GTAForums Weekly

243 replies to this topic
GreatGig
  • GreatGig

Stinkfist.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Sunday, Oct 14 2012, 09:19)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Sunday, Oct 14 2012, 17:48)
Didn't you forget to mention in the V section how next month there is a 10 page exclusive in Game Informer?

I wrote the report before anything had been confirmed.

Not to sound like "that guy" but it's been confirmed for over two days. Surely, in that time, you could have written something about it?

It's definitely sad to see the Quotable Notables topic get shut down but I think Girish did the right thing. The guy had warned people many times prior to the lock and no one listened.

Anyway, good stuff, fellas icon14.gif

Greenline
  • Greenline

Page 3 Girl

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

f*ck, I completely forgot.

Well, good job to the rest.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

This was very cool!! Unfortunately I couldn't read all the issue, because I don't have much time, but I'll read all of it when I have some free time!! alien.gif

Dealux
  • Dealux

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (Robinski @ Sunday, Oct 14 2012, 12:28)
AMF seems quite drama heavy, either that or the "articles" are quite sensationalised. Either way, my real point is if it's happening in private forums and having no effect on anyone outside said forum, why is it any of our business?

I agree. I personally don't even read those.

Keep it up. icon14.gif

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

DYOM Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:06 AM Edited by shiva s, 21 October 2012 - 11:27 AM.

user posted image

Welcome to another sizzling issue of GTAForums Weekly, now sponsored by Multiplay Monitor!

We are excited to be associated with the best Newsletter Organisation serving our forums.

We are fired up by all your feedbacks for the previous 8 issues, though they are not many, we'd add that heart to new issues every week.

As for the forum news, people are getting ready for the exclusive December's Game Informer Cover Story which is about GTA V. People are quite excited about this!

Will we get some fresh new info? Let's find out! Anyway, we're back once again with an issue to beat the hell out of you. Have fun!

user posted image

user posted image

Hey all, welcome to another edition of GTAF Weekly! Here's some news from around the forums to start off with:

OFS's 6th Version just went over 300 pages in the last week or so, leaving only around 120 pages left.

Ever seen an ugly car? Or an amazing pretty one? Well, fugly cars by Piperka and fcken gorgeous cars by Garfield 2, respectively, are the topics for you. Make sure to provide a picture and a name, you wouldn't want to make people go around googling what car you're going on about, would you now?

The Have a Question Topic (linked in issue #2), is where people in Gen. Chat collect to ask and answer question about anything from life, to other members and even games. As you can see, there is no limit to what can be asked, but there is a more appropriate place for tech-related questions, Random Questions, also enjoying its V2 like Have a Question, is a place to go ahead and ask computer and technology related questions from people who are both experts or just interested in those fields.

One of the beautiful things about GTAF is just that people with all kinds of backgrounds collect and are free to share their experience with other members, from people who can help you with medical problems to language prodigies and much more. That's why I've decided to talk about 3 members who've never let GTAF down by sharing their knowledge, and helping others along the way, both directly and indirectly. (Note: Not being included in this list does not imply that you are not beneficial to the community in any way, this list is just my personal way of saying 'thank you' to the members most GTAFW readers know and have probably benefited from):

K^2: An amazing guy who seems willing to share his knowledge with GTAF, he has a vast amount of knowledge when it comes to things ranging from aviation to politics all the way to electricity, technology, medicine and much more.

Sivispacem: Possibly the first name that comes to mind when most hear 'Debates and Discussion'. As D&D's led-by he has done an amazing job making sure that a section like D&D which needs such high standards to effectively function runs smoothly. His political expertise seems unlimited, and so does his ability to make Fallout mods.

trip: A man with much experience in life, it's always a lot of fun reading his stories and his comments and advice regarding things.

Of course, a big thank you to the staff for their often unnoticed work keeping the forums clean and enjoyable for us all.

Thank you for reading, and have fun reading the other sections of this newsletter.

user posted image

Good news everyone! The December issue of Game Informer magazine will be covering Grand Theft Auto V! GTA V Subforum leader Adrian created the December Game Informer thread to keep all the arguing in one place. According to Adriaan himself if the issue follows the magazine's usual pattern it will be released within the first two weeks of November. This means we are most likely getting new information in a couple weeks! Subforum regulars are super excited about this as can be told by hellobeatle's post in the thread:
QUOTE (hellobeatle)
whatever

The enthusiasm is astounding.

Now that I've gotten the great news out of the way, I would like to focus on three other big topics that have come up over the last week or so.

The first big recent thread is the What Would You Like to See in GTA V Crews? thread created by subforum led-by Ryan and was interestingly put in the Official News section. In the original post Ryan quoted Rockstar's statement from a Newswire article asking the fans what they want from the crews and how it can be designed. Acetaminophen'was the first person in the thread to actually suggest something. He thinks that there should be 'crew safehouses' where members of a crew can just chill out and have fun. He think that there should also be the possibility of other crews attacking your safehouse and you having to defend it. The thread is still highly active and rolling in suggestions as of the time of writing.

