[IV/EFLC] Countryside Mountains V

353 replies to this topic
T00 N0RMAL 4 U
  • T00 N0RMAL 4 U

YAY a pointless thread! - forum poster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Wednesday, Feb 13 2013, 00:23)
-Game seems to have memory issues. This is the type of mod that you would install with a car pack. Car packs use up memory, SNT map uses up memory, and your map using up the left over WPL spawns available with in the engine limits use up memory. The combo of those things = models not loading in time, to even disapearings. Don't tell me the your PC probably can't handle it, because I have a very high end PC that runs GTA IV, Crisis, ect just dandy at Max. I also do know that script hook mods do use up more memory when they are doing a lot of stuff vs sco. Back when I updated my PC to Windows 7 it had the power settings set to Ballanced. On Ballanced, copies of GTA IV with script hook and only script hook mods would have memory issues with disapearings where the clean copy was fine. After putting it on max performance, the script hook copies were fine. Basically shows that non rage resources do hog up more memory.

I also have this issue. It is so annoying first of all. Second, it makes the game unplayable because of the pop-ins. When you pause say goodbye to the map! dozingoff.gif

Great map anyway.

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

One thing: you should change the road texture. Roads in small towns don't have lines on it. They are tight, pale gray, and usually, they are full of sand. smile.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (Libertyking @ Thursday, Feb 14 2013, 21:07)
One thing: you should change the road texture. Roads in small towns don't have lines on it. They are tight, pale gray, and usually, they are full of sand. smile.gif

In the desert maybe. Roads in small towns I'd imagine are grey looking, and ether really cracked, or smooth. There isn't really an in between.

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Thursday, Feb 14 2013, 18:46)
QUOTE (Libertyking @ Thursday, Feb 14 2013, 21:07)
One thing: you should change the road texture. Roads in small towns don't have lines on it. They are tight, pale gray, and usually, they are full of sand.  smile.gif

In the desert maybe. Roads in small towns I'd imagine are grey looking, and ether really cracked, or smooth. There isn't really an in between.

Well, this is the image I had in mind... I just couldn't explain it right.

BagpussDave
  • BagpussDave

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:10 PM Edited by BagpussDave, 15 February 2013 - 03:26 PM.

QUOTE (_ReNNie_ @ Monday, Feb 11 2013, 13:40)
when I spawn all objects from the ini using SNT 6.4 the trainer can't be removed again from the screen, seems like the objects are too much too handle or something?

I had the same problem. What seemed to fix it for me was to use the scripthook.dll that came with SNT 6.4 (I had initially upgraded SNT but not the scripthook).

EDIT: after some more playing about today the problem returned for me, so this clearly wasn't the fix. It might be that it just needs more patience - when you select 'load objects from objects.ini' don't press any other key related to the trainer until 'xxx objects loaded' appears at the bottom of the screen.

Mainline421
  • Mainline421

• Members

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

Major Bug
I have been meaning to post this for almost a week but I didn't get a screen shot and then GTAF was down.
Major Bug flooding in Subway making some underground stations in accessible without boarding a train at an a above ground stations, or one which is not affected by the bug. Will there be any fix soon?
user posted image
Niko is swimming by the way.

Also the game doesn't seem to render both CMV and LC together at the same time well with delays on texture loading and some times no LC at all! And another bug the buildings not existing what file are they contained within (probably;y and error by me) Still apart from works fine, Great mod lived up to expectations apart from slow traffic.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:51 PM Edited by nkjellman, 16 February 2013 - 02:16 AM.

I have also have run into invisible trees in some parts of the map. (Not on the streets)

Also at one point, the game randomly crashed when I was cruising around the countryside.

Edit: I think this is my favorite map from Stilldre so far. I think it has a great lay out, and it looks natural in all directions. Most other mountain maps tend to have one side that has an ugly cliff, usually facing the ocean. But I think the mountains are implemented just right. The map is a great size too. Gives you the impression that in the game your really out in the countryside. It also has roads with good turns, and streaght aways to whip through in your car. The driving is really fun on this map with Realistic Driving & Flying. I recommend it to people who play as it goes along with it very well. Anyways I really want to see a second version of this map.

