• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:22 AM

Nice Work! icon14.gif

Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (Master of San Andreas @ Sunday, Aug 26 2012, 16:22)
Nice Work! icon14.gif

Thanks for the appreciation, icon14.gif

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

.. - .----. ... / .- / .--. .-. .- -. -.- .-.-.-

• Members
  • India

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:59 AM

Forgotten to post, can you please add me in the subscription list for this Newsletter? Thanks. smile.gif

xghostx
  • xghostx

• Members

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:03 AM

Great topic man, love the issue, keep up the good work.

BTW, can I subscribe or something like that. smile.gif

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

DYOM Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE (Dr. John13 @ Sunday, Aug 26 2012, 06:59)
Forgotten to post, can you please add me in the subscription list for this Newsletter? Thanks. smile.gif

Sorry, man. I'm gonna remove the subscribed readers section as Deepthroatgta6 said.

GTA36362355
  • GTA36362355

moving before it's dead

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:18 AM Edited by deepthroatgta6, 26 August 2012 - 07:30 AM.

QUOTE (shiva s @ Sunday, Aug 26 2012, 12:34)

Sorry, man. I'm gonna remove the subscribed readers section as Deepthroatgta6 said.

If you're taking my suggestion then I recommend making a new locked topic which has the newsletters. Have an image to be clicked in the first post of that topic which will lead to the URL of subscribing that topic.
Like this:
user posted image
Not everyone knows about subscribing. There is a "Track this topic" button on top right corner above the first post of any page. Clicking this adds the topic to the side bar and it gets highlighted everytime a new post is made. You can also get a notification email when a new post is made in any subscribed topic.

xghostx
  • xghostx

• Members

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE (deepthroatgta6 @ Sunday, Aug 26 2012, 14:18)
There is a "Track this topic" button on top right corner above the first post of any page.

Never thought of that, and never used it. I guess I'm gonna use it now. @[email protected]

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

• Members
  • India

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE (deepthroatgta6 @ Sunday, Aug 26 2012, 12:48)
QUOTE (shiva s @ Sunday, Aug 26 2012, 12:34)

If you're taking my suggestion then I recommend making a new locked topic which has the newsletters. Have an image to be clicked in the first post of that topic which will lead to the URL of subscribing that topic.
Like this:
user posted image
Not everyone knows about subscribing. There is a "Track this topic" button on top right corner above the first post of any page. Clicking this adds the topic to the side bar and it gets highlighted everytime a new post is made. You can also get a notification email when a new post is made in any subscribed topic.

I tracked this topic but I don't usually see my e-mails. Thus, I was thinking if anyone can PM the subscribers the Newsletter, then it would be a great idea.

xghostx
  • xghostx

• Members

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE (Dr. John13 @ Sunday, Aug 26 2012, 14:44)
I was thinking if anyone can PM the subscribers the Newsletter, then it would be a great idea.

Yeah it's great but it's gonna take times PMing tons of people.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

• Members
  • India

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE (xGhostx @ Sunday, Aug 26 2012, 13:19)
I was thinking if anyone can PM the subscribers the Newsletter, then it would be a great idea.

That's why I am asking if I can help him out with this, Also, copy pasting and sending to only the subscribers won't be a much of problem. smile.gif

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

DYOM Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (Dr. John13 @ Sunday, Aug 26 2012, 07:54)
QUOTE (xGhostx @ Sunday, Aug 26 2012, 13:19)

That's why I am asking if I can help him out with this, Also, copy pasting and sending to only the subscribers won't be a much of problem. smile.gif

Well, let's wait for more people to subscribe.

Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

I think we will have to work out some sort of PM'ing method eventually, because when you track a topic it sends you a notification e-mail every time someone replies to the thread like we're doing now. Maybe if the thread got locked by a mod and every week they added the newsletter in it would work, but that would be a tedious job and I'm not sure they can even post under your name.