The second thread I'd like to discuss is the Zombie Mode thread created Starz. There are numerous threads regarding Zombie modes or DLC's that are made every few days but are almost instantaneously abandoned and drop to the dreaded page 2, but this thread seems to have taken off. In the first post, Starz, as most people do, ask GTAForums how they think a Zombie mode in GTA V could work and what can be done to get it in the game. The response seemed to be very negative, with most people ordering the OP to go and buy a Call of Duty game if he wants zombies (this doesn't make much sense as the OP wants zombies in GTA). OP seemed to have abandoned the thread after seeing all the hatred but the thread still is getting bumped to the top of the subforum topic list.

The third and final thread I want to bring up is the How Will R* Kick Off Their Marketing thread created by Grand_Theft_Coupe. Most people are suggesting that Rockstar Games will start marketing for their next big title after the GTA V GI Cover is released and more light is shed on the situation regarding how much they've finished creating the game, and this is even supported by subforum leader Knife, who is sometimes believed to be a Rockstar insider by some subforum regulars. Adriaan is also "confident" that Trailer number 2 will be released before the GI Cover is officially released.

Let's hope so...

user posted image

Welcome to Rockstar central,this week I have a question for you;
-Should Rockstar's Sam & Dan Houser be Knighted by the Queen?,What do you say?.
In the next story*, writer Owain Bennallack speculates whether Rockstar founders and Sam and Dan Houser might someday be knighted.
While the Housers are pariahs to some for the GTA series' edgy content, their cultural and economic impact is undeniable. It certainly wouldn't be the first time that the passing of the years transformed British bad boys into royal honorees.
Knights of the Sandbox City*,thanks Develop

-The "GTA Rothbury" case. We are “grown men who sit around all day playing computer games with one another.” said the Daily Star.
On summer 2010 the UK’s Daily Star fabricated a story claiming that the next entry in Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto series would be based on the July 2010 crime spree committed by ex-con Raoul Moat (pictured)across the NorthEast section of the UK and that the game would be named GTA Rothbury.
While the paper later apologized for the incident, and the piece’s author insulted gamers, the paper was ordered to pay undisclosed damages to Rockstar and Take Two Interactive. According to the Guardian, Rockstar accepted “substantial” libel damages as awarded by a High Court.
Rockstar’s Solicitor, Melanie Hart, stated, “The defendant now accepts that Rockstar Games never had any intention to create such a video game at any time. The story was entirely false.”

MCVUK still has a screenshot of the original Daily Star article available on its website. You can find more info in CVG.

-Lazlow Jones; "Our games are not designed for young people. If you're a parent and buy one of our games for your child you're a terrible parent."

Lazlow said this in a BBC interview when he was asked “How do you feel about accusations that games such as yours are responsible for more violence among young people?”
"We design games for adults because we're adults. There's a lot of kids games out there that we're not interested in playing. Just like you enjoy watching movies and TV shows with adult themes and language and violence that's the kind of thing we seek to produce."

How did you get into the gaming industry and where did it happen?
“I got into the video game industry by slacking off, I met one of the founders of Rockstar games on the beach whilst surfing and we started doing some fake radio shows and fake DJ banter for GTA III. The game did quite well so we went on to work on other games too.”
Jones was also asked if he thought the videogame industry has become “too politically correct.” He answered, “I think that Rockstar has pushed a lot of boundaries to be able to make the art that that we believe we should be able to make.”
He continued, “If you tell a gritty crime drama with violence and profanity and call it The Sopranos you're handed a load of awards to put up on the shelf. You do the same and call it a video game and you'll have certain organisations up in arms.”
Complete BBC interview here.

-“We’ve done sex. Simulated, of course.” Meet Rockstar's Motion Capture Studio.
The Long Island Business News has a feature on Perspectives Studio of Glen Cove, New York.
Described as "the largest 'motion capture' studio on the East Coast," Perspectives did the mocaps for Grand Theft Auto IV. LINK HERE

See ya next week ,hopefully with more GTA V news. A man can dream.

by bud23

user posted image

This is Arsen Vitiuk here, bringing interesting stories from interesting people to interesting readers in an interesting way!

This week, in commemoration of GTA III's 11th Anniversary, I decided to tell my own story to entertain you, dear readers. So fall in and listen.

It all started in March 2008 - my friend gave me a disc with GTA San Andreas. When I played the game for the first time, I couldn't really understand anything, it was very hard to play back then. I even didn't get past the 'Cleaning the Hood' mission. I repeated it in Autumn 2008 - yet then I got stuck on 'Cesar Vialpando' mission. So I abandoned it, again. I came back to it on April 16 2009 - and that was the day when I accidentally found out how to control the hydraulics. And since then, I was in...

Later on, in October 2009, I accidentally came across GTA Vice City - apparently, my physics teacher was playing it. So I nicked the game and brought it home, to my PC. That was an awesome feeling - I really loved Vice City for the atmosphere. However, I abandoned playing it until April 2010 - and that was the first time when I finally finished it.