If it has the following, I think it will be perfect.
-Water issues fixed in that part of the subway in LC
-Map visible from far away like LC is. Every add on map, except the ones made by the Criminal Russia Team disappear when you go far away. You see ocean, then the map appears, but LC doesn't do that. I guess this has to do with Super LODS. However this map is worse because you see the changes in water, the holes, and floating pads of water when the map isn't visible, not just ocean.
-Better optimization so pop ins occur less. Like the map not loading well when near in LC, or LC not loading well on the map.
-Simple Native Trainer buildings and objects in the wpl.
-Not that big of a deal, but I truly think that the more populated area of the map should be more small town, suburban like. It would make more sense, plus the map has the feel of escaping Liberty City via game play, and not by running a TC with a different map.
-Airport updates to make it more small airport like. This includes texturing the runway so its more runway like with lines, plus the airport runway lights. Also I'd say the road leading up to the airport should be concrete instead of dirt because its kinda silly to have it being dirt.
-Vehicle spawns.
-Rural style buildings, like barns, cabins, ect. (All were things I've seen in your other maps.)
-I've seen some good places to maybe consider porting one of the Far Cry 3 radio tower models and putting it there. For example, the spot where the dirt road goes up the smaller mountain to a dead end and its snowy at the top.
-Snow removed from the tunnel in the snowy part of the map.
-Maybe even a better merge with LC, that is where the road meats up with LC. Instead of having it go right into the elivated high way in Alderny, maybe you could modify that section of the highway so the roads connect realistically. (this would involve modifying LC map files.)
-MLO in interiors, caves, and tunnels.

Kinda a long list. However most of these things are simpler. I understand the technical issues you had as to squeezing the map into the game, but you might be able to find a way around it. You could delete some random trees to save id's. Do you think you may consider a V2?

Edit: I'm going to say this for the millionth time. GTA IV REALLY NEEDS A LIMIT ADJUSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The game must have some sort of limit as to how many polys it renders on the screen. Real car mods make the textures pop up, plus the large terrain models of this map also cause pop ins. Pop ins are really really really really really really really really really really really annoying. With a limit adjuster we can:
-Make more detailed maps
-Make maps further than LC if mappable bounds are hacked
-My theory is the game has some sort of memory cap that causes the taxi bug. This could be fixed too with out using a memory hogging, turn the map invisible, traffic fix script hook mod. I grantee a limit adjuster would fix this.
-This map will render with LC.

Based on how this map and LC work together, and how real car mods cause pop ins, probably may mean there is a poly limit.

Babyto
  • Babyto

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

smile.gif

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

That's a long list nkjellman biggrin.gif & Good video Babyto!
Well if the limit adjuster will come out or i figure out later i'll update this map, for now it's doing good.
As for change i figured to make some waste land offroad map with 4x4 trails, driffting rally tracks and more!
It'snt going to be very big, but way detailed than ever i've tryied.. Means i'm going to make the road elevated with bumps and cracks, Cliffs i'll do like R* would and basicly will get the whole map as beautiful offroading wasteland area!
Here is a preview screen, what do you guys think of?

Preview Screen

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:53 PM Edited by nkjellman, 17 February 2013 - 09:10 PM.

Looks good.

But I thought you were going to make a tropical map? Something kinda like Far Cry 3. (But with dirt and paved roads) You should make one that goes with Ghostown. Ghostown has a lot of space left over for you to make a large tropical map.

Edit: Found another water.dat bug. Its a hole in the Humbolt River, right under the east side of the East Borough Bridge, you can see under the map.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Feb 17 2013, 21:53)
Looks good.

But I thought you were going to make a tropical map? Something kinda like Far Cry 3. (But with dirt and paved roads) You should make one that goes with Ghostown. Ghostown has a lot of space left over for you to make a large tropical map.

Thanks, and i want to do something else and not big for moment.. Something that is really fun and tricky.
Maybe later i'll continue on tropical Island, cause.. I also have a request from LCPDFR players to make a map mod, but the info about it is a secret for now smile.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

Sounds like it would be good. Also from my last post encase you missed it as I updated it after you replied.

Found another water.dat bug. Its a hole in the Humbolt River, right under the east side of the East Borough Bridge, you can see under the map.

Do you think you may fix the Humbolt River and Subway water.dat bugs as a quick patch?

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:50 PM Edited by stilldre, 17 February 2013 - 11:52 PM.

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Feb 17 2013, 22:12)
Sounds like it would be good. Also from my last post encase you missed it as I updated it after you replied.