GTA36362355
  • GTA36362355

moving before it's dead

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:14 AM Edited by deepthroatgta6, 26 August 2012 - 08:16 AM.

I don't think having an issue posted under your name is necessary if it is a team work. Having a locked topic will make it hassle-free. All you guys have to do is PM the newsletter to a moderator, say Girish and he will post it on the team's behalf. You can always add a credits section in the end of the newsletter.
You can have this thread open for comments.

I think the staff and the official gang members can send a PM to multiple recipients in one go but I'm not too sure.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

DYOM Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE (deepthroatgta6 @ Sunday, Aug 26 2012, 08:14)
I don't think having an issue posted under your name is necessary if it is a team work. Having a locked topic will make it hassle-free. All you guys have to do is PM the newsletter to a moderator, say Girish and he will post it on the team's behalf. You can always add a credits section in the end of the newsletter.
You can have this thread open for comments.

I think the staff and the official gang members can send a PM to multiple recipients in one go but I'm not too sure.

I PM'ed Prome about your suggestion but as lzw3 said, it'll involve a lot of work and I've to get special permissions from mods too. Thanks for your suggestion.

Boss Falcone
  • Boss Falcone

Resigned As Chief of LSPD

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:35 AM

Hey Shiva Nice setup here if you want some help or some Ideas Go to my topic Weazel News in gang section.

Also check some of my interviews.

Have a nice day

Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:53 AM

Thanks Boss Falcone. icon14.gif

A J
  • A J

Aggressively Honest

• BUSTED!
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

Thanks for offering me the chance to write about multiplayer events and gangs, it would be as pointless as writing about that here as the list of banned members was.If any member in off topic is actually interested in those subjects, they are covered perfectly well in the MM by AndyGanteks. Also every time someone posts here to just say 'Good Job' surely you don't need to reply after every post, with 'Thanks bro'!

Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Tuesday, Aug 28 2012, 20:57)
Also every time someone posts here to just say 'Good Job' surely you don't need to reply after every post, with 'Thanks bro'!

Are you offended by this?

caio3771
  • caio3771

• Members

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:50 AM

If you'l make that ''subscribers'' thingy id like to subscribe.
If not I'll continue visiting it icon14.gif

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

DYOM Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

user posted image

Greetings, readers! Welcome to the second issue of GTAForums Weekly. I'm really happy to say that the previous issue has got pretty good response from the readers. I'd personally like to thank the readers, the team and any people who visited the topic. All your feedbacks, suggestions and critics boosted our team's spirit and confidence levels. As suggested by some readers, the Banned Users of the Week and Top Posters of the Week sections have been removed. My apologies to those who enjoyed reading the Banned Users of the Week Section but some new sections have been added as a replacement. Also, some changes have been made to the issue. I'm sure, you'll all like it. The team list have been updated. A lot of things has been happening in GTAForums lately. Just sit back and relax. Hope you'll have fun reading the issue. Thank you.

user posted image
Well, the GTA Series subsections are regaining activity after Rockstar Games released new screenshots from Grand Theft Auto V. Causing a new spurt of activity in the GTA V section (and the creation of a new subforum for Official News) and that activity flowing over with the fans analyzing the new screenshots to make sure they don’t miss a thing (more on that from Izw3).

The Lobby has been staying the same with the typical odd topic showing up and dying again, and the old topics keeping their place on the top of General Chat with new posts every day; including the Official Forum Stoner V6 Topic, The Grumpy old Forumers Topic by Gareth Croke (Happy 8k from me), Quotable Notables @GTAF MkVI by Naomi, The funny Picture Topic, and last but not least the Have a Question V2 Topic

The other subforums of The Lobby (fun fact: Used to be known as Blargh) have been chugging along slowly, appreciating all the activity they can get. Here’s a special mention for all the GFX designers in both GFX sections, helping all the people they can. Please, if you’re going to make a request from them, do it politely and make sure you’re as cooperative as possible, they do this out of the kindness of their hearts, not for financial gain.