But this only was an introduction to the Big Deal - because in May 2010 I bought a game which made me fall in love with GTA overall - GTA III! The gritty atmosphere, the dark industrial city, the soundtrack, the sound effects which other GTAs lacked made me instantly love the game. And with each time I played it I loved it more and more. I realised that Liberty City is my second home, I felt myself a part of this game, felt I belong there - in this dark rainy city filled with crime at its heart. And each time I played, I felt as if I returned home... And you know... That feeling... Home sweet home.

And so it happened that in May 2010 I also purchased GTA Liberty Stories & GTA Vice City Stories for my trusty PS2 - and back then I really liked VCS but I couldn't stand LCS - simply because I was still under strong impression after trying out GTA III.

But that wasn't all. I also got GTA IV and GTA: The Lost And Damned in May 2010. Both games struck me with awesome realism, but at the same I felt that the IV's Liberty City lacked something - something III's LC had. That atmosphere, that vibe, that... Magical feel. Back then, I put those two games aside and never played them again. Even in 2012, when I got back to GTA IV, I could not bear it anymore than several missions - and I put it aside once again.

Now, while one would think that this is the end of the story, I can assure you that this is only the beginning.

To conclude the collection, in December 2010 I came across GTA2, and decided to try it. I abandoned it for quite some time, and returned back to it in April 2011. I really loved that game, really I did - because this game had connection to GTA III. And even if Claude from GTA2 is not Claude from GTA III, there is still Zaibatsu on the scene.
The only thing I regret about this game is abandoning it - and I stopped playing it when I already got past the Downtown district and on to the Residential District. It was June 2011 when another game turned my attention to itself. So I left GTA2 there, waiting for me to come back one day and finish it. And I hope I will.

In June 2011 I got my hands on the PS2 version of GTA San Andreas - and I loved it more than the PC version - because PC version lacked that color depth and visual effects the PS2 version could provide.

In July 2011 I replayed GTA Liberty City Stories - and now, having already passed the blunt after GTA III, I really liked that game - to tell more, it's now one of my most favorite GTA's! I so much loved to see the infamous Liberty City in a new perspective! And there's something I realised: Even LCS has a tad of that magical feel GTA IV's LC lacks! That's when I finally stuck to the III era, and Liberty City in particular, becoming the fan.

To conclude everything, in April 2012 I got myself a PS2 version of GTA III and GTA Vice City. And I loved the PS2 version of GTA III - those audio effects, visual effects, color depth, the O Mio Babbino Caro track - it all added up to those 'holes' the PC version had left. To add, I found PS2 controls easier for myself than the Keyboard/Mouse, so now I play GTAs on PC only with a USB controller - it is harder for me otherwise!

So, as of now, I own a full collection of GTA III era games on PS2 and PC, and I love it. The only game lacking from the III era set is GTA Advance - but I don't have a GameBoy to be able to play it. So... This one naturally falls out. Well, at least for now. Who knows, maybe in the meantime I'll somehow get my hands on GameBoy and GTA Advance? Only time will tell.

Thanks for taking you time to read my story! If you have any questions you'll want to ask me, don't hesitate and send me a Personal Message!

user posted image
Welcome to the interview section, folks. This week we decided to interview Miamivicecity who celebrated his 5th year anniversary last week. Let's hear his shout

Shiva: How did you come to know about GTAF before you joined?

MVC: Funnily enough I stumbled on to GTAF by chance. Before I joined I was a member of another GTA forum, but yeah I was looking at other GTA forums in Google and came across this one. One of the best decisions I've ever made."

Shiva: Yes, it is. You must've stopped visiting that previous forums, you were in after signing up here, right?

MVC: I only went back a few times. This is the only GTA forum I post at now"

Shiva: 5 Years in GTAF, that's really a huge milestone, mate. Do you miss any of your old buddies in GTAF?

MVC: A lot of my good friends still post here and although I didn't know him all that well I miss GTAFreak-2001. The news of his death rocked me being a fellow Aussie myself. I only spoke to him a few times and even then I could tell he was a nice guy who I'm sure we all miss dearly."

Shiva: Yeah, he's greately missed by many people here.

Can I know your favourite member in GTAF?

MVC: Hard question indeed because I like so many people here, but if I had to pick just one it would be Linki. He's a really great guy and a huge GTA IV fan like myself."

Shiva: Haha.. I know, you're a huge fan of GTA IV. Why do you like it so much?

MVC: I just like the city and Niko. I don't know, but I think it's a bit underappreciated."

Shiva: Are you worried about the lack of GTA V info?

MVC: To be honest not really. I mean it'll come in time. While the wait has been long it's not something I starve myself over."

Shiva: So, how do you feel being a moderator of V forums?

MVC: It's like working at an insane asylum lol, but seriously it comes with its benefits. I was kind of surprised when I was contacted to be a GTA V led by to be completely honest. I never thought I'd ever be given such a crucial role here at GTAF.

One thing I enjoy though is helping people out with any issues they have. I like to be as helpful as I can and I hope I've been helpful to everyone in my relatively short time being a GTA V led by."