Found another water.dat bug. Its a hole in the Humbolt River, right under the east side of the East Borough Bridge, you can see under the map.

Do you think you may fix the Humbolt River and Subway water.dat bugs as a quick patch?

Yes i wll look into it later this week.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:50 PM Edited by GTARandom, 18 February 2013 - 01:53 PM.

There are several problems with this map:

•random crashes when driving on the Alderney highway
•occassional object deformations occur when looking at the landscape direction
•vehicle path tends to glitch in some areas
•because of your blending technique, some parts of the mountain chain look badly textured even when close-up

There are probably more, but these are the most major ones i experienced

Still a nice map though, when you sum up all it's bright sides smile.gif

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

A. f*ck

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

Just a few things to point out... Traffic is crazy. Liberty City itself isn't this flooded with vehicles.

user posted image

The map forces the trees around it to display their low poly LODed selves within Liberty City.
The trees on the map itself don't appear, however I still crash into their invisible collision models.
I didn't update my SNT so I can't comment on the buildings.

The map itself, the terrain and road layout is great. Conceptually its an amazing idea and I commend you for it greatly! I understand you had to work with the limitations of the game, but with the way this concept is currently executed I can't say I'm major fan of this, which is too bad because I really wanted to love it.

If I could, I'd like to suggest a lite version... a map with all the detail but half the size so you won't be forced to push the game past its limits. I'd also like to see you stop using SNT for building spawning. It just doesn't seem like an efficient use of resources since most of us are already struggling to use custom vehicles with GTA's ultra lame memory restrictions.

All that said, I don't think anyone could have done this better. The size of this is really ambitious but it could definitely be a lot more functional. As it is I don't think I'll be keeping it, but I really look forward to any updates you might release for it and I'll definitely be happy to install and play around with it again if you improve upon it.

Thanks for your contributions man, I really enjoy your stuff.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (What!? @ Tuesday, Feb 19 2013, 22:12)
Just a few things to point out... Traffic is crazy. Liberty City itself isn't this flooded with vehicles.

user posted image

The map forces the trees around it to display their low poly LODed selves within Liberty City.
The trees on the map itself don't appear, however I still crash into their invisible collision models.
I didn't update my SNT so I can't comment on the buildings.

The map itself, the terrain and road layout is great. Conceptually its an amazing idea and I commend you for it greatly! I understand you had to work with the limitations of the game, but with the way this concept is currently executed I can't say I'm major fan of this, which is too bad because I really wanted to love it.

If I could, I'd like to suggest a lite version... a map with all the detail but half the size so you won't be forced to push the game past its limits. I'd also like to see you stop using SNT for building spawning. It just doesn't seem like an efficient use of resources since most of us are already struggling to use custom vehicles with GTA's ultra lame memory restrictions.

All that said, I don't think anyone could have done this better. The size of this is really ambitious but it could definitely be a lot more functional. As it is I don't think I'll be keeping it, but I really look forward to any updates you might release for it and I'll definitely be happy to install and play around with it again if you improve upon it.

Thanks for your contributions man, I really enjoy your stuff.

Good ideas indead.

Another solution would be a f*cking limit adjuster. With that we can say bye bye to:
-Map size restrictions (space and amount of objects)
-Taxi bug
-Possibly bad FPS
-SNT buildings
-Texture popping

Just look at Vice City. With Limit Adjuster work on that game there practically is no limitations on that game. On Vice City you can make a map way out side the map bounds, and have everything all working dandy. Don't believe me, then go look at GTA State of Liberty. (I would say San Andreas too, but you still have the space issue with having a fully functional map outside the bounds that isn't glitchy, and has radar, custom water levels in water.dat, and paths.) With Stilldre modding GTA IV, if we could have a limit adjuster that pushes the limits that have been pushed in Vice City, we would have some amazing sh*t. All of Stilldre's maps combined next to each other, with LC, and trainer objects in wpl, would make a gigantic map. I know some say that a limit adjuster would lead to low quality, buggy maps, which is just the opposite. If he could put his maps further away from LC, it would fit in much more with the game concept wise.

Also trees appear on my game, but I have found invisible ones.

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Been working on the new map this week: Waste Land Rally

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

I don't want to be rude, but by "Been working on the new map this week", you also mean you will stop working on CMV, just like the previous maps, right ?