The Network has also been receiving the odd post here and there, with people (even those who joined later) still shocked by the passing of the moderator GTA3Freak-2001 last year. If you have any suggestions for the website, post them in the Site Suggestions Section and if you have any questions about the website (not game related), just state it in the Network Support section; where staff and members alike would be glad to answer your questions.

Have fun GTAForums, thanks for reading.

Source: Greenline
user posted image

user posted image
The hype of new screenshots and new news has died down since last week's edition of GTAForums Weekly, although there still continues to be 2-3 posts each minute which is an enormous influx since July when there had been no news for months.

The everlasting rivalry between a 2012 release and a 2013 release arose again this week when a thread titled 'People Thinking 2012' was made by carloff1212. This particular thread hit 15 pages in under a day and was mainly a bunch of fights between the 2012 supporters vs. the 2013 supporters, with neither side reaching an agreement on the matter.

The GTA V Fan Art thread fortunately continues to be flooded by awesome artwork such as this GTA V multiplayer envision by XTREME0235. It is this sort of work that keeps the forums interesting and makes new users wanting keep coming back for more and more. Great job to XTREME for that and also all the other hard-working GFX Request guys.

Another thread that seems to have cause controversy is the 'Rockstar Should Drop the Humour' thread by L-C-P-D with many people rightfully claiming that GTA wouldn't be GTA without the classic Rockstar Games humour that gets carried on from game to game (eg. Liberty City Cocks).

The 'Mapping Los Santos' thread created by Gifbrah in November is still continuing to be interesting after 9 months, especially with awesome maps like this by jbte. The main idea of this topic is to create a map of GTA V's setting by carefully looking at each screenshot and frame of the trailer, and to add to it after new images are released. This proves to be very intriguing with many people coming up with completely different ideas, but with both maps still being logical after inspecting screens. 

Rockstar games have said that there will be no new information for a few more weeks, so next week is probably going to be similar to this one. When the new information is released I'm sensing a massive increase of new members. But until then we're stuck with the current news...
Source: Izw3
user posted image

user posted image
Did you know that....?  Dan Houser, vice president of creative at Rockstar games, recently spent $12.5 million dollars on the former residence of author Truman Capote in Brooklyn, New York. The purchase is the most expensive in Brooklyn history, and, by extension, anywhere outside of Manhattan.That´s money 

What´s the most awesome annual tradition for Rockstar?  Yeah, you are right,is an annual cheese ball–eating contest in honor of Sam Houser´s birthday. "The object was to devour more gooey,greasy, deep-fried, chili pepper–sauced, baseball-size globes of fat than anyone else.It wasn't easy. In addition to packing downthe lard bombs, competitors had to endure chaos around them." From From David Kushner´s book , Jacked;The outlaw story of Grand theft auto.

Some of the lead level designers of Rockstar North traveled through California in 2010. "Lee, Stu, DJ and I hit Las Vegas, visit the Rockstars in San Diego, continue to Los Angeles and add the full stop in San Francisco." The collection from Ross Wallace's(lead level designer of Rockstar North) on flickr contains 4 albums with each of those cities. Early sketch exploration of some Los Santos style? Check it out!

Rockstar could be working on Ps vita since mid 2011. According to Jim Reilly, ex director on IGN and current editor on gameinformer is so. GTA San Andreas stories?  -Rockstar could be in possession of Wii U dev kits since early 2011. A Touch screen for GTA V? 

There is some confusion in V section  about the real meaning of Universe/Era in the GTA series. If you want to take a look, Adriaan tries  to explain it here

QUOTE OF THE WEEK;"I've been consistently wrong in attributing rational behavior to the Rockstar folks" Wedbush Securities Michael Pachter on GTA V marketing. 
Source: bud23
user posted image

user posted image

This week can be called as 'milestone week' as there were too many milestone threads this week. While people were getting tired of the continous milestone threads, an user named xGhostx opened a 1k milestone thread and some people got frustrated over this. They showed their frustration by posting in the topic. Waddy showed up later and he claimed to have warned a few people who posted in the topic. We decided to interview him about this.