Shiva: Yeah, moderating a forums which is active for 24/7 has never been easy. What was your first move after becoming a moderator of V forums?

MVC: I locked some random thread hahaha. Never having much mod experience I was thrown into the deep end so to speak".

Shiva: As a forum moderator of V forums, do you prefer the option of banning members?

MVC: Hmmm I think it would definitely make the job easier. It's very frustrating when someone spams the forum and I can't do anything until a global mod/admin comes on. Even if we could just temp ban it would be less of a headache.

Shiva: Did you serve in any groups/clans before joining Zaibastu?

MVC: It's funny you should say that because mid last year I had a short stint with the Leone Family Mafia, but left under my own free will as I wasn't very active. I must be one of the few people on GTAF to serve in more than one gang.

Shiva: Cool. Are you a regular in any other subforums besides v section?

MVC: I usually post in all of the GTA sub forums and off topic.

Shiva: Your opinions about GTAF Weekly?

MVC: It seems very well put together. I haven't had much of a chance to read all of the articles myself, but you guys are doing a fantastic job.

Shiva: Thanks. Any suggestions?

MVC: Suggestions? Can't think of anything for now. Like I said you guys are doing a fantastic job.

Shiva: Thanks once again. Your plans for the future in GTAF?

MVC: I'd like to get to 20,000 posts and I wouldn't mind being a global mod some day. Other than that I'm quite content with my current GTAF status.

Shiva: Thanks a lot, MVC. Cheers!

user posted image

[IV/EFLC] Countryside Mountains V

Author: stilldre | Category: Map

This is a new map mod for GTA IV/EFLC. The beautiful mountains and river from GTA V trailer was the main source of inspiration for the author to create this mod.

This mod will be featuring 3DS Max edited terrains, big & small rocks over whole terrain, a dam on the river, big cave with lake inside. Some of the external features for internal beta are military airfield, Towns, Villages, Variable vegetations, traffic, HUD Map, Lod's Distant Light, edited water and EASTER EGGS!

The estimated release date of this mod is around the end of October so don't forget to check this out.

user posted image

Happy Birthday GTA! 15 years of smoking tires!

While people were busy posting in V section, this topic sprung out of nowhere in GTA Series Chat. As the title says, Grand Theft Auto 1 is now 15 years old. This topic deserves a place here as Grand Theft Auto 1 was the first ever installment in the Grand Theft Auto Series. According to wikipedia, the game was originally intended to be named "Race N Chase" and was nearly cancelled due to production issues. So, if you still love playing games in top down view, drop in by this topic!

GTAV is December's Game Informer Cover Story

Adriaan finally put some smile in the face of people who were dying out of lack of GTA V info by this topic. As mentioned earlier in this issue, people are quite excited about this! Though some pages of this topic were spammy, the spammed members were banned and the peace is back in the thread!

And, that's it, readers! the 9th issue has come to an end. We hope you had fun reading the issue. Next issue is shaping up even much better so don't forget to check it out.

See you all next time until then peace!

For advertising contact the staff

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (shiva s @ Sunday, Oct 21 2012, 10:06)
According to Adriaan himself if the issue follows the magazine's usual pattern it will be released within the first two weeks of November. This means we are most likely getting new information in a couple weeks!

It's correct that the magazine will be released within the first two weeks of November if Game Informer follows the usual pattern but I want to point out that the digital version of the GI cover will be released on the day of the reveal. If Game Informer follows the usual pattern then the reveal is in the first Thursday of each month which would be in this case November 1st. But then again GI isn't sure if they can keep the usual pattern since they claimed that they have to "move the pieces". I just wanted to say that the digital version will be released on the day of the reveal so a couple weeks sooner than the printed magazine.

Well, I enjoyed the read as always. Keep up the good work!
cookie.gif

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

Awesome read indeed and great work on these aswell. icon14.gif

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

That's why I've decided to talk about 3 members who've never let GTAF down by sharing their knowledge, and helping others along the way, both directly and indirectly. (Note: Not being included in this list does not imply that you are not beneficial to the community in any way, this list is just my personal way of saying 'thank you' to the members most GTAFW readers know and have probably benefited from)

I don't want it to look like i'm kissing his arse, but you should've included Robinski, another time maybe? I read the note inbetween brackets btw, Good choices btw, great members.

Loved that interview with Miamivicecity, as usual, by far my favourite section in the newsletter, keep up the good work. icon14.gif

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

Thanks for the interview mate. I enjoyed answering your questions. icon14.gif

ZoomZoom
  • ZoomZoom

Banned on request

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

Read it all and BTW did you guys add MoSA's topic in he gaming chat section?

Ryan
  • Ryan

Retired

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (shiva s @ Sunday, Oct 21 2012, 07:06)
The first big recent thread is the What Would You Like to See in GTA V Crews? thread created by subforum led-by Ryan and was interestingly put in the Official News section.

