Photo

Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse

60 replies to this topic
Gangxxter
  • Gangxxter

A Gangster with style

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:10 PM Edited by Gangxxter, 06 September 2012 - 09:05 PM.

user posted image

Kickstarter page

Story
When a mysterious painting is stolen during an armed raid on a Paris gallery, George and Nico are thrown by chance into the investigation together. From Paris to London and beyond, the trail becomes a race against time as dark forces from Europe's turbulent past are woken from their slumber. Broken Sword characters old and new are encountered - but who can George and Nico trust? The journey they are on reveals a conspiracy as old as the written word, whose ancient heresies will cause innocent blood to spill once more...

Finally, after 6 six years since the last original Broken Sword game The Angel Of Death was released, a new Broken Sword game is on its way! It's going to be a classic Point & Click adventure game in 2D like the very good first two parts of the Broken Sword series (The Shadow Of The Templars and The Smoking Mirror). It will feature beautiful hand drawn 2D backgrounds and 3D characters which are then pre-rendered and saved as 2D frames. Furthermore the original voice actors from the previous games are returning for the newest Broken Sword game, especially Rolf Saxon as George Stobbart and Hazel Ellerby as Nico Collard.

Revolution Software, the developers of all Broken Sword games, has been self funding the production of the latest Broken Sword game so far but in order to finish the game, they need some more funding they can't afford on their own.
Therefore Revolution Software has started a Kickstarter campaign in order to get the funding they need to finish the best Broken Sword ever created! They need $400,000 for this project and so far more than $240,000 has been donated already!

To all adventure fans out there: Please support this project with your backing! With only $15.00 you'll already receive a digital copy of the game once it's finished alongside with some nice digital goodies. Check out the Kickstarter page for more info about the rewards! There will be also a special boxed version of the game only available to Kickstarter backers!
Please, please support this project in order to make Broken Sword 5 happen! I've been waiting for a new Broken Sword game in 2D for so long and finally it is so close! smile.gif Thank you!!!

Fact sheet
Title: Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse
Genre: classic 2D Point & Click adventure
Release: Q1 2013
Language: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian (fully localized incl. speech); Russian, Polish (text only)
Platform: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS
Developer: Revolution Software
Publisher: Revolution Software
Engine: Virtual Theater 7

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

Oh my god f*ck yeah, absolutely love this series and would donate the f*cking lot if i could.

The original Shadow Of The Templars and the Smoking Mirror were quality, although the Sleeping Dragon and the Angel of Death were still pretty good they just didn't feel the same as the original 2D games. Love the fact they're going back to the 2D world and giving it a HD make over. Oh and getting the original actors back was a must as well.

Hope the project meets it's total and gets it's release.

Strength
  • Strength

Sugar Tits

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:15 PM Edited by Strength, 16 February 2013 - 07:10 PM.

About f*cking time! I started to lose hope that new sequel of this game would ever see the light of the day. But this news surprised me a lot. colgate.gif I still consider first two Broken Swords best PS1 experiences and games up to date. I am so happy to see Charles Cecil and the crew (some old Revolution S. and new designers and artists) have everything sorted out and most of all that Broken Sword is getting back to his roots, 2D. Thing that saddens me the most to hear is lack of money for the project. But with video that seeks for fans help (that looks amazing btw) and rewards that they are giving with the new game to the contributors will hopefully raise fans attention and they will receive enough money to finish the game and make it again one of a kind unique experience for us, the players. Considering me, I will for sure contribute $50 or $100 to see this game happen. Share the word people. icon14.gif

Gangxxter
  • Gangxxter

A Gangster with style

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (Strength @ Tuesday, Aug 28 2012, 14:15)
I still consider first two Broken Swords best PS1 experience and games up to date.

Absolutely! BS2 was one of my first PS1 games. My sister bought out of curiosity, she had absolutely no clue what this game is about, but the cover looked nice and the story sounded interesting biggrin.gif We played it all day long and had so much fun! Although we never came past the Gallery Glease until we got a walkthrough from the internet^^

QUOTE (Strength @ Tuesday, Aug 28 2012, 14:15)
Thing that saddens me the most to hear is lack of money for the project.

That's because they are completely self funding the project without any publisher. They've already funded half of the project with their own money, but they need some more money in order to finish the project.

