478 replies to this topic
Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

I've been more hyped about TPP than GTAV a day beore GTAV was released.

I've put about 20 hours into GZ and i don't feel bored of the game one bit yet. I still have so much more to do. 

I-i don't think i can contain my hype until TPP comes out. I think i'm going to have a heart attack.

But dude, if you have a heart attack you won't be able to play TPP!

tuareg
  • tuareg

and everythin' that's shakin' in between

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

Now you understand my problem!

• Daz likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:22 AM

I'm pretty sure I remember him saying something when your interrogate. Like "spit it out" or "speak". Otherwise there really wasn't much commentary I know. But I'm pretty sure this wasn't intended as a standalone release. The majority of acting will be done in TPP and I have a feeling it will be spectacular. Just be patient.

I don't know if it was a glitch or there just isn't an option for non story related interrogations because the first time I did it, he never said anything, on just a random guard, but getting one of the tapes off a guard, he did. So f*ck knows why he doesnt always say it.

There is a little more dialog than I initially mentioned but the point still stands, it kind of annoys me. I hope he has better monologues and speeches in TPP, as I don't think it is fair to the character to turn him into a quiety moody git. Especially after ripping hayter from the role.

I still really hope this was just a smokescreen to have Solid Snake appear somewhat in TPP. Or maybe even Solidus.

I-i don't think i can contain my hype until TPP comes out. I think i'm going to have a heart attack.

That is how I used to feel about Vice City and San Andreas, and even IV (before my expectations were shattered forever).

I would always feel like how I used to do as a kid thinking I would get run over by a bus before christmas or my birthday.

I even consiously used to make sure I didn't go out or do anything too risky like changing a lightbulb before the release date.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:19 AM

Since Agent will likely never happen, TPP is the next best thing for an open world stealth game.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:00 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 31 March 2014 - 05:00 PM.

Since Agent will likely never happen, TPP is the next best thing for an open world stealth game.

Agent will be out next year, trust me ;)

Effects
  • Effects

Yell out 187 and blast

• Members
  • Brunei

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

I agree with you on the codec and intel feature, Daz.

I find it funny how they kept the death screen and dialogue but didn't bother with the codec. The codec has always been the character's means of communication and I find it hard to believe it's just going to be scrapped like that. The audio logs and tapes are cool, but I'd rather listen to a 5 minute codec conversation rather than listening to 30-60 minutes worth of logs. I never thought of mentioning it before. 

I didn't mind GZ, as I've said, because of the new features, including animations and techniques, though. I may have come across a bit too much fanboy-ish, but don't get me wrong, I see the faults in the game, although I don't think they're as big of faults as some people are making them out to be. Obviously TPP is going to be a hell of a lot better, I think that we all thought that. And don't get me wrong Daz, this paragraph isn't aimed at you, just the people moaning about how GZ is apparently "twenty minutes long".

I have to disagree with you when it comes to Kiefer, Daz. Kiefer's a pretty good match for the character and I was happy when I found out he'd be the voice and face of Snake in MGS V. I'll miss David Hayter, but Kiefer Sutherland is a pretty good replacement.

Th3MaN1, I've never liked Raiden either. In MGS 2 he was distasteful, and in the recent games they've gone over the top. 

Pressing LB or L1 iw pretty much the Codec, so there is that. Just like an easier way to get to it than pausing.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:16 AM

Not likely.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:21 PM

Not likely.

Well they renewed the trademark last year so I would say they will need to bring it out pretty soon. I can't see why it would take any more than another year to complete.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:19 PM

What's some of your guys' best scores on the GZ mission so far?

I managed to complete it (on Hard) in 20 minutes and 17 seconds with a little over 77,900 points. That's collecting all 5 of the extra prisoners and not having any alerts, kills or retries. I'm working on cutting the time down to below 20 minutes, but also on completing it this fast without Reflex Mode on. It'll be over 83,000 points if I can make that happen.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:55 AM

I agree with you on the codec and intel feature, Daz.

I find it funny how they kept the death screen and dialogue but didn't bother with the codec. The codec has always been the character's means of communication and I find it hard to believe it's just going to be scrapped like that. The audio logs and tapes are cool, but I'd rather listen to a 5 minute codec conversation rather than listening to 30-60 minutes worth of logs. I never thought of mentioning it before. 

I didn't mind GZ, as I've said, because of the new features, including animations and techniques, though. I may have come across a bit too much fanboy-ish, but don't get me wrong, I see the faults in the game, although I don't think they're as big of faults as some people are making them out to be. Obviously TPP is going to be a hell of a lot better, I think that we all thought that. And don't get me wrong Daz, this paragraph isn't aimed at you, just the people moaning about how GZ is apparently "twenty minutes long".

I have to disagree with you when it comes to Kiefer, Daz. Kiefer's a pretty good match for the character and I was happy when I found out he'd be the voice and face of Snake in MGS V. I'll miss David Hayter, but Kiefer Sutherland is a pretty good replacement.

Th3MaN1, I've never liked Raiden either. In MGS 2 he was distasteful, and in the recent games they've gone over the top. 

Pressing LB or L1 iw pretty much the Codec, so there is that. Just like an easier way to get to it than pausing.

That is more of a hint system, not codec. What we mean by codec conversations, is fully in depth conversations with a character to gain more story. I loved some of the talk with sigint about weapons, and movies with para-medic. And what you don't get with the LB system, is Big Boss actually asking a question or any kind of input.

I felt MGS2 had it perfect, we got to see both characters faces and it got very deep in terms of that. I think that is why the codec conversations were probably the longest in that game. I really hope we get that back. Also if we had an early version of the solition radar in PW, we should defo have a half decent one by 1984. Not that I think we need it anymore, but it would be great to bring that metal gear feel back.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:32 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 02 April 2014 - 02:34 PM.