Why is that so interesting? It is official news from Rockstar. Where else do you want me to post it? sarcasm.gif

Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (Ryan @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 05:49)
The first big recent thread is the What Would You Like to See in GTA V Crews? thread created by subforum led-by Ryan and was interestingly put in the Official News section.

Why is that so interesting? It is official news from Rockstar. Where else do you want me to post it? sarcasm.gif

I wrote that (Shiva I think you need to remember to put the credit at the end of each section so people know who wrote it wink.gif ). Although it was official information it just seemed weird to me that you were asking what could be done with the gangs rather than stating that Rockstar asked

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnson's Brother Brian)
QUOTE (shiva s @ Sunday @  Oct 21 2012, 10:06)
According to Adriaan himself if the issue follows the magazine's usual pattern it will be released within the first two weeks of November. This means we are most likely getting new information in a couple weeks!
It's correct that the magazine will be released within the first two weeks of November if Game Informer follows the usual pattern but I want to point out that the digital version of the GI cover will be released on the day of the reveal. If Game Informer follows the usual pattern then the reveal is in the first Thursday of each month which would be in this case November 1st. But then again GI isn't sure if they can keep the usual pattern since they claimed that they have to "move the pieces". I just wanted to say that the digital version will be released on the day of the reveal so a couple weeks sooner than the printed magazine.

Good job picking up on that. icon14.gif

Loved Arsen's section as usual. I'm honoured to be featuring in that section being interviewed next week. smile.gif

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012
    Topic of the Year 2011 "GTA V Screenshot Fun"

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Sunday, Oct 21 2012, 21:22)
Shiva I think you need to remember to put the credit at the end of each section so people know who wrote it. wink.gif

But then how can he take credit for other people's work?

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (Ryan @ Sunday, Oct 21 2012, 14:49)

Well some people actually don't come to these forums often and may not be aware of what's been happening, so obviously posting the busiest thread on the forum seems like a good idea?

And correct me if I'm wrong, but do you all have some sort of beef with each other, lol?

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:36 AM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 13:21)
QUOTE (Ryan @ Sunday, Oct 21 2012, 14:49)

Well some people actually don't come to these forums often and may not be aware of what's been happening, so obviously posting the busiest thread on the forum seems like a good idea?

It Easily gets lost in the V section, and people that are new here can easily navigate to official news and have it displayed pretty obviously, if they are too stupid to find the link right underneath the GTA V link, well that's their loss.

I don't see why the f*ck it really matters anyway, i honestly don't think anyone cares where a topic ends up, trivial bullsh*t like that is just a waste of space IMO.

"Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:50 AM

Thank You for another good article. I look forward to seeing many more. icon14.gif

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:29 AM

I've been reading through this and I think it's excellent. Keep up the good work, and if you need any extra hands feel free to ask - I support this 100%.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

🇯🇲 🇬🇭 🇯🇲

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Most Valuable Player 2014
    Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:58 AM

Hm a bit shorted then usual, but still great as always, keep it up team! icon14.gif

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Sunday, Oct 21 2012, 12:57)
That's why I've decided to talk about 3 members who've never let GTAF down by sharing their knowledge, and helping others along the way, both directly and indirectly. (Note: Not being included in this list does not imply that you are not beneficial to the community in any way, this list is just my personal way of saying 'thank you' to the members most GTAFW readers know and have probably benefited from)

I don't want it to look like i'm kissing his arse, but you should've included Robinski, another time maybe?

My contributions to the forum have already been covered, in my own words, in that Ask A Member thing in an earlier edition:
Robinski: My Biggest contribution to the forums? I guess, I'd have to say my terrible, pseudo-intellectual opinions and my ill thought out, reactionary and "politically correct" diatribes scribbled out in response to peoples' disproportionately throwaway comments.

Thanks though.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

I Just noticed that the Signature and Banner if you look closely has an extra sub-forum! Something with the Staff Just Saying.

Good Issue!

Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

Okay Shiva where is the issue??? It's over 24 hours past its normal publishing time. smile.gif

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

Congratz lzw3 you have made the 200th post in this topic! biggrin.gif cookie.gif lol.gif

Yeah where is the Issue? blush.gif

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

DYOM Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

It's almost ready but there's still some things that needs to be done so the issue will be out before this weekend. It won't be affecting this week's issue.

Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

Just dropping in to let people know in advance that this week's GTA V Report will be outdated by 1 week. Information regarding certain leaks and Rockstar's statement will be published the following week. smile.gif

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

Please add me to the mailing list, I miss getting the GTAF Newsletter.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

DYOM Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Thursday, Nov 1 2012, 08:16)
Please add me to the mailing list, I miss getting the GTAF Newsletter.

Added.
I'm sorry about the delay. The issue will be out later today.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

DYOM Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

user posted image

Hello and welcome to the 10th issue of GTAF Weekly. Issue 10 already? Well, it's good to hear that GTAF Weekly lasted this long despite the grammatical errors and bugs in every issues. We here at GTAF Weekly would like to thank you for supporting us and remind you that if you have something going on in your head or just want to throw in an advert, just PM shiva s and we'll try to fit it in.