More than $290,000 already, great progress so far! smile.gif Yeah, keep spreading the word!

Gareth Alan Willmer
  • Gareth Alan Willmer

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

Go to page 3 and read Tony Warriners reply on message 28 on the thread also check charles cesils as well

Broken Sword Developers Responce

There is even a reply from Charles Cescil on the thread and look at the date the thread was created.

marmoo
  • marmoo

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

Back to the old school cartoon graphics for me

As the series went on it tried to look to fancy and as a result I started to lose interest more and more

Bloody loved 1st one!

Good news to see it coming back again

Gangxxter
  • Gangxxter

A Gangster with style

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

Charles Cecil has announced that there will be stretch goals smile.gif I'm very curious how they'll look like.

http://www.kickstart...re/posts/297302

Gareth Alan Willmer
  • Gareth Alan Willmer

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:46 PM Edited by Gareth Alan Willmer, 02 September 2012 - 10:48 PM.

Just checked the total amount raised which is now at $365,781 i just hope they can get the extra $35,000 within the 19 days left, if not im sure many people will be gutted. Anyway im surprised they haven't reached $400,000 already as the franchise has millions of fans who wont be aware of this new title yet. It will also take time for this information to be posted across the countless Broken Sword Fan Forums out there and for those people to view the trailer and page who may donate in.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:24 AM

Yahoooo adventure games are the best!! I cannot wait for it to be launch!!!

Gareth Alan Willmer
  • Gareth Alan Willmer

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:27 AM Edited by Gareth Alan Willmer, 03 September 2012 - 04:18 PM.

Im surprised IGN hasn't covered this yet They are now at $367,852 lets hope they can reach 400k before the 21 days and get a bit more so they can add more extras to the game like they stated they would. If we are lucky they might do a HD collection of all of the previous games and the current one they are working on and bring out console versions like they also stated would happen in the future of there official website.

Will be fantastic to have two new Broken Sword games to play on the console which would be number 4 and 5 on the one disc as well as the previous games remade in HD.

Edit: They are now at $370,128 woot woot $29,872 left to go

Gareth Alan Willmer
  • Gareth Alan Willmer

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

They are now at $397,410 less than a few thousand dollars to go now and still have 16 days left.

I can see this going close to $500,000 as this rate cool.gif

Gareth Alan Willmer
  • Gareth Alan Willmer

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

Update: They have raised over the $400,000 target and have stated that if they make certain ammounts they will add much more stuff to the game. The extra stuff is as follows

Raise $500,000 Restore the directors cut
Raise $650,000 Exotic Locations in North Africa,Middle East
Raise $800,000 Allow Revolution To Realise There Wildest Ambitions For The Serpents Curse
Raise $1,000,000 Begin Development of Green Light Beneath A Steel Sky 2

Broken Sword 5 Stretch Goals

I really do hope they at least $650,000 as we know the game will be epic

gta_king
  • gta_king

JCM

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:08 PM Edited by gta_king, 05 September 2012 - 09:12 PM.

Really really hope they're able to get to the $1,000,000 mark actually, I adored Beneath A Steel Sky and the thought of a second one really intrigues me.

Gareth Alan Willmer
  • Gareth Alan Willmer

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:24 PM

Here are there stretch goals which i really hope they can reach because that would make it the most absolute must have Broken Sword game

Directly off there official kick starter page

user posted image

Our cutting room floor is littered with characters, puzzles, Easter eggs, art, and dialogue - we'd love to bring them back. Reaching this goal will allow us to sweep these up and enrich the game with hours of extra gameplay!

user posted image

When Charles first proposed the Serpentís Curse he devised a whole swathe of adventuring in the exotic cradle of civilisation, exploring lost ruins and uncovering long forgotten secrets. We thought this was far too ambitious, but when we reach this goal, we can take George and Nico to these thrilling locations packed with fun, danger, and monkeys! (Pick two.)

