Quantcast

» «
Photo

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

470 replies to this topic
Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:25 AM Edited by Gtaghost22, 30 August 2012 - 08:53 AM.

The game was just announced 57 minutes ago..
http://gamingeveryth...roes-announced/
http://gamingbolt.co...aining-and-more
http://www.gamepur.c...e-revealed.html
http://www.examiner....tails-and-image
http://pushstartsele...-ground-zeroes/
http://metalgearsolid.nl/?p=2097

First Image Revealed:
user posted image
Edit:
Demo of ‘Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes’, started with a cutscene (all real-time), went into gameplay, open world, night, raining, base. F*CKING AMAZING … Snake crawled, avoiding searchlights, killed guard, rode jeep, called in heli for evac. Sounds like MG, but the whole scale & atmosphere… Wow.

It's Open-world, and rumour has it that it's going to be released for PS3 & PC only, sounds really f*cking awesome to me.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:39 AM

Holy sh*t,Movie is also announced wow.gif

Nebby
  • Nebby

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:50 AM

Its about goddamn time.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

I have played the Metal Gear Solid series but only a few though. confused.gif I might be looking forward to play this one. (Maybe) smile.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

I told you it's gonna be on PC.

Is that...BIG BOSS? Awesome!

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

never played any MGS games before. are they all open world?

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 12:01)

Not really. They had elements of open environment in the past. Most notably MGS3. But it was never truly an open world experience. You could dick around in the jungle areas for example. But those "open areas" were very linear in nature. I think new MGS will be open world similar to Arma games.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:20 AM Edited by Gtaghost22, 30 August 2012 - 10:40 AM.

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 09:56)
I told you it's gonna be on PC.

Nothing is confirmed, they just said that because it was running on a PC today when they showed it, Famitsu confirmed it was running at "current-gen specs" though

I'm a PS3 player, but i want it to be released for PC aswell (hopefully) so more people can enjoy it, i don't want it to be released for the 360 though, unless they're going to release it on 5-6 disks so it won't hold the PS3 version back, MGS4 was already 30+ GB and that game was released 5 years ago and it wasn't even open-world like this one, this will easily be bigger than Uncharted 3 in terms of size (UC3 was 42 GB) so there is no way in hell it's coming out for X360, sorry folks.

No.this is the first open-world title in the series.
---------
This game is running on Fox engine, it's the first and last current-gen game to run on it, it's a next-gen engine. (another PS4 exclusive under-development will run on it, most likely a launch title)
I dare you to tell the difference from this set of pictures (Fox vs Real Life):
user posted image

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

I'm taking a wild guess here. The left side is real?

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 10:32)
I'm taking a wild guess here. The left side is real?

That's correct, pretty hard to tell though, looks photorealistic.
More pictures from this engine here:
http://gamingbolt.co...nshots-released

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

Great news.
And PES 2014 (out in october 2013) will also be running on the Fox Engine, so this is a whole new thing for konami. This gen consoles and those 2 games will be just a test of what the engine can do, then in next gen, they will tweak the f*ck out of it to perfection.

And open world?

Anyway, great news again.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

PREVIEW ON GAMESPOT;

While we can't actually show you the footage of Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes that was shown since we were told not to do direct filming, at least we can tell you about what we saw during the 20 minute demo.

"Series creator Hideo Kojima then took centrestage and showed off the title's gameplay for a few minutes. We see Snake do what he does best: go in a prone state and sneak around (no Octocam this time; just old-fashioned crawling and hiding), as well as going into aiming mode in third person shooting a nearby guard at a security post. We should also mention that the demo gave out a sandbox open-world vibe; the military base itself felt expansive and huge, and Snake can summon a helicopter to bring him around as well as drive a jeep to go from point A to B. Kojima did state that he wishes to add a new spin to the stealth genre; even when you're discovered, you can use all the means and tools to escape rather than see a "game over" screen."

We would love to see how future demos of this would unfold; adding a sandbox element to the story-heavy Metal Gear series and having everything open-ended seems like a daunting task.We have to also state that the Fox engine looked really, really good.Everything about the demo was completely real-time. The demo itself was running on a PC and was played using an Xbox 360 controller. Nothing was spared in terms of detailing and fidelity, from the lighting and shadows during Snake's sneaking bits to the vehicles and character models in motion during the heavy rain. So far the game and its engine was designed with the PS3 and Xbox 360 in mind, but Kojima stated that the engine itself will cater itself for next gen consoles.

No release date has been announced for this upcoming entry in the Metal Gear series. We don't even know if Kojima may even pull a protagonist switcheroo ala Metal Gear Solid 2, or if the open-world concept will gel well with the already vague and cryptic narrative.

http://www.gamespot....ements-6393924/

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

Just a question, this is different from the MGS 5 right?

