FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:58 AM

I want Codec back.

f*ck Kiefer, I want Hayter back.

Holy sh*t it was awesome but short. Still, having lots of replay value/fun playing the 'extra's and replaying to test out mechanics.

• Daz and Detective Phelps like this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:20 AM

The second bomb was clearly in Paz's vagina. Not sure why people keep doubting that.

Also, it's pretty obvious that it's Skull Face on all of the tapes as well. The voice actor has a very distinct voice, at least to my ear.

1: What evidence do you have to support that? To me it makes more sense for it to have been shoved in with the other one through the stomach. (But based off how rapey the tapes get who knows what they are trying to imply with this.)

2: I am not so sure. I don't know if it was a tape or during dialog at the end scene. I haven't spent too much time with it so I can't pinpoint the exact one I am talking about but it sounds just like how ocelot speaks and pronounces his words in MGS2.

In one of the tapes they lube the package before putting it somewhere "they would never look". It would take a bit of forplay to get her asshole stretched enough to fit in a package of that size (especially considering how petite she is) so it's most likely in her Vagina.

Also that's definitely Skullface in those tapes. If it were Ocelot he would've been credited seeing as though Huey is credit for his handful of lines.

Well, firstly, if the bomb was as big as the first one that seems a stretch no matter where they put it. Secondly, if they can shove that thing into her stomach and get her to survive then f*ck knows what else is possible.

And what I meant like it sounding like ocelot, I am not saying it was the actor, I mean the way whoever was in that certain segment sounding and pronouncing words like Ocelot would. The actors' intention or not. I am speaking more about the long game here. Sure it could be a coincidence that SF also wants to f*ck up zero. It has to be someone we know in some form. Because the identity is unknown, meaning we would know who it is, and that he has known snake from "way back". I will be very disappointed if it is not someone who we at least know of.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:58 PM

The second bomb was clearly in Paz's vagina. Not sure why people keep doubting that.

Also, it's pretty obvious that it's Skull Face on all of the tapes as well. The voice actor has a very distinct voice, at least to my ear.

1: What evidence do you have to support that? To me it makes more sense for it to have been shoved in with the other one through the stomach. (But based off how rapey the tapes get who knows what they are trying to imply with this.)

2: I am not so sure. I don't know if it was a tape or during dialog at the end scene. I haven't spent too much time with it so I can't pinpoint the exact one I am talking about but it sounds just like how ocelot speaks and pronounces his words in MGS2.

In one of the tapes they lube the package before putting it somewhere "they would never look". It would take a bit of forplay to get her asshole stretched enough to fit in a package of that size (especially considering how petite she is) so it's most likely in her Vagina.

Also that's definitely Skullface in those tapes. If it were Ocelot he would've been credited seeing as though Huey is credit for his handful of lines.

Well, firstly, if the bomb was as big as the first one that seems a stretch no matter where they put it. Secondly, if they can shove that thing into her stomach and get her to survive then f*ck knows what else is possible.

And what I meant like it sounding like ocelot, I am not saying it was the actor, I mean the way whoever was in that certain segment sounding and pronouncing words like Ocelot would. The actors' intention or not. I am speaking more about the long game here. Sure it could be a coincidence that SF also wants to f*ck up zero. It has to be someone we know in some form. Because the identity is unknown, meaning we would know who it is, and that he has known snake from "way back". I will be very disappointed if it is not someone who we at least know of.

I'm the opposite... I really hope he's a totally new character.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:21 AM

Well right now he is.

But just by saying he is unknown, that is obvious as he is new to us, which must mean we do know him. Or at least know more about him than we think.

I am all for new characters, I hated everything about Vamp and how he would just not f*ck off. But there are some amazing characters from MGS1 and earlier games that their back story has not been explored yet, I really want that.

Ocelot and Gray Fox need more screen time. I wouldn't think it would be a bad idea to have a spinoff game playing as Ocelot doing all his behind the scenes sh*t, but only once all MGS main titles are exhausted.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:25 PM Edited by NightSpectre, 16 April 2014 - 12:25 PM.