Yeah Daz, I have to say the Codec for me was amazing in MGS1 and 2. I haven't bothered playing with the rest. I remember MGS1, the codec gave you brief information and the way you were informed sounded really authentic and you genuinely felt like a bad ass.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:23 PM

BTW, what about those boxes you could hide in and the radio calls? Where are they? They kept the sound when you get noticed from the old games if I'm correct. Ah well, maybe Phantom Pain.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:10 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 04 April 2014 - 04:14 AM.

lol

longer version

• Daz and FullMetal like this

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:15 AM

Cardboard boxes are reportedly going to be sold separately as a DLC for The Phantom Pain.

In-depth codec conversations were basically replaced in Peace Walker by those in-menu cassete-recorded dialogues. Thank the kids, who cried because MGS4 "had too much of dem stupid cut'scenes and talks, boo, I want to kill enemies".

By the way, gameplay-wise Ground Zeroes is absolutely fantastic, in my opinion. Been a while since I played such a SOLID game.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:08 PM

Cardboard boxes are reportedly going to be sold separately as a DLC for The Phantom Pain.

Are you f*cking serious?

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:10 PM

Are you f*cking serious?

It wouldn't surprise me one bit, if people were not so blinded by storytelling, they would see just how greedy Hideo Kojima is.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:49 PM Edited by Zancudo, 04 April 2014 - 01:49 PM.

"Blinded by storytelling"? Man, it has one of the best storytelling gaming has ever seen. In many aspects, it exceeds the level of most of the movies and literature you get nowadays.

And I wouldn't call Kojima "greedy". Blame Konami for the politics.
  • Daz likes this

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:49 PM

It has nothing to do with story.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

Selling cardboard boxes being sold as a DLC has to be the most retarded, greediest and disabled move I've ever seen. Couldn't careless if Kojima planned this or not, it just shows how a great company can turn into disabled maniacs.

chatD4VIS-360
  • chatD4VIS-360

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

I will gladly pay for the DLC if it's true. You know why? Because the average lifespans of humans is less than 100 years and I plan on spending every last penny on things I want in life. Enjoy it while it lasts.

UnspokenOuch
  • UnspokenOuch

Prankster

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:51 PM

Snake does the ''dramatic gopher'' look xD

tuareg
  • tuareg

and everythin' that's shakin' in between

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:34 AM

That is how I used to feel about Vice City and San Andreas, and even IV (before my expectations were shattered forever).

I would always feel like how I used to do as a kid thinking I would get run over by a bus before christmas or my birthday.

I even consiously used to make sure I didn't go out or do anything too risky like changing a lightbulb before the release date.

It's going to be a long wait for sure. It's at least a year away judging by the leaked DLC news. I'm still hoping for a december 2014 release, but i don't know, sounds too good to be true. Then again there's 6 months between e3 and december, so who knows.  

• Daz likes this

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:29 PM

Well that was very short and sweet really looking forward to a full instalment. But I'm pretty sure I just paid 23 quid for an interactive trailer?

Spoiler
  • Daz likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:41 AM

Well that was very short and sweet really looking forward to a full instalment. But I'm pretty sure I just paid 23 quid for an interactive trailer?

Spoiler

Yeah, I mean, the gameplay is awesome but it is a little much to try and squeeze this much gameplay in a map that isn't that big to begin with, let alone for the entire game, even as an arcade title. I expected some decent plot points to the MGS timeline, but no, nothing. Quite disappointed on that front. I knew it was going to have not much in it but I would have at least liked some codec conversations or a sh*tload of audiologs to listen to. There isn't many and most are in PW anyway. In that respect I feel it was pointless fan service and to keep people entertained or occupied, but it wasnt nessasary, I would have preferred it to just be at the start of TPP, or at least have come out nearer to it's release.

I feel like I have my starter, but I am waiting a year for my main course. I AM HUNGRY FFS.

As for the spoiler

Spoiler

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:04 AM

Spoiler
  • Daz likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

lol

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:48 AM Edited by W3BB13, 13 April 2014 - 03:51 AM.

The second bomb was clearly in Paz's vagina. Not sure why people keep doubting that.

Also, it's pretty obvious that it's Skull Face on all of the tapes as well. The voice actor has a very distinct voice, at least to my ear.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:23 AM

Spoiler

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:16 AM

The second bomb was clearly in Paz's vagina. Not sure why people keep doubting that.

Also, it's pretty obvious that it's Skull Face on all of the tapes as well. The voice actor has a very distinct voice, at least to my ear.

1: What evidence do you have to support that? To me it makes more sense for it to have been shoved in with the other one through the stomach. (But based off how rapey the tapes get who knows what they are trying to imply with this.)

2: I am not so sure. I don't know if it was a tape or during dialog at the end scene. I haven't spent too much time with it so I can't pinpoint the exact one I am talking about but it sounds just like how ocelot speaks and pronounces his words in MGS2.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:48 PM

1: What evidence do you have to support that? To me it makes more sense for it to have been shoved in with the other one through the stomach. (But based off how rapey the tapes get who knows what they are trying to imply with this.)

2: I am not so sure. I don't know if it was a tape or during dialog at the end scene. I haven't spent too much time with it so I can't pinpoint the exact one I am talking about but it sounds just like how ocelot speaks and pronounces his words in MGS2.

In one of the tapes they lube the package before putting it somewhere "they would never look". It would take a bit of forplay to get her asshole stretched enough to fit in a package of that size (especially considering how petite she is) so it's most likely in her Vagina.

Also that's definitely Skullface in those tapes. If it were Ocelot he would've been credited seeing as though Huey is credit for his handful of lines.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users