As for the forum news, the Quotable Notables topic was finally unlocked by Girish as per the request of deephroatgta6. The DYOM TV Broadcast has been started in DYOM: Support forums by Thaboy and some of his fellow DYOM users. It received a warm welcome from Global moderators Dutch3010 and PatrickW.

Be sure to check out the other sections for more forum news. Hope you'll have fun reading the issue!

user posted image

user posted image

The topic was eerily quite as I stepped in, I was scared and nervous, my heart was beating like a clockwork. Fear held me back from hitting this user posted image button.

"Now, seeing as half a decade is significant in any of our lifetimes, I've organised a little game for us to play. None of that usual fanfare for a milestone like a respect list or "my journey" on GTA. Just a simple game to test your luck." Robinski said in the main post.

The 20 year old LFM'er who celebrated his 6,000 posts milestone and 5 year anniversary in GTAF last week, organised a little game for all the GTAForumers. A game which will judge your ultimate destination in the forums, the ban roulette. The game will last until friday and by

the end of the day one luck member who've posted in the topic will be permanently banned.

People didn't actually care about getting banned as the topic lasted till the 3rd page will all the "Congratulations" posts. During the process, Robinski revealed a pic of himself wearing a red chonglers which later turned out as a delightful sight.

The result finally came out on the end of friday which dropped a bombshell in the topic because the one who got banned was Robinski himself. This shook so many and also served as a major twist in the plot.

QUOTE (TheGreatGig23)
Wow...I was not expecting that. Probably one of my favourite plot twists since Shutter Island.

This was the last post originated from him:

Got just one more for you guys:

The Assassination of Jesse James by
the Coward Robert Ford
2007)

user posted image

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford's title itself is a good representation of the film. It's long and it's wordy but its apparent clarity is not all that it seems. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford does not necessarily do what it says on the tin. Yes, Jesse James is killed, and yes it's Robert Ford who does it, but who is the real coward, or if there's only one coward, isn't so clear cut.

The Assassination of Jesse James tells the story of Robert Ford (Casey Affleck) and some of his friends and family as they meet and work with the infamous Jesse James (Brad Pitt), who had been a childhood hero of Ford's. As James enters the end game of his criminal enterprises he becomes increasingly paranoid, sometimes justifiably and sometimes less so, that his former gang members are out to turn him in dead or alive for the hefty bounty that has been placed on his head.

Jesse himself is a character that Pitt was born to play. He is charismatic and conveys a sense of insight and authority among those around him, but it's offset by a psychotic and dangerous sense of spite and mistrust. Pitt, alongside Affleck, does a phenomenal job of confusing viewers about who the real hero of the story is. His charm and presence, not to mention the derision of his dispatcher in the title, make James pretty likeable despite his nefarious deeds. But as the plot progresses the cruel streak in him, presumably the same one that lead him down his path, becomes apparent and the outlaw becomes truly scary. He becomes one of those people that you just can't get a read on: is he joking or is he serious? It can be a very important decision to make, especially when he's roaring out the same unhinged and over the top laugh that Pitt's Tyler Durden of Fight Club let's out after having his face caved in by a bar owner.

Dancing opposite Pitt's James in the waltz around who's going to pull the trigger first is Casey Affleck's production of Robert Ford. Affleck is as effective in giving us the wide eyed wonder of a kid who finally meets his hero and jumps to carry his gear as he in being the pensive and weary man not sure how to move forward with his life. Ford is scared and uneasy in 90% of the film, and Affleck sells it. Some of the motivations of his character, particularly around the middle of the film, are a bit murky as to why he has his change of heart so suddenly, but it's carried off in a way that's believable through the character even if not necessarily through the plot. The pair bounce off each other with great aplomb, they both knew exactly how each character would play out their side of any conversation and did it wonderfully. There was some sort of connection betweent he two where they just got it.

The film is definitely a slog though. Checking in at 2h40m, I think it's a lot like a long workout: it's going to take a while, you might lose interest during some of the lulls and it's probably a little tiring, but its worth seeing through to the end. The rapid decline of Jesse and the numerous evolutions of Ford (especially those after he does the deed) require a long running time. Despite its setting and title character, this isn't 90 minutes of bank jobs and horse chases with gunslingers. This is much more about Jesse James and Robert Ford the men, than Jesse James the outlaw

Banner: Graven

user posted image

Hello and welcome to another section of the GTAF Weekly newsletter. Time for some GTAF news to start us off with:

Something I felt that needed a feature here, although we have dedicated sections for Gen. Chat news was Robinski's Russian Roulette Milestone Topic reminiscent of Mark's milestone posted on the forum before my time.

Cheesy Borat jokes, political dissent and all that pretty stuff happening over at the I go to America topic, as we near the day I go to America. Stay tuned, I suppose.

Out of Gen. Chat, and into Sivispacem's territory, D&D, we find the Should marijuana be legalized (Brits and their filthy spelling [was that American enough?]) topic seems pretty dominant as it's been at the top of the D&D main page for a few weeks now, always ripe with some nice debate. Maybe you should join in?