Found these on Kotaku, thought I should share.

It's pretty cool how this was made in Japan, GTA is big even there.

• Daz and Detective Phelps like this

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

OH f*ck YES an ocelot game would be ACE. Something along the lines after Snake Eater and doing all mad awesome sh*t. I mean.... Pistolero/revolver wielding badass? WHATS NOT TO LIKE?

• Daz likes this

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:36 PM

That would just turn into a messy third-person shooter with a storyline I would rather want to stay untold. Perhaps it would work as a spin-off, but definitely not something Kojima should bother with.

I'd rather see The Boss game Hideo was talking about back in the day - a possibility, since he just recently visited Normandy (the place she and her Cobra Unit were sent on a mission back in 1944). Perhaps he could write a story based upon her entire life - from her birth as a child of one of the members of the Philosophers, her services during the World War II when she met Zero, the foundation of Cobra Unit, the affiliation with John, her top secret missions in the Soviet Union which required her to leave the forementioned John, the Mercury Project and the trip to the cosmos as the first human in the world... and much more. There's plenty of stories to tell for The Boss.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

Well right now he is.

But just by saying he is unknown, that is obvious as he is new to us, which must mean we do know him. Or at least know more about him than we think.

I am all for new characters, I hated everything about Vamp and how he would just not f*ck off. But there are some amazing characters from MGS1 and earlier games that their back story has not been explored yet, I really want that.

Ocelot and Gray Fox need more screen time. I wouldn't think it would be a bad idea to have a spinoff game playing as Ocelot doing all his behind the scenes sh*t, but only once all MGS main titles are exhausted.

I'm kind of sick of Ocelot at this stage. He's been in every game except for Peace Walker and the two original Metal Gears for the MSX (basically every game but one since his introduction). What do you mean he's unknown? Please explain.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:58 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 16 April 2014 - 04:05 PM.

That video is a masterpiece,goes to show how Belove GTA is,and it was the Franchise that inspired kojima to go openworld with MGS:GZ and MGS:PP...kudos to them japnese GTA fans :)

OT:I heard PP will be bigger than GZ (I hope so)...

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:52 PM

Well right now he is.

I'm kind of sick of Ocelot at this stage. He's been in every game except for Peace Walker and the two original Metal Gears for the MSX (basically every game but one since his introduction). What do you mean he's unknown? Please explain.

When he is introduced, it says "identity unknown".

Well I only consider the proper ocelot stuff as MGS1 and 2. Because 4 was a f*cking sham and technically wasn't even him in terms of personality, same goes for MGS 3, before he got super bad ass.

He was so motherf*cking win in MGS2 that I want to see more of that bad assery, or at least a game where we play as a random Foxhound soldier, working with all the cast from MGS1. I want to explore those characters. The Boss was good and everything but going back that far has no purpose for a story standpoint. I feel that would much more likely be turned into a whored out action game way more easily than an espionage thriller that could involve ocelot. Even if we don't play as him a story centered on him could be very engaging.

After all as fullmetal said, f*cking spinning revolvers around, using tech nobody even knows exists and backstabbing motherf*ckers all over the shop. How can you not want that.

I am pretty sick of all the ninja sh*t as well. Unless it is Gray Fox, but even then I would rather explore his past before cyborging it up.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:49 PM

Ocelot's 'definition' of espionage is mostly based on psychological acts. Characters like The Boss, Big Boss, Solid Snake or even Raiden, are specialized in direct contact with an enemy - their approach is clearly action-oriented. Shalashaska is simply not a good material for a protagonist, from a gameplay side of view. Let him be as a brilliant side character - that's where he shines.

The Boss, on the other hand, has a long story of different, say, 'physical' missions - both in the chaos of the battlefield commanding her own unit, and in the shadows of top-secret assassinations. Along with exploits such as the space travel, she's a perfect material for a video game lead character. Gameplay-wise, we would have an interesting mix of SOCOM-like tactical stealth and solitary espionage actions across the world. Story-wise, she has interesting origins and rich story background, though there's still plenty to tell new things. Besides, she was chronogically the first to wear the bandana!