user posted image

The Broken Sword universe is full of colourful, beloved characters, and we are already bringing many of them back for the Serpent's Curse. However, we would love to do much more! If we reach this goal, we can add dastardly antagonists and bring back old favourites such as Pearl, Duane, and many more. Do you want to see the return of the infamous goat? If we reach this target, you can! Of course these characters will come with lively dialogue, intriguing puzzles, and hidden Easter eggs that we know you love. Furthermore, we will add a Directorís commentary option. Reaching this goal would allow us to stretch beyond what we thought was possible. With your support, we will be able to realise our wildest ambitions for Broken Sword: the Serpentís Curse!

user posted image

So where can we take you after fulfilling our ambition? For many years we have wanted to write a sequel to our 1994 classic adventure. If we reach this goal we will start work on this exciting, much-demanded project, and implement Easter eggs in Broken Sword: the Serpent's Curse, offering a glimpse of this futuristic dystopia.

user posted image

I really hope it will reach above $800,000 as this will also be available on consoles in the near future. If not perhaps this can be available via Downloadable Content

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:42 PM

Nice one.

Would like the total to at least get to the 800K mark as well but can't see it going that far up really. Good effort to get to 400K within 10 days was it(?)

Gangxxter
  • Gangxxter

A Gangster with style

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

I really like those stretch goals, although I hope, Pearl, Duane and the goat will return even if the funding doesn't reach $800.000

Gareth Alan Willmer
  • Gareth Alan Willmer

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:23 PM Edited by Gareth Alan Willmer, 06 September 2012 - 10:27 PM.

If more people send the link to enough people im sure this will reach $800,000 everyone deserves a high quality broken sword game and im sure no self respecting Broken Sword Fan here will argue against this. It has been to long since we last saw a decent Broken Sword game.

$441,441 pledged so far although dont get to exited yet as the pledges might slow down unless it picks up.

Like i said if i ever won the Lottery Jackpot and it was a few million id pledge $659,000 towards it just so we would get a hell of a Broken Sword game and so others could get Beneath a Steel Sky 2.

Gangxxter
  • Gangxxter

A Gangster with style

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

Good news for everybody who doesn't own a credit card: there will be an option to pledge via PayPal soon! smile.gif

http://forum.revolut...age=1#post-2968

Gareth Alan Willmer
  • Gareth Alan Willmer

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

I wonder why the pledges have slowed down do people not want a hell of a Broken Sword Game mercie_blink.gif

Gangxxter
  • Gangxxter

A Gangster with style

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

It's pretty common, that the pledges are not super high every day on Kickstarter. In fact, Broken Sword does really well with about $10,000-$15,000 per day. Yesterday it was even $18,000!
I'm pretty sure, that in the last few days there will be a massive boost in pledges, as many other Kickstarter projects have shown us.

Gareth Alan Willmer
  • Gareth Alan Willmer

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

Lets just hope the skeptics out there after reading the stretch goals have a change of heart and pledge. No one will argue against one hell of a Broken Sword game

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

Gareth Alan Willmer you're a super fan! lol.gif

Gangxxter
  • Gangxxter

A Gangster with style

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (cidamelo @ Saturday, Sep 8 2012, 18:32)

Well, it's a super game series biggrin.gif

Gareth Alan Willmer
  • Gareth Alan Willmer

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (Gangxxter @ Saturday, Sep 8 2012, 17:59)
QUOTE (cidamelo @ Saturday, Sep 8 2012, 18:32)

Well, it's a super game series biggrin.gif

Thankyou Gangxxter icon14.gif

Gangxxter
  • Gangxxter

A Gangster with style

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:33 PM

New (mini-)update! http://www.kickstart...re/posts/304555

On Tuesday a bigger update will follow! smile.gif

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:20 PM

I'm very pleased there are a lot of point and click fans in this forum alien.gif

Gangxxter
  • Gangxxter

A Gangster with style

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

Of course there are many point & click fans here^^

Everybody please tweet this at 17:00 BST (in about 10 minutes) to spread the word even more about Broken Sword 5! http://clicktotweet.com/NX65R

Gareth Alan Willmer
  • Gareth Alan Willmer

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

Getting very close to $500k. There is a surpsie announcement this Tuesday.

I can see this game coming to PS3/Xbox 360 eventually

Gangxxter
  • Gangxxter

A Gangster with style

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:07 AM

Pics of the video shooting today: http://www.flickr.co...s/10920551@N08/

Gareth Alan Willmer
  • Gareth Alan Willmer

Thug

• Members