Photo

Could it actually be Carl Johnson?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic
LethalCrizzle
  • LethalCrizzle

Lethal Crizzle

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:14 PM Edited by LethalCrizzle, 29 August 2012 - 02:32 PM.

Ok.. so lets start from the very beginning. CJ Returned to San andreas in 1992 after being in Liberty City for 5 year. It's estimated he would of been 18-25 (max) during his time back in San andreas.. So lets say he was 25 years old in the events of San andreas.. in GTV that would make him 45. Obviously GTA V is set 20 years later.

So look at his image from the GTA V trailer.. you can easily say he is in he late 30's early 40's. But it does definitely have the same resemblance to CJ. Yes he is darker skinned in San andreas and has a more square head.. but obviously due to graphically improvements GTA V will be a slight difference in the way he looks.

Have a look at the images again..

Then ask yourself.. if its not CJ. Why put him in a tank top (white) exactly the same as we all remeber CJ (would R* trick us?)

They definitely look the same with obviously the graphically improvement. Since we are re-visiting San andreas.. is there a guarantee that there has to be any evidence left over from Grove Street 20 years later? CJ or his brother at least?

If CJ or his brother aren't in San andreas.. then what reason? Are they both dead at the age of around 40-50? His brother maybe 60? Maybe they went to liberty City? (But then we didnt see them with niko in GTA IV)

Maybe its too good to be true.. or maybe the answer is staring us right in the face from the start? Maybe.. just maybe.. this is Carl Johnson.

I made a dedicated thread.. i did a search but couldnt find a dedicated topic on this subject.

user posted image

user posted image

IrishFella
  • IrishFella

Awesome button

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

I thought this is a different "era" so to speak, and that GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas, aren't apart of the new universe. I hope it's not to be honest, most likely just R* trying to throw us off.

RP2012
  • RP2012

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

no, it's not CJ.

omeromer
  • omeromer

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

Looks nothing like him, looks too young, different universe.
There are a thousand reasons why this isn't him and they have been discussed TOO MANY TIMES STOP SAYING THIS IS CARL JOHNSON, IT'S NOT.

bluetops
  • bluetops

Chupacabra

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

I don't think it's CJ himself. Probably just a look-alike that R* put intentionally (like the balcony guy which was thought to be Tommy V) for a big nostalgia factor. The first trailer's power is the powerful nostalgia factor that brings you back the good ol' days, so no doubt it's just a look-alike for that factor. Just my 2 cents...

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

It's not CJ lol I always thought Rockstar did that to show remembrance to our old protagonist in the same city.

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

If i would have got a penny for every CJ thread...

stevechilds
  • stevechilds

Fashion conscience

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

It has been relieved in an easter egg that the following protagonists(Tommy,Cj, and Vincent) have passed away.I do actually expect to see some san andreas ,gta 4 easter eggs in gta v.

Smaaske
  • Smaaske

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

The brown guy from V has got a dick head, CJ hasn´t. And what if Ned Luke has got the voice for Tommy Vercetti, if he actually is Tommy Vercetti?

thebig
  • thebig

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

R* have said that it's impossible to recreate a character of the III'rd area into the IV'th. But they also said that, just because they've started the IV'th era in GTA IV, that doesn't mean the III'rd era is done.
But since there are already 5 GTA's in the III'rd era (if I'm not mistaking) and their storylines are 'interwoven', I think that if they add an extra story to it, they would just ruin it.
That means they will probably continue in the IV'th era so CJ won't be in game. Maybe referations.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:21 PM Edited by jamieleng, 29 August 2012 - 02:25 PM.

Of course it's CJ. That's why nobody is talking about it, because it was confirmed months ago. suicidal.gif

@thebig

The III era isn't over, because eventually they'll probably do San Andreas Stories. Easy money right there.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

CJ would be about 45 years old in 2012, so it's not him. Funnily enough, that's roughly the same age as Ned Luke's character will be.

Beez
  • Beez

Given To Fly

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

I don't think it's CJ because I can't see a 45 year old CJ wearing the same clothes 20 years later and still being chased by cops in the 'hood. Besides, CJ was pretty rich and successful by the end of San Andreas, no?

But, never say never. Rockstar makes the rules and can break them. If they want CJ to cross "universes" and be in V then he can.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTA V/Online Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:27 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 29 August 2012 - 02:53 PM.

NO. Jesus Christ! Can people stop with this sh*t? The Grand Theft Auto series is devided in 3 eras: 2D, 3D and HD.
2D: GTA, GTA London 1969, GTA London 1961, GTA II;
3D: GTA III, GTA VC, GTA Advanced, GTA SA, GTA LCS, GTA VCS;
HD: GTA IV, GTA TLaD, GTA TBoGT, GTA Chinatown Wars, GTA V;

The eras mean that the physical characters can't "switch" the eras. So no CJ or any character from any GTA expect IV/TLaD/TBoGT.

conopida
  • conopida

Vice City

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

Maybe or maybe not. But i'm sure that rockstar will put some reference for Grove Street or CJ in the game, because they were so important in San Andreas. (city)

LethalCrizzle
  • LethalCrizzle

Lethal Crizzle

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (stevechilds @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 14:19)
It has been relieved in an easter egg that the following protagonists(Tommy,Cj, and Vincent) have passed away.I do actually expect to see some san andreas ,gta 4 easter eggs in gta v.

What easter egg?