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (Libertyking @ Thursday, Feb 21 2013, 21:50)
I don't want to be rude, but by "Been working on the new map this week", you also mean you will stop working on CMV, just like the previous maps, right ?

Noone said it's going to be stopped, some map modes i just raither not work on further anymore ( even if i do i'm just going to rebuild them )
With CSM V i'm just pausing.. Sorry, but after 5 months i kinda want to do something else for a while biggrin.gif

Darknessje
  • Darknessje

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Thursday, Feb 21 2013, 20:21)
Been working on the new map this week: Waste Land Rally

Nice man cant wait on that map haha that is my number one i like it already can't wait i love rally driving biggrin.gif so nice

MasterVampire
  • MasterVampire

Evil

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:31 AM

GTA seems to crash when I have this map and no more than 2 other map mods installed at the same time - wtf?

I can usually have plenty of map mods installed.

mcfee
  • mcfee

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:22 AM Edited by mcfee, 24 February 2013 - 09:26 AM.

Genius! thanks StillDre- loving the map smile.gif

Especially the underground/water fall area. One of my personal favourite things is hidden areas like this. Maybe it would be cool to include a secret undergound sewer system in one of your future releases. Also, would love to some interiors. Happy to help you out with it!

MasterVampire
  • MasterVampire

Evil

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (MasterVampire @ Sunday, Feb 24 2013, 05:31)
GTA seems to crash when I have this map and no more than 2 other map mods installed at the same time - wtf?

Actually it seems that the game will crash only with certain other map mods?

Example If i use that map mod to put king kong on one of the towers in the middle city the game with crash with this map.
Without it and it works fine?

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (MasterVampire @ Monday, Feb 25 2013, 00:46)

Example If i use that map mod to put king kong on one of the towers in the middle city the game with crash with this map.

GTA is becoming picky when it haves big mods ingame like this one, smaller maps or those far away like on other side of LC are will probably work.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (stilldre @ Sunday, Feb 24 2013, 23:50)

GTA is becoming picky when it haves big mods ingame like this one, smaller maps or those far away like on other side of LC are will probably work.

Again, Limit Adjuster required.

Your breaching the number of id limits.

MasterVampire
  • MasterVampire

Evil

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Feb 25 2013, 02:24)
QUOTE (stilldre @ Sunday, Feb 24 2013, 23:50)

Again, Limit Adjuster required.

Your breaching the number of id limits.

How do I do this Limit Adjuster ?

stilldre
  • stilldre

StillDre Productions

• Members

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:36 AM Edited by stilldre, 26 February 2013 - 02:39 AM.

Little side project for when the GIMS Evo will have vehicle export to IV: Warthog Nemesis
Want to add some armor and stuff so this Warthog from Halo/Forza4 will look like a badass zombie nemesis! If you get what i mean tounge.gif *if not it's cool, you'll see later lol cookie.gif

QUOTE (MasterVampire @ Monday, Feb 25 2013, 08:31)
How do I do this Limit Adjuster  ?

It isn't made yet biggrin.gif but it should be great as you can read a page back all about it icon14.gif

T00 N0RMAL 4 U
  • T00 N0RMAL 4 U

YAY a pointless thread! - forum poster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:00 AM Edited by T00 N0RMAL 4 U, 26 February 2013 - 11:57 AM.

QUOTE (stilldre @ Monday, Feb 25 2013, 22:36)

It isn't made yet biggrin.gif but it should be great as you can read a page back all about it icon14.gif

Is there anyone out there that is working on a limit adjuster or has attempted to make one? Would like to know that.

QUOTE (stilldre @ Sunday, Feb 17 2013, 16:58)
I also have a request from LCPDFR players to make a map mod, but the info about it is a secret for now smile.gif

Can't wait to find out about it!

QUOTE (What!? @ Tuesday, Feb 19 2013, 18:12)
Just a few things to point out... Traffic is crazy. Liberty City itself isn't this flooded with vehicles. HUGE ASS AMOUNT OF CARS REMOVED

This is why I use my trainer to spawn drivers with blips, traffic disabled, for map mods so it is much more realistic. The only huge cons is that the map would sometimes glitch, and all the cars driving would fall under the map into the water below. Also random traffic jams would occur, and drivers would act like drunks at times. dozingoff.gif

Yeah.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:14 AM Edited by nkjellman, 26 February 2013 - 03:28 AM.

