Photo

About Emulation...

2 replies to this topic
mitchnorton
  • mitchnorton

Fly High Pizza Pie

• Members

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:26 AM

I think many people here need to reconsider their issues with the emulation of GTA games such as Vice City Stories. First of all, it is a perfectly valid option for people who, say, have powerful computers and want to use that potential to make their gaming experience even better. I can play the game at 50fps, WITHOUT the chugging and slowdows that occur in busy situations on the PS2, WITHOUT the horrible jaggies, WITHOUT the slow loading times and WITH the ability to upscale the resolution. Secondly, it does not mean that I am a pirate or that I'm too lazy to go out and buy the game... I OWN IT! Granted I did buy it second hand, but it's still a legal copy dammit. It should be perfectly acceptable to talk about it as long as you don't expect technical support or assistance. I believe that if someone asks about emulation on this forum, it should be a valid suggestion as long as note is given about the risks and knowledge required to set it up. Thirdly, IT IS ENTIRELY POSSIBLE TO FINISH BOTH LCS AND VCS TO 100% ON THE PCSX2 EMULATOR! I have done so for LCS and am about to for VCS. The sniper rifle/rocket launcher transparency glitch CAN be fixed by switching to software mode, however the frame-rate severely drops even on the most powerful of computers, so only temporary use is recommended. That said, emulation is not for everyone, in fact it's not for many people, but if you want to take it to the next level of uber-nerdiness then this is something that you should give a go. If you own the PS2 version of LCS or VCS then why not try it? As long as you don't use it as an excuse to play a pirated or downloaded version of the game, I see no problem! 'Tis all!
  • UltraGizmo64 likes this

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:51 PM

well i have a powerful computer setup but i still dont have the right emulator settings/bios files. i would really like if you can upload your complete emulator folder and give me..

btw, i completed vcs on the emu (30 fps with slowdowns). but lcs is not stable in fps, so i only unlocked the second island of the game. (btw i own both games for ps2 but i want better resolution than ps2 gives)

mitchnorton
  • mitchnorton

Fly High Pizza Pie

• Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:30 AM

If you provide me your email I can send you my ini's folder.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users