1448517-the_boss___volgin.jpg

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep Meep.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:01 AM

^ YES. It'd be interesting to see Metal Gear Solid in a World War II setting. Her missions with the Cobra Unit during WW2 remain a massive grey area in the series, minus the Normandy story told in Snake Eater.

After all, she plays a major role in the entire series (indirectly most of the time), so it does seem appropriate to make a game with her as a protagonist.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

The reason I don't think the WW2 thing is a good idea is that there is no intertwining story back then, it is the start. MGS3 was great because it did kind of feel back to basics and more of how MGS1 felt, but everything was brand new. I really like the idea of the story where it is now, because there are so many options for exploring other characters that we know, but barely know much about. Which was my reasoning behind it.

Also, I found this gif, pretty much sums up why I don't think kiefer is 100% appropriate, especially for the mo-cap.

5CFJLtv.gif

Dat stallone-stroke-speak.

• FullMetal likes this

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:54 PM Edited by Zancudo, 20 April 2014 - 03:55 PM.

This doesn't have anything to do with Kiefer. I don't get the hate for him. He's a much better fit for Big Boss than David Hayter. Just check this out: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=H4Irq3YqK4g.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

You can't compare crappy quality recorded voice overs from games that are almost over a decade old to f*cking newly recorded voice overs for a current game.

And again: HAYTER is the only f*cking Big Boss/Snake. Have you actually played the game properly? It's not 'that bad' in cutscenes to be honest... but ingame it all feels out of place and not right. Overall Kiefer can't do the Big Boss/Snake character justice.

• Daz likes this

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:35 PM Edited by Zancudo, 21 April 2014 - 07:48 PM.

David Hayter is the only one Solid Snake, if anything. Naked Snake should have had a different voice actor from the beginning - being a completely different persona. Kiefer finally creates that distinction and he does that really well.

Big Boss is not the same character as before. His change was symbolically highlighted at the end of Peace Walker, when he throws his bandana away. You could say a change in the voice is another symbol of his metamorphosis. A transistion into an antagonist we know from the 'old' Metal Gear titles. MGSV is going to be a story of a man who turns mad as he threatens the entire world with nuclear weapon. David Hayter's voice, the same voice behind the heroic Solid Snake, wouldn't fit the 'evil' that is Big Boss.

Instead of comparing Sutherland to Hayter, compare him to Doyle. That's more accurate.

When you see this picture, can you imagine Big Boss being voiced by David Hayter? Me not. And that's the character we'll witness in MGSV.

big_boss_mgs4_artwork.jpg

dante財閥
  • dante財閥

財閥

• Members
  • France

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:02 AM

No doubt this has already been covered, but boy was I disappointed with the length of this game. Really feel like it's setting a dangerous precedent. 

• Daz likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:03 AM

David Hayter is the only one Solid Snake, if anything. Naked Snake should have had a different voice actor from the beginning - being a completely different persona. Kiefer finally creates that distinction and he does that really well.

Big Boss is not the same character as before. His change was symbolically highlighted at the end of Peace Walker, when he throws his bandana away. You could say a change in the voice is another symbol of his metamorphosis. A transistion into an antagonist we know from the 'old' Metal Gear titles. MGSV is going to be a story of a man who turns mad as he threatens the entire world with nuclear weapon. David Hayter's voice, the same voice behind the heroic Solid Snake, wouldn't fit the 'evil' that is Big Boss.

Instead of comparing Sutherland to Hayter, compare him to Doyle. That's more accurate.

When you see this picture, can you imagine Big Boss being voiced by David Hayter? Me not. And that's the character we'll witness in MGSV.

This doesn't explain why his voice is kiefer's in ground zeroes.

I actually agree he should have a change in voice at some point. Because it would be a little strange to have your new commander who you don't know have the same voice as you. However, the annoying part is how they did it.

If it happened as a result of the accident at the end of GZ then it would make sense, or a change because of nano-machine implementation. But they just totally wrote Hayter out as if he was a piece of sh*t.