Chapter 4 of Part 3, Mokrie Dela's award winning series has reached the 4th Chapter of its 3rd part, slowly reaching it's end and leaving another masterpiece on GTAForums to be enjoyed by those who have the pleasure reading it.

I hope you enjoyed reading this little section, and have fun reading the other sections of the newsletter.

By: Greenline

user posted image

More good news! Rockstar Games have released the first official GTA V artwork! This is the kind of artwork that could be featured in places such as the loading screen and game cover. The artwork, which is linked to in this paragraph, shows two men exiting the back of a Bugstar's Van, implied to be the same vehicle and same scene shown in the trailer. It appears that the men are robbing a store called Anna Rex. The men are also holding AK47s with suppressors, expanding on the thought that weapons will be customisable to a certain degree. Some people have also brought up the striking similarity between the place in the artwork and the area of Los Santos in GTA San Andreas called Rodeo. Both are very high-end areas with luxurious clothing and jewelery stores aplenty. Below Rockstar's release of the artwork they also stated:
QUOTE (Rockstar Games)
Lots of info coming next month. Get ready.

People are psyched at the thought of new information, possibly even a second trailer, being released n November. In the words of Rockstar: Get ready.

Now that that is done and dusted I'm going to talk about two threads that have been created within the last few days that have been fairly popular inside the GTA V subforum.

A couple days ago philley made a thread to discuss what will be the lead platform from the release of GTA V. The thread was practically asking for a console war, but users were generally quite calm and collected during their discussion. Of course there was the occasional Xbox 360 and PS3 fanboys but they were usually just ignored and shunned away. Freezer39 was the first person in the thread to bring up the idea that there will be no lead platform, that PS3, Xbox 360 and even PC versions will be made 'parallel' to each other and none will be prioritised or have special features. This was generally regarded as the most popular opinion in the thread with many users posting the casual 'This' in response.

Second and last thread for this week is the GTA V Interconnected with GTA IV Poll made by intent100. The options in the poll were Yes and No, so it is surprising that Adriaan didn't lock the thread, as he usually has a strict policy regarding yes/no polls. The results came in (as of time of writing) at 154 people voting Yes while 78 people (including myself, lzw3) voted No. It seemed that the main reason people wanted it to be in the same era as GTA IV is the amazing characters from that game and its DLC's. There was a huge amount of support for the return of the ever-hilarious Roman and his bowling, some people wouldn't even mind having him as a returning friend.

That's all for this week's GTA V Report. Roughly a week from today will be November. No one can wait for GTA V news then. Out.

By: lzw3

user posted image

()"This game is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S." .In August 2005, two months before Bully's launch, many groups, including outspoken Florida anti-game lawyer Jack Thompson and youth group Peaceoholics, protested of Bully's violence ("That is not the message that should be sent out.") at Rockstar NYC headquarter in Manhattan claiming for the cancellation of the game,of course their motto was; "This game is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S.".
The video is quite funny, I think you should watch it right now. LINK, more info on Gamespot.

() The state of midnight club; Is the Midnight Club Series over.

That's a very severe assertion but what we know right now points to a poor state of the Midnight Club franchise. In early 2010,Joystiq spoke about "Rockstar San Diego not working on more Midnight Club games, future games in jeopardy ",alluding to "trusted sources at Rockstar San Diego".A source from Gamespotalso claimed that Rockstar dismantled-ed the San Diego studio's Midnight Club team,"the profitable and very functional Midnight Club team was ripped apart, their technology thrown away (after Midnight Club Los Angeles), and everyone who wasn't fired or quit was shoved onto a project that has been struggling for well over 4 years?"

We will see, but the current situation not sound well for the franchise fans.

() From Productive Writer To Cocaine Addict, Just Add Grand Theft Auto/Videogames.

"Once upon a time I wrote in the morning, jogged in the late afternoon and spent most of my evenings reading. Once upon a time I wrote off as unproductive those days in which I had managed to put down "only" a thousand words. Once upon a time I played video games almost exclusively with friends. Once upon a time I did occasionally binge on games, but these binges rarely had less than a fortnight between them. Once upon a time I was, more or less, content."

"(the same person,Tom Bissell,a few years after)Soon I began to wonder why the only thing I seemed to like to do while on cocaine was play video games. And soon I realised what video games have in common with cocaine: video games, you see, have no edge. You have to appreciate them. They do not come to you{.....]Niko was not my friend, but I felt for him, deeply. He was clearly having a hard go of it and did not always understand why. He was in a new place that did not make a lot of sense. He was trying, he was doing his best, but he was falling into habits and ways of being that did not reflect his best self. By the end of his long journey, Niko and I had been through a lot together."

I read this awful story two years ago and I´m scared yet. This article is on the video games addiction, and how it can hurt your life. I think some people could extract a reading from here.
Thanks,The Guardian

() I want my points for rape; The rape that was not.

In 2008,right after GTA IV´s launch,Connecticut Senator Gayle Slossberg told The New Haven Advocate that the rape scene in Grand Theft Auto IV, where you earn "points for rape," is so alarming that she'd like to see a law passed that features better warning labels.

