[IV/EFLC] Countryside Mountains V

353 replies to this topic
Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Tuesday, Feb 26 2013, 13:24)
Now I've always said that research in an engine like SA should have been done first before everyone jumps onto the next engine, Because it leaves a lot of things for everyone unfinished where modding on SA is very limiting given there is a 19999 ID object limit and map bounds where the paths do not want to work.

It's better this way. You should make quality maps, not quantity maps. No one needs more than 20k objects to work with.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Tuesday, Feb 26 2013, 14:48)
QUOTE (X-Seti @ Tuesday, Feb 26 2013, 13:24)
Now I've always said that research in an engine like SA should have been done first before everyone jumps onto the next engine, Because it leaves a lot of things for everyone unfinished where modding on SA is very limiting given there is a 19999 ID object limit and map bounds where the paths do not want to work.

It's better this way. You should make quality maps, not quantity maps. No one needs more than 20k objects to work with.

Yes quality. More space does allow for more quality. Reason being:

-Add on maps can be further away from LC, so the map doesn't kill LC's atmosphere, or LC doesn't kill the maps atmosphere. This would be great for Stilldre's map RDD. A desert next to New York City is silly.
-Some mountainous maps don't have natural shape. This one did it very well, but a lot of maps, including Mt Clockwork are not so pretty on all sides. Due to the map bounds, large mountains suddenly drop. Its like half a mountain.
-Some maps could have an all in one version. For example a good candidate for this would be Ghostown. Its supposed to be like Niko/Johnny/Luis on Vacation. Left LC to go to Ghostown for a week. If it wasn't for the limits, they could make it so they can leave LC and go to Ghostown, by flying a plane/heli or driving a boat, and not by quitting GTA IV and launching your Ghostown copy. Another example (but on SA) is GTA United. That would be great turned into an add on for the original SA. It would allow for the concept of the maps co existing to come true.

mcfee
  • mcfee

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

Okay so I'm new to all this- but have traffic paths been created?

I'd like to see two things-

1. Highly randomized events (ie police chase/car pulled over). Once per hour?

2. Very rare other cars/traffic (so you can be driving along for 20 minutes at night without seeing anyone, and then you see the headlights up ahead.. smile.gif )

These highly rare/random event could make the map feel great. for me, it's got an awesome eyre feel to it, and adding some of this sort of thing could be great.

Again amazing map- keep up the good work

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (mcfee @ Monday, Mar 4 2013, 12:22)
Okay so I'm new to all this- but have traffic paths been created?

I'd like to see two things-

1. Highly randomized events (ie police chase/car pulled over). Once per hour?
2. Very rare other cars/traffic (so you can be driving along for 20 minutes at night without seeing anyone, and then you see the headlights up ahead.. smile.gif )

These highly rare/random event could make the map feel great. for me, it's got an awesome eyre feel to it, and adding some of this sort of thing could be great.
Again amazing map- keep up the good work

Thanks, yes traffic paths are created and can be found in 'pc\data\cdimages' from the download.
And what you talking about is something for scripters like they did with 'real traffic mod'

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:13 PM Edited by stilldre, 04 March 2013 - 10:19 PM.

My new Main Website is in WIP now.
Creating it for easyier look into all my maps, videos, news about upcoming mods and fresh new download links..
Also will include FAQ and will be connected with Facebook & Youtube!
It will be probably published by the next week icon14.gif

mcfee
  • mcfee

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Tuesday, Mar 5 2013, 03:15)
Thanks, yes traffic paths are created and can be found in 'pc\data\cdimages' from the download.
And what you talking about is something for scripters like they did with 'real traffic mod'

Cheers for the response. I'm placing the traffic paths in "pc\data\cdimages" but I am not seeing the traffic appear. Could I be doing something else wrong? I've got no other maps installed...

mcfee
  • mcfee

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:54 PM Edited by mcfee, 13 March 2013 - 07:22 AM.

I've tried a couple things now- I just can't seem to get traffic paths working. What could I be doing wrong? I've got the cdimages/paths.img installed in the appropriate folders (pc/data/cdimages, TBGOT/data/cdimages etc.) but I can't see any traffic. Ideas?

Also, peds/bodyguards generated from SimpleTrainer v6.4 do not work. They appear- but they cannot move anywhere... Is the because the maps it 'out of bounds'?

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

Replaced few terrain textures to snow, with snow mod trees it kinda fits more than before biggrin.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

Nice. You should freeze the water on the map and release it for install with the snow mod. Also on the river you should have chunks of ice like in Mafia 2 Joe's Adventure.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

Cool but normally trees don't look completely white lol
take it from someone who lives in the snow.

Evj
  • Evj

Оптик

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

The screens are pretty cool! I like it! Keep the work up!

Vintage88
  • Vintage88

Lost MC | VP

• Members

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

Where on the map is this located? Can it be installed with Clockwork Mount? How about Red Dead Desert 12?

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

Sorry for being to long away here from topics, but i come and look through sometimes cookie.gif
In case if someone curious about my latest work, it could be found on my fb page: http://www.facebook....ldreproductions

Here is some artwork from me, sketch of a Iron Man's mansion that i'll be soon correcting and making interiours to put it on the hill of my new upcoming map: Wasteland Rally
user posted image

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:47 PM

Looks great man! wow.gif Why not put it in Countryside Mountains V instead? tounge.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (JF-Mir2 @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 00:47)
Looks great man! wow.gif Why not put it in Countryside Mountains V instead? tounge.gif

Nah this map is to big for buildings, i probably doing something wrong but don't care that much biggrin.gif
New map is going to be small but will have alot of detail, it also based on California/Nevada theme so it kinda fits more here icon14.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:29 AM

Do you think you may ever do a New York style countryside map that would fit with Liberty City?

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 03:29)
Do you think you may ever do a New York style countryside map that would fit with Liberty City?

Perhaps, this i wanted to do for LCPD guys.. So they could have some outside roads of NY, with police stations and training facility smile.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 11:18)

Perhaps, this i wanted to do for LCPD guys.. So they could have some outside roads of NY, with police stations and training facility smile.gif

Nice. But if you do that, you should make the map be on the west/north side of LC so its more geographically correct.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 21:55)
QUOTE (stilldre @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 11:18)

Nice. But if you do that, you should make the map be on the west/north side of LC so its more geographically correct.

No sh*t?! Lol biggrin.gif
Ofcourse i got allways streetview from google to help me around with it icon14.gif
As for now i'm more excited about the Wasteland, will be kinda overuned in near future with few suprises and real offroading.. But don't want to spoil everything now smile.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

Was doing something else for moment, who is in for some tiny drift roads?
Inspired by Romanian Mountains and don't mind that long bridge without legs tounge.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

lerche88
  • lerche88

Enemy reinforcements falling, roger, roger.

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

Collision still works and only roads appear. I did nothing wrong.

fakespyder
  • fakespyder

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:26 PM

Some trees are invisible in TLaD but are visible in TBoGT. I can't figure out why.

lerche88
  • lerche88

Enemy reinforcements falling, roger, roger.

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:38 AM

Only roads and trees are appearing. This bug needs a fix.

gunziness
  • gunziness

Peon

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:07 AM

Sorry to bring up this old thread alive, dunno if the creator of the mod still around but I would like to know if theres some way to edit the vehicle density on the new map? I know theres a option for that in the game's menu but I would like to see less traffic on the mountains only. And i would also like to know how to make it so only a certain type of vehicles spawn there (pretty much like in the cargp file).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users