a variety for the textures. It will look much better.

Geosmith
  • Geosmith

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:55 AM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Monday, Sep 24 2012, 20:29)
QUOTE (Geosmith @ Monday, Sep 24 2012, 17:54)

That would be possible, only idk what to put as an easter egg biggrin.gif what do you have in mind?

Some free building models i founded on internet.. Kinda refreshed them and edited what was needed, textured and made interiour for the right house.
Going to put those on the map soon tounge.gif

user posted image
user posted image

Dang, I didn't think it that far through, lol! I was thinking, what with the woods and the lake, there's a good opportunity for a reference to Friday the 13th. (The movie, that is. tounge.gif )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users