QUOTE (T00 N0RMAL 4 U @ Tuesday, Feb 26 2013, 03:00)
QUOTE (stilldre @ Monday, Feb 25 2013, 22:36)

Is there anyone out there that is working on a limit adjuster or has attempted to make one? Would like to know that.

QUOTE (stilldre @ Sunday, Feb 17 2013, 16:58)
I also have a request from LCPDFR players to make a map mod, but the info about it is a secret for now smile.gif

Can't wait to find out about it!

QUOTE (What!? @ Tuesday, Feb 19 2013, 18:12)
Just a few things to point out... Traffic is crazy. Liberty City itself isn't this flooded with vehicles. [COLOR=red]HUGE ASS AMOUNT OF CARS REMOVED

This is why I use my trainer to spawn drivers with blips, traffic disabled, for map mods so it is much more realistic. The only huge cons is that the map would sometimes glitch, and all the cars driving would fall under the map into the water below. Also random traffic jams would occur, and drivers would act like drunks at times. dozingoff.gif

Yeah.

EDIT: Well my text is red and a code showing in 3rd quote. Will try to fix later but i'm crazy mad tired right now.

And that might just be a way to get realistic countryside/suburban traffic. Except its a script that does it automatically, and it doesn't replace car paths. The maps car paths are set up so they don't spawn cars but the script spawns a few cars. As its only a few it won't cause issues like the taxi bug fixes (that cause much worse bugs).

About the limit adjuster. As far as I'm concerned no one is working on it, however someone could anomalously be working on it. But if there is one there would need to be two versions.
One for GTA IV 1.0.7.0, and one for EFLC 1.1.2.0. I'm willing to bet those are identical, but what will be more different is doing the old IV patches. Most important though is the newest patches.

On the Render Ware GTA titles, the limit adjuster worked like this.
-GTA III and GTA VC had the executable modified. GTA VC so far has the most amount of limits hacked. III didn't have much done to it.
-GTA SA had it as a dll plug in that only worked on V1.0, and it had a configurable .ini file. SA had most limits hacked like VC, except mapping outside the bounds. I remember X-Seti claiming to have it for SOL on GTA SA, but he said that ether GTA SA was unstable, laggy, and/or glitchy, which would need to be worked into more.

A dll would be a alright, and might be easier to get compatibility. The problem I worry about with a limit adjuster that modifies the exe like III and VC is the no cd protection may trigger so it would be like playing on a pirated game. (No missions)

I remember X-Seti saying that he was working on a SA and a Rage version of SOL. He said he wants to get all the boundary issues on SA cracked and that should help with GTA IV, as thats next on his list. I'm not 100% positive, but I could be correct. I know IV and SA seem to have identical issues when it comes to mapping outside the bounds.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

Looking at what you have done. Very pretty map indeed. Original, You should consider this a job very well done.

Ok, Down to business.

On the Render Ware GTA titles, the limit adjuster worked like this.
-GTA III and GTA VC had the executable modified. GTA VC so far has the most amount of limits hacked. III didn't have much done to it.
-GTA SA had it as a dll plug in that only worked on V1.0, and it had a configurable .ini file. SA had most limits hacked like VC, except mapping outside the bounds. I remember X-Seti claiming to have it for SOL on GTA SA, but he said that ether GTA SA was unstable, laggy, and/or glitchy, which would need to be worked into more.

Hacks on VC are down to the work with Steve M, The original LA, Andy & Me for LA 2, Regex for his work on SOL-O where the hacks that got carried mostly forward by Swoorup for the SOL Launcher.

VC has the most research where in SA this has been very lacking. I haven't seen anyone really work on Rage? and I have hardly started on this myself because I've had more problems with buggy max scripts and trying to export models to collision pivot misalignment bugs. This is where my time is being held up.

Now I've always said that research in an engine like SA should have been done first before everyone jumps onto the next engine, Because it leaves a lot of things for everyone unfinished where modding on SA is very limiting given there is a 19999 ID object limit and map bounds where the paths do not want to work.

I can get things beyond the bounds but not the paths, I can not say the same for Rage yet.

So what I am try to say is this, We want the best from what mods we make we all need to come together better and contribute our skill set.

We need better max scripts but these alone are worthless without the platform to work on (What ever engine)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users