Of course, the Milford state senator's never played GTA, but she fears it's corrupting the youth and thinks a law requiring better warning labels might be the fix; "I mean what would it say? 'This game will make you a sociopath'?". I say, Fool. From kotaku.

By: bud23

[/SIZE][/font][/center]

user posted image

Welcome to the interview section, folks. This week we decided to interview Kirsty. Enjoy!

Shiva: Hello, Kirsty. Thanks for agreeing to the interview.

Kirsty: You're welcome, thanks for asking.

Shiva: Before we could proceed with our interview, can you tell me the reason why GTAF Minecraft Server got removed?

Kirsty: It didn't get removed, we're still up and running. We just decided to hide the sub-forum since it wasn't getting used as much as it should. We operate out of a topic in gaming chat now where anyone is welcome to join.

Shiva: Well, how's the activity in server?

Kirsty: It's not too bad, we go through phases where it's quiet, and then busy again and so on. We've got a good group of regulars though who are all really cool.

Shiva: Are you guys planning to host any events in the server?

Kirsty: Not sure at the moment, we're waiting to update the server to the new Minecraft version first. That usually helps bring activity to the server since new features are added.

Shiva: How did you come to know about GTAForums before you joined?

Kirsty: I joined in 2008 after searching for GTA IV guides. After that I forgot about it for a few years, then I came across them again when I was looking for V information.

Shiva: Cool. So, how's GTAF going on for you?

Kirsty: What's not to love about GTAF? I enjoy visiting here, probably every day since I joined (obsessed much?) but I don't post all that often in the general areas, I'm more of a lurker.

Shiva: Hehe.. Did you serve in any gangs/groups before joining AMF?

Kirsty: AMF is the only 'official' gang I've been in. I was in some multiplayer groups in the gangs section before that though. The AMF multiplayer gang will probably be a lot more active once GTA V is released. Sometimes I play alongside people in the GTAF Social Club Crew as well.

Shiva: Are you worried about the lack of GTA V info?

Kirsty: Not at all. I think after the year of silence we've had, Rockstar is already starting to give us more information. The upcoming Game Informer issue is going give us lots to chew on, and I'm sure a second trailer is bound to come soon.

Shiva: Rockstar has promised to release more info next moth. Are you excited about it?

Kirsty: Definitely! I can't wait to read the GI issue, and I bet there's more than that to come like a trailer and more artwork. The months up to release are going to be very exciting.

Shiva: Can I know your favourite member in GTAForums?

Kirsty: Oh I'm going to be boring and say I don't have favourites, there's a lot of decent members around the forums, they know who they are!

Shiva: Your opinions about GTAF Weekly?

Kirsty: Yeah I like it, it's a good read. All the guys that work on it certainly do a good job on getting it all ready to release every week. I hope you can all keep up the good work and carry it on smile.gif

Shiva: Thanks. You got any suggestions?

Kirsty: I don't think so... You seem to have a good team proofreading and adding more content, so keep up the good work I guess!

user posted image

[VC|WIP] Vice Beta Collection

Author: ALMOST610 | Category: Map

Here's another sweet mod which was chosen as the mod of the week by bammargera. Although, the title says "Beta", this mod is not a total beta conversion of the original game as it aims to beat recreate only a few elements of the game. You don't have to wait for the whole project to be finished as every certain aspect of the mod will be released as soon as it is finished. You are kindly requested by the author not to inquire about the release date as people involved in this have real life commitments too.

The first stage of the mod involves the completion of Escobar International Airport, Vehicles, Trailer 3 vehicles, SCMs, Radar Alignment, Blista Compact. You can track the progress here in this topic. The Stage 2 involves the conversion of beta weapons and addition of new elements. The team involves ALMOST610, ITBTD and TripleAs. You can also contribute to the mod if you want as they've maintained a separate table to list down the contributors

user posted image

GTA V premiere in SPRING 2013!

A new topic that was created only just a couple of days ago and it is already proving to be popular. Member KamilKiri has brought us some shocking news in this thread. It seems that one of the Sony Stores Employee has snapped some pictures of a new GTA V Artwork which says "Spring 2013". People who called this fake at first are now regreting for what they said. The thread has already reached over 90 pages so don't forget to check this out.

Happy BiR*thday Grand Theft Auto III!

This is another popular topic which is still active with people's posts. As the title says, GTA3 has turned 11 after celebrating it's 10th anniversary last year by releasing the game for iPhone iOS. So, if you still love the game, this thread is for you. Credits goes to Arsen Vitiuk for opening this topic.

Sorry for delaying in publishing the issue. I'd also like to apologise for the missing sections. Hopefully, they will be back in the next issue. Hope you had fun reading the issue. See you next time until then have a creepy Halloween!

For advertising contact the staff

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

Good Job.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

Nice work, but why nothing about Vice City's anniversary?

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

🇯🇲 🇬🇭 🇯🇲

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Most Valuable Player 2014
    Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011