Photo

Whore of the Orient

63 replies to this topic
JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

Shanghai, 1936. Whore of the Orient. Paris of the East. The most corrupt and decadent city on the planet, where anything can be had or done for the right price. Plaything of Western powers who greedily exploit the Chinese masses. Boiling pot of Chinese nationalism, with the Kuomintang ruthlessly trying to suppress Communism and the labour movement. Home to the International Police Force, a group of Western cops hopelessly trying to keep the lid on and keep the peace.

From the development team who brought you L.A. Noire and The Getaway, along with the Academy Award winning film production team of Kennedy Miller Mitchell comes a completely new and original IP being developed for next generation games consoles and PC.

http://www.teambondi.com/

I'd be happy if it had some real detective work in it.

Nebby
  • Nebby

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:36 PM

So do we play as the police?

Plus that is an awfully coded/designed website. They shouldn't have even announced it this early.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

1936?
I'll pass.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:12 PM

game is published by warner brothers

Versous
  • Versous

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:20 PM

some additional info:

This is gonna be a next-generation game(PC and next-gen to be specific)!

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:24 PM

For anyone who liked LA Noire id suggest you support them. They closed, and there open again. This means they can develop the sequel to LA noire if they stay open.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

I have some slight reservations about that team. I recall reading that R* had to be quite hands on with LA Noire. I'd love a follow up to LA Noire but can Team Bondi deliver a quality game on their own?

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

These guys are some of the more creative and innovative studios out there these days.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

http://www.eurogamer...or-la-noire-dev

This doesn't paint a very reassuring picture of Team Bondi. I wouldn't hold my breath for this game being the success that LA Noire was.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

Awesome news, and i really like that screenshot too. Already a PS4/720 game to look forward to. I love LA Noire for one.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

Team Bondi calls this:
user posted image

"A photorealistic piece of work"? Lmao.

gta_rulez
  • gta_rulez

Rockster Noord

• Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

First I want The Getaway on PS3!!! Set in London and Amsterdam. It looked bloody awesome back in 2005!

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 14:24)
For anyone who liked LA Noire id suggest you support them. They closed, and there open again. This means they can develop the sequel to LA noire if they stay open.

I loved L.A. Noire, but didn't R* get the rights for the franchise ???

On-Topic:
Team Bondi makes great games, but I hope they will not take 5+ years this time... WB is the publisher, this could be interesting. Shame R* isn't the publisher anymore. Yes, I know they had problems with each other.

skyfamster
  • skyfamster

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

I'm a Chinese.I wish they could make the feeling of our culture and history.
at that time shanghai is a colony , we are exploited by westerners and japanese, game's setting itself is full of drama

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 05:24)

Lol no. R* has the rights to LA Noire, and Team Bondi made a HUGE mess of the game, so much that R* had to spend quite a while refining and fixing stuff. Not to mention the whole overworking and underpaying, sweatshop employee conditions at Team Bondi that were reported a while ago. So no, they will never develop a sequel to LA Noire.

On topic: Not expecting much from this. After the whole issue they had, and with no R* to help them out this time, I'd be surprised if it turns out to be decent.

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 16:13)
Team Bondi calls this:
user posted image

You do realize that game is like 10 years old.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

Is this Team Bondi? I mean is this what they are still named? Because it says "KMM Interactive Productions."

Nevertheless, I am interested, I will be watching.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

So is the game going to be called "Whore of the orient?" and what is it going to be like? detective like LA Noire? or does no one know yet?

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (Indi @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 16:20)
Is this Team Bondi? I mean is this what they are still named? Because it says "KMM Interactive Productions."

Joint team, it seems to say. Not very clear, though. Bondi aren't mentioned by name in the blurb, but it's their email address on the contact page.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

Being of Chinese ancestry, I would be very interested in seeing how this game pans out..but

a group of Western cops hopelessly trying to keep the lid on and keep the peace.