So we have the MGS Rising Revengance thing, MGS 5 and now this MGS?

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

@GTAGHOST:
I can tell the difference, but not much.

Shadow is much more soft and realistic in A. Reflection of the light can be seen on the painting in A. Ceiling is much realistic in A. Chair in A seems so detailed that i'm sure it's a real life chair ( B is to blocky, looks uncomfortable, maybe because the engine still can't load a high poly model, hence the blockier chair to maintain a low poly count on the model).

Still impressive though.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 11:49)
Just a question, this is different from the MGS 5 right?

So we have the MGS Rising Revengance thing, MGS 5 and now this MGS?

To be exact Metal Gear Solid Ground Zero is the name of the real time demo Kojima Productions showed at the event. But it is also being made into an actual open world game.

Yes,it´s a new brand,the next installment of the Metal Gear Solid series and has nothing to see with Metal gear 5 or MGS Rising Revengeance.

Versous
  • Versous

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

I followed the neoGAF Thread when the unveiling took place. All Journalists on twitter were blown away by this game.

Definitely a next-gen game with possible downscaled PS3 and 360 versions. It sounds and looks amazing, I need to see more tho.

Msharingan
  • Msharingan

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

It probably is Metal Gear Solid 5.

Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes could be a really cool title. (I still would prefer 'Zero', though).

There have been rumours for awhile that the next installment in the MGS series would be an open world title. Kojima has talked about wanting to have 'Deus Ex' style conversation (i.e. You can talk to pedestrians to gain information, lie, persuade etc). Also this game seems to be set in Africa (also home to Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2), and will likely deal with the building of Outer Heaven. The main character appears to be Big Boss, and the title aludes to a conflict with Zero.

The 'no game overs' idea could be really well implemented. Everything counts. If you die in a mission you might awake in a enemy prison cell (Zero wouldn't want Big Boss dead. *SPOILERS* This is around the time (when Big Boss is 40~ years old) when Zero wants to have him cloned. He is said to be injured in a conflict when Zero is finally able to clone him) and have to fight your way out. Or be resuced by your Outer Heaven buddies 'Far Cry 2-style'.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:27 PM

Oh great, another game for those fanboys in the GTAV section to hate on! tounge.gif biggrin.gif

Really curious about the video, I'm going to a gaming Expo next month where Kojima is doing a presentaion so MAYBE I'll get to see it there unless they reveal it online before then.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

I was just thinking about playing a new MGS game on a PC and the thought gave me a boner.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

Also announced

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

An open world MGS game? Sounds a little odd but I'm sure it will be awesome. Not so enthusiastic about the film though, I don't think MGS needs one and I'm doubtful they can even make one that does the series justice.

Also it seems I've missed something; since when was there ever any talk of a MGS5?

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

So we have MGS5, MGS: The Movie, MGS:GZ, and MGR:R.

Anyone else think this is rather excessive? mercie_blink.gif

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

I'm really not looking forward to an MGS movie to be honest.

A new game in the series always brings a smile to my face, though.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

I hope it's a young Solid Snake. As in a new game that tells the story of the first game. The first game as in Metal Gear, not Metal Gear Solid.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:55 PM

It's Boss... the bossiest of 'Snakes'. PC? Open World MGS? Doing justice to the stealth genre and being superior to Splinter Cell in any way? (no flamewar here... Splinter Cell is good I recognise it for what it is... but it's no where near as good as Metal Gear. Especially not when it comes to the lore/atmosphere and story).

MUST HAVE!!!111!!!

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 23:55)
It's Boss... the bossiest of 'Snakes'. PC? Open World MGS? Doing justice to the stealth genre and being superior to Splinter Cell in any way? (no flamewar here... Splinter Cell is good I recognise it for what it is... but it's no where near as good as Metal Gear. Especially not when it comes to the lore/atmosphere and story).

MUST HAVE!!!111!!!

*Big Boss tounge.gif

The MG series is so close to me that even the smallest mistakes regarding MG is like a thorn in my flesh.

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (bud23 @ Thursday, Aug 30 2012, 05:47)
Kojima did state that he wishes to add a new spin to the stealth genre; even when you're discovered, you can use all the means and tools to escape rather than see a "game over" screen

Does this scare anybody else?

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

No. It just means there is no "3 alarms and mission over" thing. You could use all the tools you had in previous games to escape. Provided you don't get killed.

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:38 PM

I guess so.
It's just that reading that brought back memories about Splinter Cell:Conviction and what was said before that was released nervous.gif

matajuegos
  • matajuegos

2 Years in the forums!!! I MISS YOU ZEE

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:01 AM

I came...

Seriously, this is going to be f*cking good

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users