Lot of people are finding milestone threads as useless. What have you got to say about that?

Waddy: Milestones have been a part of GTAF for aslong as I can ever remember. Just because a large portion of members have a lot posts, doesnt mean that the newer members cannot celebrate their 1000 post or 2k,3k etc. it's also Gen Chat, so what's the big deal?

You claimed to have warned a few people in a milestone thread yesterday. What's the warning about?

Waddy: I warned a few people for having a go at the TS and his milestone.

Thanks, Waddy.

Source: shiva s
user posted image

user posted image

GTANetwork - Newbie's Guide

Want to learn about BB Codes quickly? Want to know more about this forums? Want to know about the staffs and members in this forums? Want to know about the Gangs operating in this forums?

You can simply find all your answers in this guide. This awesome guide was created by miromiro on December 30 2010. This guide earned Miromiro a good name from the mods as well as the moderators. Miro is updating this guide every month. He has put a lot of effort in making this guide and you can always show your appreciation by posting in his guide.

user posted image

This weeks top track goes to "Spread Too Thin" by Dirty Heads (posted by Baseball).

This song is full to the brim with that feel-good vibe that everyone can relate to. Blending the laid back sounds of hip-hop and reggae, it immediately brings reminiscent images of a lazy summers day to mind, chilling on the grass with a cold beer in hand. After hearing the aforementioned track, I immediately sought more and found their other songs keep to this recipe of positivity and soothing, toe-tapping grooves. All in all, a very good band and definitely one to keep an eye on.

Worthy Of A Mention

Amongst all the tracks posted in the music section each week, there are some true pieces of brilliance and choosing just one is quite difficult. So, here, I'll give a nod to other songs that I feel are worthy of a mention.

Hey Man, Nice Shot by Filter (posted by Marlowe)
Book Of The Month by Lovage (posted by UNRATED69)
Fade Away by Black Heart Procession (posted by ioN)
Emotions by ColeCo (Posted by _____)

I hope you all enjoyed the above tracks. Be sure to pop in to the Rate the song above you and the ~Studio: Q-13 Lounge~ topics where music is the flame that fires the soul. See you next week!

user posted image

Please, note that we choose random people for asking article question. There's no discrimination involved in this.

This week's article question is:
What do you think is the best way to stop the spam in V section?

cidamelo: I think the only way is to have more moderation. Unfortunately there's a lot of people who loves to argue and spam in GTA V section, so the MODS exist to stop those things. But they have to be careful to not end our freedom of speech.

deepthroatgta6: Spam in the V section? That can never end unless we get ten more mass murderers like GT-1. Either that or we stop accepting new members. Some day the kids will grow up / GTAV will get old and the spam era will end.

miromiro: Punishments. I understand that staff are locking topics and reminding people about not doing this or that, but it doesn't get anywhere. Despite it being an active part of the forum, staff has to also get to warnings and also temp bans. It may sound difficult, but every single meme post or one smile post should be reminded. Also, all members who reply to a spam topic should get warned. This way, the spam will be reduced, if not, bans will come. It just looks like the only way to me, since nothing else seems to work, no matter if the rules topic are half a page huge, they still won't be read nor even open just for the sake of it, in which case, warnings have to do their job. That's how I see things, maybe a little harsh, but hey, it's a mad f*cking world.

user posted image

Vice City Stories PC Edition
Author: Luten | Category: Total Conversion

GTA: Vice City Stories PC Edition is a total conversion mod for San Andreas which aims to convert the game to Vice City. Lot of people are involved in making this great mod. The topic's thread has reached more than 290 pages with people's feedbacks and comments.

user posted image

The Croke Report

This is an awesome 8k milestone thread created by Gareth Croke. Unlike the other milestone threads, this milestone was a good one. Gareth has put a lot of efforts in making this topic. Many people appericated it and also congratulated her.