LethalCrizzle
  • LethalCrizzle

Lethal Crizzle

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (Smaaske @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 14:20)
The brown guy from V has got a dick head, CJ hasn´t. And what if Ned Luke has got the voice for Tommy Vercetti, if he actually is Tommy Vercetti?

I cant see this 'so call' 'D*ck* on his head..

So you clearly have something on your mind.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:34 PM Edited by jamieleng, 29 August 2012 - 02:39 PM.

QUOTE (LethalCrizzle @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 14:31)
It has been relieved in an easter egg that the following  protagonists(Tommy,Cj, and Vincent) have passed away.I do actually expect to see some san andreas ,gta 4 easter eggs in gta v.

What easter egg?

It's the writing on the wall in the entrance to your first safehouse in IV.

user posted image

stevechilds
  • stevechilds

Fashion conscience

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

It has been relieved in an easter egg that the following  protagonists(Tommy,Cj, and Vincent) have passed away.I do actually expect to see some san andreas ,gta 4 easter eggs in gta v.

What easter egg?

On the staircases in most apartment blocks in the game, you may spot some graffiti referring to past protagonists set in GTA III canon (Claude, Tommy, Carl (CJ), Toni, and Vic), that suggests they have passed away, though it is likely metaphorical as GTA III canon is over so they won't be seen again.
But Rockstar could change there minds.

LethalCrizzle
  • LethalCrizzle

Lethal Crizzle

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (stevechilds @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 14:37)

What easter egg?

On the staircases in most apartment blocks in the game, you may spot some graffiti referring to past protagonists set in GTA III canon (Claude, Tommy, Carl (CJ), Toni, and Vic), that suggests they have passed away, though it is likely metaphorical as GTA III canon is over so they won't be seen again.
But Rockstar could change there minds.

Oh right yeah i remember that know. Surely they wouldn't just kill them off without a proper mention? hmm lol

JStarr31
  • JStarr31

Vice Money Murder Gang {V.$.M.G}

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:42 PM Edited by JStarr31, 29 August 2012 - 02:51 PM.

Ryan's facedesk would be too hilarious right now lol

QUOTE (Ryan)
facedesk.gif More fake crap

Lock.
cool.gif oh man, good stuff right there

On topic: different universe, different guy, different city, different story, different everything... basically, no, that is not CJ.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

FFS...

IT'S NOT F*CKING CJ!!! WHY IS SO HARD FOR PEOPLE TO ACCEPT THAT CARL F*CKING JOHNSON WON'T BE RETURNING?!? IT'S A DIFFERENT ERA FROM SA!

DEAL WITH IT!

Okay, I'm really sorry for that. I'm just frustrated is all.

LethalCrizzle
  • LethalCrizzle

Lethal Crizzle

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (Gst0395 @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 14:44)
FFS...

IT'S NOT F*CKING CJ!!! WHY IS SO HARD FOR PEOPLE TO ACCEPT THAT CARL F*CKING JOHNSON WON'T BE RETURNING?!? IT'S A DIFFERENT ERA FROM SA!

DEAL WITH IT!

Sorry, could you please repeat that?

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (LethalCrizzle @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 14:47)
QUOTE (Gst0395 @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 14:44)
FFS...

DEAL WITH IT!

Sorry, could you please repeat that?

Haha, sorry for going apesh*t. But I'll be civil, it's not CJ. He may look similar but he isn't unfortunately.

NO. Jesus Christ! Can people stop with this sh*t? The Grand Theft Auto series is devided in 3 eras: 2D, 3D and HD.
2D: GTA, GTA London 1969, GTA London 1961, GTA II, GTA Advanced, GTA Chinatown Wars;
3D: GTA III, GTA VC, GTA SA, GTA LCS, GTA VCS;
HD: GTA IV, GTA TLaD, GTA TBoGT, GTA V;

Actually, GTA Advance is in the 3D Era and Chinatown Wars is in the HD Era. They may not be in 3D or HD but they were released during that Era and have the same characters.

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

they don't even look alike.. and if CJ would return, why would they spoil that surprise in the very first trailer by showing him in one random scene?

GTAspotter
  • GTAspotter

Middle Park East/Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

Maybe CJ had to build an inter-dimensional cannon to get from his universe to the IV universe to stop the end of both universes...
Or it's just some black guy running, whatever floats your boat

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTA V/Online Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (JStarr31 @ Wednesday, Aug 29 2012, 14:42)
QUOTE (Ryan)
facedesk.gif More fake crap

Lock.

This or something like:
QUOTE (Ryan)
Please use the pinned wishlist thread. smile.gif

Thank you.

OR

QUOTE (Ryan)
And this deserves a topic why? sarcasm.gif

OnTopic: Well, I think that was often enough discussed and people still don't understand it.
dozingoff.gif

GarrowsKai
  • GarrowsKai

I don't even like Dubstep

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

It's not going to be CJ. This version of Los Santos is an entirely different version that the one in SA, therefore it would make no sense for any SA/3D era characters to return. You would have old characters in a completely new and redesigned city.

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

Third topic this week I have to do this with...

the “universes” are the worlds interpreted at different definitions, 2d, 3d and high definition, so we felt brands and radio / back ground characters would exist in both, but 3 dimensional characters would not. This is the logic (as far as it could be considered logical) behind it – so no, we don’t believe any GTA3 characters could exist in the GTA4 universe.

- Rockstar Games Ask & Answered

So yeah, if you read that it'll be clear that this applies to GTAV, as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users