Besides, Kiefer may be decent for an acting role or even amazing for another character, but not big boss, in any f*cking way.

I would take Doyle over him any day of the week. As fullmetal said, it feels out of place and it is hard for die hard fans to now accept some totally random replacement for no logical reason, especially how the facial mocap sucks and is barely in any of the game so far.

tuareg
  • tuareg

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:38 AM

http://www.metalgear...er.com/?p=13991

E3 hype sorted.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

Okay so my dick is already getting kinda hard right now for E3. A year long wait for The Phantom Pain is going to kill me. This kind of anticipation/hype I am currently experiencing is rather unique actually.

And about the voice acting: They should've used Doyle instead... end of story. If they needed to change voice actor do it with someone that already proven his worth of videogame voice acting.

I might get it all wrong, but I don't really see Big Boss as and evil character tho... He's actually on the same level as The Boss. And that's what Naked Snake eventually turns into/does aswel. All with one goal, fighting the Patriots.

• Daz likes this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Romania
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

Okay, this doesn't have much to do with Ground Zeroes, but this is the only MGS topic here.

Holy f*ck, this franchise. I read some sh*t up on the net recently, and while I still cannot say that I understand everything, I have to say this is a f*cking brilliant story. Now I'm just wondering what TPP will be about. I mean, reading about the story of the games and then watching the E3 trailer made me understand more of the trailer and stuff, but I'm still confused. No matter, when I have some more free time on my hands, I'll continue reading about it.

Now, as far as gameplay goes, it's pretty good. Animations are awesome, stealth is the best in any video game, period. Shooting is also pretty good, but I've seen better. But the latter doesn't really matter that much to me at least.

And from now on, I've officially joined the bandwagon of people drooling over themselves waiting to get their hands on this game.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:45 AM

Yeah I always percieved the story as actually showing you that technically if there is even a good guy and a bad guy that, big boss was actually the good guy, and it is all about the specific situation. Hence how they always say an enemy at one point might be an ally at another, it is just the politics that shift to determine who our enemies are. It just being Zero ruining his reputation and painting him as a war criminal.

Maybe his followers were a little crazy but they could also have been somewhat a little misunderstood as well. But big boss himself I have always considered that he knew deep down he was doing the right thing, or at the very least the only thing he could in any given situation.

However I do want to see him with short slick back hair and a trench coat at some point though.

• FullMetal and Th3MaN1 like this

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:02 PM

Yeah... and good and evil during all the games have been rather flimsy tho. Even all the 'evil' characters/bosses you fight are not completely ''evil" in a way. 

Like how Ocelot is actually also a 'good guy' in a way.

Seriously, I f*cking hate how there are 'gaming journalists' out there who say the story of the Metal Gear franchise has been it's weakest point. And that Splinter Cell is THE benchmark of stealth games. f*ck all that bullsh*t.

And also concerning the MGS franchise, in specific Snake Eater. I have to admit I bawwed my eyes out at the part Snake was standing in front of The Boss' grave. There are a couple of games that nearly brought me to tears but that part really got to me.

• Daz and Th3MaN1 like this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:17 PM

Totally agree man.

It is the only game series where I actually care more about the story than even the gameplay itself, because the story lives on even if you aren't playing. Which has kind of bummed me out that they are scaling back the cutscenes. Hopefully this only means unnessasary ones such as transitional things such as a cutscene of you walking through a gate, but still it added to the atmosphere.

Either way the gameplay is confirmed to be awesome, but I just hope the story doesn't go too over the top like MGS4 and that it works like the original games. A main reason I didn't feel much for peace walker or MGS4 was down to the fact they didn't follow the basic MGS rules.

You need to be on your own infiltrating a highly fortified base of some kind with little to no equipment in order to destroy or recover a metal gear or something of the like. And you need to have serious plot twists and eye opening moments as you slowly uncover what the terrorists are doing.

I didn't feel any of that from either of the last two games. GZ was more like that but pfft, its just a one level thing.

