Practice Swing crashes everytime

10 replies to this topic
RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

I have the Steam version of EFLC and have been playing TBOGT. I've done all the missions I could except Practice Swing because every time I try that mission, it crashes right after the cutscene. I don't know why or what to do.. I can't continue the story if it's doing this..can anyone help?

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Wass
  • Wass

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

I lately restarted playing tbogt from the begin,it crashes after the 2nd cutscene(when you and tony go to the golf club the meet rocco)as soon as you see luis the game crashes right?this is happennig to me and for now I didn't find any solution yet,BTW what are you Graphics settings tounge.gif ?

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (Wass @ Saturday, Aug 25 2012, 14:43)
I lately restarted playing tbogt from the begin,it crashes after the 2nd cutscene(when you and tony go to the golf club the meet rocco)as soon as you see luis the game crashes right?this is happennig to me and for now I didn't find any solution yet,BTW what are you Graphics settings tounge.gif ?

I have everything maxed out :0
And that's exactly what I'm experiencing. When you first get to the golf club meeting and you take control of Luis again, it crashes instantly. Which is really strange because I've never had this problem before..

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

Well I turned all of the settings down and I still have the same problem

Wass
  • Wass

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

Which version of EFLC you are using?

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

The latest I believe. I've got it on Steam, so I'm pretty sure it's the latest..I don't know the version number though wow.gif
And you're having the same problem right? Have you found a way around it?

Wass
  • Wass

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

Yes I'am having the same problem,I have the retail copy of EFLC,I don't know what's wrong,but I was lucky cuz I found a privious savegame with only "I luv LC" and "Practice swing" are passed tounge.gif ,try to clean your savegame directory(remember to make backup first!)

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:01 PM Edited by brootalperry, 25 August 2012 - 04:15 PM.

There are 4 files in the save game folder. I don't know which is GTA 4 and which is EFLC..
how did you get the save game file to work for you? They don't load for me D: The ones of the internet I mean.

EDIT: Ok I read in another thread I have to disable GFWL with xliveless. Which means no MP but will allow the use of downloaded saves..
Ugh..

Wass
  • Wass

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (brootalperry @ Saturday, Aug 25 2012, 17:01)
There are 4 files in the save game folder. I don't know which is GTA 4 and which is EFLC..
how did you get the save game file to work for you? They don't load for me D: The ones of the internet I mean.

EDIT: Ok I read in another thread I have to disable GFWL with xliveless. Which means no MP but will allow the use of downloaded saves..
Ugh..

no need to use xlives,if you wanna just clean you savegame directory up just delete the savegame folder in "my documents" and in the "user data",and MP is still accessible,if you don't know how to make it tell me tounge.gif

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:56 AM

Holy crap this is a really really late reply and I apologize. I just uninstalled it and really forgot about it. I've been more busy playing GTA 4 (original of course).
I have tried your suggestion and I still have the same problem. Using xlive.dll does indeed bypass whatever it is that's causing the game to freeze and crash at that mission. Maybe it has something to do with my GFWL profile?
I have no idea. I'm not sure if/when I'll reinstall EFLC to try and solve it, but I do hope that someone can help smile.gif

Oh and some updates: I've gotten an i5 760 that's a little overclocked.
I didn't mean to abandon this thread but I just got tired of the game crashing at the same place for seemingly no reason.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

Holy crap! I guess it was just a mod or something that conflicted with the files. I reinstalled the game today, but before I did I went through the registry and deleted any eflc related stuff still in there. I played the game with no mods installed and the game didn't crash. Well, problem solved I guess. I'll just mod the game after I complete the story =)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users