A decade of Icarus

And, yes, this is another milestone thread created by one of the most respected user around GTAForums, Icarus. It is a 11k milestone thread opened today. Lots of people are appericating the effort Icarus has put in making this milestone. 11k posts in 10 years! Hats off, Icarus.

PICTURE OF THE WEEK

user posted image

EXPRESSION

SOTW #41 entry thread is now open and you can post your signature there. Make sure you stick to the theme. The winner of the last week's SOTW is GunWrath. We'd like to congratulate him on the win.

Activity in Debates & Discussion and Writers' Discussion is little low. Feel free to show your writing work in Writers' Discussion subforums. Make sure, you follow the posting rules.

Thanks for taking time to read the issue. If you have any important news/events happening around GTAForums that needs to be shared, feel free to send them to or PrometheusX via PM and it will be published in the next issue. Your contribution will be credited and you will be mentioned in the Contributing Readers List. We're also looking for subscribers so please give us a subscribe. Hope you all had fun reading the issue. Hopefully, things will be much better in the next. See ya' all next time!

Johnny_Cash1983
  • Johnny_Cash1983

CopKilla

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

Thanks for news. icon14.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

This is a very interesting thread

Original Light
  • Original Light

You Float Like a Feather

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

I think you fully deserve a medal. Nice job icon14.gif
Very interesting. smile.gif

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

• Members
  • India

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (Original Light @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 19:30)

I expected this kind of post sooner or later in this topic and I am really worried if shiva is doing this for only this purpose. If that's in the case, then I shall stop reading this topic.

Anyways, great job Shiva. icon14.gif I know you got this idea from DYOM Magazine. (Don't fool me. I have also stayed around DYOM Section. biggrin.gif) Also, I am again telling, please don't be a karma whore. Nothing but disrespect.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

DYOM Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:07 PM Edited by shiva s, 01 September 2012 - 02:11 PM.

QUOTE (Original Light @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 14:00)
Very interesting. smile.gif

Thanks. I still have a long way to go and I'm not the only one who put a lot of effort in this.
@John13 To be honest, I don't do this for any medals or rewards. I just want to keep people entertained.
And, yes, DYOM Magazine was a part of my inspiration but my main inspiration is Gamesguru's GTAF Newletter.

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

• Members
  • India

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (shiva s @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 19:37)
@John13 To be honest, I don't do this for any medals or rewards. I just want to keep people entertained.

I know this, you said this every time when we both chat in FB. Well, every time I misunderstand it. But, I can't help myself. It's just, I feel your attitude isn't that straight. No offense again. Also, forgotten the reviews: 9.5/10 - Very less sections to read and some of them were already posted in the previous issue like GTA V News, etc. It only had a little bit more of pinch of salt. Otherwise, the presentation was excellent and well-planned. Though, a suggestion, try to be more variant as you post more issues. You should get the meaning as you are one of the Writer's Section regulars. wink.gif Anyways, many of the members won't listen to this and start to flame me. So, just keep this in your mind and think about this in future. Good luck of the next issue. smile.gif

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

THAT fella.

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

Very nice topic, I love it.

Keep up the good work. icon14.gif

Although this is called GTAForums Weekly, I've already mentally nicknamed/dubbed this topic "Have I Got GTAF News For You".

Lee.
  • Lee.

savage

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

Awesome work, shiva. icon14.gif Reminds me of DYOM Magazines biggrin.gif

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:05 PM

Love that small little "interview" with Waddy. Good job, guys. icon14.gif

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

DYOM Player

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Saturday, Sep 1 2012, 15:05)
Good job, guys. icon14.gif

Now, that's what I wanted to hear. Thank you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users