Are you serious? cry.gif

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (Outcast @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 16:54)
Being of Chinese ancestry, I would be very interested in seeing how this game pans out..but

a group of Western cops hopelessly trying to keep the lid on and keep the peace.

Are you serious? cry.gif

Oh I really didn't see that part when I read the description. So it looks like this might be another LA Noire type game then.

.dre.
  • .dre.

reminder 6/12

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:16 PM

Release date: 2019

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:40 AM Edited by Adriaan, 31 August 2012 - 12:55 AM.

That article said they updated the Team Bondi site... I still see the old one with L.A. Noire. Some weird CDN caching in my location I guess. Anyone else experiencing this?

To the guy that insulted The Getaway and their statements on it at the time of its release: F*ck off. I get so upset when people (or young kids?) bash the graphics of older games, especially San Andreas or GTA2. How stupid are you looking at it with your young mind and can't realize that these statements on the game and how people experienced them at the time was in present day back then.

Technology, the quality of the art, in this industry moved (and moves) fast, so maybe when you think of something that came out 5 or 10 years ago you don't understand that this was pretty normal back then, or even impressive. Maybe that's understandable when you play your COD which hasn't changed at all in its five years or so on a creative level.

Oh and, btw, here's a technical demo they showed on what was to be The Getaway 3 back in 2005:

I think that's pretty impressive, even by today's standards. They had bloom shaders years before it became cool.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 20:40)
That article said they updated the Team Bondi site... I still see the old one with L.A. Noire. Some weird CDN caching in my location I guess. Anyone else experiencing this?

To the guy that insulted The Getaway and their statements on it at the time of its release: F*ck off. I get so upset when people (or young kids?) bash the graphics of older games, especially San Andreas or GTA2. How stupid are you looking at it with your young mind and can't realize that these statements on the game and how people experienced them at the time was in present day back then.

Technology, the quality of the art, in this industry moved (and moves) fast, so maybe when you think of something that came out 5 or 10 years ago you don't understand that this was pretty normal back then, or even impressive. Maybe that's understandable when you play your COD which hasn't changed at all in its five years or so on a creative level.

Oh and, btw, here's a technical demo they showed on what was to be The Getaway 3 back in 2005:

I think that's pretty impressive, even by today's standards. They had bloom shaders years before it became cool.

I still see the old one as well. Thought I was going crazy as I couldn't see what everyone else was talking about.

Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:27 AM

I have big support for Team Bondi, frankly any Australian games developer studios really, because frankly the game industry in Australia is quite poor. Glad to see it 'open' again, Team Bondi has really been a big figurehead of Australia games development in my eyes.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:21 AM

I'm kinda interested, but i can't see it being the success LA.Noire was, Rockstar helped them alot with that project, glad to see they're open again though.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:09 AM

It sucks that teambondi don't have Rockstar with them no more. confused.gif But what kind of teabondi game that they are developing right now?

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (AreXi @ Friday, Aug 31 2012, 04:51)
Team Bondi calls this:
user posted image

Yeah, its pretty harsh for critisizing graphics on PS2, its like complaining that Sonic the Hedgehog on Genesis doesn't look so good now. In fact The Getaway has rather nice graphics for the era.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:02 AM

I must admit that would be a pretty uncomfortable conversation with a video game store clerk.

"Do you have a Whore of the Orient left in stock?". I'd be expecting to be directed to the nearest Asian themed brothel. ph34r.gif

Lochie
  • Lochie

darkness washed over the dude

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Friday, Aug 31 2012, 06:51)
QUOTE (AreXi @ Friday, Aug 31 2012, 04:51)
Team Bondi calls this:
[IMG]http://image.gamespo...g_screen001.jpg[IMG]

Yeah, its pretty harsh for critisizing graphics on PS2, its like complaining that Sonic the Hedgehog on Genesis doesn't look so good now. In fact The Getaway has rather nice graphics for the era.

I'm glad someone called this dude out. Bloody hell.

What an interesting premise, I'm really keen to hear a few more details but it will probably be a few years before we know what the storyline and gameplay will be about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users