I will defo jizz in my pants at any tiny nugget of info about TPP.

Hopefully we do meet up with Gray Fox at some point in africa, and start to see the makings of Outer Heaven.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:40 PM

Hopefully we do meet up with Gray Fox at some point in africa, and start to see the makings of Outer Heaven.

Dat Frank Yaeger/Jaeger doe... seriously how f*cking awesome would that be? Also I both care about story and gameplay equally in MGS games. And I for one actually like MGS4 and Peace Walker (to be honest, I am really big time into Peace Walker because of the co op gameplay, the RPG elements/base building sh*t). But I agree, its not as 'MGS' ISH as the rest.

But still... I really want more Co Op missions for MGS games. I loved playing that with a friend of mine (who also never played Peace Walker before and we both played it just now a couple of weeks/months ago.

f*ck... so much hype... 

• Daz likes this

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:34 PM

Yeah, I agree. It's probably the only game series in the world that I buy because of the story. Don't know any other game that has such an amazing cast of characters combined with intelligent, unpredictable scenario, full of twists and philosophical values.

And to that, The Phantom Pain is going to have a pretty good gameplay; innovative even, for the stealth genre.

Most of the folks from MGS1 are probably going to make an appearance: I predict Decoy Octopus, Frank Jaeger and, who knows, all the Snakes in their early teenage years. Damn.

• Daz likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:34 PM

That is what I more or less what I wanted out of GZ, I was hoping for a proper MGS experience with the features from PW, such as base building, co-op, having AI friendlies and having more of a battleground simulator, with it being more gameplay orientated to get us used to the mechanics for when TPP comes out with the proper story. However we didn't get that.

Especially as now we have random grunts, why couldn't we have a co-op partner? It really pisses me off.

I really hope they give us more weapon slots in TPP. Only having one pistol really does my head in. Also the ability to drop weapon would be nice. I would love to go round with just a lethal and non lethal pistol like the old days without having to have a giant rifle on my back and hip.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

That is what I more or less what I wanted out of GZ, I was hoping for a proper MGS experience with the features from PW, such as base building, co-op, having AI friendlies and having more of a battleground simulator, with it being more gameplay orientated to get us used to the mechanics for when TPP comes out with the proper story. However we didn't get that.

Especially as now we have random grunts, why couldn't we have a co-op partner? It really pisses me off.

I really hope they give us more weapon slots in TPP. Only having one pistol really does my head in. Also the ability to drop weapon would be nice. I would love to go round with just a lethal and non lethal pistol like the old days without having to have a giant rifle on my back and hip.

Yuup, yup and yup and totally agree. I pretty much thought/think the same. I just hope MGS5 offers more of that. And a f*cking Metal Gear Online kind of game is something I also want. I could briefly play it for a day or so (and realised how unfortunate I was for not having had the chance to play it day 1 and pretty much be able to compete with the 'rest'). Because the basics of Metal Gear Online were pretty cool.

Seriously, this franchise has so much potential to burst out of the boundaries of 'singleplayer epic only'. Peace Walker has proven that RPG elements/base building and Co Op can go together within this franchise. MGO has proven that a online (competetive) multiplayer is also an epic possibility.

Let's hope they do something with all that info. Because after 'rounding up the Metal Gear legacy/saga there's still alot more one can do with the franchise. (I know Revengeance got hatred all around but apart from the over the top, exaggerated and somewhat retarded story the hard boiled over the top super fluid and slick hack and slash gameplay was pretty damn tight and also showed the franchise can burst out into ''sub franchises").

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:03 PM

Of course it's going to have a Peace Walker-style base building and cooperative elements. It was already confirmed. Besides, all those prisoners you extract in Ground Zeroes are going to be your help in the future... :)

chatD4VIS-360
  • chatD4VIS-360

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

As I was playing the xbox exclusive mission I was equipped with an automatic rifle from the get go. Somewhere on the base I picked up a sniper rifle and was able to carry both weapons on the same slot. Not sure of it was because they were different types of weapons or not. But Ido remember carrying more than one under the same slot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users